Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jigfish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Why is this bad for you?

bread, wheat, white potatoes, white rice or white pasta. I am loosing weight but working out with heavey weights.
    Thanks,

The weak call it obsession , the strong call it DEDICATION!!

Jigfish

official ginger of MISC EGsnail95's Avatar
    EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EGsnail95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    empty calories is my assumtion, white pasta is a simple carbohydrate so it would dijest quickly = good for u in regardes to energy, i think.
    disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post, do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this person.

"In spanish, it's futbol, in Portuguese it's Futebol, and in french, it's handball"

current stack:
    ask.

reps for life: ShayZ

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jigfish View Post
    bread, wheat, white potatoes, white rice or white pasta. I am loosing weight but working out with heavey weights.
    These foods are not "bad" for you. What's "bad" is eating more than you burn, if your goal is to lose fat. There are different choices that will keep you full for a longer period of time, which helps with shedding fat.

I suggest you read more about nutrition.
    Genshai

peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is no such thing as bad food.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by peter03 View Post
    I really disagree.
    anything with trans fats for example

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some breads are better for you than others. Avoid the brand name white sandwich type bread and instead go for heavy breads like rye.

Nothing wrong with potatoes, pasta, or white rice, IMHO.

Sure yams (sweet potatoes) are better than white potatoes, but I don't like them, and long grain rice is better than white rice, but I don't like it either.

Finally found some Quinoa at my grocery store this weekend, so I'm going to try that this week.

Moderation is the key.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    I really disagree.
    anything with trans fats for example
    Layman's explantion:

The "white" in the bread, rice and pasta in an indication that they've been highly processed and had most of the goodness kicked out of them. The germ and inner husk (bran) have been removed. They're lacking much of the fibre and nutrients you'll get in whole grains including brown rice.

The foods listed (except wheat--see next paragraph) are all high on the glycemic index. They are fast digesting and don't give you sustained energy. They spike your insulin levels.That, in turn, can lead to the foods being turned into and stored as fat faster and more readily than foods low on the glycemic.

NB: There's nothing wrong with wheat, so long as it's whole wheat.
    "Canadian Salmon Crew". Swimming against the stream of a sick, weak, fat population.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing bad about those foods.. well bread like wonder bread it's crap
    everything else you mention is great food loaded with vitamins , carbs, amino acids and some proteins
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EGsnail95 View Post
    empty calories is my assumtion, white pasta is a simple carbohydrate so it would dijest quickly = good for u in regardes to energy, i think.
    WTH are you talking about .. white pasta?? empty calories ??

what is white pasta ??

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TorontoBruce View Post

The foods listed (except wheat--see next paragraph) are all high on the glycemic index. They are fast digesting and don't give you sustained energy. They spike your insulin levels.That, in turn, can lead to the foods being turned into and stored as fat faster and more readily than foods low on the glycemic.
    If you eat them ALONE they do.

How often do you eat white bread or rice all by themselves? Adding other foods changes the "glycemic profile" so to speak.
    -

Layman's explantion:
    The "white" in the bread, rice and pasta in an indication that they've been highly processed and had most of the goodness kicked out of them. The germ and inner husk (bran) have been removed. They're lacking much of the fibre and nutrients you'll get in whole grains including brown rice.

You are so far out...

durum wheat pasta is not a high GI food in fact generally it's pretty low depending on the kind... but none of it is high, spaghetti for example has a index of 27 compared to whole wheat pasta with an index of 37

converted white rice has a low GI 38 lower than brown rice @55

a potato boiled also has a medium GI of 56 a sweet potato 54 and a yam 51

the lack of fibers has little to do with it's glycemic index in fact many foods have a lower glycemic index once the fiber is removed simply because in the process some of it's natural sugars are lost

the GI data also is very inconsistent especially in non processed foods like root vegetables, veggies, meats etc.. because there are differences in the growing methods, location and species

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    WTH are you talking about .. white pasta?? empty calories ??

what is white pasta ??
    Believe it or not, Clear Value (Wal Mart brand) pasta is made with refined wheat instead of semolina.

Blech.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Believe it or not, Clear Value (Wal Mart brand) pasta is made with refined wheat instead of semolina.

Blech.
    I wouldn't know but I believe you ... I avoid Walmart foods like the plague

I only buy batteries and cheap shoes at walmart

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    NOTHING!

I have 8oz of a white potatoe 30 min after my workout. If it meets your macro's why not eat it?
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im not a hater but all i know is when i cut these things from my diet i have an eaiser time shedding bodyfat.

Originally Posted by dutter View Post
    im not a hater but all i know is when i cut these things from my diet i have an eaiser time shedding bodyfat.
    Of course.. but it doesn't mean they are bad for you .

If you where a soccer player and not a BBer you'll get 60% of your calories from carbs
    and struggle not to lose weight

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of course.. but it doesn't mean they are bad for you .

If you where a soccer player and not a BBer you'll get 60% of your calories from carbs
    true

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    goody! a "some foods are evil thread"
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by peter03 View Post
    I guess you haven't heard of a deep fried mars bar?

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Soccer here I come!

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think "bad' is way to strong a word for most of those foods listed. Guessing you came across them in a manner that was discussing higher GI foods and lower GI foods. I tend to live off of brown rice....it is a lower GI carb and lower in calories. I remember my prep guy when he was bulking though would make a simple switch to white rice to pick up an extra couple hundred calories. So it all depends on your goals. I know if I was prepping for a show, I would never eat white rice and generally stick to yams over white potatoes, mainly because yams actually have some flavor to them though! Bread....never ate a drop of bread during a prep, nor pasta. They are refined foods, not the kind of stuff you want as a staple of your diet. In a perfect world, you should live by the mantra if you can't grow it, kill it or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it. With that said, prep diets are at the extreme end of the spectrum, but the most successful in this sport keep their diets very close to that ideal year around.

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

I love all those foods. White pasta with red sauce and Italian sausage the best! dinner tonight, can't wait.
    Grilled Steak and white potatoes loaded with sour cream and chedar last night for supa
    nothing wrong with those foods.

I love bulking, anyone else ready for lunch.

now if I was trying to cut up, then I wouldn't eat like that, but still nothing wrong with the food listed by the OP IMHO.

enjoy luch fellas/gals

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    I think "bad' is way to strong a word for most of those foods listed. Guessing you came across them in a manner that was discussing higher GI foods and lower GI foods. I tend to live off of brown rice....it is a lower GI carb and lower in calories. I remember my prep guy when he was bulking though would make a simple switch to white rice to pick up an extra couple hundred calories. So it all depends on your goals. I know if I was prepping for a show, I would never eat white rice and generally stick to yams over white potatoes, mainly because yams actually have some flavor to them though! Bread....never ate a drop of bread during a prep, nor pasta. They are refined foods, not the kind of stuff you want as a staple of your diet. In a perfect world, you should live by the mantra if you can't grow it, kill it or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it. With that said, prep diets are at the extreme end of the spectrum, but the most successful in this sport keep their diets very close to that ideal year around.
    well said

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eating simple carbs post-workout is the suggestion in most bbing articles on nutrition. The faster-digesting carbs create an insulin response which helps drive protein into muscle cells.
    So there is a time for stuff like a baked potato or white bread or white rice.

TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are so far out...
    You're right, to a degree. Enough, tho, that I'll revise my post having written it off-the-cuff this morning without refreshing my memory. Something I shouldn't have done.

I was wrong on the GI of some foods. Nevertheless, on the other point I raised, I was correct: processed foods are lower in nutritional value.

I'll also add, however, some excerpts from the GI as follows:

Should I avoid all High GI foods?
    No, there is a time and place for certain foods which will raise your insulin levels. Before, during and after exercise is the perfect time to enjoy your high glycemic foods which contain a high sugar content. Why should eat high glycemic index foods after a workout? After exercise your body will react to the excess sugars and create the hormone 'insulin' this hormone helps your body build muscle during this time.

Why are high-fiber foods high in GI?

The high fiber foods that are referred to as high in GI have a lot of Insoluble fiber. This type of fiber doesn't slow digestion unless it is acting like a fence to inhibit access to enzymes. Some samples of high fiber high GI foods include whole wheat breads, whole wheat pastas, etc.

Breads:
    White Bread
    High

Pumpernikel Bread
    Low

Rye Bread
    High

Flaxseed
    Low

Oat Bran
    Low

Pita Bread
    Med

Wonder White Bread
    High

Whole Wheat Tortillas
    Med

Sourdough
    Low

Rice:
    Basmati Rice
    Med

Brown Rice
    Med

Instant Rice
    High

Jasmine Rice
    High

Long Grain
    Low

Wild Rice
    Med

http://www.myfit.ca/glycemic_index.asp
    "Canadian Salmon Crew". Swimming against the stream of a sick, weak, fat population.

RoderickTG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
    Finally found some Quinoa at my grocery store this weekend, so I'm going to try that this week.
    -=FLEX=-
    I'm in the same boat. Just saw that the grocery store added it to their shelf and I bought some. Not to go off tangent too far, am I the only one that doesn't like the taste of Quinoa? Anyone have any tips on what they may do it (or add to it) if they don't like the taste?
    In God I trust, all others I audit.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RoderickTG View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Just saw that the grocery store added it to their shelf and I bought some. Not to go off tangent too far, am I the only one that doesn't like the taste of Quinoa? Anyone have any tips on what they may do it (or add to it) if they don't like the taste?
    Does it taste soapy or waxy? Quinoa's really high in saponins, so depending on the brand, rinsing it off might take care of it. If you still have the bad taste after rinsing, you can always add herbs. Sometimes I sub quinoa in caseroles or other dishes calling for some kind of pasta.

Just be careful not to overcook it if you're adding pesto or red sauce to it!
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Layman's explantion:

What he said!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    I guess you haven't heard of a deep fried mars bar?
    Hey.... thems good eatin.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbyt321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rocketman44 View Post
    Eating simple carbs post-workout is the suggestion in most bbing articles on nutrition. The faster-digesting carbs create an insulin response which helps drive protein into muscle cells.
    So there is a time for stuff like a baked potato or white bread or white rice.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ this. And when it comes to the glycemic value of foods such as these, if you eat them at a time that won't be most beneficial - try chasing them down with some fiber. The simple carb coupled with a good fiber will make the digestion process slow down as if it were a complex carb.
    "A successful person is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at them." David Brinkley

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-bob-tankersley.htm