anidtologin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Lose fat on the legs!

Hi all,

I am about 5'8"ish, at a BF of between 25 and 30 (194 lbs). Losing fat being a priority, I am currently on a tight just-about-maintenance diet and have the following questions to ask:

a. Am going heavy on squats, and I intend to go lean and muscular in the long run. Are both ideas in the same sentence a contradiction? In other words, Whats the effect of going for Short reps (2-4) on heavy weights on squats. Mind you, heavy is something relative. So it might amuse you to know that what's heavy for me, is warm up for you maestros :P

My chaste intention behind this is to increase testosterone to improve the lean muscle mass growth and in turn help more fat burn.

b. Would this increase my legs size considerably to the point where it looks like one of those huge, muscular guys on the covers of BB magazines? I want more cut, definition but incredible strength for my given weight. Thats my ideal.

I am primarily big on legs since I am used to a lot of free weight body squats over the years. Is there a specific exercise that specifically works on cutting down fat on the legs so the muscles can see some light?

P.S: Sorry in advance if this post finds itself in the wrong thread or forum section. I would be happy to take a hit, go back and stand in line :-)

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fat is lost everywhere on a cut. To lose fat on the legs, you must reign in your eating and limit calories. There is no such thing as 'spot' targeting for fat loss.

What gender are you? I assume male? You're not going to get huge any time soon. The guys on the covers of magazines are all using illegal substances, so you'll never look like them anyway. Best you can do is eat clean and lift heavy, and expect your transformation to take years.
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You cannot spot reduce. Fat loss happens overall, generally it starts at the extremities and works its way inward.

AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dulac is correct, cutting comes from a clean balanced diet and creating a calorie deficit. And you cannot spot reduce body fat!

To answer your question going heavy and training intensely is an excellent strategy for the reasons you stated, and others. Boosting testosterone levels and increasing lean muscle tissue in combination with the correct dietary system is the key to fat loss.

Heavy squating, lunging, deadlifting and leg pressing are all great compound movements for targeting the lower body and stimulating as much muscle tissue as possible, BUT you cannot spot reduce body fat! Fat loss will come from the things mentioned above and you will lose the fat from wherever it is stored, all over, if you store it more in some places and lose it quicker or slower in certain areas that is merely your genetic tendencies.

Keep sqauting heavy my man and check the diet!

All the best

Adam
    Get a Free video course on fat loss and boosting metabolism at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

Smile

Originally Posted by DuLac View Post
    Fat is lost everywhere on a cut. To lose fat on the legs, you must reign in your eating and limit calories. There is no such thing as 'spot' targeting for fat loss.

What gender are you? I assume male? You're not going to get huge any time soon. The guys on the covers of magazines are all using illegal substances, so you'll never look like them anyway. Best you can do is eat clean and lift heavy, and expect your transformation to take years.
    Male. 28.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Do I take it to mean that my going heavy with weights (as far as I can handle them with proper form) is alright and that it will only help my fat loss? and towards preserving whateva bit of lean muscle mass I got?

Wink

Originally Posted by AdamRingshall View Post
    Dulac is correct, cutting comes from a clean balanced diet and creating a calorie deficit. And you cannot spot reduce body fat!

To answer your question going heavy and training intensely is an excellent strategy for the reasons you stated, and others. Boosting testosterone levels and increasing lean muscle tissue in combination with the correct dietary system is the key to fat loss.

Heavy squating, lunging, deadlifting and leg pressing are all great compound movements for targeting the lower body and stimulating as much muscle tissue as possible, BUT you cannot spot reduce body fat! Fat loss will come from the things mentioned above and you will lose the fat from wherever it is stored, all over, if you store it more in some places and lose it quicker or slower in certain areas that is merely your genetic tendencies.

Keep sqauting heavy my man and check the diet!

All the best

Adam
    Thanks Adam.

I think you more than answered my question. Didnt see your post as I was self-obsessed responding to the earlier ones.

Hope to keep going slow and end up making personal milestones on the way along.

bikini_babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anidtologin View Post
    Thanks Adam.

I think you more than answered my question. Didnt see your post as I was self-obsessed responding to the earlier ones.

Hope to keep going slow and end up making personal milestones on the way along.
    as a chick-with naturally big legs, the only time my legs ever "leaned out" was the cardio of choice was running(10 miles a day) the diet was lean-I was 23 and still had good ACL's, otherwise I tend to have bulkier legs. I dropped the dude who was intent on me being skinny and went with the dude who thought healthy involved squats and dead lifts, my legs are much happier!

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, your thoughts are correct. Lift heavy, lift for strength. Eat a deficit. You will be lean and strong. It's the way I do it, and I love it.

Fat will come off of your body overall as you continue to train and eat at a caloric deficit. Legs will take a bit to lean out, generally around the same point as you see visible abs [12-15% on most individuals.] Tanning helps a lot. I squat about 550, and have great definition, but its really hard to see unless you give your legs some color.

Good luck, lift heavy!
    Last edited by FunAndSun; 03-03-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

Cool

Originally Posted by bikini_babe View Post
    as a chick-with naturally big legs, the only time my legs ever "leaned out" was the cardio of choice was running(10 miles a day) the diet was lean-I was 23 and still had good ACL's, otherwise I tend to have bulkier legs. I dropped the dude who was intent on me being skinny and went with the dude who thought healthy involved squats and dead lifts, my legs are much happier!
    Great.

It just so happens, I love running. Except that my posture is bad and am working on it. Eva' heard of someone who complains of lower back pain after running hard? ..... well, that's me! Talk of an amusement park in the gym .... but I hope to be less of a distraction as I keep learning.

I have adopted the High Intensity Interval Training for running ..... one minute of running hard (80-90% of Max Rate) and then one minute of walking (read gawking at hot chicks) ... and alternating so on so forth. Gives me a great burn ......

Talking

Originally Posted by FunAndSun View Post
    Yes, your thoughts are correct. Lift heavy, lift for strength. Eat a deficit. You will be lean and strong. It's the way I do it, and I love it.

Fat will come off of your body overall as you continue to train and eat at a caloric deficit. Legs will take a bit to lean out, generally around the same point as you see visible abs [12-15% on most individuals.] Tanning helps a lot. I squat about 550, and have great definition, but its really hard to see unless you give your legs some color.

Good luck, lift heavy!
    Great.

I am always on to researching things I dont understand .... and then cometh the time for implementation, and those little nagging doubts you have .... well, thanks for the assurance.

I just dont want to look like an interesting experiment and kids sayin "Papa luk whats comin" and all .... long term

:P