PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Lifting Weight while Losing

I'm 5'2" 205lbs looking to lose around 70lbs. I've been working hard on trying to hit the cardio hard even though I hate it but I need it to burn the fat. I love lifting weights for a while I was lifting heavy w/ low reps (8-10 range) and then someone told me to lift moderate w/ high reps (12-15 range) they told me that was better for losing weight. Which is actually true, heavy weights-low reps or moderate weights-high reps? I'm a girl who likes lifting heavy weights but want to do which ever will benefit me in the long run as far as long weights.
    'Courage is not defined by those who fought, nor by those who fell, But by those who fought, fell, and rose again.' -unknown

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For me, it was cardio and low reps, high weight. I lost 40 lbs last year doing that. Moderate weight, high reps is more of a cardio type workout for me and it probably would have helped me lose the weight a little faster but my main goal was to gain strength (lose weight was my 2nd goal). Don't forget, muscle burns fat all day long so if you're into building muscle (like I was/am), then I'd keep doing what you're doing!

Originally Posted by PhoenixLuv View Post
    I'm 5'2" 205lbs looking to lose around 70lbs. I've been working hard on trying to hit the cardio hard even though I hate it but I need it to burn the fat. I love lifting weights for a while I was lifting heavy w/ low reps (8-10 range) and then someone told me to lift moderate w/ high reps (12-15 range) they told me that was better for losing weight. Which is actually true, heavy weights-low reps or moderate weights-high reps? I'm a girl who likes lifting heavy weights but want to do which ever will benefit me in the long run as far as long weights.

PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mellie369 View Post
    For me, it was cardio and low reps, high weight. I lost 40 lbs last year doing that. Moderate weight, high reps is more of a cardio type workout for me and it probably would have helped me lose the weight a little faster but my main goal was to gain strength (lose weight was my 2nd goal). Don't forget, muscle burns fat all day long so if you're into building muscle (like I was/am), then I'd keep doing what you're doing!
    Thank you for this advice and congrats on the weight loss. I'm definitely gonna stick w/ lifting heavy that's what I like to do anyway
    'Courage is not defined by those who fought, nor by those who fell, But by those who fought, fell, and rose again.' -unknown

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cardio and diet will burn fat, while weight training will build muscle ( which in the long run will improve your fat burning capabilities) or at the very least maintain what you have.

Whatever rep scheme you use, you cannot just go through the motions. The reps, especially on the last set, should be challenging and you should be progressively increasing the amount of weight lifted on your exercises over time.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.