TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

Chest sore from chin-ups

Nothing new, i do them every monday. I did not work chest prior. My chest became sore from chin-ups, I've never really had this happen before. Both of my pecs are sore, not just the upper part. Hmm is supposed to happen?
    Last edited by TheBroBrah; 03-01-2010 at 09:31 PM.

hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000)
    in for answer; i had this happen doing chin pull-downs...not sure what the answer is, but maybe if you do 'em wrong and sort of lean back, your chest pulls instead of pushing? but i thought dem dere lats did that, so i dunno lol!

ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10) ackranome is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hmm...

I thought chin ups were back muscles work outs.

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Nothing new, i do them every monday. I did not work chest prior. My chest became sore from chin-ups, I've never really had this happen before. Both of my pecs are sore, not just the upper part. Hmm is supposed to happen?
    You very well could have been flexing your chest when you were forcing reps. All I can think of.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hardcore.Lifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    well you could say that chinups have somewhat the same ROM as dumbbell pullovers, which also work chest. a bit.

so maybe your body isnt used to the kinda ROM that DB pullovers provide, so it gets sore from chins cause maybe you shocked em? i dunno. broscience here

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hardcore.Lifter View Post
    well you could say that chinups have somewhat the same ROM as dumbbell pullovers, which also work chest. a bit.

so maybe your body isnt used to the kinda ROM that DB pullovers provide, so it gets sore from chins cause maybe you shocked em? i dunno. broscience here
    That's the thing though, i do chin-ups every week, and it's never done this.

MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetallicaGTRST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You were probably doing close grip, and your chest has to keep pressure on your elbows to keep them close grip. You had to have done something different because you wouldn't have gotten sore unless it was from something else non-lifting related.

I can see being sore in your chest, maybe, if you were new to chins and then just went all out with them.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Originally Posted by hiimzac View Post
    in for answer; i had this happen doing chin pull-downs...not sure what the answer is, but maybe if you do 'em wrong and sort of lean back, your chest pulls instead of pushing? but i thought dem dere lats did that, so i dunno lol!
    Originally Posted by ackranome View Post
    hmm...

I thought chin ups were back muscles work outs.
    Chin ups are a back exercise, your lats are obvesiouly the target muscle group in the exercise, but your pectorials are infact used as an synergist muscle (A muscle that assists another muscle to accomplish a movement.) so no matter what your pecs will always be somewhat involved in this exercise, obvesiouly due to your form/technique/ROM/grip/etc.. the activation of your pecs during a chin up will differ, they way you performed your chin ups that given day probally resulted in quite alot of pectorial activation, and it was something new which may have shocked your pecs somewhat thats why you experienced a slight case of DOMS in your chest even when you diddnt infact train it difectly..