Page 167 of 309 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 9252
    AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by slytheslayer View Post
    looking good in here Andrew! Happy new year!

I hurt my back today doing deadlifts... heard a pop now i have some pain in my lower back.. looks like taking it easy for a while.
    lol good night sweet prince. suggest you go to a doctor soon.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Time to get Ripped! slytheslayer's Avatar
    slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    Haha thanks man.. We will see what happens in the morning. Good ol Army doctors arent really that good...
    Check out my GST workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138364783

Capsi-Blast Log (In Progress!)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153063391

Beta-cret and Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Beta-cret log Complete!)

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haha thanks man.. We will see what happens in the morning. Good ol Army doctors arent really that good...
    Play it safe man. Where abouts is the pain? I did something similar not to long ago, sans the snaping sound. stay away from most unsuported bending of thr spine haha

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sh!tty chest day bumped

3rd January 2013
    Crunch Gym, Dun Laoghaire, S. Co. Dublin

176lbs

Chest/shoulders

Close grip bench press
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    6 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 65kg (143lbs)
    4, 4, 4 x 67.5kg (150lbs)
    5 x 65kg (143lbs)
    All slow and strict

DB presses
    12, 12, 10, 8, 8 x 44lbs
    Keeping it very strict and light

DB Pull-overs
    15, 13, 12, 10, 10 x 44lbs

Poundstone curls
    20, 20, 15, 12, 12

Machine shoulder presses
    15, 15, 15, 15 reps

60 minutes

I was going to do legs today, but I thought better of it following on from deads on the 1st and rack-pulls yesterday. My lower back is a little tired but my glutes are still screaming (in a good way)
    Today was just a leisurely chest session. I was looking for a pec deck but to no avail. I did DB presses again --- the second time in 3 years going very light and I could still feel failure setting in. I always feel like such a pussy on chest day
    I threw in the poundstones just to kill some time

Pic of me performing a cardinal sin ....... curling in the squat rack

Tomorrow the plan is for legs, then deads/back on Saturday, and then it's flying from Dublin to Geneva and then hitting the snow in Courchevel on Monday!

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    Arms are looking thick in that picture Andrew!

And I'll just leave this here

JK. Enjoy the snow!
    Thanks!
    I felt guilty because the rack is in this room on it's own with a bench and I'd had the place totally to myself ...... the moment I picked up the oly bar to start curling in the rack two guys came in

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Curling in the squat rack? you son of a bish....
    I confess ...... I have broken a cardinal rule of gym etiquette

Nice to see some rack pulls they are always fun! And it's a good alternative to the dead lifts.

Shame about the chest days. I feel the same way too... The slightest breeze feels dangerous on chest day.
    Thanks Corey, and I really enjoyed the rack pulls....... mind you 200kg felt really heavy in my hands although my back was Ok with it. I don't know how you can manage to hang on to a 300kg bar
    I want to include them regularly but I'll have to play with the set-up in my gym back in Aus

And my chest day is always hard for me --- I'm not making headway with the benching and my shoulders are a bit sore today (joint sore rather than muscle sore)

looking good in here Andrew! Happy new year!

I hurt my back today doing deadlifts... heard a pop now i have some pain in my lower back.. looks like taking it easy for a while.
    Good to see you Chris and a Happy New Year!
    'Pop' sounds like a facet joint. Rest and ibuprofen is my prescription. That will be $50 please
    Hopefully your back will settle soon with a bit of rest and you'll avoid those army doctors
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Slick set of arms you're rocking there bud!

I see what you did on the finisher to the heavy deadlift day. Yep, I'm miring those pullovers and push ups.

Looks like you and the family enjoyed the skating. Solid crew there!

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    This! Fit your arms are looking solid.

Thats some great CGBP numbers as well.
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work on the rack pulls there, doc.
    I've been wanting to try those myself.

Chest/Shoulder day?
    Not something I would expect to find in this log.
    Nice session, though. Plenty of work to work the pecs and delts.
    Mirin the squat rack curling picture. Arms looking juicy while breaking a serious gym rule.

Enjoy the upcoming ski expedition. Sounds like it's going to be great.

PS: Now I feel like a really bad Canadian. We have an Aussie here that not only skis extensively, but also ice skates.
    I can't do either.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Time to get Ripped! slytheslayer's Avatar
    slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slytheslayer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks AirforceV and Andrew,

Today actually just a little sore, spent about an hour and a half on the foam roller last night, and was curious as to how I would feel this morning.. Little stuff, little sore but not bad actually, think it was more of my back popping like if you stretch and maybe a strained muscle.. It's to the right of my spine on the lower back about an inch or two from the spine.

It doesn't feel horrible, and I'm def gonna stay away from unsupported stuff to be safe, and might just take a few days off as well.
    Check out my GST workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138364783

Capsi-Blast Log (In Progress!)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153063391

Beta-cret and Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Gluta-Tren log (Complete!)
    Beta-cret log Complete!)

Today actually just a little sore, spent about an hour and a half on the foam roller last night, and was curious as to how I would feel this morning.. Little stuff, little sore but not bad actually, think it was more of my back popping like if you stretch and maybe a strained muscle.. It's to the right of my spine on the lower back about an inch or two from the spine.

It doesn't feel horrible, and I'm def gonna stay away from unsupported stuff to be safe, and might just take a few days off as well.
    Went thru same as you. But a day or two later i could barely get out of bed or sleep due to the pain lol. Tons of ibuprofen and ice just to sleep! ive got a big pain threshold and this was up there haha. try some phimoris stretches theyvereally helped my recovery.

Lmao im not sure how i grip 300kg, my straps usually give out using double overhnd. I need better straps!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post

I see what you did on the finisher to the heavy deadlift day. Yep, I'm miring those pullovers and push ups.

Looks like you and the family enjoyed the skating. Solid crew there!
    Thanks Justin!
    And yeah ....... DB pull-overs/push-up superset ........ where'd I get that idea from
    And we had a great time skating, even though I had dreaded going there. I got to be the 'cool' uncle by taking all the cousins out

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    This! Fit your arms are looking solid.

Thats some great CGBP numbers as well.
    Thanks Raiger!

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    Nice work on the rack pulls there, doc.
    I've been wanting to try those myself.

Chest/Shoulder day?
    Not something I would expect to find in this log.
    Nice session, though. Plenty of work to work the pecs and delts.
    Mirin the squat rack curling picture. Arms looking juicy while breaking a serious gym rule.

Enjoy the upcoming ski expedition. Sounds like it's going to be great.

PS: Now I feel like a really bad Canadian. We have an Aussie here that not only skis extensively, but also ice skates.
    I can't do either.
    Thanks Tom! I may ski a lot, but I didn't say I ski well let's say that my ambitions exceed my abilities
    As for skating .... it wasn't pretty when I was sitting on the ice on my @rse

Good news Chris....if it's muscle, then just keep up with the stretching and foam rolling and gently ease back into the deads and squats!

4th January 2013

Crunch Gym, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland

Deconstructing my squat

176lbs

BB squats - oly bar - high bar position
    10 x bar
    10, 10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    10, 10 x 80kg (176lbs)
    8 x 90kg (198lbs)
    6, 6, 6 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5, 5, 5 x 110kg (242lbs)
    Started off feeling really sore and tight
    Last few sets felt good

Horizontal press calf raises
    20, 20, 20, 18 x 300lbs

Horizontal leg press
    15 x 200lbs
    10 x 300lbs
    10 x 360lbs
    6, 8, 8 x 400lbs
    13 x 300lbs
    Could hardly walk after this

BW lunges, squats and stretches

60 minutes

I nearly abandoned leg day today --- I had bad glute and quad DOMS this morning, worse today than yesterday, after the rack pulls. I've also got big bruises across the front of both thighs where I dragged the bar up my quads
    I started off feeling really tight through the glutes and it was actually painful to squat with the bar alone. I did a lot of stretching between sets and added weight and by the last set of squats I was feeling OK
    Horizontal leg presses were heavy and my legs nearly gave way on the last rep
    I kept it short today so I could take my parents-in-law out for lunch (I'm a good son-in-law )

And good news today from my 18yo daughter --- exam results came in and she got the 99.2 percentile for the state. We were all delighted for her
    She still has to get Uni offers which depend on interviews but it does open up a lot of choices for her

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    strong squats and leg press despite not feeling it

good news for your daughter. thats a pretty high score
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

Went thru same as you. But a day or two later i could barely get out of bed or sleep due to the pain lol. Tons of ibuprofen and ice just to sleep! ive got a big pain threshold and this was up there haha. try some phimoris stretches theyvereally helped my recovery.
    I did it a few hours before I got my 180kg deadlift, when I was doing some plank core work ---- I heard the pop and knew that I had dislocated a facet joint. I felt it pop back in. I was tight and a little bit sore but a few hours later I got a PR. The next day though I was in agony. Same deal for me.....ice, ibu plus a few tabs from my special stash
    That was 6 weeks ago and it's just starting to settle

Lmao im not sure how i grip 300kg, my straps usually give out using double overhnd. I need better straps!
    I'm OK with chalk and a mixed grip up to 200kg (I've never held a bar heavier than that), but I need the straps for a DOH once I get to 100kg for anything. My straps have started wearing smooth so I even chalk them up. Seeing you and Zach doing rack pulls with 700+ blows my mind

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post

Thanks Ryou ---- I'm planning on deads tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how tight I feel in the morning. It might not be the smartest thing to do given that I'll be hammering my legs and lower back in the snow for the next week

And it's great news for my daughter. She's still in Toulouse with the bf, but she'll be joining us in the snow on Monday and I'm really looking forward to seeing her

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This! 99.2 percent is awesome!
    My “training log”

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Am I doing leg press wrong (or not crazy deep...cause I do go pretty close to my chest) if I am doing 400lb leg press x 8 now at 126lbs? Cause youre obviously got a ton more muscle mass than I do. It's just a normal leg press machine you load up with plates. I have to pause for 2-3 seconds between reps after the 4th-5th rep to do it though (do rep, rest 2-3 sec, do another rep).

Squats I can do 145x9 (that was after tons of back work/compound upper stuff...so prob more fresh but I prefer deadlifts for my main leg movement - I usually do leg press instead of squats).

DB row is now at 80lb/DB curl at 30s (for 2 sets). Not as big as I got to last time before stopping but I figure another month and I'll be there.

This! 99.2 percent is awesome!
    Thanks Raigs --- I always tell her that she has her dad's brains and her mum's temper

......that always starts a fight

Originally Posted by JRemix View Post
    Am I doing leg press wrong (or not crazy deep...cause I do go pretty close to my chest) if I am doing 400lb leg press x 8 now at 126lbs? Cause youre obviously got a ton more muscle mass than I do. It's just a normal leg press machine you load up with plates. I have to pause for 2-3 seconds between reps after the 4th-5th rep to do it though (do rep, rest 2-3 sec, do another rep).

Squats I can do 145x9 (that was after tons of back work/compound upper stuff...so prob more fresh but I prefer deadlifts for my main leg movement - I usually do leg press instead of squats).

DB row is now at 80lb/DB curl at 30s (for 2 sets). Not as big as I got to last time before stopping but I figure another month and I'll be there.
    This one is a horizontal press

I was doing 800 x 10 on the 45ş angle leg press but I find that the horizontal one is much heavier pound-for-pound. If you think about it, because of the weight stack you are lifting that 400lbs directly against gravity, whereas with the angled press you are pushing at an angle to gravity
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shannon1.htm
    Squats are still the king maker for legs --- leg presses don't require you to use your core and hip stabilisers to the same extent.
    I prefer squats for mass, but IMO leg presses are a good exercise to follow when your core starts to get fatigued. I'd definitely advise to keep squats as your main leg exercise
    Nice work on those DB rows!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Thanks Raigs --- I always tell her that she has her dad's brains and her mum's temper

......that always starts a fight

This one is a horizontal press

I was doing 800 x 10 on the 45ş angle leg press but I find that the horizontal one is much heavier pound-for-pound. If you think about it, because of the weight stack you are lifting that 400lbs directly against gravity, whereas with the angled press you are pushing at an angle to gravity
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shannon1.htm
    Squats are still the king maker for legs --- leg presses don't require you to use your core and hip stabilisers to the same extent.
    I prefer squats for mass, but IMO leg presses are a good exercise to follow when your core starts to get fatigued. I'd definitely advise to keep squats as your main leg exercise
    Nice work on those DB rows!
    Wow you can do double my leg press (on the 45 degree one)! I am going to try bulking cycles (6-8 weeks) where my main lower movement is deadlifts then the next cycle do squats etc. I gotta practice proper form on squats a bit more. I practiced deadlift form for 2 weeks and form has improved a lot (I also lowered the weight so it's a real deadlift and not a SDDL since those are easier to do at heavier weights IMO).

Yeah strength keeps increasing but it's like even with all this progress I want to be jacked soon. I'm sure after 5 months of bulking I will look way different. It hasn't even been a month yet. The journey to get jacked is fun and it's awesome seeing lifts increase so often.
    Last edited by JRemix; 01-04-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Solid session regardless of DOMS.

They usually disappear as I get into more sets too.

And lol at barely being able to walk after that Leg press - TONS of weight...I love that feeling tho!
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

PSN ID: I_M-th3-b3ast

Playing Skyrim

Originally Posted by JRemix View Post
    Wow you can do double my leg press (on the 45 degree one)! I am going to try bulking cycles (6-8 weeks) where my main lower movement is deadlifts then the next cycle do squats etc. I gotta practice proper form on squats a bit more. I practiced deadlift form for 2 weeks and form has improved a lot (I also lowered the weight so it's a real deadlift and not a SDDL since those are easier to do at heavier weights IMO).

Yeah strength keeps increasing but it's like even with all this progress I want to be jacked soon. I'm sure after 5 months of bulking I will look way different. It hasn't even been a month yet. The journey to get jacked is fun and it's awesome seeing lifts increase so often.
    Good work J. Work at that squat form and the deads form and you'll make big gains

Solid session regardless of DOMS.

They usually disappear as I get into more sets too.

And lol at barely being able to walk after that Leg press - TONS of weight...I love that feeling tho!
    Thanks! I started with DOMS still today on the deads and I thought it was probably time to take it easy!
    By the time I'd done the squats and the leg presses I'd well and truly worn out my legs.

5th January 2013

Crunch Gym, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland

Just arms

176lbs

40 minutes

I was going to do deads today, but after squatting yesterday and the racks a few days ago, my legs were tired and my lower back was aching. Given that I'll be skiing form Monday I thought better of it and decided to take it easy.
    I just did some light weight curls, extensions and stretching --- nothing worthy of note, although it was 9 gym sessions in a row so I needed a break. I had a long soak in the spa and sauna

The other thing I did (stupidly) was accepted a challenge form my 15 yo nephew for an arm wrestle Not smart with my RC history. He kept standing and throwing his weight into it and I ended up with aggravating the tennis elbow that always lurks but has been absent for a year

Tomorrow morning is an early flight out of Dublin to Geneva, and then a 3 hour transfer to Courchevel.
    Skiing starts Monday! That's where my fitness will be sorted out

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ Good call on taking a de-load session.
    That way you're nice and fresh for the skiing.

Not a good call arm wrestling. ouch!
    I hope that turns out to be nothing.

Now for the important question: Did you win?
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    9 gym sesh is STATUS

watch those teens man... they go too far

have fun on your last day. hope theres no traffic

www.********.com/808FiT1

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ...did you curl in the squat rack again Andrew? Lol JK.

Musta had a great session if you still got DOMS through today! I love a good spa/sauna session.

I've been overdue for a massage, I just need to book it.

Have fun skiing!
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

Playing Skyrim

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    ^ Good call on taking a de-load session.
    That way you're nice and fresh for the skiing.

Not a good call arm wrestling. ouch!
    I hope that turns out to be nothing.

Now for the important question: Did you win?
    No but he was cheating
    He ended up standing up and leaning his whole weight against my arm. I resisted as long as I could before submitting

9 gym sesh is STATUS

watch those teens man... they go too far

have fun on your last day. hope theres no traffic

After 9 sessions without a break my knees, elbows and lower back were starting to bark --- right time for a deload!
    And have you been stalking --- that looks like my Mother-in-law

...did you curl in the squat rack again Andrew? Lol JK.

Musta had a great session if you still got DOMS through today! I love a good spa/sauna session.

I've been overdue for a massage, I just need to book it.

Have fun skiing!
    I didn't curl in the squat rack this time, just did a load of EZ bar and DB curls and a load of rope extensions. All light

6th January 2013

Dublin to Courchevel, France

Flew from Dublin to Geneva and arrived in Courchevel at about 1pm
    The chalet is in a great location high over the resort looking down the valley.
    Looking forward to hitting the snow tomorrow

Pics:
    The view from the living room

And Fireworks for the Russian New Year as seen from our balcony

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

great pics. looks like it was a blast

And have you been stalking --- that looks like my Mother-in-law
    ho ho ha ha
    www.********.com/808FiT1

That firework shot is incredible.

And I hear ya on the deload - I'm due for one too. I'm trying to push it off till right after my cut tho; I figure itd be a great little treat to eat at maintenance again and do a deload.
    My log

Playing Skyrim

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good idea on the deload man! AWESOME pictures!!!
    advertising not permitted

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow jealous of that view!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Flew from Dublin to Geneva and arrived in Courchevel at about 1pm
    The chalet is in a great location high over the resort looking down the valley.
    Looking forward to hitting the snow tomorrow

Pics:
    The view from the living room

And Fireworks for the Russian New Year as seen from our balcony
    [/center]
    Negged
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Wow Fit awesome views!
    My “training log”

great pics. looks like it was a blast
    I see what you did

That firework shot is incredible.

And I hear ya on the deload - I'm due for one too. I'm trying to push it off till right after my cut tho; I figure itd be a great little treat to eat at maintenance again and do a deload.
    One of theses days I'll have to do a proper cut into single figures, just so I can enjoy that rebound when I up the calories
    This week will be a deload for the upper body and back anyway and I'll be keeping up the cals

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    good idea on the deload man! AWESOME pictures!!!
    Thanks Alex!

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Wow jealous of that view!
    Thanks for dropping by PP. The view here is fantastic --- it's one of the things I love about skiing, and especially in the Alps. I've skied loads of places but the scenery in France is hard to beat, plus they get a lot of sunshine and clear skies
    I know you like skiing so I hope you'll get to hit the snow this season

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Negged
    Negged back when you go boarding in Canada

Wow Fit awesome views!
    Thanks Raigs! It was quite warm as well with no wind so you coud just sit on the chairs and enjoy the views

7th January 2013

Skiing --- Courchevel, France

Skiing today in beautiful sunshine, no wind, and plenty of snow
    I skied with an instructor in the morning and then with my wife and 15 yearold this afternoon.
    I took it leisurely today because I didn't want to make my usual mistake and trash my quads on day 1 so that I'm falling all over the place for the rest of the week.

The tracks today:

Distance covered ~ 35km
    Total descent 6,100metres
    Max speed 95.6km/h

Nothing world shattering, and it was all on or near piste, but I had a good day and my quads are 'gently' aching

We have our food catered for in the Chalet soI'm looking forward to a nice meal with vino, and then an early night (plus my 18yo arrives soon)

Just a pic form today on the slopes. My wife and the 15yo on the run into Courchevel

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    holy nice pics and a lot of skiing!

Page 167 of 309 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast