Thread: CEU's for NSCA

tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)

CEU's for NSCA

I have read through their website some and still do not have a full understanding of CEU's. If anyone has this cert and has had to do the CEU's could you explain the least amount of trouble you can go through to obtain your CEU's? I was hoping I could just take a few online quizzes and receive them. Is it that simple? Is it much trouble/money?

Any help is appreciated. Reps for help.
    NSCA-CPT

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    I have read through their website some and still do not have a full understanding of CEU's. If anyone has this cert and has had to do the CEU's could you explain the least amount of trouble you can go through to obtain your CEU's? I was hoping I could just take a few online quizzes and receive them. Is it that simple? Is it much trouble/money?

Any help is appreciated. Reps for help.
    Before you pay for any CEU stuff, make sure you see how much you can get per each category.

Getting another certification always counts for lots of points...

HINT: Look at "personal Development" where you can claim CEUs from book study, and any other stuff you do on your own

Remember NSCA uses an honor system so whatever you do or claim to do, they may not even verify what you did, but if you cheat the system, and get audited by them, bye bye goes your cert.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Before you pay for any CEU stuff, make sure you see how much you can get per each category.

Getting another certification always counts for lots of points...

HINT: Look at "personal Development" where you can claim CEUs from book study, and any other stuff you do on your own

Remember NSCA uses an honor system so whatever you do or claim to do, they may not even verify what you did, but if you cheat the system, and get audited by them, bye bye goes your cert.
    Ok. Sounds good. I wonder how often they actually audit people. What do you mean by book study? You just claim to read a book or you claim to read the book and then take a quiz?
    NSCA-CPT

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's lots of ways to earn CEUs. You can do online webinars to get some (and they have them every month I think).

For me at least, the best way to recertify is to go to the National Convention. Their European Conference is coming next month and I'm going. Attending earns you the requisite CEUs to recertify. And, because at least half the convention involves actually DOING (i.e. the workshops) rather than listening (the lectures) or taking an exam, you get some great hands on experience. And, of course, you get to interact with some of the best coaches, experts and athletes in the world.

Well worth the money.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can earn four CEUs from online quizzes (category B) per three year period. Each quiz is worth 0.5 CEUs and the cost is $20 per quiz. NSCA keeps taking more and more money every reporting period it seems. I remember when the quizzes were only $15 each.

You will need to find 2.0 CEUs from other categories during that three year period.

I can go into more detail if you are interested.

elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I took an awesome business and sales course that was only $199 and got me 1.5 CEUs toward NSCA. It was also online so I was able to complete it in 3 days. The course actually taught me a lot about getting more clients too so I highly recommend it. here is the link: fitnessmentors.com/business-and-sales-ceu-course/

Also they had 0.5 free CEUs on the site too if anyone needs just a few credits.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    Ok. Sounds good. I wonder how often they actually audit people. What do you mean by book study? You just claim to read a book or you claim to read the book and then take a quiz?
    NSCA Continuing Education
    https://www.nsca.com/certification/c...ing-education/

This site provide you with the categories and number of CEUs you can obtain for specific activities.

Catagory D

Book study, reading book, reading research periodicals, etc. yields .5 CEUs per year for a total of 1.5 CEUs in a three year period.

NSCA CEU Online Quizzes

This is one method of obtaining your CEUs.

Overall, I am NOT a fan of the NSCA Quizzes.

My main objective is that many times you have to extrapolate information to determine the correct answer. In other words, NO definitive answer is provided.

The problem lies with a committee of individuals who have no formal training in writing exam questions.

I received my CSCS in 1998. In my 18 years, nothing has changed in the NSCA methodology of writing quiz questions.

Easiest Way To Obtain NSCA Continuing Education Units

The easiest method is attending sanctioned clinics. Sit, listen and learn.

With that said, below is information on the...

2016 Albuquerque Strength and Conditioning Clinic
    https://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/N...ng_Clinic_.pdf

This is the fifty year of the clinic. It is sanctioned with the NSCA and NASM. Individuals with other Personal Training Certification can obtain CEUs from this even, as well.

Kenny Croxdale, CSCS
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    You can earn four CEUs from online quizzes (category B) per three year period. Each quiz is worth 0.5 CEUs and the cost is $20 per quiz. NSCA keeps taking more and more money every reporting period it seems. I remember when the quizzes were only $15 each.
    Ditto!

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by elCPT View Post
    The course actually taught me a lot about getting more clients too so I highly recommend it. here is the link:
    What are a few of the things you learned about client acquisition?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.