matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New work out, critque please.

Lifting Experience:: 1 year

Objective-Maintain current size while adding strength/deleting fat %
    Goal 160-170 lbs. at 8-12% body fat(Currently 168 lbs. 17%)

EVERYTHING has 30 secs between each set and 2 mins in between each lift.

------WEEK ONE-------
    Cycle 1, 8-10-12 reps (Everything unless stated)

Sunday- Chest/Tricep
    = BB flat bench
    = BB incline bench
    - Cable Cross-overs
    - Cable pull-down
    - Skull crushers
    - Reverse grip pull down

Monday- Bicep/Back
    - Preacher curls
    - Cable Curls
    - Concentration curls
    = Deadlift
    = Rows
    - Pull ups

Tuesday- Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    = Squat
    - Calf raises
    - Military Press
    - Seated lateral raises
    - Decline Reverse Crunch 4X15
    - Cross body crunch 4X30

Wednesday- REST(possibly cardio)

Cycle 2, 16-14-12 reps (Everything unless stated)

Thursday- Chest/Tricep
    - DB Decline
    - DB Incline
    - DB Fly's
    - One arm tricep extension
    - Bench dips 4X20
    - Push Downs

Friday- Bicep/Back
    - Easy bar curls
    - Regular curls
    - Hammer curl to opposite shoulder
    = Deadlift
    - Back extension
    - Single arm rows

Saturday- Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    = Squats
    - Calf raises
    - Arnold style military press
    - Standing BB behind head press
    - Flutter kicks 4X50
    - Exercise ball crunch 5X30

-----WEEK TWO-------

Cycle 3, 4-6-8 (Unless stated)
    Sunday- Chest/Tricep
    = BB flat bench
    = BB incline bench
    - Cable Cross-overs
    - Cable pull-down
    - Skull crushers
    - Reverse grip pull down

Monday- Bicep/Back
    - Preacher curls
    - Cable Curls
    - Concentration curls
    = Deadlift
    = Rows
    - Pull ups

Tuesday- Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    = Squat
    - Calf raises
    - Military Press
    - Seated lateral raies
    - Cross body crunch 4X30

Wednesday- REST

Cycle 4 (Cycle 2 again, 16-14-12)

Thursday- Chest/Tricep
    - DB Decline
    - DB Incline
    - DB Fly's
    - Bench dips 4X20
    - Push Downs

Friday- Bicep/Back
    - Easy bar curls
    - Regular curls
    = Deadlift
    - Back extension
    - Single arm rows

Saturday- Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    = Squats
    - Calf raises
    - Flutter kicks 4X50

Cardio 3-4 a week based on time and energy.
    Cardio consisting of
    - 1-2 miles at 7-8 mph
    - 60 secs 3.5 mph 30 secs 12 mph X5-10

(All = as far as I'm aware are compound lifts, still trying to educate myself with all the inforrmation on the site)

Thoughts:: I don't know if I should rest more often although 2-3 days are in between a muscle being used. Reasoning for size and cardio are meeting military standards and MMA.

Any suggestions are welcome and if and will someone destroys this idea point me in the right direction please.

Thanks,
    Funk

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should definitely put a rest day in between your Saturday and Sunday workout. Anyway, the fact that you've placed shoulders on back day causes you to work your front delts and triceps every other day and this is probably too much. I think it would make good sense to stick them with chest/triceps.

On your back day, make sure you do your curling after you've done all your back exercises. In fact you could probably cut down the amount of biceps isolations to just one exercise. Same with triceps- one isolation after all those presses should be sufficient.
    Try adding some more stuff for the legs- lunges for example as well as something for the hamstrings. Other than that, I think you're set.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Dru23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree with the poster above on most issues, definitely need to add some to legs and ned to give triceps some rest to rebuild...

but on another note, is that pic of you? because you say at the top you are at 17% right now, i would have to respectfully disagree with that if that is your pic. you are more around the 10% range in that pic....it would be touch for anyone to be 5'10, 168 and be at 17% bodyfat. that would take some talent. lol

matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_funk20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow was really expecting this to be ripped to hell seeing other people's lifts. I'll mess with it a little tomorrow morning and repost how I changed it.

Also the picture is of me. I used a BMI calculation and calipers for testing body fat % putting me around 17%, using some cheap 30$ electric tester put me at 6% which I felt was way off. Any tips for finding the correct % ??

On a last note, any tips on gettin' the definition in my lower abs? Or is it all diet?

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matt_funk20 View Post
    Wow was really expecting this to be ripped to hell seeing other people's lifts. I'll mess with it a little tomorrow morning and repost how I changed it.

Also the picture is of me. I used a BMI calculation and calipers for testing body fat % putting me around 17%, using some cheap 30$ electric tester put me at 6% which I felt was way off. Any tips for finding the correct % ??

On a last note, any tips on gettin' the definition in my lower abs? Or is it all diet?
    Its all diet. Abs=low bodyfat and low bodyfat is achieved through diet.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaBosse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im confused why someone with 1 year lifting experience has produced his own routine, anyway i can almost certainly guarantee you that you are overtraining considering you arnt juicing and arnt super experienced. everyone starts off like this its not your fault its all the people who put out such informations fault i would 100% refer you to the sticky: why no one is critiquing my routine and on one of those programs youll gain strength (some size is inevitable if your trying to get stronger) and if you keep your diet clean you arnt gonna increase the old BF%

That's what I assumed for the lower abs and I'm trying to come up with a diet but roommates always eat my stuff.......So I tried to space some more stuff out and reduced the isolation work outs from tri/bi. I definately agree everything I've learned has been by word of mouth and I'm trying to educate myself further but most work outs I've read are only 3 times a week and I love going every single day. (I just got a tattoo so I'm restarting my work out routine this sunday so hopefully I can get something set in stone by then)

Also everything is now in order of what I would normally do firstst to last.
    EVERYTHING has thirty seconds between each set and two minutes in between each lift.
    Cardio in between each cycle to give rest to deltoids in between shoulders day and back day.

>>>>>>Cycle 1, 4-6-8 reps (Everything unless stated)

Day-1, Back/Bicep
    = Rows
    - Cable Curls
    = Deadlift
    - Pull ups
    - Concentration Curls

Day-2, Chest/Tricep
    = BB flat bench
    - Skull crushers
    = BB incline bench
    - Cable pull-down
    - Cable Cross-overs

Day-3, Legs
    = Squats
    - Calf Raises
    - Lunges
    - Seated Leg Curls

Day-4, Shoulders/Abs
    - Military Press
    - Cross body crunch 4X30
    - Seated lateral raies

>>>>>>>Cycle 2, 16-14-12 reps (Everything unless stated)

Day-1, Chest/Tricep
    - DB Decline
    - DB Incline
    - Bench dips 4X20
    - DB Fly's

Day-2, Bicep/Back
    = Deadlift
    - Back extension
    - Easy Bar Curls
    - Single arm rows

Day-3, Legs
    - Calf Raises
    = Squats
    - Lunges
    - Seated Leg Curls

Day-4, Shoulders/Abs
    - Flutter kicks 4X50

>>>>>>>>>>>>Cycle 3, 8-10-12

Day-1, Back/Bicep
    = Rows
    - Cable Curls
    = Deadlift
    - Pull ups
    - Concentration Curls

Day-2, Chest/Tricep
    = BB flat bench
    - Skull crushers
    = BB incline bench
    - Cable pull-down
    - Cable Cross-overs

Day-3, Legs
    = Squats
    - Calf Raises
    - Lunges
    - Seated Leg Curls

Day-4, Shoulders/Abs
    - Military Press
    - Cross body crunch 4X30
    - Seated lateral raies

Repeat cycle 2.

Cardio 3-4 a week based on time and energy.

(All = as far as I'm aware are compound lifts)
    Last edited by matt_funk20; 03-05-2010 at 10:15 AM.