lucky8926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky8926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do supplements go bad???

About 3 years ago I was into working out and had a few different supplements. I had some different things going on and unfortunately I stopped working out. I want to get back into it and I drug all my supplements out but don't know if they're still any good. Here is what I have, the exp date, and their condition.

-Nutriplanet Kwick Karb (basically waxy maize starch)
    it's not clumpy at all and there isn't an exp date on the container

-Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
    kind of clumpy with an exp date of 12/09

-Scivation Xtend
    kind of clumpy with exp date of 03/10

-BSN N.O. Xplode
    kind of clumpy exp date 12/08

Dymatize Eliete Whey protein isolate
    Still very powdery exp 11/09
    "You can tell a lot more about a person by what he says about others, than by what others say about him"
    --unknown

firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) firstsnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes they go bad. If the tops were loose and they became moist and then dryed out again they will smell different. But im not sure if I would chance anything to far away from the exp date. Theres a reason they put a date on it. I would'nt risk it but thats me.
    Postive thoughs and people will bring good to the world.

lucky8926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky8926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats what I was afraid of... Hoping I could save a little $$, but then again in 3 years probably some of the ingredients have changed for the better and there are even some better supplements that what I was taking 3 years ago. I have notice that the waxy maize starch debate is still ongoing..... LOL
    "You can tell a lot more about a person by what he says about others, than by what others say about him"
    --unknown

stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    The N.O. Xplode might be a little less potent, but the rest will be fine. Make sure the whey doesn't smell spoiled, though.

Originally Posted by stevenmilligan View Post
    The N.O. Xplode might be a little less potent, but the rest will be fine. Make sure the whey doesn't smell spoiled, though.
    Really?? Nothing smells bad. I just mixed some of the whey protein and it dissolved like usual, a few clumps but nothing bad. It tasted fine too.
    --unknown

stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000) stevenmilligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lucky8926 View Post
    Really?? Nothing smells bad. I just mixed some of the whey protein and it dissolved like usual, a few clumps but nothing bad. It tasted fine too.
    Yeah. As long as it was kept in a cool, dry area and it was sealed, it will be fine.