Chevy44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New To Site (help needed)

Hello I am new to this site as a member but have been looking through forum posts for the last few days. My reason for coming to this site is for weight loss. I'm 24, 5'10" and currently tip the scale at 290 lbs. I'm an ex-college football player (have been done for 2 years now) and have replaced muscle with fat due to horrendous diet and lack of physical exercise. I'm still muscular, but during my playing weight at 270 with almost a six-pack, i now have a legitimate/large gut and just feel like a pile! My goal is to get down to 230 lbs. by August 1st. I know diet wise what foods are good and what isn't, but i don't really know how to put it all together in a organized, daily diet. I have figured out i need to eat around 2300 calories for weight loss per day and don;t know how to figure out a daily diet that will meet this requirement. can anyone help me? For the last 2 weeks i have been taking a daily multi and two fish oil pills in the morning, what else should i take to achieve my goal? I was thinking a protein shake to replace a meal or something during the day? Many of the posts i see are good info but i don't know how to tailor them to my specific weight. Because of my background, i don;t need help wight lifting wise but know i need to do a lot more cardio then i ever have. Anyways, any info you can give me or links that may be helpful i would greatly appreciate it! Just looking to get set on the right track!

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    go to a website like fitday.com and enter foods to build yourself a daily diet of 2300 calories that contains about 250 grams of protein per day. Build a sensible framework for the diet...ie..real foods that appeal to you and help you meet your daily requirements.

My dietary requirements are close to yours (I'm just starting a cut down to 185 pounds). I start my day with a banana and 4 eggs, have an apple for a morning snack, an albacore tuna sandwich on low carb/high protein bread, a pre and post workout protein shake, and a dinner containing 10 ounces of protein (steak, chicken, fish) and 2 cups of dark green veggies. That puts me at about 2100 calories with over 200 grams of protein.

And would it be safe to assume you know the beer drinking has to end....replaced by copious amounts of H2O?

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    go to a website like fitday.com and enter foods to build yourself a daily diet of 2300 calories that contains about 250 grams of protein per day. Build a sensible framework for the diet...ie..real foods that appeal to you and help you meet your daily requirements.

My dietary requirements are close to yours (I'm just starting a cut down to 185 pounds). I start my day with a banana and 4 eggs, have an apple for a morning snack, an albacore tuna sandwich on low carb/high protein bread, a pre and post workout protein shake, and a dinner containing 10 ounces of protein (steak, chicken, fish) and 2 cups of dark green veggies. That puts me at about 2100 calories with over 200 grams of protein.

And would it be safe to assume you know the beer drinking has to end....replaced by copious amounts of H2O?

Hey thanks, yes beer has stopped (not that im an alchy or anything) and now i need to force myself to drink a gallon a day but it can be tough especially when im not thirsty.

anyone else have any meal ideas for me? anything helps!

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Chevy44 View Post
    anyone else have any meal ideas for me? anything helps!
    You have to eat it.... Make your own meal plan.