Page 250 of 309 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 9252
    scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The fact that you even bothered to work out in such heat is impressive in and of itself and THEN doing squats, very strong squats, **** man, you're a beast. I've done prowlers but they seem evil and awesome at the same time, mostly evil I'd imagine in this heat. Your upcoming sessions are going to feel like a breeze compared to today lmao.
    I fall off the lifting wagon all the time but I'm still here lol

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yesterday bumped

Thursday 19th November 2013

168.5lbs

Round 2 .... Squats with the PT

Paused squats
    10 x 20kg bar (44lbs) 5 second pauses
    5, 5 x 60kg (132lbs) 3 second pauses
    Depth and neural patterning

voodoo flossing/BW squats

Squats
    10 x 100kg (220lbs)
    8 x 110kg (242lbs)
    6 x 120kg (264lbs)
    4 x 130kg (286lbs)
    2 x 140kg (308lbs)

Box squats --- 12" box
    5, 5, 5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    Glutes and hammies
    Pause and power up

Superset
    Step-ups to 18" box

10, 10 x 60kg BB (132lbs) alternating legs
    with forward Lunges
    10, 10 x 60kg BB (132lbs) alternating legs

Superset
    Prowler pushes

90kg+50kg sled = 140kg/308lbs total x 20m
    4 laps
    With reverse superman
    20 seconds, 20 seconds

Thoracic rotations/hamstring stretches

60 minutes

The session:
    Paused squats
    For depth and neural patterning = drop ATG, pause, explode up
    voodoo band flossing and BW indian squats
    Voodoo band flossing on the right knee = tightasfuk above and below the knee: Speed down and explode up. No knee pain on the right after

Squats .... T&G .... 'the rack'
    100kg/220lbs x 10 ... felt great
    110kg/242lbs x 8 ... easy now
    120kg/264lbs x 6 ... still good form and speed
    130kg/286lbs x 4 ... starting to feel heavy. Lats rep a bit slow
    140kg/308lbs x 2 ... good form. Speed out of the hole
    I'm keeping the chest up, squatting back and driving up through the hips. I was tanked at the end but didn't fold forwards once

Box squats
    Box squats 100kg/220lbs x 5 ... hold the breath, squat back, pause on the box and then driveup through the glutes and adductors.
    These felt light. Good speed off the box

BB step ups and forward lunges
    Concentrating on keeping the head and chest up. 60kg felt good but did not want to bump the weight

Prowlers
    This was so fcuking hard in the heat ... I just could not cool down!

Cliffs
    1. Sh!tload of squats.
    2. Form was consistent throughout = didn't fold forwards, even on the 140kg
    3. Tracking was good. Knees were painless. Weight was back through the heels
    4. Box squats felt good with good speed off the box
    5. Prowlers in this heat were deadly but I got through them
    6. Went for my massage after and nearly fell over on the stairs

It was a really good session ... squats felt strong and my conditioning held up ... and that was despite the heat

Edit: and the temperature peaked at

43.4ºC/110.1ºF

at 2:48pm .... right when I was doing the prowlers

No wonder I finally hit the wall then

Originally Posted by Swuuu View Post
    its gotta work sometime . haha ok!

That heat is why I will never visit Australia in the summer. Finally you are happy with how your session went . Strong squats and stepups there man! Have a good weekend.
    At least where I live it's a dry heat so that you sweat and it evaporates ... I was doing OK with the heat until the prowlers
    I was very happy with my squat form even though the bar started feeling very heavy form 130kg on, and I was happy with my conditioning considering the circumstances

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    If you make it back to the Rockies, don't go to Whistler ... head more interior BC. Better snow, less crowds!
    That's where I want to head next time I'm in Canada ... cold but plenty of powder

Originally Posted by Exane View Post
    Awesome cliffs, lol. Squat is improving rapidly, Andrew, GJDM! Hitting the 140kg and then heading right into box squats.... bet your hips were fried after that.

No thanks on the prowler at 43 degrees, that sounds just awful. Hell of a battle, sir.
    Thanks Sean! I've been squatting the 140kg for a little while but I'm feeling that my form is getting much better with each outing .. it's taking the strain off my knees and I can feel that my hips and glutes are taking the workload. I can feel my glutes and my VMO today!

Yeah ... the Prowlers sorted me out .. I tried pacing myself but it doesn;t take long to get anaerobic and then the heat just builds up .... I was panting just to cool down!

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    Nice PT session!

Cant believe you did all this in that kind of heat.
    That can't be good for a man of your age.
    (or any age for that matter)
    You damn Gen Ys are so soft

Strong back squats and box squats.

Step up/lunge super set and then the prowlers is crazy.
    That must've been killer.
    I really enjoyed that session. I was concentrating on trying to 'spread the floor' with my feet on the drive up ... could really feel the medial quads activating and they're sore today. After the heavy squats the box squats felt light. On the last set I could not have got a 6th rep. The step-ups and lunges felt good. The prowlers fcuked me over though .. power work in that heat is just deadly!

Originally Posted by scoveg13 View Post
    The fact that you even bothered to work out in such heat is impressive in and of itself and THEN doing squats, very strong squats, **** man, you're a beast. I've done prowlers but they seem evil and awesome at the same time, mostly evil I'd imagine in this heat. Your upcoming sessions are going to feel like a breeze compared to today lmao.
    The squats felt heavy but the sets were short bursts of energy so I was able to recover without overheating ... the prowlers though are a different beast ... pushing 140kg for 80m really fires up the whole PC and lower body and it's a sustained effort. After that I just sat down and couldn't move while I cooled down for a few minutes. I enjoyed the session and I've got good DOMS from it today

Today

Friday 20th December 2013

168lbs

Back

Yates rows
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    10 x 100kg (220lbs)
    10 x 110kg (242lbs)
    10, 10, 10, 10, 10 x 120kg (264bs)
    8, 8, 8 x 130kg (286lbs)

Penday Rows
    8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)

45 minutes

Got a phone call at 5am from my eldest daughter who rang to tell me she was getting cold while waiting for a bus at Dublin Airport ... WTF ... do your kids never stop hounding you? This sort of messed my morning cos I tried to get back to sleep and then eventually gave in to the inevitable and squeezed in a quick session before going to work. It was a short back session today but I got in some heavy work to make it worthwhile.
    I feel great after yesterday's session .. I've got glute and medial quad DOMS which make me feel that I was doinitrite. Knees feel pretty good and lower back is perfect
    Things are getting busy in the run-up to Christmas and the cutting effort is looking decidedly shaky. TGIF!

"Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very nice squatting! It seems like your squatting pretty frequently throughout the week which probably helps with form! And don't lie you like when your kids call you
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Very nice squatting! It seems like your squatting pretty frequently throughout the week which probably helps with form! And don't lie you like when your kids call you
    Thanks Nadeem! I've been doing a lot of squatting and deads and that along with all the other lower body work seems to be paying off and there's no doubt in my mind that it's helping my form. I feel that I'm neglecting my upper body though. And I love my kids ringing me .... just not at 5 in the morning and crying because it's cold

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirin row work Andrew, that's a lot of weight for a lot of reps. Which type of rows do you prefer?

I still bother the **** out of my parents so the answer is probably not, lol
    4% shredded with striated!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

Mirin row work Andrew, that's a lot of weight for a lot of reps. Which type of rows do you prefer?
    I used to prefer the Yates rows ... the Pendlays always seemed to leave my lower back tanked and I really just did them because everyone said I should. Lately though the lower back has been good and the Pendlays have been feeling really good. I love the way the Pendlays hit the whole length of the lats so they're now my favourite

I still bother the **** out of my parents so the answer is probably not, lol
    Damn

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I used to prefer the Yates rows ... the Pendlays always seemed to leave my lower back tanked and I really just did them because everyone said I should. Lately though the lower back has been good and the Pendlays have been feeling really good. I love the way the Pendlays hit the whole length of the lats so they're now my favourite

Damn
    Very interesting. Will definitely give them a go!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice rows, Andrew.
    Pretty damn heavy and lots of volume.

I've never tried Pendlays because I'm afraid of what will happen to my lower back.
    It's a vulnerable position and my back is weak.
    But maybe I should give them a go with some light weight and see what happens.

lol @ the 5am phone call.
    As if you could help her in that situation.
    What was your response?
    "Do some jumping jacks to warm up."
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Very interesting. Will definitely give them a go!
    You've got a very strong back so you'll murder them ... the combination of the need to really power them off the floor and control the neg really makes my lasts respond

Nice rows, Andrew.
    Pretty damn heavy and lots of volume.

I've never tried Pendlays because I'm afraid of what will happen to my lower back.
    It's a vulnerable position and my back is weak.
    But maybe I should give them a go with some light weight and see what happens.
    Thanks Tom ... you should try them. Once you learn how to lock your lower back during the row they are great. My lower back doesn't fatigue now so no rounding

lol @ the 5am phone call.
    As if you could help her in that situation.
    What was your response?
    "Do some jumping jacks to warm up."
    Firstly I had to get her to stop blubbering so I could understand what she was saying, then it was "don't miss the fcuking bus while you're crying to me". It came about 5 minutes later

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Tom ... you should try them. Once you learn how to lock your lower back during the row they are great. My lower back doesn't fatigue now so no rounding
    I'm going to give them a shot.
    If I slip a disc or something, you'll need to FedEx me some prescription meds.

Firstly I had to get her to stop blubbering so I could understand what she was saying, then it was "don't miss the fcuking bus while you're crying to me". It came about 5 minutes later
    lol

I think the temperatures in Dublin are well above zero which isn't even that cold.
    Now if she was waiting for a bus in Toronto last week when it was -17, then I could understand the distress.

She's probably a little home sick and misses daddy.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

I think the temperatures in Dublin are well above zero which isn't even that cold.
    Now if she was waiting for a bus in Toronto last week when it was -17, then I could understand the distress.

She's probably a little home sick and misses daddy's money.
    ^^^^^ corrected.

I think she wanted me to say 'jump in a taxi and I'll pay you for it' ... would be about a 70Euro fare

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Saturday 21st December 2013

170lbs .. so much for cutting

Bits and pieces

SLDLs
    10, 10, 10, 8, 8 x 110kg (242lbs)

one armed DB floor presses
    12, 12, 12, 10, 10 x 40lbs

Wide grip lat pull-downs
    12, 12, 12, 10, 10 x 160lbs

Band pull-aparts
    20, 20, 20, 20

50 minutes

40 hours after my leg session and my quads have the worst DOMS they've ever had, and ouch ... my teardrops are super tender to the touch!
    It's all good though because even though the muscles are aching the knees feel good
    I had been thinking that I might do some squats for volume (like 10 x 10 x 100kg) but that would have been stupid. My glutes and hammies however were only mildly sore so I was only mildly stupid and decided to do some SLDLs
    The last time I did SLDLs was 2 weeks ago: I bumped the weight from 100kg to 110kg and it still felt good .. got great tension through the glutes and hammies and was able to power the weight up easily. I kept a few reps behind to maintain form
    After that did the single armed floor presses .. light weight but concentrating on hitting the pecs.

Short session again because I'm under the thumb .. wifey has invited 6 couples over for dinner tonight so now she is getting all anxious trying to tidy the house up, get the Christmas decorations up, and get the food ready. I've got to get the BBQ ready, look after the booze and do all the house tidying ... after that should be plenty of eating and drinking. So much for cutting to have a 6 pack for the spa bath in France

Last edited by fittofattofit; 12-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At least where I live it's a dry heat so that you sweat and it evaporates ... I was doing OK with the heat until the prowlers
    I was very happy with my squat form even though the bar started feeling very heavy form 130kg on, and I was happy with my conditioning considering the circumstances
    I hate the heat haha. You are probably somewhat accustomed to it by now.

Got a phone call at 5am from my eldest daughter who rang to tell me she was getting cold while waiting for a bus at Dublin Airport ... WTF ... do your kids never stop hounding you? This sort of messed my morning cos I tried to get back to sleep and then eventually gave in to the inevitable and squeezed in a quick session before going to work. It was a short back session today but I got in some heavy work to make it worthwhile.
    This is why you should turn your phone off . Strong pulling as always fit!!

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Loving the exercise choices the last few workouts. I havent been around the journals in a while glad to see you still have one running.

Originally Posted by MWheatley View Post
    Loving the exercise choices the last few workouts. I havent been around the journals in a while glad to see you still have one running.
    Thanks! I've kept the journal running through thick and thin .. Hopefully three steps forward two steps back
    Haven't seen you around for ages .. are you still doing the personal training? I assume you've gone from strength to strength with your own training

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my gawd youve been putting in a ton of work

and those squats were great. no wonder youve got doms to the tear drop

and spa day in france?

Gym Machine = Vacation King!
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

Some pretty heavy work on the SLDL, miron hard sir!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! I've kept the journal running through thick and thin .. Hopefully three steps forward two steps back
    Haven't seen you around for ages .. are you still doing the personal training? I assume you've gone from strength to strength with your own training
    Yeah im still training at the same gym and business has had its ups and downs. Right now a nearby gym closed down and ive gotten a few new clients that transferred over. My own training has been on pause for quite some time while dealing with a long running back and hip injury. My workouts consist of yoga or cardio with occasion light weight training.

I hate the heat haha. You are probably somewhat accustomed to it by now.
    I don't mind the heat as long as it's not humid ... in the dry heat you can at least sweat and cool down as it evaporates .. when it's humid I just can't cool down at all

This is why you should turn your phone off . Strong pulling as always fit!!
    Thanks Swuuu!

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    my gawd youve been putting in a ton of work

and those squats were great. no wonder youve got doms to the tear drop
    Thanks Ryou ... I've been trying to increase the workload and the extra fitness this year is helping me to do it. The volume on those squats was deadly because the rest times were about a minute between sets. 72 hours later now and I still have DOMS in my teardrops

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    and spa day in france?

Gym Machine = Vacation King!
    Yeah Ireland for two weeks visiting the outlaws and then a week skiing in France .. sharing a chalet with some friends from home. I wanted to have my 6 pak back for the post skiing champagne in the spa

Some pretty heavy work on the SLDL, miron hard sir!
    Thanks Sean ..

Originally Posted by MWheatley View Post
    Yeah im still training at the same gym and business has had its ups and downs. Right now a nearby gym closed down and ive gotten a few new clients that transferred over. My own training has been on pause for quite some time while dealing with a long running back and hip injury. My workouts consist of yoga or cardio with occasion light weight training.
    It's great that things are picking up business wise. With your own training: having done the yoga and cardio will give you a strong core and fitness base to build upon for that 100 day challenge. I assume that the pyriformis and back are behaving themselves now

Sunday 22nd December 2013

170.5lbs ... ate way too much last night

RPM/HIIT cycle class

50 minutes

bench and tris

Bench press
    6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 x 60kg (132lbs)

UH triceps extensions .. Ben P dropset
    14/14/14 x 40lbs
    14/14/14 x 50lbs
    14/14/14 x 40lbs

25 minutes

We had 6 other couples over for dinner last night ... a huge cheese platter for starters and then roast fillet beef on the BBQ and a whole lot of Greek desserts. Way too much food and drink ... cut be damned
    This morning was a penance session with the weekly cardio/HITT cycle class to make recompense for last night. I was conscious that I'm going to need to up the cardio fitness for the skiing as well
    After I did a little bit of benching .. I'm going to try to keep up the BB work and see if I can make slow progress again. No doubt about it .. that Ben P triceps extension work is a great way to pump the tris .... inspired by Exane

Last edited by fittofattofit; 12-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

"Greatest Gig in the Sky" young and strong's Avatar
    young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hard to cut weiight around christmas time hey. Give us a plan of where you see your pressing being this time next year>
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by young and strong View Post
    Hard to cut weiight around christmas time hey. Give us a plan of where you see your pressing being this time next year>
    I love my food and drink too much plus I'm a social animal
    That's a good question about the pressing ... after the first few shoulder ops I got back to benching 100kg for singles but the last time I've made pretty no progress .. I do have torn RCs in both shoulders but that shouldn't really stop me getting some progression. I think that I've just become a bit 'gun-shy' ... when I tore the right RC I was benching and it sounded like a sheet tearing
    I'm thinking of doing some programme like Macenko .. the problem is that the current mx would be so low .. probably only 70kg so that progress will be slow. It'd be nice to think that I might get a few reps of 100kg again in a year's time, as long as my shoulders stay safe

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry I've been out for so long Andrew!

You've had some nice work goin on in here tho!

Whats a Ben P dropset? I googled it but I couldn't find anything lol.
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

PSN ID: I_M-th3-b3ast

Playing Skyrim

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Idk, maybe it's just cos i'm evil but don't you just love seeing new doctors at management meetings for the first time, eyes filled with hope and excitement? Like yes! i'm full of great ideas that are gonna change the world! and then watching that youthful exuberance getting crushed by the harsh realities of gov bureaucracy and public service life? Idk, always bring a smile to my face lol ^_^

In other news, i'm probably the office sociopath and still haven't even begun to get all my xmas shopping done

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't mind the heat as long as it's not humid ... in the dry heat you can at least sweat and cool down as it evaporates .. when it's humid I just can't cool down at all
    Thats cuz you cray cray

Thanks Swuuu!
    Welcome . Those Ben P pushdowns are definitely intense. Been a while since ive done them but I remember. Sure brings the pain

scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scoveg13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love my food and drink too much plus I'm a social animal
    That's a good question about the pressing ... after the first few shoulder ops I got back to benching 100kg for singles but the last time I've made pretty no progress .. I do have torn RCs in both shoulders but that shouldn't really stop me getting some progression. I think that I've just become a bit 'gun-shy' ... when I tore the right RC I was benching and it sounded like a sheet tearing
    I'm thinking of doing some programme like Macenko .. the problem is that the current mx would be so low .. probably only 70kg so that progress will be slow. It'd be nice to think that I might get a few reps of 100kg again in a year's time, as long as my shoulders stay safe
    Macenko is a solid bench routine. You'd blow away your initial max after the first cycle through the program. 100kg by next year seems quite reasonable, however - Healthy Shoulder > Heavy Weight - but you already knew that
    I fall off the lifting wagon all the time but I'm still here lol

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    Sorry I've been out for so long Andrew!

You've had some nice work goin on in here tho!
    Thanks Musid .. nothing like the strength that you've been showing on your workouts in 2013!

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    Whats a Ben P dropset? I googled it but I couldn't find anything lol.
    Ben Pakulski ... thanks to Sean (Exane)!

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    Idk, maybe it's just cos i'm evil but don't you just love seeing new doctors at management meetings for the first time, eyes filled with hope and excitement? Like yes! i'm full of great ideas that are gonna change the world! and then watching that youthful exuberance getting crushed by the harsh realities of gov bureaucracy and public service life? Idk, always bring a smile to my face lol ^_^
    It's so true .. we start idealistic (except for the Asians .... well most of them .... please don't neg )
    It doesn't take long for the hospital bureaucracy and institutional stupidity and rigidity to grind you down.

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    In other news, i'm probably the office sociopath and still haven't even begun to get all my xmas shopping done
    I did mine today .... easy stuff. Bought bottles of wine and champagne ... bill $1089, and got a few DJs vouchers for the secretaries (they're the ones who make my life easier )

Thats cuz you cray cray : p

Welcome : D. Those Ben P pushdowns are definitely intense. Been a while since ive done them but I remember. Sure brings the pain : D : D
    They are good for pumping up those tris ... I've slacked off a bit on upper body lately so I'm going to have to up the intensity and those pushdowns are a good start

Originally Posted by scoveg13 View Post
    Macenko is a solid bench routine. You'd blow away your initial max after the first cycle through the program. 100kg by next year seems quite reasonable, however - Healthy Shoulder > Heavy Weight - but you already knew that ; )
    Yeah ... the shoulder health is the main thing. I don't want to be a pussy and not push myself because I expect there to be few twinges, but I really don't want to do any more damage .. especially since my surgeon has refused to operate on me again ... said I was 'non-compliant'

Monday 23rd December 2013

170lbs

Deadlifts with the PT

Good mornings
    10, 10 x bar

hamstring/glute stretches

Deadlifts ... full re-set
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 130kg (286lbs)
    3 x 150kg (330lbs)
    2 x 170kg (375lbs)
    1 x 175kg (385lbs)

was too tired for a go at a PR

Wide grip pull-ups
    Dead hang to chin-over-bar
    8, 8, 8

Deficit deadlifts ... 4" deficit.
    Full reset. Power up; 2 sec pause; 3 sec neg
    3, 3, 3 x 150kg (330lbs)
    Felt light. Good form

Superset
    rope pull up and down

3 sets x 4 pulls up and 4 down each hand
    With GHRs
    8, 8, 8
    with cobras
    12, 12, 12 x 3 seconds

Deadlift ladder
    one rep every minute on the minute
    1 x 140kg (308lbs)
    1 x 145kg (319lbs)
    1 x 150kg (330lbs)
    1 x 155kg (341lbs)
    F x 160kg
    Fatigue +++ .. glutes were screaming

Superset
    Pendlay rows

8, 8 x 80kg (176lbs)
    with Hanging jacknives
    8, 8
    Pendlays felt easy

Thoracic/hip rotations and stretches

70 minutes

The session

Deadlifts
    All full reset
    150kg/330lbs x 3 ... all good form. Good speed
    170kg/375lbs x 2 ... 2nd rep was better than the first
    175kg/385lbs x 1 ... rolled the bar forward. Wasn't comfortable
    JP said I had the strength to go up but my mind wasn't with it ... good call

Pull-ups
    Easy

Deficit deadlifts
    150kg/330lbs x 3 x 3 ... 4" deficit. Pause and slow negative.
    Good form

Rope pull-up/GHRs/cobras
    Rope pull-ups = biceps and lats
    GHRs = glutes, hammies and pretty easy for me
    Cobras = spinal erectors

Deadlift ladder
    This should have been relatively easy but I could feel my glutes really tiring.
    I should have got the 160kg single but I was just so fatigued

Cliffs
    1. Got the 170kg x 2
    2. Got a 175kg single .. starting to lean forward
    3. Should have gone for a 180+ deadlift but the 175kg had been untidy
    4. Deficits deadlifts felt great
    5. Deadlift ladder .. I should have got up to maybe 175kg again but my ass was sore

Last edited by fittofattofit; 12-23-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

"Greatest Gig in the Sky" young and strong's Avatar
    young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    180kgs before new year?!

Completely understandable about the shoulder especially. I just fail to see the point in doing 60kgs bench press weekly workouts again for the next year. I say sub-maximal progressive overload is the way to go. No need to try to hit 100kgs for singles for tge sake
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

180kgs before new year?!
    I've got maybe two more opportunities to get either 180kg again, or even better, get a new PB with 185kg. I'm thinking Saturday (I'm flying to Dublin that evening) or Monday when I'm in Dublin.

Completely understandable about the shoulder especially. I just fail to see the point in doing 60kgs bench press weekly workouts again for the next year. I say sub-maximal progressive overload is the way to go. No need to try to hit 100kgs for singles for tge sake
    I do need to push it a bit and sub-max overload will be the plan. The thing that I should be wary of is going for the singles ... if I can stay strong in the 5-10 rep range then hopefully what's left of my RC will stay intact

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Ben Pakulski ... thanks to Sean (Exane)!

[B][color=red]Monday 23rd December 2013

170lbs

Cliffs
    1. Got the 170kg x 2
    2. Got a 175kg single .. starting to lean forward
    3. Should have gone for a 180+ deadlift but the 175kg had been untidy
    4. Deficits deadlifts felt great
    5. Deadlift ladder .. I should have got up to maybe 175kg again but my ass was sore

Yeah buddy, spreading the word! I love it.... such an awesome exercise!

Great work here Andrew. Grazy amount of pulling, no wonder you were tired! Awesome follow up with the dead hang pullups, those must have been brutal after the heavy deads.

GHRs, Pendlays, Deadlift Ladder... way to kill it!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Ryou ... I've been trying to increase the workload and the extra fitness this year is helping me to do it. The volume on those squats was deadly because the rest times were about a minute between sets. 72 hours later now and I still have DOMS in my teardrops

Yeah Ireland for two weeks visiting the outlaws and then a week skiing in France .. sharing a chalet with some friends from home. I wanted to have my 6 pak back for the post skiing champagne in the spa

Thanks Sean ..

It's great that things are picking up business wise. With your own training: having done the yoga and cardio will give you a strong core and fitness base to build upon for that 100 day challenge. I assume that the pyriformis and back are behaving themselves now

Sunday 22nd December 2013

170.5lbs ... ate way too much last night

RPM/HIIT cycle class

50 minutes

bench and tris

Bench press
    6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 x 60kg (132lbs)

UH triceps extensions .. Ben P dropset
    14/14/14 x 40lbs
    14/14/14 x 50lbs
    14/14/14 x 40lbs

25 minutes

We had 6 other couples over for dinner last night ... a huge cheese platter for starters and then roast fillet beef on the BBQ and a whole lot of Greek desserts. Way too much food and drink ... cut be damned
    This morning was a penance session with the weekly cardio/HITT cycle class to make recompense for last night. I was conscious that I'm going to need to up the cardio fitness for the skiing as well
    After I did a little bit of benching .. I'm going to try to keep up the BB work and see if I can make slow progress again. No doubt about it .. that Ben P triceps extension work is a great way to pump the tris .... inspired by Exane

super jealous

glad you had a great time at the party though

wednesday... there will be food!
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

Page 250 of 309 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast