jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to site; Quick question !

Hey, I'm 20 now and have only been working out for a year and a half. I just had a couple quick questions about my routine. Here it is:

M- Chest
    T- Legs & Biceps
    W- Triceps
    T- Back & Biceps
    F- Shoulders

Am I overtraining anything here? (Specifically biceps, but after the day off for biceps on wednesday they aren't sore on thursday and feel good to workout). Also, I go pretty hard, I do alot of sets (4/5 of EACH muscle listed per workout) and 8-10 reps (trying to add mass). And my triceps day is also really intense, I am usually in the gym for about an hour just training triceps on wednesday, and it was weird the past couple weeks they haven't really even gotten too sore, does this mean im overtraining?

And my second question, even though my weight has been increasing, my arms don't seem to be adding much size at all.. is this because I'm not eating many carbs? I was getting worried about cutting down my body to get more ripped, but am trying to gain more mass on my arms at the same time... Alot of peolpe say its not possible and you should either cut or bulk... Would this be the reason I'm not making much of an improvement in my arm mass, the absence of carbs?

Help is REALLY REALLY appreciated! THANKS!

jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please.... :x

[KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What rep ranges are you doing and what progress have you made with this program?

M- Chest: I have just started muscle confusion this week and have switched up some workouts. I am steadily progressing with my chest, I am happy about that

T- Legs&Biceps: My legs are improving like crazy with each workout. I used to be 5'11 and 120 lbs and I'm currently 5'11 170 lbs after a year and a half of working out and actually eating and my legs region has piled on a bunch of mass (muscle though).. Biceps also have improved, my weights are going up and I'm seeing better definition and more mass being added

W- Triceps: Here's the problem.. I feel like my triceps are getting better, although they stopped getting sore but after yesterdays workout with muscle confusion, they are sore as hell today.. here was my workout:
    -Close Grip Bench: 3 x 6-8
    -Pulldowns Superset with Bench Dips with 35 lb plate: 3 x 8-10 Pulldowns and 3 x 20 Dips
    -Dumbell Overhead extension: 3 x 6-8
    -Modular Skull Crushers: 3 x 8
    -Tricep Kickbacks: 2 x 12
    Like I said, my triceps are feeling really sore..

And the rest of my muscle confusion workouts will continue today with back and bi's and shoulders tomorrow... so like I said, my main concern is adding mass to my arms... do you think my workout program looks legit? Is it because I havent been eating right and neglecting carbs? Seriously, thanks alot.. reps

W-

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    "Overtraining" and "muscle confusion" are two terms that should forever be stricken from these forums. That is all.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 05-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

so, no overtraining I guess? I hope so.. thanks though

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nigga please...

You're training your biceps more often than your legs. WTF are you doing?!

PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    "Overtraining" and "muscle confusion" are two terms that should forever be stricken from thses forums. That is all.
    AWESOME. Great post
    Train hard, Train early, Eat like a beast.....Become a Beast! in short....act as if!

I rep back

Owe:
    Snorkelman
    PBateman2

do you guys usually do legs more than once a week? I mean, biceps is the only thing that I do twice a week really...

For legs I do..

Squats 3 x 8-10
    Leg Press 3 x 8-10
    Cleans (with squat) 3 x 6
    Leg Extensions 3 x 12

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jzb786 View Post
    Hey, I'm 20 now and have only been working out for a year and a half. I just had a couple quick questions about my routine. Here it is:

M- Chest
    T- Legs & Biceps
    W- Triceps
    T- Back & Biceps
    F- Shoulders

Am I overtraining anything here? (Specifically biceps, but after the day off for biceps on wednesday they aren't sore on thursday and feel good to workout). Also, I go pretty hard, I do alot of sets (4/5 of EACH muscle listed per workout) and 8-10 reps (trying to add mass). And my triceps day is also really intense, I am usually in the gym for about an hour just training triceps on wednesday, and it was weird the past couple weeks they haven't really even gotten too sore, does this mean im overtraining?

And my second question, even though my weight has been increasing, my arms don't seem to be adding much size at all.. is this because I'm not eating many carbs? I was getting worried about cutting down my body to get more ripped, but am trying to gain more mass on my arms at the same time... Alot of peolpe say its not possible and you should either cut or bulk... Would this be the reason I'm not making much of an improvement in my arm mass, the absence of carbs?

Help is REALLY REALLY appreciated! THANKS!
    You really don't know much about the iron game, do you?

After my first ten sets or so of squats or deads, I do my worksets.

Am I overtraining? Hell no!

If you are already a monster, then you can do what the hell you want. Even then a day for triceps is a bit ridiculous.

You come across as a perfect candidate for a novice program like Starting Strength. Buy the book anyway, even if you don't run the program. As well as being the best barbell primer, you won't ask silly questions about overtraining on a day devoted to triceps.

Seriously, which of the following do you think is likely to be more systemically fatiguing?

1. Ten or more sets of squats followed by high rep goodmornings, hise shrugs, machine leg work, as assistance.

2. Ten or more sets of deads followed by high rep squats, kroc rows, head harness, as assistance.

3. Pissing around for ages with triceps isolation.

I do close grip bench, parallel bar dips, and tri pushdowns. But devoting a day to tris can indicate someone moving south of vag.

Jgreystoke, I'm definitely not on novice level dude, just had a couple questions that I want answered.. So you're saying that a day devoted to triceps is too much huh? Well, what if I'm at the point where if I don't do a full workout of triceps I probably won't feel sore? Should I decrease the number of exercises to 3 like you do, and do 4 sets of each workout? Thanks for the help !
    Last edited by jzb786; 05-25-2010 at 12:24 AM.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jgreystoke, I'm definitely not on novice level dude, just had a couple questions that I want answered.. So you're saying that a day devoted to triceps is too much huh? Well, what if I'm at the point where if I don't do a full workout of triceps I probably won't feel sore? Should I decrease the number of exercises to 3 like you do, and do 4 sets of each workout? Thanks for the help !
    I am not saying a day devoted to those little triceps is too much. I am saying it is bollocks.

That is unless you are a monster, in which case you can do what you like to bring up weak parts.

I do a lot more than three exercises, but it might be something like:

Squat 10+ sets

Close grip bench 8+ sets

Assistance:

Goodmornings 2-3 x 20
    Hise shrugs 2-3 x 20
    Leg curl 2-3 x 20
    Leg extension 2-3 x 20

Kroc rows 1 x 30
    Push press 1 x 20
    Lateral raise 1 x 20
    Bent forward lateral raise 1 x20
    Dips up to 10 sets of low reps

Bicycle crunch1 x 20, not a serious exercise, just a warmup for
    Ab pulldown 2 - 3 x 20

Grip machine 1 x 20-30 or 10+ sets of low reps
    Finger extensions 2-3 x 20

If I was less energetic, the above would be divided into two days, with the bench and assistance done the day before the squats and its assistance.

I might drag a 155lb barrel around the garden with chains after, or try to powerwalk a mile or two around my favorite field that has a 100' climb every circuit of half mile. My knees won't allow me to run anymore, and sometimes they even rule out the walk

And then there is my deadlift and assistance, and my clean and press and assistance. Again they can be done together, or on separate days, so extremely versatile.

Since the big movements are prioritized, the assistance work can be abbreviated if too tired, or even dropped altogether that day if really shot. Or they can be done the next day to help recovery.

I also do up to 100 rep set of bodyweight squats as a conditioner, often the morning after squat session, to alleviate DOMS and help recovery.

jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post

I also do up to 100 rep set of bodyweight squats as a conditioner, often the morning after squat session, to alleviate DOMS and help recovery.
    wow i might try this. do you recommend it?

wk10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One day on triceps? thats abit much dont you think?

yeah Im probably going to cut out one exercise during triceps day

Originally Posted by jamie93 View Post
    wow i might try this. do you recommend it?
    Yes.

Won't get you huge on its own. Will improve conditioning, endurance, heart rate, joint integrity, recovery. Should boost your appetite, along with the weights.

yeah Im probably going to cut out one exercise during triceps day
    I think you should get serious and do something more productive than devote a day to a small muscle group that gets hit by any upper body push.

Devoting a day to legs or back is more like it......

Yup, that's what I'm doing.. thanks alot for the help.. What do you think about doing chest and triceps on monday instead of just chest... and then replacing my lone tricep day with chest and triceps... better? and yes, I will be devoting a lone day to legs and doing legs twice a week, the second day will be saturday