Page 124 of 275 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 8230
    Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's good to see your latest pic as it confirms you're on the right track. You're looking meaty everywhere! The cut will bring out the quads and everything else of course.

I think you have done a brilliant job to get your shoulders working the way they do. I feel though that the loss of stability caused by greater mobility is not something that can be fixed. Sorry for being so negative. My right shoulder has improved somewhat but remains sensitive to certain movements, like the Low Rows, Chest Press and One Arm DB Pullups. It is what it is! I agree though, you should watch that you don't hurry the wearing/tearing along.

Looking forward to your Deadlift write-up

Official Agent of Swole™ jeezyreezy's Avatar
    jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You got a lot work in for 75 minutes. Nicely done

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    What happens if you tense the bicep in those positions?
    Good question!
    Unfortunately, my LHBs tendons don't cross the GH joint since I've had the tenodeses. I feel that this is the biggest reason that I'm lacking anterior stability --- when I had IS and SS tears but still hd intact LHBs I was still able to bench and never had the clicking.......combine the two on both shoulders and that stability is gone!

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Truly LOL'd (for several seconds) on this!

This is some quality work here! Regarding the stretching, would there be any benefit using a TRX type suspension system and using a portion of your bodyweight in certain planes to stretch your shoulder? I have a friend at work who feels as if he gets a lot of (back) relief by stretching on a TRX system.
    I do like the TRX and I use it when I have my 'core' session, but the best thing for improving my shoulder mobility has been putting that squatting with that oly bar
    TRX work like flyes/reverse flyes/chest pressing and rows is great for upper body stability and strength. I like using the rings as well!

Originally Posted by hardNheavy2011 View Post
    I find being OCD helpful too! Right now I'm searching for info on how to improve my leverages....I honestly can't stop looking for ways to improve even though I know I'm never going to be the #1 lifter in the country. haha
    It's all about having an inquiring mind and the search for continuous improvement

Thanks. I've been down to fairly low bodyfat levels before. I was actually pretty lean at 250lbs. I just made a life change at that time so I never realized any potential from those days. I'd say I'd need be in the 185lb range if I was going to compete now ....heck maybe even lower. :/ Yeah, probably lower. lol
    Lean at 250lbs --- you were a monster! You'd be huge at stage shreddedness and 180-185!

Exactly. I think the lower back does the first part of the motion too, so if you really just want to target the glutes and hams, I don't see how you'd really NEED a true GHR.

I've noticed some increase in leg too after starting the GHRs. You'd look huge with another 10lbs at the same BF level.
    I need a new one too. lol
    I'd like to be 180 @10% or 175 @8%. I think that that is achievable for me over a few years but a lot will have to go right to get there

Impressive dips!!!
    Thanks --- I'm glad to be able to dip at all but whenever I start to go deep my shoulders let me know all about it!

Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    Nice arm work Andrew. Hope you get some quality rest, it really helped with my deads today.
    Thanks Eric! I was so impressed with your deadlifts today! I'd like to think I'm chasing you, but I'm getting psyched out already

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    It's good to see your latest pic as it confirms you're on the right track. You're looking meaty everywhere! The cut will bring out the quads and everything else of course.

I think you have done a brilliant job to get your shoulders working the way they do. I feel though that the loss of stability caused by greater mobility is not something that can be fixed. Sorry for being so negative. My right shoulder has improved somewhat but remains sensitive to certain movements, like the Low Rows, Chest Press and One Arm DB Pullups. It is what it is! I agree though, you should watch that you don't hurry the wearing/tearing along.

Looking forward to your Deadlift write-up
    Thanks Louise! I feel that I've done a lot with my shoulders given the limitations, but there's always something I can do better. The instability and some pain is alwasy going to be there though

And expect a big write up tomorrow --- whether I get that 180kg lift or not

Originally Posted by jeezyreezy View Post
    You got a lot work in for 75 minutes. Nicely done
    Thanks Jeezy!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

8th November 2012

169lbs

Round 1 --- PT 'core' session

TB rolling glutes and hammies

Single legged deadlifts - cable weight 12 x 60lbs, 12 x 60lbs, 12 x 60lbs each leg

High-low cable woodchops 12, 12, 12 each side x 70lb handle on cable. Rotate and chop, high to low
    Good for obliques and abs

Plank single legged jack-knife with foot on a roller + push-ups 8, 8, 8 x each leg. Plank position, elbows on the ground, one foot on a roller board, and the other suspended - perform a jack-knife with the foot on the roller, push-ups at extension
    Abs and hip stabilisers totally activated throughout. Push-ups make it hard on the abs

TRX - alternating single armed shoulder extensions Push up position with hands in the TRX straps -- extend the shoulder alternating arms. The trick is to keep the core tight and not to rotate
    Triceps, serratus and delts hit --- good stability work

30 minutes

Round 1 for today --- the core session. It's not a good move I know, because I'll be doing my deadlift session with the other PT in the afternoon.
    I was a bit annoyed this morning......firstly the session is for 30 minutes, so the trainer tells me would I mind waiting while he gets himself a shake. 3 minutes later he's back saying he's got a bust morning and needed some nutrition. 27 minutes left....then he tells me about this new programme he's written......fine but he's not training me. I probably got 20 minutes of his time and I felt really underdone. The bummer as well was that something 'pinged' in my right lower back while I was doing the jackknives

Round 2 today is the one that matters - the PL session
    I'm supposed to be going for a 180kh deadlift today, but I've already got a demon sitting on my shoulder telling me I'm going to fail!

I'll be reporting back in a few hours!

Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In for 180kg Deadlift

Video Pweese :}
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know I am late but if you get your head clear I think you could pull more than the 180kg's myself. I know how those demons are though, they have plagued me for the past few weeks. Hopefully the last couple of days sent them away for awhile. Good luck, I know it will be a strong session either way.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would have been upset too with all that fuff'n about..say something Andrew. You're paying for 30min training, the shake could have waited. Poor form imho.

The pinch doesn't sound good, hopefully the lower back is ok.

Originally Posted by lllDBOlll View Post
    In for 180kg Deadlift

Video Pweese :}
    Thanks Danny!
    I got it and I'm waiting for him to post me the vid
    It wasn't pretty though but it didn't feel too heavy either!

I know I am late but if you get your head clear I think you could pull more than the 180kg's myself. I know how those demons are though, they have plagued me for the past few weeks. Hopefully the last couple of days sent them away for awhile. Good luck, I know it will be a strong session either way.
    Thanks Eric! It's easy to psyche myself out of it but it's great to have him there egging me on!

I would have been upset too with all that fuff'n about..say something Andrew. You're paying for 30min training, the shake could have waited. Poor form imho.
    And this is really expensive --- I just paid for 12 x 30 minutes sessions at $63 per session
    I like the trainer and I get a lot of benefit out of the core work but I expect to get my 30 minutes worth!
    I'm too nice to give him a hard time, but if it happens again I'll say something
    I'm such a pussy

The pinch doesn't sound good, hopefully the lower back is ok.
    Yeah....I could feel the SI joint click out and then the muscle went into spasm!

8th November 2012

169lbs

Round 2 --- Deadlifts with the new PT

Thoracic and hip rotations

Deadlifts
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 90kg (198lbs)
    3 x 110kg (242lbs)
    1 x 150kg (330lbs)
    1 x 170kg (374lbs)
    1 x 180kg (4pps/396lbs) PR

180kg PR ...... fukyeah!

Tri-set
    Deficit deadlifts - snatch grip 4" deficit
    5, 5, 5 x 90kg (198lbs)
    Thoracic extensions on a swiss ball
    15, 15, 15
    Leg curls + glute bridges on a swiss ball
    15, 15, 15

Forward lunges
    12, 12, 12 x 60kg alternating legs
    Concentrated on back and hip control down
    Power up using the quads

Superset 45 second rest between SSs
    Overhead squats
    12, 12, 12 x 30kg (66lbs)
    Kettle bell swings
    12, 12, 12 x 32kg (70lb)
    OH squats for core stability/posture
    Swings to get the explosive hip drive for the lockout

Superset 45 second rest between SSs
    Weighted Pull-ups + 10kg weight vest
    5, 5, 5 x BW+10kg
    Step-ups to 18" box + 10kg weight vest + two 16kg kettle bells
    12, 12, 12 x 42kg (92lbs)
    Power off the ground

Thoracic rotations

Stretching glutes, hammies, lats and triceps

60 minutes

Seventh session with the new trainer!
    My lower back was really killing me on the drive so I had the tennis ball stuck into my back the whole way

The Deadlifts
    We got into the deads after the stretching. I felt my SI joint 'pop' during the hip rotations
    The lifts:
    150kg was painful. I leant forwards and lifted with my back. A spasm shot down my glute!
    170kg I concentrated on pulling up and keeping the glutes tight. No pain and he said it looked much better
    180kg I wasn't going to try for the 180kg but he said 'you've got it if you want', so I sucked it up and gave it a go!

I did everything wrong......took too long on the set up, kept my head and chest down and lifted the bar away from my knees......but it still went up!
    We looked at the vid afterwards and he said I kept my lower back solid and the lift looked strong, even though I forgot to keep my chest up.
    It looked rough but it didn't feel unreasonably heavy
    Next stop 190kg

Deficit Deads
    I used a snatch grip and stood on 4" plates. The idea was to keep a narrow stance so that I had to go deep, keep upright and keep my weight through my heels to stay balanced. They felt good and my back was fine. He was very happy with my form

The lunges
    The first set felt awkward because I was clenching my right lower back because of the strain. When I started relaxing the lower back, but thinking about the glutes and core and keeping my chest up it became 'easy' --- slow and controlled down, then power up!
    I did 3 sets x 12 reps x 60kgs

The Overhead squats
    The Overhead squats are challenging for me because of my limited external rotation. I held the bar with a snatch grip and was able to go ATG. This is a great execise for keeping tight through the whole core, hips and posterior chain --- any instability immediately throws you off balance. A great exercise for forcing me to keep my weight through my heels and drive up through the hips, keeping the torso more upright

Accessory exercises
    The swiss ball leg curls and glute bridges were to help get the feel of the 'lockout' using hip drive. My glutes and hammies were sore after this
    The 'step-ups' with a weighted vest plus the kettle bells killed me! BW + 42kg/92lbs and I was absolutely out of breath
    The kettle bell swings are to help with explosive hip drive and lock out
    Other exercises are for core and upper body strength and stability

Summary
    Today was a great day. I started off with the demons telling me I wasn't going to get it, but I got the 4plate deadlift! This has been eluding me and given everything that was against me today : lack of sleep; trained core this morning; tweaked my SI joint/lower back muscle spasm - I was very pleased with myself
    My form was sh!tty and it still didn't feel too heavy, so 190kg is the next stop. Maybe 200kg for the New Year!

Our next session is on Tuesday next week!
    Can't wait!

Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-08-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I knew you had it in you. Nice work!
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    NICE!!! DAT DERE OLD MAN STRENGTH!

I'm gunna have to deliver on my deadlift day now! Fuark!

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    great work on the deads doc!! how did you not throw another 9lbs on there!?!?!?!!?!?!

I knew you had it in you. Nice work!
    Thanks Eric! It was pretty dodgy form ---- I was 'guarding' my lower back because of the spasm. At least I can see where I was doing badly, so hopefully I will use a bit better form next time!

NICE!!! DAT DERE OLD MAN STRENGTH!

I'm gunna have to deliver on my deadlift day now! Fuark!
    Thanks Danny!

You've got 200kg easy for a single, and I'd hazard a guess that you'll get a triple on a good day!
    But don't worry.....I'm coming for you!

Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
    great work on the deads doc!! how did you not throw another 9lbs on there!?!?!?!!?!?!
    Thanks Ken! I knew you non-metric nazis would be onto me

Our wheels are 20kg/44lbs plates whereas imperial ones are 20.4kg/45lbs. It's not much but when you start stacking on the plates it adds up

The next bump will be to 185kg or 407lbs

I've still got a way to go to chase you though
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-08-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work!!!! Gratz!
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Thanks Ken! I knew you non-metric nazis would be onto me

Our wheels are 20kg/44lbs plates whereas imperial ones are 20.4kg/45lbs. It's not much but when you start stacking on the plates it adds up

The next bump will be to 185kg or 407lbs

I've still got a way to go to chase you though

I think if I go much heavier the arm will just pop-off at the shoulder!

I'm sure 407 lbs. is coming next week!

Nice work!!!! Gratz!
    Thanks CM!
    Dodgy form but at least I can see where I can improve

I think if I go much heavier the arm will just pop-off at the shoulder!
    Like the Knights who say Ni

I'm sure 407 lbs. is coming next week!
    Thanks Ken!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Like the Knights who say Ni

Thanks Ken!
    you're showing your age with that one......woops, guess I am too.

I can't even count how many times I've see all their movies, used to recite the lines word for word.
    Life of Brian cracked me up.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice deads fella, good solid low rep work right there. That 180 looked like one hell of a fight but she went down. GJ.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Thanks Danny!

You've got 200kg easy for a single, and I'd hazard a guess that you'll get a triple on a good day!
    But don't worry.....I'm coming for you!
    Yikes! I have bought 2 more 20kg plates in preperation for it (cos 4 big ones on the side looks better than 3 and 2 scabby plates)

Dunno about 200kg mate... that seems heavy!

Official Agent of Swole™ jeezyreezy's Avatar
    jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesme PR! You musta been STOKED!! Feels doesn't it? 190 will be soon!

you're showing your age with that one......woops, guess I am too.

I can't even count how many times I've see all their movies, used to recite the lines word for word.
    Life of Brian cracked me up.
    I can watch Life of Brian and the Holy Grail and still pick up jokes and sight gags that I've missed!

Of course I was thinking of the Black Knight

I was feeling like this after the 5th shoulder op

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Nice deads fella, good solid low rep work right there. That 180 looked like one hell of a fight but she went down. GJ.
    Thanks P! And the funny thing was that it didn't feel like that much of a grinder --- it was more that I got my leverages totally wrong and as I was struggling I totally forgot about squeezing the glutes and driving the hips to get the lockout! It's like I know what I should do but I can't multi-task

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Yikes! I have bought 2 more 20kg plates in preperation for it (cos 4 big ones on the side looks better than 3 and 2 scabby plates)

Dunno about 200kg mate... that seems heavy!
    Yeah 4 oly plates looks cool. I can't wait to get to do it a my regular gym and show off

Go on, that 200kg is only the 4 big plates + one 'scabby' one per side

Originally Posted by jeezyreezy View Post
    Awesme PR! You musta been STOKED!! Feels doesn't it? 190 will be soon!
    Thanks Jeezy!
    I am stoked!

And I really want 190kg because my bank manager got it a few weeks ago and I'm not going to let him beat me
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

You just want me to break my back so you can overtake me!

You just want me to break my back so you can overtake me!
    You've seen through my plan ---- I was hoping that I could beat your youth with my accumulated wisdom and cunning

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

You've seen through my plan ---- I was hoping that I could beat your youth with my accumulated wisdom and cunning
    Hehe I cottoned on when you was pushing me to load up the trap bar more!

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Round 2 --- Deadlifts with the new PT[/b][/color]
    1 x 180kg (4pps/396lbs) PR
    Dude, dude, DUDE! I knew you had it in you.

Your PT doesn't have a brother who is also a PT in the states does he Looks like whether its instruction or motivation, he's propelling your numbers higher!
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

Hehe I cottoned on when you was pushing me to load up the trap bar more!
    Damn.......my plot is foiled!

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Dude, dude, DUDE! I knew you had it in you.

Your PT doesn't have a brother who is also a PT in the states does he Looks like whether its instruction or motivation, he's propelling your numbers higher!
    Thanks Mark! He's doing a great job --- it's the accessory work that's different for me and it's great to have the on-the-spot motivation.
    I'm actually doing way less deads volume than I was but it seems to be working and my legs and butt are getting huge! Me and Shakira

OK
    I actually had the day off yesterday that made two days in one week
    But I had to train today!

10th November 2012

170lbs

Rows

Tennis ball rolling and stretching - Pyriformis and glutes
    Thoracic extension work

Yates Rows
    10 x 70kg (154lbs)
    10 x 90kg (198lbs)
    10 x 100kg (220lbs)
    10 x 110kg (242lbs)
    8 x 120kg (264lbs)
    8, 8 x 130kg (286lbs)
    6, 6, 6 x 140kg (3pps/308lbs) PRs
    10 x 120kg (264lbs)
    14 x 100kg (220lbs)
    I did 3pps -- really untidy form, but I wanted to see how it felt and looked

Seated close grip rows Tempo 5:2:5
    6, 6, 6, 6, 8 x 80kg (176lbs)
    Slow and squeezed the scaps at the end

Rear delt flyes - reverse pec deck Tempo 5:2:5
    5, 5, 5, 5 x 68kg (150lbs)
    10 x 51kg (112lbs)
    Slow - great pump - shoulders felt great

Wide grip lat pull-downs Tempo 5:2:5
    6, 6, 6, 6, 6 x 80kg (176lbs)

80 minutes

After my deadlifts the trainer had me doing all of those OH squats, lunges and weighted step-ups. Yesterday (Friday) my glutes were sore, but today (Saturday) my quads and hammies are toast!
    I still had discomfort from the facet joint I 'popped' so yesterday was an off day.
    Today was rows. I've been doing Yates rows for a while now and had been comfortable at 130kg with the form getting better. Ryou suggested to try the 140kg for a few reps next week
    I was feeling good today, so I loaded up the bar with 140kg/308 = 3 plates per side......it was actually 1x25kg+ 2x10kg+ 3x5kg plates per side. I know that the form isn't good.....there's a lot of body English and should try to get a squeeze at the scaps, but I'll work to improve it and make it stricter. All of the other sets to 120kg are pretty strict and with a squeeze

I set up to do Pendlays which are my favourite way of hitting the lats, but I could feel my back getting tight so I left them and just did some light strict seated rows and pull-downs

And the joys of having teenagers!
    My 15 year old had been misbehaving so we told her she couldn't go to this Harry Potter/Dr. Who/Vampire show (believe me, that's what 15 year-old girls are into )
    There was lots of yelling and screaming, and then she locked herself in her room
    In the morning we found this posted to her door:

Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

TY.

Nice work.

I'm learning from your kids too. (Mine are a few years behind yet so I'm getting ready).

Nice work Andrew! Lots of vol on the Yates rows. If you had cut some of it by half or skipped the lesser weighted ones you may have been able to do the 140kgs with better form. Don't mind me tho, just thinking aloud.

Poor kid lol Being a parent is such hard work! I feel so guilty sometimes when dishing out the punishment, they don't realise it can be a lot harder on us than it is on them. Had our own fun today.

Nice strong work on those rows Andrew. I suppose you will be a bit sore today after more than 100 reps on the yates rows. That was funny about your daughter, teen girls can be really tough to work with at times. I have no doubt you will get her headed in the right direction soon enough though.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

Page 124 of 275 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast