Large Mammary Aficionado IronAlex's Avatar
    IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Getting stacked with Muscle Pharm

Cliffs at bottom

Well I was lucky enough to be chosen to log Muscle Pharms new Athlete's Stack so a huge thank you to them and especially to WildBill0771 for whom I would not be logging these products now if it wasn't for him kicking me in the ass; I owe him big. I am super excited about doing a new log, this will be my second sponsored log of which I am very thankful for and although I don't plan on starting it right now I wanted to let everyone know what was coming lol For anyone who has seen my other log you know I am very in-depth about how I feel/sides etc. I plan to keep that going here. I will be following the same log format as I used last time to make things easy to follow for people just looking to get the gist of my posts.

That said this log will officially start closer to the end of the month (I have not yet set a date and I don't have the product yet anyway so it would be silly to suggest a start date without it.) But the main goal for this log will be a cut mainly as I could stand to shed a few of those pesky pounds that are there to annoy lol. Well that said I guess I will toss in some cliffs for anyone not reading and I promise to continue to do my best in the gym and with a little luck (and some help from Muscle Pharm) I hope to get there.

And breaking tradition with my other log and the lack of pictures I present the Athlete's Stack

Cliffs:
    - New log, same format as my other one
    - Starting this log at the end of the month sometime
    - Big thanks to WildBill0771 and Muscle pharm for making all this possible
    - I will be cutting for the whole log so it will be nice to see what the products can do for me
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit
    www.thedisposableheroesproject.com
    http://thetellingproject.org/

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subbed and looking forward to hearing some feedback
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronAlex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cliffs at bottom as usual!

Monday, April 05

Day 1: Push-strength

Workout notes:
    Well today was my first day using the Athlete's Stack, first some general feelings about the products, Assault's flavor was amazing it's blue raspberry and while it's a little on the sweet side for my taste it is awesome. Unfortunately, it did not mix as well as I was hoping but that was not a big deal since I will try different ways of mixing it to see what works best. I think it didn't mix as well as it could've because it was on the bottom and I put water over it, instead of the other way around which is how I will try next time. Battle fuel is an interesting supplement since I have never really tried a test booster / AI designed with my workout in mind before. Lastly Recon which I personally like the profile for it, it’s a BCAA with a few other things mixed in. For a BCAA drink, it mixed really well, which is surprising to say the least for me anyway. The taste on the other hand leaves a little to be desired since to me it did not taste the greatest, for my first use of it, anyway I find that sometimes you get used to the way something tastes after awhile of using it.

So here is the deal I will attempt to update my log every day I workout with how my workout went, comments, general feelings and what not. However between all my other commitments (school, work, etc.) that might not always happen and honestly when logging a product like this you really don't need to hear how my workout went 4 times a week to know if it’s working or not. I will do my best to update everyday when I can, but I will for sure at least update once a week with my full weeks worth of workouts. And of course, Sunday will be my weigh in day since the main goal of my log is to cut weight and keep the muscle. My starting weight thanks to my friends over at Thermolife and their product Dicana is now 198 pounds (I will update my bodyspace when I can) I have pictures but unfortunately my camera is having issues so I will upload them as soon as I can, but know that I do have before pics and measurements to be posted up. You can follow my log here or if you are a member, you can follow it here:
    http://myfitspace.com/forums/showthr...5656#post15656
    I'm not going to lie however since I don't have a whole ton of time to type up two different log reports (and since there is really not a point to doing that) it will be basically a carbon copy of this log, there might be stubble differences but overall it will be copy/paste.

Which (finally) leads me to today’s workout, over all there was no problems, I took Assault before my workout and I was ready to "assault" my workout. lol There will unfortunately most likely be no strength gains in this log since I am cutting (boo I know) but I will ideally maintain and hopefully be able to endure more, which is how today’s workout went. Usually since my gym is at my school, I am fairly stuck to one machine so I start with my highest weight first then drop the weight to keep my reps the same. It's been working for me very well since I have switched to this technique and I hope to keep with it. So here is the shocker for my bench I lowered my weight once (instead of the four times I usually do) and did four sets of the same weight which for me was great since my bench is a little weak (IMO anyway). Then I did the same for Rope pull-downs, overhead triceps extensions and leg press. So over all my workout went well, I didn't add weight per say but I managed to lift the same weight more.

Workout mood:
    So today was a really, really bad day for me. At least it started bad and did not get any better as time went on. First I forgot my cell phone, then my laptop started acting up (which I fixed thankfully) and a few other things I don't feel like talking about since I'm not here to vent but report how everything was going. Workouts for me are usually a good time to forget everything that was going on and have well a good workout at least and that is exactly the mindset I had going into it, over all I can't complain and that is the bottom line. And since my workout, my day has gotten better so I guess it depends on how you look at things.

Cliffs:
    - Day 1 of the stack no problems thus far
    - You can follow me here or here:http://myfitspace.com/forums/showthr...5656#post15656
    - I will try to update daily or at least as often as I can (once a week minimum plus sunday weigh in)
    - Workout went great, read the first paragraph for in depth look at the taste/mix ability of the product.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Tuesday, April 06

Day 2: Pull-strength

Workout notes:
    So my workout went very well. I am very happy with how things are going so far, it is hard to tell the long-term effects but so far, I can't complain. Assault is still giving me mixing problems, it tastes good but I get some sediment at the bottom or something that just does not mix. I am not sure what it is but it’s grainy and I get some thick blue sticky blobs in it so it takes one or two mixes to get the most of it down. However, it tastes great lol.

Recon is a different story, it still mixes great for me which I am still admitting is amazing in my opinion since BCAA's have been notoriously hard to mix since they started making them. However, the taste for me is not great at all. I am not sure what it is but it’s just not Fruit punch for me I cannot place the taste but it's not very pleasant for me.

Workout mood:
    Today was a much better day, I got my workout done in 1 hour and 15 min, which is a little slow for me, but I was tired so it makes sense. Nothing much to add here, so I guess this is going to be a little shorter than yesterday. Any who thanks for reading and happy lifting!

Cliffs:
    - Day 2 of the stack
    - Recon mixes great, doesn't taste so great. Assault doesn't mix so well but tastes amazing
    - Great workout, a little slow but still overall no problems
    - Not much else to add!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Thursday, April 08

Day 2: Push-size

Workout notes:
    Well I really don't have much to say about today’s workout. It came and it went, not too much to add about it. I guess I should break down my work out a little since I have a little bit of time to do it. Usually I don't for a few reasons but mostly because this log is for the products, I am using and not so much how I structure my workouts. Right now, I use the general Layne Norton set up so workouts go like this:

Monday- Push-strength (high weights lower reps)
    Tuesday- Pull- strength
    Thursday- Push- size (lower weights but higher reps)
    Friday- Push- size

So that is the general setup that I have been using for the past... 6 months or so, it's been working great for me thus far. Cannot complain with the volume of my workouts. As I've said before they last about 1 hour, I prefer to keep it about that kind of time frame but usually they are either a little shorter or longer depending on how I feel. Unfortunately since I workout in a very busy gym I usually don't get the freedom I would like to have to modify my workout but that is life.

Today’s workout went very uneventful, it was a great workout don't get me wrong however there wasn't anything to report so much on it. As far as the stack goes, I am not having a whole lot of post workout soreness, which is nice. Moreover, the assault does a great job of waking me up without giving me a crash afterwards. Still having mixing issues, as I said a lot of sediment after mixing no matter how long I mix it. Taste is out of this world though so I still wouldn't mind dealing with it. The Recon is still giving me some trouble, it mixes great but it does not taste great... still. I cannot really place the taste but it is fruity, I just cannot tell what fruit. lol

Workout mood:
    I was really energized for my workout today. Really happy over all with how I was feeling going in and I was really tired going out of it so it was nice. Well overall, it was a good day and I had plenty of energy for the full workout.

Cliffs:
    - Day 4 of stack (day 3 was my off day)
    - Recon mixes great, doesn't taste so great still. Assault doesn't mix so well but tastes amazing still lol
    - Over all my workout was incredible but not much to talk about
    - You can read my workout overview where I list it by day if you are interested.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Friday, April 09

Day 5: Pull-size

Workout notes:
    Well unfortunately, I do not have a lot of time to update today (which is a shame since I wanted to type up a little bit more on the products I have been taking. Which I believe to be a good stack (or I would not be taking it obviously lol) but maybe I will have more time tomorrow when I weight in. So over all Fridays workout went really well. Deadlifts are kicking my ass but what else is new right? Other than that I've been cutting for a bit now and I haven't really had too much of a problem keeping my strength up. I will say I am still having the two issues that I have been dealing with since the beginning however, the assault doesn't seem to want to mix for me and the recon tastes like some sort of fruit (Which I'm still having trouble placing and its bothering me lol) but I don't really like it. Overall, though it has been a great first week and I cannot wait for the following few.

Workout mood:
    I really am not sure how much caffeine is in assault but it wakes you up without making you feel jittery (at least for me) and there is really no crash which is nice right before my workout (woo!). So far, it's been a great week and I wanted to end on a good note, which I always try to do but for anyone who's been lifting for a while knows that it doesn’t always work out that way. Assault has been helping me push it hard for my workouts and that puts me in a good mood. So workout mood for the week pretty much has been great Any who that's it for now, Happy lifting!

Cliffs:
    - Day 5 of stack
    - Still having the same problems with Recon/Assault
    - Sunday is weigh in and so far things are looking pretty good
    - It has been a great week; I cannot wait for the next couple of weeks!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Sunday, April 11

Day 7: Weigh in

Workout notes:
    Well I don't have a ton of time as it were to type up everything I wanted but I will update with yesterday’s workout and today’s workout most likely at the same time. This should be later today. Nevertheless, I am sure anyone reading understands how hard it is to update regularly with school/homework/etc. Any who on to the fun part, my goal was to drop 1-2 pounds a week and with some luck keep most of the muscle I started out with. As of Sunday, I have dropped........... 1 pound lol. Not bad since I was not shooting for too much more than that anyway and I really wanted to keep it nice and slow so I don't lose any of that muscle I've been working to get.

Week in review:
    So before, I started this whole stack I wanted to make sure my diet/workout routine was the best I could make it, or at the very least, the best I thought it could be. I am for sure not a cardio person so I make up for it with little to no rest between sets while I workout. For anyone whose done that you know it will make you sweat faster than being in a sauna, and its worked for me which is good since I've been managing my diet very well; I've had one cheat meal and it was something I had to do for work. The cals for that day weren't bad so it didn't really hit me too hard I think the worst thing it did was throw off my macros. Over all its been a very productive week and I hope these next few weeks are just as productive! Thanks for reading and happy lifting!

Cliffs:
    - Day 7 of stack
    - Weigh day!
    - Dropped 1 pound which is what I was hoping for
    - Over all a good week and great effort, the next week will hopefully be as smooth!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Monday, April 12

Day 8: Push-strength

Workout notes:
    Today’s write up for Monday and Tuesday are going to be fairly short, mostly because I don't have a lot to add and partly because I don't have a whole lot of time to type everything out like I would like to. Mondays workout went fairly well, I was super rushed since I got there late and had to leave at a certain time so some of it got cut, usually I do 4 sets for 5 reps however my last couple of exercises I ended up doing 2 sets of 5 to save time. I will make up for it later but overall it went well. So far, I don't have any new complaints about the stack, I am enjoying the whole thing though and I have only just started.

Workout mood:
    Today wasn't the greatest day ever; I forgot a lot of things that I usually bring to the gym with me so I had to call in a favor to get everything just so I could workout. That is partly my fault as I usually am more on top of things. It's just that I didn't have a whole lot of time to set out what I wanted to. So before workout I had class, which ran long, by the time I got to the gym I only had 1 hour to get everything done and like I said I didn't make it. It was unfortunate yes but it was still one hell of a workout

Cliffs:
    - Day 8 of the stack no new complaints!
    - Over all it was a really rough day forgot a lot of stuff and had to call in a favor from a friend to get everything
    - Short updates because there really isn't much to add for a stack like this
    - Workout was rushed but it was great over all. Had to cut my last two exercises to 2 sets x 5 reps
    Last edited by IronAlex; 04-13-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Tuesday, April 13

Day 9: Pull-strength

Workout notes:
    Oh yeah three updates in one day! I was super exhausted today; afterwards I was even more exhausted. The Assault really woke me up for the workout and I think I did an amazing job getting through it; as evidence by the fact that I still don't want to get up and move around right now lol. Over all though I can't complain because like I said I was exhausted and somehow managed to power through it all. Bottom line I guess today was better than yesterday and I managed to really lift my ass off.

Workout mood:
    Exhausted! If one word was going to come to mind, it was exhausted. I don't know why since I slept great but I just didn't have energy. Thankfully, assault worked great for me and woke me up without making me jittery or giving me a crash. This would have sucked since as I said many times I was just exhausted. Any who got it done and Thursday is a new day! Thanks for stopping in!

Cliffs:
    - Day 9 of the stack
    - Assault really woke me up without a crash or jittery feeling
    - Super exhausted before working out and especially after my workout
    - Can't wait for Thursday
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Thursday, April 15

Day 11: Push-size

Workout notes:
    I was super amped coming into my workout, which made for a great time. Not too much to complain about so far, I'm kind of getting used to Recons taste which is nice. Not that I've had any trouble drinking it but like I've been saying it's just a funny taste. Assault is great Pre-workout and I'm seriously enjoying using it. It tastes awesome and it’s a good way to start a workout rather than drinking something that tastes awful then having to deal with burps or whatever.

So great workout would pretty much sum it up at the risk of sounding redundant (which I have been trying to avoid since my logs are fairly long). In any case, I've only had the same two problems which isn't bad at all IMO.

Workout mood:
    I pretty much amped and I was really looking forward to my workout when it came around. So needless to say when I got to the gym I really killed it, afterwards I was nice and exhausted so I'm still in a good mood because of it.

Cliffs:
    - Day 11 of stack (day 10 was my off day)
    - Same two problems I've been having with the stack (which isn't bad at all)
    - Workout was great today, tomorrow should be good too!
    - Nothing else to say
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Friday, April 16

Day 12: Pull-size

Workout notes:
    So a little late, but not by much since yesterday was Friday. Over all I had a great workout a ton of focus and I was amped. Lately I have been paying especially close attention to my form since right now I am cutting and I am not quite pushing around the weight like I was before I started. But mostly because form is something that can always be improved whether you're a beginner or a strongman everyone can improve on how they lift. So I powered through my workout and even with some hang ups I managed to finish in one hour 15 minutes, which isn't bad since one of the guys at the gym decided it would be a good time to chat while I was doing dead lifts... riiiight. Any who even with the little break I did get I still managed to have a great lifting session over all and I look forward to seeing how next week goes!

Workout mood:
    Great mood coming into my workout, Assault really helped get my head out of the clouds so to speak and really focus on my workout. Which if you read the first part you know was not easy. Over all I think I was nice and mentally ready to hit the gym when I came in and my workout really showed that.

Cliffs:
    - Day 12 of stack
    - No real complaints
    - Sunday is weigh day so hopefully I will drop 1-2 pounds
    - It's been a good week and with some luck, the next one will be just as good
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Monday, April 20

Day 15: Push-strength

Workout notes:
    So where to start, my hands are killing me lol. I've been getting really bad calluses on my hands to the point that they hurt really bad and I haven't had a whole lot of time to cut them off (which I usually try to do since they build up fairly quickly). But to the workout, it really didn't affect what I had to do today, but it was a Push day and usually they hurt when I pull, which I didn't have time to cut them off before Tuesdays workout (today) or I would have. Over all it was a great workout, I had a ton of energy in the gym and I didn't get any new maxes (which I wasn't expecting to do anyway) but I am doing the same weight for more than one set so there is that. I also have had trouble adding weight to my bench so it’s great that I am pushing more longer.

Workout mood:
    Today was a great day, I remembered my shaker (like I usually do but you will remember that last week I forgot it) and I was fairly awake when I got to the gym. I really enjoyed the feeling I got after drinking Assault (the caffeine kicking in feeling) and it woke me up which made my mood that much better all before I even touched a weight. Afterwards I was sweaty and exhausted so over all I would say it was a great workout!

Cliffs:
    - Day 15 of the stack no new complaints!
    - Remembered my shaker this time
    - Calluses on my hands are really bad and are killing me lol
    - Over all was awake and alert for the workout, could not ask for more than that!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Tuesday, April 16

Day 16: Pull-strength

Workout notes:
    So as I alluded to in my last update, I had some issues with my hands and the calluses on them. It really sucks to have to pull a weight toward you when they push so hard into your hands it almost feels like they are bruising underneath. Nevertheless, even with all that, my workout went according to plan and I had nothing bad to say at all about it other than the pain issues, which with any luck, will be taken care of tonight for next time. Like I said, I don't plan to set any PR's while on a cut and hopefully I will keep all my strength while I’m cutting. Unfortunately this makes for a fairly boring log as most people want to see new PR's left and right however the before and after photos should be fairly impressive as long as I cut according to plan. So there isn't much else to add, my workout was a little over an hour, which is slow, but I needed to give my hands a break while I throw all that weight around.

Workout mood:
    Well not much to say I wasn't really amped for my workout per say however I was fairly wake even though I didn't get too much sleep last night since I needed to be up early today. Over all not much to add, I was focused for my workout just not happy kinda meh the whole time. But hey still a great workout, which just goes to show you that your mood doesn't need to affect your workout if you don't want it to.

Cliffs:
    - Day 16 of the stack
    - Great workout calluses hurt like hell
    - Didn't sleep a whole lot last night hopefully it won't be a reoccurring thing
    - Was feeling meh but didn't let it affect my workout
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Thursday, April 22

Day 18: Push-size

Workout notes:
    Right now, I feel like ass, but over all my workout early today was great. That actually could be the problem right now because I've pushed myself so hard. Any who I really worked my ass off at the same time I kept my time between sets really low. So bottom line I feel like ass and yet I'm glad I do lol. Not going to type much besides that since I really don't have it in me right now. Tomorrow will hopefully be just as good

Workout mood:
    Over all I was in a great mood and I was really focused as far as everything goes I had no real problems. Sorry for the short post but it happens.

Cliffs:
    - Day 18 of stack (day 10 was my off day)
    - I feel like ass because I pushed myself so hard at the gym (feels good I guess )
    - Over all great workout
    - Hopefully I will have more energy to go in-depth about my workout
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Friday, April 23

Day 19: Pull-size

Workout notes:
    Well I know I'm late again, lol but I had a great workout and needed to do a little recovering over the weekend, which meant little to no computer time and more or less concentrating on my school stuff. That said I had a killer workout Friday and while this is what 3 days late I still think that I did a great job over all. I don't have too much I really want to say about my workout so far my diet is going well and I can't really complain about anything new. No pains or anything and as far as my stack goes it's been nice. I cannot say it enough but the assault tastes great! Recon I’m still working with but it's not all bad it just leaves a weird after taste and I've basically made it my mission to figure out what flavor the fruit punch reminds me of. It's defiantly some sort of fruit, however it is somewhat bitter which is why it has an aftertaste to it.

Battle fuel hasn't given me any problems thus far, I know I don't mention battle fuel enough but there really isn't much to talk about in the way I run my log. My libido is up a little from when I started it, muscles feel nice and firm, no real skin problems (none of the oily skin or acne some complain about) so that is nice. I'm almost on my last few servings of it, which is sad, but I think I still have enough for the whole week; however, I'm not positive on that. As far as a review for it, I'm going to reserve that for when I finish the stack because after all, it's a stack.

Workout mood:
    Great mood over all, I know I've been saying that a lot lately but it's true. No real complaints and as far as how hard I've been pushing myself in the gym it's been going really well. Mostly because of how I try and start out my weeks, usually if I have a good workout Monday it forces me to do better the next day and so on, so it is defiantly nice when things go my way in the gym like they have been.

Cliffs:
    - Day 19 of stack
    - Great workout, Assault is awesome (taste is amazing)
    - Battle fuel although haven't been mentioned much is a very nice addition!
    - Libido is up, no oily skin or acne.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Monday, April 26

Day 22: Push-strength

Workout notes:
    A few things I should probably note for this week are that I am thinking of changing my workout up a little bit, right now. I don't have a dedicated leg day and while it’s nice to get a chance to work legs twice a week; I think it would be important to be able to hit them even harder with a day just for them. That said I've been playing around with what I've been doing a little but not by much. Just to get a little different vibe going for my workout since I'm sort of trying to recomp a little bit so today’s’ workout was nice I got really sweaty and over all it was a great success. I don't know if I really want to change anything yet but I will keep everyone updated as I change and work things. I really like how everything in the stack works together and it is very sad and unfortunate that I must report I took my last dose of Battle fuel today. So with that, it was great and I don't know what else to say about it. I will be interested in seeing how the rest of the stack holds up without it though.

Workout mood:
    So like I said in my last post I like to start Monday off nice and hard that way I can push even harder throughout the week today I was super excited about being in the gym today and Assault really gave me the energy to power through my workout today. With some luck and hard work the rest of the week will go just as well as today’s workout went!

Cliffs:
    - Day 22 so far
    - Started the week off great
    - Last day on Battle fuel
    - Can't wait to see how the stack works without battle fuel
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Tuesday, April 27

Day 23: Pull-strength

Workout notes:
    Okay, where to start lol. It has been a rough day today (Wednesday) which didn't help getting my post up for Tuesdays workout not to mention yesterday night after my workout. So not to complain but I've been busy, never the less I have a commitment to you guys and I am going to update as regularly as I can. So without further ado I will continue to talk workout.

First off I have not been sleeping so well the past few nights, could be anything but I think it is just the stress of life. My workout however has been going great and I have not let it affect me in the least that I have other commitments; when I am in the gym it’s all business. Tuesdays workout was exceptional in that I got through everything I planned on hitting and I have managed to keep my weights nice and high even with my cut portion of the 'recomp' that I am doing.

Workout mood:
    Coming into my workout, I was a little tired and while that does not make for the best time to work out it's what I had to work with. Assault woke me up some and kind of took the edge off (as far as wanting to pass out goes at least) which was nice coming into my workout. As far as mood over all goes, I was fairly happy with myself and the progress I have been making so mood was as good as it could be. With that though I think I'm going to wrap it up, so happy lifting guys and as always thanks for reading!

Cliffs:
    - Day 23 so far so good!
    - Haven't been sleeping well the past couple of nights
    - Workout unaffected Assault helps since it contains a stimulant
    - Felt pretty good going into my workout and really knocked it out, over all it was nice
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Thursday, April 29

Day 25: Push-size

Workout notes:
    First off, again sorry for the slow updates but with school and what not (midterms) I've been super busy. However, I am here now so I can update the last two days of the week. Where to start, I have for sure noticed a difference in my workouts since stopping battle fuel which is a shame. Although it's been a busy week, I think my workouts are progressing nicely and I will have before and after photos as soon as I am finished with the stack and my review of everything all at the same time. Nothing else really to add for my Thursday workout other than next week should be another great workout!

Workout mood:
    Not much to say really I've been so busy that I really need to focus on my workouts when I'm in the gym to get out on time for other classes. Which I've been managing to do so really it's been a great week and an awesome stack so far!

Cliffs:
    - Day 25 of stack (sweet)
    - Full review of all products coming at the end
    - Midterms keeping me busy, but here I am!
    - I've noticed a difference in workout since stopping battle fuel
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Friday, April 30

Day 26: Pull-size

Workout notes:
    So far, Assault and Recon have proven to be great on their own, my workouts have been exceptional, recovery has been good overall and really, I have not had any problems. That said though, I really want to see what more than one serving will do for me (after all I am a fairly big guy). So starting next week I think I'm going to up my servings my 1/2 for the first two days of my workouts and by 1 (so 2 scoops total) for my third and fourth workout days so I can see if there is a 'sweet spot' for me elsewhere. So really next week should lead to some interesting workouts and I look forward to seeing if less is more or if really more is more. This week in general has been great and I look forward to seeing what else Recon and Assault has to offer.

Workout mood:
    Friday’s workouts are usually good only because it means the weekend is here. Friday for me this time however, was not really the case. I was in one of those moods where I could not get my head into it. The kind where all the music on your IPod just doesn't sound like something you want to listen to while you lift. Nevertheless, after a few minutes of searching through my IPod and really trying to focus I found my footing and really got into it, leading to a rather great workout in general.

Cliffs:
    - Day 26 of stack
    - I’m going to up Recon/Assault by 1/2 scoop the first two workouts
    - Then up it by 1 scoop the last two to see if it has any affect on how I feel/recover
    - Next week should therefore lead to some interesting workouts at the very least!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Monday, May 03

Day 29: Push-strength

Workout notes:
    Wow, it seems like only yesterday that I was starting this stack and to think I am almost done with it. The value of it seems amazing since I work out 4 times a week and I still have some left. Today I decided to change my dosing schedule and go with two scoops of each Recon and Assault. I was worried that because I took 2 scoops of the Assault it would mix like ass since I always have trouble mixing it (not a big deal so whatever) anyway it turns out it mixed better with the two scoops than it did with the one (I don't get it but whatever). I plan to do two scoops tomorrow, then cut back to 1/2 scoop for Thursday and Friday. Over all I did notice a slight difference, of course since you are taking more caffeine and what not. Recovery should be nice since I doubled up on the Recon too. I will update about that in tomorrow’s log and on Thursday in case DOMS kicks in or something.

Workout mood:
    I really have enjoyed the one scoop of Assault, really enjoyed it. Two scoops though is seriously twice as nice. I kind of wish my shaker was a little bit bigger to accommodate all that (its only about 16 oz.) but the flavor was really strong and somewhat nice actually. Recon's flavor still vexes me and I don't think I will be able to figure out what the taste reminds me of by the time I finish my log. Nevertheless, over all my mood has been great and it helped that I got that extra oomph from the two scoops of Assault. I recommend trying it at least once if you haven't already.

Cliffs:
    - Day 29 Already!
    - Took two scoops of Assault/Recon and going to cut back to the 1 1/2 scoops Thurs/Fri
    - Really enjoyed the 2 scoops I recommend at least trying it once if you haven't
    - Great workout since I had twice the Assault to wake me up and keep me going
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Tuesday, May 04

Day 30: Pull-strength

Workout notes:
    I really need to apologize to you guys since this is a week over due, I've been having a lot of personal things going on that limited my time on line to write the in depth reports that I'm used to doing so I'm going to make the next three days of updates a little shorter than I normally do. The catch for all of this is that I just finished the stack Friday (Finished the Assault so I'm down to 2-3 servings of Recon); I'll be posting before and after photos this weekend? Along with updated measurements (woo) since I'm going to take the time to dig though my workout notes and update my log today. After I post my before and after shots/measurements I'll go ahead and write up my final review for the stack.

As for Tuesday’s workout, what can I say about it really that I haven't said about my workouts since starting this log. They have been consistently great and I've been very lucky to find more than enough time to get into the gym and just push myself as hard as I could. Over all I've been exhausted and if it wasn't for the pre-workout I'm sure I would be suffering right now since I'm pushing myself as hard as I can. That said I think that's all I really want to say about my workout for the day.

Workout mood:
    I was still taking the two scoops of Assault pre-workout which has me sold on it, it’s a great blend of preworkout goodies and caffeine (obviously) which gives me just enough to get through the workout but not so much that I crash afterwards. I really really hate caffeine crashes more than anything, next to caffeine withdrawals of course lol. Walking into my workout for Tuesday I was focused and didn't have a ton of energy but enough and again Assault made sure that I got through it all.

Cliffs:
    - Day 30 Sweet
    - Took two scoops of Assault/Recon again for this workout
    - Personal issues kept me from updating log, final review pre/post pics coming along with measurements
    - Again sorry about the late(er) than usual updates but life sucks sometimes.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Thursday, May 06

Day 32: Push-size

Workout notes:
    So here is the second to last day of using Assault, I hate to say this but the 2 scoops of it were treating me so well that I finished it off by using two scoops Thursday and 2 scoops Friday. That way I did not run over an extra 2 days into the next week and could get a full week’s worth of log up.

Over all no real complaints just the same old complaints that I have been having just the mixing issues with the Assault and the taste thing with the Recon. Other than those two things it's been all great, no complaints about the stack and the weight I've been pushing hasn't gone up but I've been pushing the same weight longer if that makes sense at all.

Workout mood:
    Thursday was a good day for me I did not have too much on my mind when I finally got into the gym. I try to plan my gym time around my schedule which sad to say has been packed as of late since we are winding down with school (okay well 4 weeks left). Really, time is the only thing that has been on my mind when I go into the gym so I push myself hard to get out of there as quick as I can.

Cliffs:
    - Day 32 of the stack
    - Full review of all products coming this weekend (these updates are for last week unfortunately)
    - Here I am updating just for you guys, no new complaints about the stack
    - Pushing the same weight for more reps now, took two scoops of Assault to finish it off this week
    Last edited by IronAlex; 05-11-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Friday, May 07

Day 33: Pull-size

Workout notes:
    Well it's hard to say this but it's over the stack has been broken up. As of Friday I had about 3-4 servings of Recon left. This will be my last update until my before and after photos this weekend. It was a great stack and the taste of Assault was amazing, I'm not sure if I'm going to use the whole stack again but Assault will be part of my pre-workout supplements for sure. Recon's taste I'm sorry to say but I could not get used to it, it was not bad so much as different. I think it was a mango taste or something, in any case the second they come out with a different flavor of Recon that might be added to my stack as well. Battle fuel was an interesting addition over all for the stack and I think it really made the stack as great as it was, even after I stopped the results snowballed which was motivating to say the least.

Over all my workout was okay, I was exhausted and had a busy week (obviously, since I am updating almost a week later). I cannot say anything bad about the workout over all but I do think that it could have been better. I don't honestly think that Assault or any other preworkout supplement could have helped with that though.

Workout mood:
    I cannot really describe the kind of mood I was in when I was working out. The catch was that I didn't have a whole lot of time and I really have been stressing about school. In any case I really don't want to dump all my emotional baggage into my thread since that's not who I am. lol Over all it was a great stack and an even better opportunity to use some Muscle Pharm products which sad to say I've never actually done before this. As always thanks for reading and happy lifting.

Cliffs:
    - Day 33 of stack
    - Last day of Assault and end of my log
    - Before/After photos coming this weekend along with measurement changes
    - Final review coming this weekend as well, Thanks for following guys!
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good detail brotha...not sure the skipping of some days, but everything looks solid! Thanks for the feedback and lookin forward to some pics!
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

Originally Posted by little rambo View Post
    Good detail brotha...not sure the skipping of some days, but everything looks solid! Thanks for the feedback and lookin forward to some pics!
    Thanks! Im confused on the skipping some days part? I usually workout mon, tues, thurs, fri so if you are talking about wednesday I usually don't workout that day. And if you are talking about the late updates, yeah I'm really sorry about that but at least I got all the information out there, I log all this stuff on paper anyway for my own use so it isn't too hard to turn around and type it on here when I have the time. Other than that I'm fairly sure I wrote down every workout from start of stack to finish.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

My bad haha I can't believe I didn't pick up on the Wednesday off day

Originally Posted by little rambo View Post
    My bad haha I can't believe I didn't pick up on the Wednesday off day
    lol no biggie I should've explained it better in my first posts Thanks for following in anycase I really enjoyed the products and I see why you use them too.
    USMC
    ★cVc★
    Semper Fit

Originally Posted by IronAlex View Post
    lol no biggie I should've explained it better in my first posts Thanks for following in anycase I really enjoyed the products and I see why you use them too.
    You had a hell of a log man so thanks for the honest feedback!