newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Can't I Seem To Lose Fat?

I would like to get down to 15% bodyfat at 190lbs, but I just can't seem to cut the fat.
    I'm male, 46, 5'10", 190lbs at around 20% bodyfat. I train 2-on-1 off with weights and do cardio at 65 - 70% of my max heart rate using the elliptical or stationary bike 5 days-per-week in the mornings (on an empty stomach, or shortly after a blender protein shake or piece of fruit), or after my evening workout. I eat every 2.5 - 3 hours and try to drink 500mls of water inbetween all meals. I take my protein shakes with distilled
    water. My morning meal is 60 grams of carbs to 30 grams of protein and every other meal is 30/30 except for after my workout which is 60 carbs to 30 protein: I try to avoid bread, wheat, white potatoes, white rice or white pasta. i will take
    a tsp of UDO's oil with every meal. I supplement with whey protein concentrate or isolate. i usually have a scoop of carb powder and a scoop of isolate immediately after my workout followed by another protein shake about a half hour later, followed by a food meal an hour later.
    How Can I Reach My Goal?
    Any advice from an educated and experienced natural bodybuilder would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Rob

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you already weigh 190lbs at 20% bf how to do expect to get to 15% BF at 190. I dont know anyone who can drop 5% BF and not lose weight.

If you are not losing weight and BF the cause is probably you are consuming too many calories.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by newrob View Post
    I would like to get down to 15% bodyfat at 190lbs, but I just can't seem to cut the fat.
    I'm male, 46, 5'10", 190lbs at around 20% bodyfat. I train 2-on-1 off with weights and do cardio at 65 - 70% of my max heart rate using the elliptical or stationary bike 5 days-per-week in the mornings (on an empty stomach, or shortly after a blender protein shake or piece of fruit), or after my evening workout. I eat every 2.5 - 3 hours and try to drink 500mls of water inbetween all meals. I take my protein shakes with distilled
    water. My morning meal is 60 grams of carbs to 30 grams of protein and every other meal is 30/30 except for after my workout which is 60 carbs to 30 protein: I try to avoid bread, wheat, white potatoes, white rice or white pasta. i will take
    a tsp of UDO's oil with every meal. I supplement with whey protein concentrate or isolate. i usually have a scoop of carb powder and a scoop of isolate immediately after my workout followed by another protein shake about a half hour later, followed by a food meal an hour later.
    How Can I Reach My Goal?
    Any advice from an educated and experienced natural bodybuilder would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Rob
    How long have you been doing your current routine? What gains/losses have you seen. What is your calorie intake/deficit look like.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Registered User AussieTrapezius's Avatar
    AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What is sugar intake like? Try mixing it up. A few days of low carbs then a day of a lot of carbs.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would you describe yourself as skinny fat?

Give the following a read. It may provide answers.

Skinny fat ectomorph parts 1 and 2.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/search/...at%20ectomorph

Also the following articles regarding energy flux go on about something that I have experienced a few times in my training life but didn't realize I was doing It always came about whenever I needed to increase my strength while keeping within a weight class. A very cool leaning out effect. In a nut shell, I ramped up the intensity AND slightly increased my intake creating a metabolic dance that resulted in more lean muscle and less fat. No movement on the scales but obvious in the mirror.

Dr. John Berardi is on my list of those professionals that I pay attention to.
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._ultimate_body

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...on/gflux_redux
    Last edited by tonester; 02-28-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by newrob View Post
    How Can I Reach My Goal?
    Thanks, Rob
    Since you seem to have a good grasp on your macro count I could assume you have a good grasp on your typical daily calorie intake? What is it? You can eat all the "clean" food you want but if it is above your maintenance calorie level you're spinning your wheels.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerfinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please don't forget about insullin sensitivity... Too many carbs stop me from losing fat, even at below maintnence cals. My body will use muscle instead of burning fat. Its just my genitic lot.

Fat can not be lost in the presence of insulin.

Are your carbs low in GI?

Like MM said above are you eating slightly below maintnence?

How long have you been dieting? You might be at a plateau.

Post your diet with the calorie breakdowns so we can get a better idea
    "all good things come to those who wait"