stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crockpot Timesaver yummy chicken, spaghetti squash and more..

Hi all,
    I was very tired today and could not bear the thought of making dinner this evening. I had a bunch of chicken breasts that I had marinated in some olive oil over night. I chucked them in my crockpot with one can of Trader Joe's Tomato Sauce, 1 cup chicken broth and some oregano and put them on an 8 hour slow cook. Then I put rice in my rice cooker and timed it to 4:30pm so the kids can dive into it before I get home. I left the office for the gym and finished my Back+Ab workout and arrived home at 6:00pm to a house smelling of great cooking and dinner instantly ready for 5 hungry kids and a hungry post work out Mom! It turned out to be a great meal with virtually no cleanup! Put rice on their plate and poured the chicken breast with the great tomato sauce on top. Was very yummy and they lapped it up.

For any busy Mom a rice cooker is simply a must, not to mention a crockpot! I got very turned off by crock pots because all the convetional recipes are yucky sodium rich fat soups but there are a few alternatives that are fine to substitute as a flavorful liquid such as:
    Low sodium chicken broth, tomato sauce, salsa, cans of diced tomatoes and healthy soups. I was also thinking of trying some lite coconut milk. The good thing is that the cheaper and leaner cuts of meat come out best from slow cooking. Chicken breasts and chicken thighs are also very soft and moist. The cooker retains a lot of "sauce" to pour on your whole grains as well. You can also cook a smaller spaghetti squash in the crock pot.
    They are very low in calories and very filling. Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker. Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer, add to Crock Pot, cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours and enjoy!
    Check out my Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121794731
    Stush read as Stoosh

runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like that would be delicious!

I have never heard of marinating in olive oil...do you do this a lot? Besides adding flavor/healthy fat to chicken any other benefits?
    "I can feel the wind go by when I run.
    It feels good. It feels fast."

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121848731
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106870791

EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never would have thought putting a squash in there, that's a great idea. I find squash a pain sometimes so I tend not to buy it even though its low cal and very healthy.
    I use my slow cooker a lot for making bean/grain/veg+meat soups for my hubby to take to work as it makes a complete protein and a lot healthier then campbells. Just throw whatever I have on hand in there.
    I also cook up big chunks of tough cuts of beef in there and shred it and use it in sandwhiches or whatever. the tougher cuts tend to be leaner too..
    I also put beans in there and cook them over night since I hate soaking beans I find I dont have to if I put them on the low setting they come out all nice and hold their shape.

fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always use the slow cooker to make my meals! I throw the frozen chicken and chicken broth in with some onions and it cooks over night! How ever, there's a lot of fat attached to the breasts that i have to scrape off the next day... does this happen to you? Since the meat is frozen, i can't cut the fat off before putting it in there! Anyway, I'm gonna try your recipe with the tomato sauce! Sounds yummy!
    http://www.fitnfabyou.com/

In blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it...

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam

stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Just tried a second recipe today with diced tomato and salsa

Originally Posted by fery321 View Post
    I always use the slow cooker to make my meals! I throw the frozen chicken and chicken broth in with some onions and it cooks over night! How ever, there's a lot of fat attached to the breasts that i have to scrape off the next day... does this happen to you? Since the meat is frozen, i can't cut the fat off before putting it in there! Anyway, I'm gonna try your recipe with the tomato sauce! Sounds yummy!
    Today I slow cooked skinless boneless chicken thighs with chicken breasts + 1 tomato paste small can + peach salsa+can diced tomato. Yesterday's was much yummier and simpler. So I highly recommend:

Chicken breasts cut up about 1 - 1.5 pounds
    1 Trader Joes can of tomato sauce
    1 cup chicken broth
    0.75 cup water
    oregano
    8 hours
    on rice
    perfect!!!
    Check out my Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121794731
    Stush read as Stoosh

fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stush View Post
    Today I slow cooked skinless boneless chicken thighs with chicken breasts + 1 tomato paste small can + peach salsa+can diced tomato. Yesterday's was much yummier and simpler. So I highly recommend:

Chicken breasts cut up about 1 - 1.5 pounds
    1 Trader Joes can of tomato sauce
    1 cup chicken broth
    0.75 cup water
    oregano
    8 hours
    on rice
    perfect!!!
    Thanks girl! I was starting to get real tired of my honey BBQ sauce! lol
    http://www.fitnfabyou.com/

In blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it...

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam