jsgksu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique My Diet Please?...

Little back story. I'm 26, 5'10" and ~160lbs. I used to weigh ~215 about 5 years ago due to college life of eating fast food and drinking everyday. Cleaned up my diet and started running and lost a good portion of weight over a summer and have kept it off, and continued to lose since then. I got down to 160 recently and have had a few friends tell me I look too skinny. I was under the mindset for a while that I had to lose my belly/extra weight before it was time to focus on lifting and putting on muscle, as opposed to just lifting and working out and turning the fat into muscle. So I changed my diet around and my exercise habits (started lifting in addition to cardio) and wanted some advice to make sure I'm eating good. I'm not trying to be 200lbs of muscle, I'd like to be around 180 with single digit body fat, preferrably (I tested recently with a handheld and it said 16.5% bf) Basically just want to look good on the beach, defined, but not like a crazy body builder type body. So...

07:30AM Fruit Smoothie - About 1 cup of mixed fruit, plain oatmeal, flaxseed, skim milk, nonfat yogurt, peanut butter, one scoop (11G) whey protein. And also a hard boiled egg, half yolk.
    10:30AM Cheese stick, hand full of almonds, instant oatmeal.
    12:30AM Whey Protein shake (22g protein) with water
    01:00PM Workout - M/W/F Abs and full body circuit training T/Th/Sa - Running 4+ miles
    02:00PM Tuna salad on a wheat tortilla with spinach
    03:30PM Broccoli and carrots
    05:30PM Nonfat yogurt with flaxseed and dried cranberries
    08:00PM 1/4lb chicken breast on a large bed of spinach with a side of mixed vegetables and a glass of skim milk
    10:30PM Celery with peanut butter and a whey protein shake (11G protein) with skim milk

I made a post similar to this in the workout thread, but that was more asking if I had a good workout plan. I do the full body circuit most of the time, but sometimes I'll take a week and break M/W/F into separate body parts (Chest & back, Biceps & Shoulders, etc) basically I adopted the Abs Diet Workout as well as P90X to form my own plan, and I still love to run so I think the workout function is fine. I just want to make sure I'm getting enough protein, good carbs, etc. so that my working out is being fueled appropriately. Also, I take a multivitamin every morning. And Saturdays are usually my day to have my cheat meal, followed with a night out at the bars, but I need a day to let loose.

Thoughts on that diet?

Anyone?

Just looking for a little feedback.

Gonna start doing Insanity after work I think, I just can't lose any of this belly fat and it's driving me crazy!

lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's good for us to see your diet, so if you need tweak, we can make suggestions, but really the nutrition forum needs to see your macros.

How many calories are you eating in a day? How many grams of protein, fat, and carbs?

What are your goals? At 5'10 160lbs, I'd anticipate you'd like to bulk, but I can't be sure.

At your age height and weight, you need to eat 2400-2500 to maintain your weight. Add/subtract ~500/day to bulk/cut respectively.
    Last edited by lod254; 03-15-2010 at 07:34 AM.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get carbs before lifting, and count calories.

I'll check the calories and all the information later when I'm home and post back here.

I'm trying to bulk up a little, I wouldn't want to be more than like 180 lbs, but I'm at like 16% bf and definitely want to cut that down significantly, get to single digits and lose the belly. So I confuse myself as to whether I should be cutting calories to lose the weight, or adding calories to build muscle.