Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When doing bent over rowes...

is your back supposed to be perfectly horizontal and in line with the ground? I hurt my back a few years ago and it feels a lot more comfortable to do them at more of a 45 degree angle.

thanks

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shockwave78 View Post
    is your back supposed to be perfectly horizontal and in line with the ground? I hurt my back a few years ago and it feels a lot more comfortable to do them at more of a 45 degree angle.

thanks
    Then stay higher up, it will shift the emphasis a little to the upperback and traps but still a great move.
    google yates row.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000) Ersio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shockwave78 View Post

thanks
    I can never do "perfectly horizontal to ground" when doing bent over rows, that would be impossible for my back.

I usually try to hit 45-60 degree angle
    PAIN is your body getting rid of WEAKNESS

Con-Cret Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132299023

Fatassing it to 200. lastlieutenant's Avatar
    lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say instead utilize different grips (overhand, underhand) to hit different parts (upper/lower) of the back.
    Lift Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard.

MuscleBeats.com - Music. Motivation.

Getting stronger every day.

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watch this video. Dorian demonstrates bent-over barbell rows.

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yep

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya i don't think upper body parellel to the floor is very feasible. i think there's a reason just about no one does them that way. also, i've yet to see hardly anyone handle much weight on them in that position, except for some of the dudes that do some real impressive pendlay rows. good luck and train hard.
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dorian Yates has said many times that it's better to be about 45 degrees because this is where your back is the strongest. You will be very prone to injury if your doing it perfectly horizontal. Plus you can use more weight at a 45 degree angle anyway.

strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) strkout35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like to do them at 45 to 60 degree angle varying things to keep the pressure on different areas. I also have started using DB's to do upright rows and I feel like it helps to isolate the areas of the back I really want to burnout. Got the idea from a Charles Glass video that is posted on BB.com. Check it out. Has a lot of good stuff on back workouts.

http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch...ack-rear-delts
    The juice is worth the squeeze.

I rep back

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    This question gets asked often. Check out the stickies.

☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shockwave78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    excellent, thanks guys appreciated it

pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pickupstix60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the "bent over row" that goes to almost parallel is more of a Pendlay Row.

I was actually doing pendlays in the gym a while back and this MASSIVE bodybuilder came up to me and suggested I do it like the above video. I knew that what he was describing was an upright row, but wasn't about to argue with him as he obviously knew what he was talking about. He said you can mess up your lower back doing pendlay rows like I was.

I kind of disagree about that, I think that if you have proper form on Pendlay rows, it's just a deadlift stance but rowing the weight up to the bottom of your ribcage. However, you do have to be a lot more careful about how much weight you use on pendlays, and they work less upper back than uprights (obviously).

cliffs:

-45 degree angle for upright rows is good
    -upright rows not the same as pendlay rows
    Another skinny bastard