Page 175 of 309 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 9252
    Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wednesday bumped

13th February 2013

167lbs

Arms

EZ bar curl Tempo 5:2:5
    8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 40kg (88lbs)
    slow and strict

Triceps cable push-downs
    12 x 120lbs ....... 12 x 90lbs ....... 14 x 60lbs ....... 25 x 30lbs drop set ...... 60 second rest
    10 x 120lbs ....... 12 x 90lbs ....... 12 x 60lbs ....... 20 x 30lbs drop set ...... 60 second rest
    7 x 120lbs ........ 10 x 90lbs ....... 14 x 60lbs ....... 24 x 30lbs drop set ...... 60 second rest
    Very strict. Triceps were painful

Poundstone curls
    24, 20, 18
    30 second rest between sets
    I couldn't hold the bar afterwards!

Straight arm lat pull-downs
    12 x 160lbs
    8, 7, 7 x 180lbs
    Triceps and lats

40 minutes

Another 3 hour sleep last night and I took a while to get moving after the alarm went off. I only had time for a short session so I went straight in and took very little rest between sets. All the reps were very tight form-wise and every rep counted. My arms felt painful with the pump to the point that I couldn't carry the bar back to the rack after the poundstones. Sometimes the focus needed for a short session pays off --- it was my best arm day for a long time

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    St. Louis ... do not want!

Nice arm day Andrew. Not surprised you could barely carry the bar. That was quite a bit of work packed into a short time
    I understand that the Midwest is famous for it's ..... ahem ..... girls. You slap them on the thigh and roll in on the wave I hear

And I've been a bit soft on arm day lately --- I should try to make sure I get to the 'can't hold the bar anymore' stage, every time!

And today:

14th February 2013

PT core session --- the F@cker didn't turn up!

I had a terrible night last night. I was 'on-call' which I do every Wednesday night --- after having only 4 hours sleep on Monday night and 3 hours on Tuesday night I was hoping to have a quiet Wednesday. The day starts at 8am and we had complications in theatre (or OR as the North Americans like to call it) so I finished up at 7pm. I walked to my car, just turned on the ignition and the phone rang ..... an urgent ruptured thoracic aneurysm in a 54 year old. My heart sank .....this is an 8-10 hour operation (plus it's what was the potential problem for myself when I had the heart valve and Aorta problems 'diagnosed' last year.
    Anyway, I left the hospital and got home at 4am, slept 1.5 hours, woke up at 5:45am and drove to my regular scheduled PT session starting at 6:30am.
    I got in the door, and the receptionist said : "didn't you see the text?". The PT had rung in sick and they texted me at 6am

F@ck that!

Cliffs:
    1. Sleep deprived to start
    2. Worked all night on an emergency, no food since lunch time, home at 4am
    3. Sleep 1.5 hours
    4. Get up at 5:45am, take 2 scoops of 1,3 DMAA PWO and drive to PT session
    5. PT 'sick'
    6. Drive home angry, hungry, sleepy, and wired up

I have my deadlift session scheduled for this afternoon at 2pm -- hopefully I'll get to catch some sleep before then. Today should be about accessory work!
    I'm still f@cking angry though

"Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow that has just gotta suck! I don't know how you guys handle working in such sleep deprived situations and you're probably the only nut who wants to go lift after that!

And actually the girls that went to St. Louis for Mardi Gras were super hot (remember its a huge college event so its not locals which are ugly as sin). So girls from University of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, and even as far away as Virgina were all in town.
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a great arm session!
    Intense and to the point.
    Pump was definitely achieved. Nice poundstones.

That's a ridiculous sleep schedule.
    Not sure what keeps you going.

The PT cancelling would put me over the top. Especially if I had woken up at 5:45 for that session.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I had a terrible night last night. I was 'on-call' which I do every Wednesday night --- after having only 4 hours sleep on Monday night and 3 hours on Tuesday night I was hoping to have a quiet Wednesday. The day starts at 8am and we had complications in theatre (or OR as the North Americans like to call it) so I finished up at 7pm. I walked to my car, just turned on the ignition and the phone rang ..... an urgent ruptured thoracic aneurysm in a 54 year old. My heart sank .....this is an 8-10 hour operation (plus it's what was the potential problem for myself when I had the heart valve and Aorta problems 'diagnosed' last year.
    Anyway, I left the hospital and got home at 4am, slept 1.5 hours, woke up at 5:45am and drove to my regular scheduled PT session starting at 6:30am.
    I got in the door, and the receptionist said : "didn't you see the text?". The PT had rung in sick and they texted me at 6am

F@ck that!

Cliffs:
    1. Sleep deprived to start
    2. Worked all night on an emergency, no food since lunch time, home at 4am
    3. Sleep 1.5 hours
    4. Get up at 5:45am, take 2 scoops of 1,3 DMAA PWO and drive to PT session
    5. PT 'sick'
    6. Drive home angry, hungry, sleepy, and wired up

I have my deadlift session scheduled for this afternoon at 2pm -- hopefully I'll get to catch some sleep before then. Today should be about accessory work!
    I'm still f@cking angry though[/center]

suuuucks bro

should have let the dark side take over and force choked some huge deadlifts right there

hope youre getting some rest now
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Wow that has just gotta suck! I don't know how you guys handle working in such sleep deprived situations and you're probably the only nut who wants to go lift after that!
    I've been used to being on call and having to get up in the middle of the night and work at full throttle since 1985 (seriously). It takes a lot more out of me now and it really messes with my diet .... in the middle of the night you just start foraging ..... but it is one of the reasons I get well paid and get good holidays, so there is a payback. As for lifting --- if I didn't lift when I felt tired, I would never get to the gym....ever!

And actually the girls that went to St. Louis for Mardi Gras were super hot (remember its a huge college event so its not locals which are ugly as sin). So girls from University of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, and even as far away as Virgina were all in town.
    So it was really was party time!

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    That's a great arm session!
    Intense and to the point.
    Pump was definitely achieved. Nice poundstones.
    Thanks Tom! My target should be to get back to 17" bis --- at my size they look huge. I used to be there with a pump and nearly 16.75" cold, but that was sort of hit by the LHB tendon ruptures and tenodeses. I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was. We should plan on getting to 18" and 17" respectively

That's a ridiculous sleep schedule.
    Not sure what keeps you going.
    It's the caffeine ............ OK, and the holidays and money are good

The PT cancelling would put me over the top. Especially if I had woken up at 5:45 for that session.
    I can accept that the PT is 'sick', but what gets me is that if I had rung in, I would have just lost that session .... no, 'OK, you'll have to reschedule it within a week or lose it' or 'we can offer you a session with Scott', it was: 'we can offer you a session with Scott, but Scott is an exercise physiologist so he will cost you extra'! Howdafuk is that looking after a customer!
    Rant over!

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    suuuucks bro

should have let the dark side take over and force choked some huge deadlifts right there
    So you're saying I should have channelled .....

hope youre getting some rest now
    2.5 hours sleep and then had the deadlift session with my other PT

14th February 2013

167lbs

Accessory work for the deads

OH squats
    12 x 30kg
    12 x 40kg
    12 x 50kg
    Superset with
    Good mornings

12 x 30kg
    12 x 40kg
    12 x 50kg
    Going deep with core control
    Lower back stability

Rack pulls From below knee
    5 x 90kg
    5 x 110kg
    5, 5, 5 x 120kg
    Superset with
    Ring rows - feet on a box

12, 12, 12 x BW
    Strength and form for lockout
    Lats strength

Yates rows
    12 x 60kg
    10 x 80kg
    8 x 90kg
    Superset with
    Prone incline KB rows

12, 12, 12 x 24kg/52lb kettles

Single leg deadifts
    12, 12, 12 each leg x 60kg
    Really challenging with the oly bar and weights

Kettle bell swings
    15, 15, 15 x 32kg/70lb kettle
    Speed and form for driving the lockout

Thoracic rotations

Stretching glutes, hammies, lats and triceps

60 minutes

I've forgotten one superset but I hope it will come to me (I call it a CRAFT moment .....Can't Remember a F...ing Thing)
    I finally got to bed at 10:30 am after taking a Stilnox/******, but then woke up with the alarm after 2.5 hours so I could get to this session at 2pm. I felt like sh!t getting up but I enjoyed the session.

We had agreed that we wouldn't do any deads this time but would work on the accessory exercises and I could do deads in my own time
    I nearly fell over when I tried to OH squat --- I was so stiff and unco after having just woken up. I did warm up to it, and the last set with the 50kg was the best by far --- full depth and good control
    It is funny though ..... if I unrack the bar in a back BB position I have to do a push press to get the bar over my head (I just can't originate a press with my shoulders). Every time I tried to do it today I pushed the bar straight into the back of my head. It hurt but we had to laugh cos I looked so stupid.

Rack pulls are very good practice for me. The bar here was only about 2" above where the bar would be for deadlifting so I got good practice at locking out . Nothing heavy
    BO rows were very strict and the Prone incline KB rows felt good. Rowing is a strength for me though
    Single legged DLs with a BB were very difficult. I'm used to doing these with DBs or KBs and the BB makes it much more obvious when you rotate through the hips. Hard for the lower back and glutes

All in all a very good session and I'm much happier without feeling under pressure to start with deads. The plan is to keep on with the accessory work and get the form nailed in again before we go back to proper heavy deads

I'm still p!ssed with what happened this morning

Last edited by fittofattofit; 02-14-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh man ... I'd be all like

if I had your morning ....

Not a bad session this afternoon though man!
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn that morning sounds like sh*t did they pay your fee for cancelling?

OH squats are tough nice work today on such little sleep ha
    My “training logâ€
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent PT session, doc.
    Some really nice & tough movements in there.
    Rack Pulls sound pretty low. That's great as there will be lots of carry over to deadlifts.
    Great work.

lol @ CRAFT moment.
    Will use that in the future.

Thanks Tom! My target should be to get back to 17" bis --- at my size they look huge. I used to be there with a pump and nearly 16.75" cold, but that was sort of hit by the LHB tendon ruptures and tenodeses. I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was. We should plan on getting to 18" and 17" respectively

I can accept that the PT is 'sick', but what gets me is that if I had rung in, I would have just lost that session .... no, 'OK, you'll have to reschedule it within a week or lose it' or 'we can offer you a session with Scott', it was: 'we can offer you a session with Scott, but Scott is an exercise physiologist so he will cost you extra'! Howdafuk is that looking after a customer!
    Rant over!
    That sounds like a deal (regarding the bicep sizes).
    I think you're closer to 17 than I am to 18. But I will hit them hard over the next 3 months so we'll see how that goes.
    Your arms already look pretty juicy. You add another .5" and you're good to go.

Scott can go fuk himself. (No offense to Scott)
    You're right in being pissed about all that. They should've been more accommodating.

Oh man ... I'd be all like

if I had your morning ....
    To use some good old Aussie slang....I was spewing!

Not a bad session this afternoon though man!
    Thanks Michael .... I like doing the accessory stuff and he makes me work hard. Not starting with the deads has helped reduce my 'performance anxiety' , so hopefully I'll start getting some decent deads again on the way to repeating the 4pps pull

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Damn that morning sounds like sh*t did they pay your fee for cancelling?
    No! In theory I should receive a free session, but I don't trust them to do the paperwork properly
    The problem is that I'm so f@cking busy that I hate having to chase up things like this

OH squats are tough nice work today on such little sleep ha
    The OH squats are a bit comical for me. There's me, walking out from under the bar in the rack, doing a BTN push press to get the bar overhead and smashing the back of my head every time. Then there's me holding the bar in a very wide snatch grip so that I can get my shoulders into some type of external rotation. When the squat starts I have to keep absoultely tight through the core and hips because if that bar starts to fall forward I have to dump it!

Excellent PT session, doc.
    Some really nice & tough movements in there.
    Rack Pulls sound pretty low. That's great as there will be lots of carry over to deadlifts.
    Great work.

lol @ CRAFT moment.
    Will use that in the future.
    Thanks Tom!

That sounds like a deal (regarding the bicep sizes).
    I think you're closer to 17 than I am to 18. But I will hit them hard over the next 3 months so we'll see how that goes.
    Your arms already look pretty juicy. You add another .5" and you're good to go.
    Nah ..... I reckon my arms are shrinking at the moment so I've got to up the workrate as well. We'll have to have an on-line 'gun show'

Scott can go fuk himself. (No offense to Scott)
    You're right in being pissed about all that. They should've been more accommodating.
    That was my thought ..... I will rephrase that in any written correspondence with them however

Last night my wife and I went out for a Valentine's Day dinner - Thai food and a bottle of wine. Didn't do too much good for the diet
    This was the 20th anniversary of our engagement, so a bit of a special one

Unfortunately I couldn't get to sleep until midnight, woke up again at 2, was awake until 4:30 and then up again at 7am. I just couldn't drag myself to the gym this morning so it might even turn into a rest day. Hopefully my sleep will start to get back in order tonight --- that's the killer about doing an all-nighter at work: it's the way it messes up your sleep for the next week. I'll probably just be getting right by next Friday, and then I'll be messing it all up again by travelling to the states!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Andrew - I've been unable to comment for a while, but your arms are real strong Andrew.

Your lifts are SUPER impressive with as little sleep as you've been getting. I don't know how you do it. Lol. Great accessory work for your deads as well!

Wheres the deficit deadlifts? I thought you were going to be doing them!!! lol, I bet your PT will probably have you do them soon. Whens the Deadlift session coming?
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

PSN ID: I_M-th3-b3ast

Playing Skyrim

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    Andrew - I've been unable to comment for a while, but your arms are real strong Andrew.

Your lifts are SUPER impressive with as little sleep as you've been getting. I don't know how you do it. Lol. Great accessory work for your deads as well!
    thanks Musid .... I'm looking forward to just having a long time without injury where I can focus on getting my squats up and my deads happening again

Wheres the deficit deadlifts? I thought you were going to be doing them!!! lol, I bet your PT will probably have you do them soon. Whens the Deadlift session coming?

[b]12th February 2013

Deficit Deadlifts 6" deficit
    10, 10, 10, 6 x 60kg (132lbs)
    Felt good
    Took a chunk out of my shins

After the squats I did some deficit deadlifts from a 6" step. The bar actually rests on the top of my foot so this was a good deep starting point. I concentrated on keeping my head and chest up and it all felt good. I stopped after 6 reps on the 4th set because I managed to take a big chunk out of me shin! Bad, but good

^^^^^^^^^^
    I did deficit deads on Saturday in my own time and I really enjoyed them --- only light with the 135lbs but I still managed to take a chunk out of my shins

Mirin' the progression in your deads lately and your form on those 340s looked excellent!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks Musid .... I'm looking forward to just having a long time without injury where I can focus on getting my squats up and my deads happening again

^^^^^^^^^^
    I did deficit deads on Saturday in my own time and I really enjoyed them --- only light with the 135lbs but I still managed to take a chunk out of my shins

Mirin' the progression in your deads lately and your form on those 340s looked excellent!
    OHHHH I was looking on "accessory for DLs day," lol...dumb moment.

Thanks! Race to a four plate squat!!!
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

Playing Skyrim

OHHHH I was looking on "accessory for DLs day," lol...dumb moment.

Thanks! Race to a four plate squat!!!
    I've still got to get a 3 plate squat

15th February 2013

Box squats

169lbs

Box squats
    10 x bar
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    6 x 80kg (176lbs)
    3 x 90kg (198lbs)
    3, 3, 3 x 100kg (220lbs)
    3, 3, 3 x 105kg (231lbs)
    Slow down, pause, slow up
    Concentrated on keeping the core and lower back tight

Calf 'raises' on the horizontal leg press Tempo
    20, 20, 18, 16 x 200lbs
    Painful pump

CGBP Tempo
    8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 60kg (132lbs)

Roman chair sit-ups
    20, 20, 20

50 minutes

After my night and day being f@cked up yesterday I managed to get about 4 hours sleep and then just couldn't wake up for the gym. I finished work early however, so being a gym tragic, I managed a late afternoon session
    My glutes were sore to start with after yesterday's 'accessory' session, but my legs felt OK so did some box squats and just worked on going slow and deep and trying to really keep my lower back and core tight. It felt good and I bumped the weight slightly

I'm planning on rows tomorrow morning, then my wife and I are abandoning the terrorists (ie teenage daughters) and spending a night away with some friends at their beach house! Lots of food, wine and good company ..... believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel after children!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow...being done at 7pm and then getting a call for an 8-10hr operation is rough. IMO on days that you get very little sleep (2-4hrs) and feel run down waking up, make that day an off day. If its a PT session go and explain that you just need a high rep light day due to sleep. I think your true strength will show up once (over time) you're not burning yourself out when you're already tired. That would also cause lots of mental fatigue/loss of motivation (happened to me before).

You're very strong even when tired..imagine how much you will lift with more rest.

I just changed up the routine a bit, added deadlifts to day 4 and some arm work. Otherwise it's the same.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have fun at the beach house. take a rest day you have been going hard lately.

Good work on the Box squats it all helps build that dead number
    My “training logâ€
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

Originally Posted by JRemix View Post
    Wow...being done at 7pm and then getting a call for an 8-10hr operation is rough. IMO on days that you get very little sleep (2-4hrs) and feel run down waking up, make that day an off day. If its a PT session go and explain that you just need a high rep light day due to sleep. I think your true strength will show up once (over time) you're not burning yourself out when you're already tired. That would also cause lots of mental fatigue/loss of motivation (happened to me before).

You're very strong even when tired..imagine how much you will lift with more rest.

I just changed up the routine a bit, added deadlifts to day 4 and some arm work. Otherwise it's the same.
    Thanks J .... being up like that and having your sleep f@cked around hits yiur test and energy levels, and for me, kills my eating habits. I still try to train though because it forces me to keep some regularity when the rest of my life can be totally irregular for reasons beyond my control. It would be cool to have a few months where I could just train, sleep and eat

God idea adding the deads. You'll be repping more than me soon

have fun at the beach house. take a rest day you have been going hard lately.

Good work on the Box squats it all helps build that dead number
    Thanks Raigs .... I'm looking forward to it (plus getting away form the kids). It's a beautiful day here at the moment> Sunday will be a day of rest!

16th February 2013

Pull-ups/back

168lbs

Wide Grip Pull-ups 10 minute challenge
    10, 7, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Total 85 reps
    Dead hang to chin over bar

Deadlifts
    10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    Just working on keeping that head and chest up

Seated cable rows
    8, 8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    I seem to have lost a lot of strength on this

UH lat pull-downs Tempo 5:2:5
    10 x 160lbs
    8 x 180lbs
    6, 6, 6, 6 x 200lbs
    12 x 160lbs
    Lats getting hit

Reverse pec deck rear delt flyes Tempo 5:2:5
    8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 120lbs
    rear delts pumped

BW lunges, squats and stretches throughout

60 minutes

I wanted to do the usual rowing session with heavy Yates/Pendlays etc but the rack was taken. Decided to do the 'pull-up challenge'. 85 reps this time; 80 last time, so it's getting better, and most reps were good --- slow and full range, and very little kipping
    I did some deadlifts then, keeping it light and just working to get my head and chest up
    A few rows and RDFs in a relatively quick session for a Saturday

A back pic from today -- I'm definitely on a 'dreamer cut'

I've been trying to cut for about 3 months now, but circumstances have conspired against me. (I know .... it's will power). I want that definition.
    Note to self: I must try harder!

Today we drive off to the beach to stay with some friends. Plenty of wine, beer, BBQ and sun
    Sunday will be a rare day of rest, plus it's my dad's 75th birthday, so a little more beer and BBQ.
    It looks like the 'cut' restarts on Monday

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    congrats on the 20th anniversary and your dads birthday

strong squats the other day

PLUS

85 pullups and 60 reps of 225 deads!

you kicked this one into orbit!
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

I'm planning on rows tomorrow morning, then my wife and I are abandoning the terrorists (ie teenage daughters) and spending a night away with some friends at their beach house! Lots of food, wine and good company ..... believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel after children!
    LOL at the light at the end of the tunnel... and the "terrorists!" You crack me up!

I told you you'd be at your goal in no time with the pull up challenge!

Cuts definitely not going bad by any means your back i hyooge!

Have fun at the beach! Put those cals to good use Monday!
    My log

Playing Skyrim

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL at the dreamer cut comments haha, so you finally crashed and weren't able to hit the gym? What kind of diet are your currently running, or are you going YOLO?
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks J .... being up like that and having your sleep f@cked around hits yiur test and energy levels, and for me, kills my eating habits. I still try to train though because it forces me to keep some regularity when the rest of my life can be totally irregular for reasons beyond my control. It would be cool to have a few months where I could just train, sleep and eat

God idea adding the deads. You'll be repping more than me soon

Thanks Raigs .... I'm looking forward to it (plus getting away form the kids). It's a beautiful day here at the moment> Sunday will be a day of rest!

16th February 2013

Pull-ups/back

168lbs

Wide Grip Pull-ups 10 minute challenge
    10, 7, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Total 85 reps
    Dead hang to chin over bar

Deadlifts
    10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    Just working on keeping that head and chest up

Seated cable rows
    8, 8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    I seem to have lost a lot of strength on this

UH lat pull-downs Tempo 5:2:5
    10 x 160lbs
    8 x 180lbs
    6, 6, 6, 6 x 200lbs
    12 x 160lbs
    Lats getting hit

Reverse pec deck rear delt flyes Tempo 5:2:5
    8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x 120lbs
    rear delts pumped

BW lunges, squats and stretches throughout

60 minutes

I wanted to do the usual rowing session with heavy Yates/Pendlays etc but the rack was taken. Decided to do the 'pull-up challenge'. 85 reps this time; 80 last time, so it's getting better, and most reps were good --- slow and full range, and very little kipping
    I did some deadlifts then, keeping it light and just working to get my head and chest up
    A few rows and RDFs in a relatively quick session for a Saturday

A back pic from today -- I'm definitely on a 'dreamer cut'

I've been trying to cut for about 3 months now, but circumstances have conspired against me. (I know .... it's will power). I want that definition.
    Note to self: I must try harder!

Today we drive off to the beach to stay with some friends. Plenty of wine, beer, BBQ and sun
    Sunday will be a rare day of rest, plus it's my dad's 75th birthday, so a little more beer and BBQ.
    It looks like the 'cut' restarts on Monday

Andrew, your waist is getting slimmer too
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

LOL at the dreamer cut comments haha, so you finally crashed and weren't able to hit the gym? What kind of diet are your currently running, or are you going YOLO?
    lol at YOLO. RBs got some funny opinions and experiences on that.
    My log

Playing Skyrim

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Back development is good and the 220 deads for almost 60 reps is insane! Once you get leaner your back will look like a Christmas tree lol.

Yeah I'm liking this new routine, I find I grow best on a mix of hypertrophy reps (8-12)/hitting body parts 2x a week and incorporating powerlifting strength work (3-5 sets of 3-5 reps) on the big compound movements on one of the other days of upper/lower body. The strength work isn't excessive (I do way more muscle growth hypertrophy reps than strength emphasis) but is just enough to really help me get MUCH stronger over time in the higher rep range...and a lot faster than I would with pure hypertrophy every day of the week.

I'm going to try to pull 295-300lbsx3 on sunday or Monday for the deadlift.
    Last edited by JRemix; 02-15-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Back development is good and the 220 deads for almost 60 reps is insane! Once you get leaner your back will look like a Christmas tree lol.

Yeah I'm liking this new routine, I find I grow best on a mix of hypertrophy reps (8-12)/hitting body parts 2x a week and incorporating powerlifting strength work (3-5 sets of 3-5 reps) on the big compound movements on one of the other days of upper/lower body. The strength work isn't excessive (I do way more muscle growth hypertrophy reps than strength emphasis) but is just enough to really help me get MUCH stronger over time in the higher rep range...and a lot faster than I would with pure hypertrophy every day of the week.

Sounds like you're on PHAT great program
    My log

Playing Skyrim

Current circumstances don't seem to be conducive for cutting.
    I would just try to maintain and after you get back from the US, then go for it.

Great squats the other day and solid back session.
    Awesome number on the pull ups! Nice deadlift work. I think that will really pay off.

You still look pretty good in the pic.
    If you put in a good consistent cutting effort for a few weeks, you'd be good to go.

Sounds like you're on PHAT great program
    I used to do laynes template for phat but it was far too much volume. The idea behind it of power/hyper is what I took from that. Now I'm on 3DMJ (berto's) full body routine for beginning intermediates. All of his programs incorporate low rep powerlifting work on the heavy compounds with a mix of normal hypertrophy reps on isolations/lighter days.

Once I gain another 15lbs+ of muscle I'll switch over to 3dmj's upper/lower split which has even more power/low rep focus.

I used to do laynes template for phat but it was far too much volume. The idea behind it of power/hyper is what I took from that. Now I'm on 3DMJ (berto's) full body routine for beginning intermediates. All of his programs incorporate low rep powerlifting work on the heavy compounds with a mix of normal hypertrophy reps on isolations/lighter days.

Once I gain another 15lbs+ of muscle I'll switch over to 3dmj's upper/lower split which has even more power/low rep focus.
    Hmm sounds interesting ill have to check it out. I've heard a lot of great things about this guy lately
    My log

Playing Skyrim

Hmm sounds interesting ill have to check it out. I've heard a lot of great things about this guy lately
    I am doing bertos beginning intermediate routine. I posted that one in my journal (link in sig).

You probably would benefit more from his/3dmj's upper lower split. Here it is:

Day 1 upper light

DB incline 4-6x6-10
    DB row 2-3x6-10
    OHP 2-3x6-10
    Flies 2x12-15
    Tricep ext. 2-3x12-15
    Bb curl 2x12-15

Day 2 lower heavy

Keep 1-2 reps in tank

Squat 3-5x3-5
    Deadlift 3-5x3-5
    Leg curl 2x6-10
    Calve raise 4-6x6-10

Day 3 upper heavy

BB bench 3-5x3-5
    DB row 3-5x6-8
    Chest press HS 2-3x6-8
    Lat pulldown 2x8-12
    Lateral raises 2x8-12

Day 4 lower light

Squat 4-6x8-12
    Single leg work 2-3x6-10
    Calf 4-6x6-10
    Leg press 2x12-15
    Calf 2x6-10
    Leg ext 2-3x12-15
    Leg curl 2x12-15

Day 5 is for advanced intermediates if you have lagging body parts do 6 sets for that and thats it. Optional.

congrats on the 20th anniversary and your dads birthday
    Thanks Ryou ... with work on top, it's been a busy week

strong squats the other day

PLUS

85 pullups and 60 reps of 225 deads!

you kicked this one into orbit!
    I'd like a little more of that Ryou strength, but it felt like I was working at least!

LOL at the light at the end of the tunnel... and the "terrorists!" You crack me up!

I told you you'd be at your goal in no time with the pull up challenge!

Cuts definitely not going bad by any means your back i hyooge!

Have fun at the beach! Put those cals to good use Monday!
    Thanks Musid! Those last 15 reps will be much harder to come by. I think that I have lost some thickness in my back and shoulders but working n the pulls should help correct that

Unfortunately it is a "YOLO" diet
    I hate counting calories but I know that I'm going to have to do it strictly to get on track. Realistically, the diet will have to wait until I'm back from the states in about 3 weeks

Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    Andrew, your waist is getting slimmer too
    Thanks Alex .... my waist is slimmer than it was after coming back from Christmas in Ireland, but I'm really only the same weight I was in November so I feel guilty that I let myself get too loose on the food and drink and porked out so much in January

lol at YOLO. RBs got some funny opinions and experiences on that.
    I like the description of a 'YOLO' diet as well

Thanks J. Good luck with those pulls --- you'll be looking at repping 2.5 x BW in a week or two. That will be impressive

Current circumstances don't seem to be conducive for cutting.
    I would just try to maintain and after you get back from the US, then go for it.
    I suppose I should face up to reality that I'm going to be eating and drinking in Jackson and Vail

Great squats the other day and solid back session.
    Awesome number on the pull ups! Nice deadlift work. I think that will really pay off.

You still look pretty good in the pic.
    If you put in a good consistent cutting effort for a few weeks, you'd be good to go.
    Thanks Tom! The downside of skiing for 2 weeks will be that I won't get any lifting in. It will probably take another couple of weeks to get back into a good routine but I'm planning on having to count calories for about 8 weeks .... sigh

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

16th and 17th February

Victor Harbor

My wife and I abandoned the children and stayed with my cousin and her husband for the night. Victor is a beach-side resort 50 miles from the city. We went on a dinghy trip to some islands off the coast ..... a beautiful day: 30ºC; nice sea breeze; crystal clear water. We got up close to a seal colony where they were hooping and jumping out of the water and we were accompanied by a pod of about 20 dolphins which were trying to race the boat. 90 minutes total on the water and had a fantastic time. We had some drinks after and then went out for a big meal with oysters, steak and wine! Just an awesome day!
    Sunday morning we went for a swim at the beach .... my first time swimming since my first shoulder reconstruction which was exactly 3 years ago on Friday (15th Feb 2010)

A few pics:

The team!

The seals ... there were a few sealions as well (they are big b@stards!)

We were only about 20 feet away -- I was just pointing the iphone on the general direction for the pics

The dolphins

I'm always happy to see them ... they are supposed to keep the sharks away (or maybe that's just a myth I picked up from watching 'Flipper' as a kid )

The sea cliffs. Just the 4 of us on the boat and the surfer dude who runs the tour. I'll be giving this raps on Tripadvisor!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

That looks like soooooo much fun!

Im jealous! Its 11 degrees f by me

I should be going on a cruise after may and that would be awesome if i got to see some wildlife too lol!
    My log

Playing Skyrim

Page 175 of 309 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 ... LastLast