ComradeHong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and protein beginner?

Hey BodyBuilder.com people! I'm new to body building and have some questions for creatine and protein intake. I'm currently 5'5 and 114 pounds, wanting to gain muscle. I'm hoping to order creatine "Higher Power Micronized Creatine 1000grams" which is 20 bucks online. I don't know what to buy for protein though. To build muscle, should i take caesin? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this lol. Anywho, anyone know the hours to take protein and creatine? Should i take it separately? Thanks!

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ComradeHong View Post
    Hey BodyBuilder.com people! I'm new to body building and have some questions for creatine and protein intake. I'm currently 5'5 and 114 pounds, wanting to gain muscle. I'm hoping to order creatine "Higher Power Micronized Creatine 1000grams" which is 20 bucks online. I don't know what to buy for protein though. To build muscle, should i take caesin? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this lol. Anywho, anyone know the hours to take protein and creatine? Should i take it separately? Thanks!
    Before you worry about supplements, make sure your diet is solid, you are very underweight (if you're a male above the age of 15). You need to eat more, that's the best way to pack on calories, remember supplements are to "supplement" your diet+ training. Your choice of creatine is fine, monohydrate is basic and is well researched. You can take it any time of the day, 5g a day.

Now for protein, there is a bunch of different things you can buy, including diff types of protein with different rates of absorption. Most common ones you'll hear about are whey, casein, and egg protein. You don't need casein to "build muscle", what you need is an increase in Kcals. You should have a protein shake or two in if your diet is lacking in protein. A solid amount to aim for daily is 1 gram to 1.5grams of protein per pound you weigh (so for your 115 g to 150~g). The best thing to have after a work out if you choose one type of protein would be whey (faster absorbed than the others), but overall, a blend is best, including post workout if you can afford more than one type. You usually hear about casein from people other taking it in a MRP, before bed or at work, it is absorbed slower than whey (so think of it as "extended release"). I have a blend of the 3 protein types I mentioned above, and it is great. You can take both protein and creatine at the same time.

ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebach20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by highdie View Post
    Before you worry about supplements, make sure your diet is solid, you are very underweight (if you're a male above the age of 15). You need to eat more, that's the best way to pack on calories, remember supplements are to "supplement" your diet+ training. Your choice of creatine is fine, monohydrate is basic and is well researched. You can take it any time of the day, 5g a day.

Now for protein, there is a bunch of different things you can buy, including diff types of protein with different rates of absorption. Most common ones you'll hear about are whey, casein, and egg protein. You don't need casein to "build muscle", what you need is an increase in Kcals. You should have a protein shake or two in if your diet is lacking in protein. A solid amount to aim for daily is 1 gram to 1.5grams of protein per pound you weigh (so for your 115 g to 150~g). The best thing to have after a work out if you choose one type of protein would be whey (faster absorbed than the others), but overall, a blend is best, including post workout if you can afford more than one type. You usually hear about casein from people other taking it in a MRP, before bed or at work, it is absorbed slower than whey (so think of it as "extended release"). I have a blend of the 3 protein types I mentioned above, and it is great. You can take both protein and creatine at the same time.
    Comrad at this point, just as mentioned above focusing on taking in more calories should be your biggest concern. I wouldn't worry about creatine at this point. Take in up to 1000kcal more than you typically do now to gain mass. Try adding healthy fats ex) extra virgin olive oil and foods such as peanut butter to your diet. If you get a protein I like what the previous post said as far as a protein blend because it works best for all times of day. One of my proteins is Nitrocore 24 currently and it works pretty well as a blend.

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As mentioned before..
    fix you're diet up. Eat above maintenance (find calorie maintenance calcs online), drink enough water and get enough rest.

However - two good products I recommend :

Creatine - Green Magnitude

Protein: Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard.

Good luck buddy
    2020 Comeback from hiatus. Time to get blench
    Running a Max-OT style routine to get the wheel turning