Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoes to Wear at the gym?

Are these shoes good to wear at the gym, I've been looking for good training shoes for weight lifting.

underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/mens/footwear/pid1203830-Men-s-UA-Proto-Speed-III-Trainer/1203830-101#

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    running shoes != weight lifting shoes

you want something like chuck taylors or wrestling shoes. Shoes with very little cushioning, as cushioning makes your feet unstable while lifting.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shoe Answer

-Chucks
    -Wrestling shoes
    -Designed weightlifting shoes
    -Workboots
    -About any shoe with a flat/hard sole
    -Barefoot

-Nothing with cushion
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I work out barefoot now, mostly. I checked with the gym owner and he was fine with it. He's a good guy, always agrees with me (He lets me scream, drop weights from overhead, and listen to NPR and Phillip Glass over the gym sound system too).

Otherwise it's Dowins.

vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pick shoes that are comfortable to YOUR feet.

For me personally I can lift a lot more in running shoes or high top sketcher boots than I can in barefeet. Plus my Gym says no barefeet (can't even sneak it-LOL).

If you are planning on doing cardio get a nice pair of Jogging shoes like Nike running shoes because on the treadmill the weightlifting shoes are kind of like flipflops in sock and don't give you much running support.

I train hard and really can't say shoes make any difference in muscle building. I would say, just get shoes that feel good on your feet, or that you think look cool to the chicks if chicks are in your gym.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by vegas_dude View Post
    Pick shoes that are comfortable to YOUR feet.

For me personally I can lift a lot more in running shoes or high top sketcher boots than I can in barefeet. Plus my Gym says no barefeet (can't even sneak it-LOL).

If you are planning on doing cardio get a nice pair of Jogging shoes like Nike running shoes because on the treadmill the weightlifting shoes are kind of like flipflops in sock and don't give you much running support.

I train hard and really can't say shoes make any difference in muscle building. I would say, just get shoes that feel good on your feet, or that you think look cool to the chicks if chicks are in your gym.
    No, you should not lift in running shoes! They are spongy and can cause your foot to roll when squatting or deadlifting, and that would be BAD. You can always bring a different pair of shoes to the gym to run in. See Keetman's post again for what type of shoes are best suited for lifting.

phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillan1nja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mocks on anything but leg day. Then for legs I wear vans the low ones with flat soles.

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do shoes really matter that much? And why? I've tried barefoot, flat vans, steal toe boots (works by red wing similar to trail sneakers) and running shoes (mainly what I wear everyday). I never really noticed any difference doing squats, leg press or deadlifts. Other than be careful not to stub your toe when you are barefoot. So, what difference should I be looking for or is it a safety thing?

SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SenkoSnack808 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    chucks or barefoot
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. Arnold

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Do shoes really matter that much? And why? I've tried barefoot, flat vans, steal toe boots (works by red wing similar to trail sneakers) and running shoes (mainly what I wear everyday). I never really noticed any difference doing squats, leg press or deadlifts. Other than be careful not to stub your toe when you are barefoot. So, what difference should I be looking for or is it a safety thing?

Take another look at post #6. I don't know at what level you're lifting now, but when you get to the point where you're training very heavy, even a slight shift in foot/ankle positioning due to a soft-soled "running" shoe can mean the difference in either a missed lift, or worse, an injury.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Saw that one, but never had it happen. Just wanted slightly more detail I guess.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Saw that one, but never had it happen. Just wanted slightly more detail I guess.

I'm no expert wolf, I got the idea from here and I think from "Starting Strength"....point is I read it somewhere, not gonna lie. But I used to pretty much always work out in workboots or running shoes. The more I read and the heavier I started lifting last year, I started to move to wrestling shoes then I started to barefoot deadlift.

The concept is as Will states, the more cushion, the more your foot (and so your whole body) can move or float. The flatter/harder sole provides the stablest of bases to perform the exercise. I can't tell you if this is scientifically proven or not, but even in my head it sounds credible. What I found when I lifted is that I got a firm plant in my feet and I believe I lifted a little more. 5%, 10%, or whatever....I don't know, but I lifted a bit more and if seemed to be more comfortable lifting....which is where I think the difference is as its not like lifting like that made me stronger.

Now I put the wrestling shoes on for squating and take em off when I dead lift. Never quite felt comfortable squating barefoot, not sure why.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thanks guys. It kind of makes since. I know the running shoes shift easier. I appreciate the help. I don't want to go in a gym barefoot ever again.

NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000)

This right here.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Vibram Fivefingers.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. biggerthanlavar's Avatar
    biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're just lifting weights and you're doing lifts where you are standing, then like everyone else says, you want as little cushioning as possible. I wear and old pair of indoor soccer shoes. they're like socks lol. Either that or barefoot when I deadlift.
    Obsessed is a word used often by the lazy, in order to describe the dedicated.

Working to get sub 10% BF for the first time in my life!!!

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushIt2287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)