predman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Powders vs. Amino Acid tablets

Hello everyone,

I am a hard-core, natural bodybuilding enthusiast who is going to go "old school" and try Liver Tablets and Protein.

One thing I am confused on though, is whether to take protein in the form of Amino Acids throughout the day, or is something like a Whey-based Protein Powder just as effective?

Now, my undergrad is in exercise and human nutrition, so I don't need nutrition 101. I understand the Free form, BCAA, stuff. I also get the release into the bloodstream/ Whey vs. Casein timing thing, etc.

But from a training perspective, are Amino Acid tablets superior, complementary, or outdated when compared to protein powders?

Is there a difference, or are we essentially talking about the same thing?

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of people use a combination of both and rely more on the whey protein to get the bulk of their bodies protein needs. I don't personally use amino acids other than luecine. I personally think if your diet is in check and you choose a protein that is high in amino acid content, then you really don't need to add anything, but others have more educated opinions on the topic. search around and see what Layne Norton has said on this.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by predman View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a hard-core, natural bodybuilding enthusiast who is going to go "old school" and try Liver Tablets and Protein.

One thing I am confused on though, is whether to take protein in the form of Amino Acids throughout the day, or is something like a Whey-based Protein Powder just as effective?

Now, my undergrad is in exercise and human nutrition, so I don't need nutrition 101. I understand the Free form, BCAA, stuff. I also get the release into the bloodstream/ Whey vs. Casein timing thing, etc.

But from a training perspective, are Amino Acid tablets superior, complementary, or outdated when compared to protein powders?

Is there a difference, or are we essentially talking about the same thing?
    You realize that the protein in liver tabs is in polypeptide chains just like it is in whey right? They are just dried protein turds with some added vitamins.

And most amino tabs are just hydrolyzed protein, often collagen, and not free form animos either.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.