Page 149 of 309 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 9252
    CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another great session with the new PT.
    Lots of action for 60 minutes.
    A lot of kettle bell exercises and explosive movements.
    Those supersets look killer. That's one hell of a total body workout!

Ooh, next week should be good.
    Save yourself for that big PR.

Does his place have A/C? Sounds like he doesn't...
    That beach looks great. I could go for a 35 degree day at the beach.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    Another great session with the new PT.
    Lots of action for 60 minutes.
    A lot of kettle bell exercises and explosive movements.
    Those supersets look killer. That's one hell of a total body workout!

Ooh, next week should be good.
    Save yourself for that big PR.

Does his place have A/C? Sounds like he doesn't...
    That beach looks great. I could go for a 35 degree day at the beach.
    Thanks Tom!
    It was another great session and I was shagged again by the time I got home
    The gym is his garage - very solid but basically a tin shed with two fans but no AC!
    I also arrived without my tank top in my gym bag, so I had to borrow a custom printed tank from him --- it was drenched with sweat at the end. I couldn't give it back to him so I had to buy it

And the beach looked great. Mind you.....I took that pic from just in front of a pub, and a beer on the balcony looked better!

And 180kg for next week!

Today bumped:

30th October 2012

171lbs

Deadlifts with the new PT

GM/rotation combos

Rowing warm up - ergo x 250metres

Deadlifts
    6 x 60kg (132lbs)
    6 x 100kg (220lbs)
    6 x 130kg (286lbs)
    5 x 140kg (308lbs)
    5 x 150kg (330lbs)
    Just higher reps today --- looking at form

Superset 45 second rest between SSs
    Good mornings
    10 x 40kg (88lbs)
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    6 x 55kg (121lbs)
    With Prone incline kettle bell rows
    10, 10, 10 x 22kg KBs
    Explosive from the ground, 1 second squeeze at the top

Superset 45 second rest between SSs
    Supine grip pull-ups
    8, 8, 8
    With kettle bell cleans
    8, 8, 8 x two 18kg/40lb KBs
    Explosive from the ground, upright posture

Overhead squats
    8 x oly bar
    5, 5, 5 x 30kg (66lbs)
    core stability/balance and body positioning

Rack Superset No rest between SSs
    Kettle bell swings
    6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 x 32kg/70lb KB
    With hanging jack-knifes
    6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1
    Swings to get the explosive hip drive for the lockout
    Hanging Jacknives for ab strength/stability

Jackknives on swiss ball
    12, 12

Stretching glutes, hammies, lats and triceps

60 minutes

Sixth session with the new trainer! 35*C/95*F today. My energy was sapped!
    His gym is down near the beach and this is what it looked like today!

The Deadlifts
    We got straight into the deads after some GMs/rotations with a broom stick and some rowing.
    The lifts - today was just going for reps and trying to maintain form:
    60kg to 140kg One minute between sets. Form was good
    150kg/330lbs x 5 felt pretty easy as long as I remembered to stick my chest out

The Good Mornings
    Each first rep felt tight but I concentrated on breaking at the hip, keeping the low back arched, and keeping my feel flat on the floor
    Supersetting with the prone incline kettle bell rows, my tris and rhomboids were aching

The Overhead squats
    The Overhead squats are challenging for me because of my limited external rotation. We bumped the weight from last week --- just 30kg. The first attempt I arched slightly forward and dumped the weight. When I concentrated on looking up, then the lockout became easy and the squat felt stable.
    Went ATG

Accessory exercises
    The chins were from a dead hand to chin over the bar. MY biceps were aching after supersetting this with the KB cleans
    The kettle bell cleans were to get that explosive lift from the floor, and to ingrain that upright chest posture. When I leaned forward it was much harder than when I concentrated on the leg drive to get the KBs from the floor and the shrug and hip drive to get the clean.
    The kettle bell swings are to help with explosive hip drive and lock out
    Other exercises are for core and upper body strength and stability

Summary
    Today was tiring because of the heat --- I drank loads and my stomach felt bloated at the end. He gave me 60 minutes today and I suspect that he would have given me more if I hadn't looked like I was about to arrest
    Today was only 5 days since the last deadlift session.
    The next session will be on Thursday next week, so 9 days, and the plan is to go for the 180kg PR.
    That's 4 metric plates but only 396lbs for the deadlift Nazis
    I'll do some RDLs mid way but I'll save the deads until then

"Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like a great session Andrew! Fingers crossed for next week's PR attempt. Pretty jelly if you get it Er ... I mean congrats and all that
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn gym on the beach so nice. Girl on beach looks pretty as we'll would of hit on her while lifting.

Serious note though. I can't wait to see your deadlift PR next week. All that work today is leading up to it. I see you getting it
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm loving the DL weights man. Great weights and I'm sure there's no question with your form given the fact that u have the trainer working there with you.

Good mornings are a great accessory excercise 2 have in ur arsenal.

And beach looks fantastic. I'm sooo jelly.

Think you can record the 180kg pull on Thursday? That will probably be a nice trophy to have in your log.

Also Andrew - now that its summer by you (still envious...) try this circuit and tell me how u like it;

IN THE SAND sprint 100 yards, jog 100 yards, rest for about 30 seconds and repeat for a few times.

I did this with some friends last Summer its intense. Great workout and you'll feel all your muscles working. Let me know what you think of it when you get a moment.
    Last edited by Sinaku5; 10-30-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147800823&p=941910683#post941910683

PSN ID: I_M-th3-b3ast

Playing Skyrim

tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Always lurking Andrew! Putting in some serious work that last workout looked killer.

Gym on the beach?! Sounds amazing. Arnold at Venice style!

Keep killing it man. Always motivating coming in here!!
    From The Westside with Love - Heavy lifting, and Hip-Hop.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133965531

BTK till the casket drops

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work. I like hitting some heavy weights (like on deadlifts) and then working on reps and form before the next step.
    Nicely done on those supersets! I don't use kettlebells but these workouts look interdasting
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damn that beach looks freakn awesome! started snowing here but i'm not quite ready yet for winter (one more month, then I will be!).

pretty heavily absorbed in the new job so mostly lurking journals for the time / hit and miss posting.

get your winter travel plans set yet? beach gym would be fun. How are you liking the new PT? good sessions lately too

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    looks like one hell of a sweat inducing workout

tons of strong stuff + supersets!

hows the beach? is the water cool?
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Looks like a great session Andrew! Fingers crossed for next week's PR attempt. Pretty jelly if you get it Er ... I mean congrats and all that
    Thanks Michael! I'm used to everyone else passing me on the way to 405 Hopefully I won't psyche myself out or injure myself doing something stupid. In the meantime I'm jelly of how good your bench is looking!

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Damn gym on the beach so nice. Girl on beach looks pretty as we'll would of hit on her while lifting.
    There was so much talent on the beach!
    It has to do with this being the study time for year 12 high school students (18 year olds ...... my eldest daughter is one of those )

Serious note though. I can't wait to see your deadlift PR next week. All that work today is leading up to it. I see you getting it
    Thanks Raigs! I've got to tell myself that it's no biggie if I miss it, otherwise I could go the full retard and do a disc if I relapse to my bad form and try to muscle it up!
    It'd be great to get a vid, and I don't think the trainer would mind, but I don't want to distract myself either

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    I'm loving the DL weights man. Great weights and I'm sure there's no question with your form given the fact that u have the trainer working there with you.

Good mornings are a great accessory excercise 2 have in ur arsenal.

And beach looks fantastic. I'm sooo jelly.

Think you can record the 180kg pull on Thursday? That will probably be a nice trophy to have in your log.
    Thanks! He was very happy with my form although I still kept my chest down on a couple of reps.
    The next sesh will be Thursday week, so I'll get some good recovery time. I'll make sure that I carb up as well to give myself a fighting chance of getting that 180kg.

Originally Posted by Sinaku5 View Post
    Also Andrew - now that its summer by you (still envious...) try this circuit and tell me how u like it;

IN THE SAND sprint 100 yards, jog 100 yards, rest for about 30 seconds and repeat for a few times.

I did this with some friends last Summer its intense. Great workout and you'll feel all your muscles working. Let me know what you think of it when you get a moment.
    It sounds like a great HIIT workout! I'll do that next time I'm on the sand --- sprints always seem to hit the whole legs for me, and running on the sand is bound to make the calves work overtime as well!

Originally Posted by tenacious707 View Post
    Always lurking Andrew! Putting in some serious work that last workout looked killer.

Gym on the beach?! Sounds amazing. Arnold at Venice style!

Keep killing it man. Always motivating coming in here!!
    Thanks for dropping in Ted!
    I'm enjoying the workouts because he is challenging me all the time --- I was dead at the end of the session
    His gym is in a garage about 100 yds from the beach --- he does run 'Boot Camp' sessions on the beach but I'll stick to the gym work rather than get into the speedos
    I grew up as a kid living on the beach front so I prefer the mountains now!

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Great work. I like hitting some heavy weights (like on deadlifts) and then working on reps and form before the next step.
    Nicely done on those supersets! I don't use kettlebells but these workouts look interdasting
    Thanks PP! It's only relatively recently that I've 'seen the light' and started varying my workouts to include form work, speed work and extra core/stability work
    The kettle bell work is great to get you moving properly on exercises like cleans, squats and deads because you've got to maintain dynamic stability under load --- I enjoy them, but it's good to have someone guiding me through them

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    damn that beach looks freakn awesome! started snowing here but i'm not quite ready yet for winter (one more month, then I will be!).

pretty heavily absorbed in the new job so mostly lurking journals for the time / hit and miss posting.

get your winter travel plans set yet?
    I grew up on that stretch of beach and spent many a summer day as a junior surf lifesaver --- pretty much, sand, water and sunburn every day during my school summer vacation. We even lived on the seafront for 5 years.
    I saw that Jackson has had 30" of snow already, and maybe more to come as Sandy peters out inland.
    Winter plans are for 2 weeks in the US in Feb/March with either Jackson/Vail or Big Sky/Vail
    Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    beach gym would be fun. How are you liking the new PT? good sessions lately too
    I love the gym set-up that he's got and he's really helping me with the deads and the accessory work. The other thing is that he pushes me so that I don't stop moving and I'm feeling a lot fitter lately

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    looks like one hell of a sweat inducing workout

tons of strong stuff + supersets!

hows the beach? is the water cool?
    Thanks Ryou! I was drenched in sweat --- I'm dreading getting in there on a 40*C/105*F day

The beach and sand is beautiful, and the water temperature is similar to Los Angeles, so 65*F in summer although shallow water can get quite hot. Not as warm as Hawaii but then it's very inviting when the air temp hits 100F

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

31st October 2012

170lbs

Shoulders/Arms

Dips Tempo 5:2:5
    BW x 12, 12, 10, 9, 9
    Dips to parallel and slow

Inverted rows
    10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Explosive up, hold at the top
    Serratus and bis

Standing triceps push-downs
    20 x 40lbs........20 x 80lbs..........10 x 120lbs.........6 x 160lbs
    20 x 40lbs........14 x 80lbs...........8 x 120lbs..........3 x 160lbs
    20 x 40lbs.........10 x 80lbs..........8 x 120lbs
    Strict form - tris burning

Seated cable rows Tempo 5:2:5
    8, 8, 8 x 100kg (220lbs)
    6, 6 x 110kg (242lbs)
    6 x 120kg (264lbs)

EZ bar curls Tempo 5:2:5
    10, 10, 8, 8, 8 x 30kg (66lbs)
    Slow - great pump

55 minutes

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice session to follow that PT odyssey.
    I'm sure you had some DOMS going on in the bis from yesterday.

The Dips look great and those push downs are crazy. Triceps must've been screaming.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The Dips look great and those push downs are crazy. Triceps must've been screaming.
    YES YES YES!

These PT sessions are REALLY paying off man!
    advertising not permitted

Microevolution in action wonderdude2's Avatar
    wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wonderdude2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice work with all of the slow, controlled movements. It's great stuff, and the pain from the lactic acid build-up really builds character... or so my dad would probably tell me.
    What you do in life shall be echoed in eternity

Challenge everything

My blog: http://tlbflowllc.com/
    My workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149168003

NSCA-CPT

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good burn today

the 5:2:5 is a pretty intense tempo

and are you going to hawaii too?

youre like the vacation king
    www.********.com/808FiT1

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This always on vacation!

Strong Dips that tempo is nuts
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

You were right on about the DOMS Tom......my bis, tris and shoulders were aching after the deadlift session = something to do with the pull-ups, rows, KB cleans, KB swings and OH squats

I did more triceps than biceps work because my tris are a lot stronger --- I'm always wary of the dips, but my tris were screaming by the end!

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    YES YES YES!

These PT sessions are REALLY paying off man!
    Thanks Alex!

Originally Posted by wonderdude2 View Post
    Nice work with all of the slow, controlled movements. It's great stuff, and the pain from the lactic acid build-up really builds character... or so my dad would probably tell me.
    Thanks! I have to keep it slow and controlled or risk tearing what's left of my RCs, but I love the burn when you squeeze in that extra strict rep for arms --- it's just a pity that the pump doesn't last forever. (my arms were looking beastly afterwards )

good burn today

the 5:2:5 is a pretty intense tempo

Hawaii is on the list, but probably in 2014!
    I will be in Ireland and France for Christmas and January, and then in the US skiing in Feb/March...........and I have Bali lined up for July

This always on vacation!

Strong Dips that tempo is nuts
    Thanks Raigs. I'm actually getting to like dips but when I go a bit deeper (like yesterday) I can feel my anterior shoulder start to ache! If I keep the ROM tight and go slow they feel good and the tris get pumped

1st November 2012

170lbs

PT 'core' session

Single legged deadlifts - cable weight 12 x 60lbs, 12 x 60lbs, 12 x 60lbs each leg

Kneeling cable rotations 12, 12, 12 each side x 60lb handle on cable. No hip pivot, so rotation must come through the obliques
    Good exercise for obliques and abs

TRX - pistol squats 12, 12, 12 each leg going ATG
    Concentrating on keeping the arch in the back bringing the leg through in a smooth arc
    I'm getting the feel how this is meant to work

Plank single legged jack-knife with foot on a roller + push-ups 8, 8, 8 x each leg. Plank position, elbows on the ground, one foot on a roller board, and the other suspended - perform a jack-knife with the foot on the roller, push-ups at extension
    Abs and hip stabilisers totally activated throughout. Push-ups make it hard on the abs

Plank with feet in the TRX straps: alternating single legged jack-knife 12, 12, 12 each leg. Plank position, pushup position and 'walked' away from the wall. Feet suspended - perform alternating jack-knives knee to chest
    Abs and hip stabilisers totally activated throughout. Moving further away from the wall really activates the abs

BW squats on cushions Standing on cushions, do Indian squats
    This throws you off if you don't get your balance right = good for getting that position sense

cycling 5 minutes + 30 minutes

It was a good 'Core' session today --- he said that he's always adding ways to make it harder for me now
    He's more critical of my form and he expects me to move quicker. He's also removing some of the stabilisers by making me do more isolated movements (eg fix the hips by sitting or kneeling so that I have to use obliques, abs etc for torso stability). With the TRX jack-knives, he made me 'walk' well away from the wall so that there is a pull backwards from the straps as well as downward with gravity --- this forces you to stabilise with the tris, pecs, lats as well as the abs and keeps the abs under constant tension
    I'm also starting to get a feel of how pistol squats actually work --- you have to maintain your spine and the free leg in a relatively constant position, but move them through an arc to get from standing to squatting. It should be a smooth movement

And the stress still continues on the home front --- teenagers doing end of year exams
    The bad news.......15 yo had a melt down and in her anger carved into the kitchen bench top with a knife
    The good news........18 yo got an offer for an interview to get into med school (subject to exam results). She still plans to take next year off and work in France but at least it helps give her a career path. The problem is she really just wants to be an actress

Legs tomorrow!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good core session. Daughters not even once.
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Good core session. Daughters not even once.
    Thanks Nadeem!
    And boys are so much easier than girls: boys wreck your house and girls wreck your head!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Thanks Nadeem!
    And boys are so much easier than girls: boys wreck your house and girls wreck your head!
    I pick house wrecking

Nice session Andrew!
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

Love the old PT session.
    That is some serious balance, stabilization, and core work. Great stuff.

Whatever happened with your PT's injury? He was getting surgery, right?

I guess becoming a doctor would be a good fallback plan if the acting thing doesnt pan out.

You might want to invest in granite counter tops, Andrew.
    You couldn't scratch them if you tried.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    So what's going to happen to me since I have one of each?
    No house and no head.

Well, I guess that's that.

Love the old PT session.

I guess becoming a doctor would be a good fallback plan if the acting thing doesnt pan out.

No house and no head.

Yea you're f*cked buddy

*Canadian Crew*

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    I pick house wrecking

Nice session Andrew!
    So do I!

Love the old PT session.

He ended up avoiding surgery, but he is a mass of broken foot bones, toes and fingers --- that's the result of his other life as a Jui Jitsu instructor.
    That's also the reason why he's great at getting me to do the core and stability work

Well she is a drama queen already!

And we're planning to re-do the kitchen so it will have be granite! (and plastic cutlery )

No house and no head.

Yep.........you're a goner Mate!

2nd November 2012

Deconstructing my squat

170lbs

BB squats - oly bar - high bar position
    10 x bar
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    10 x 80kg (176lbs)
    6 x 90kg (198lbs)
    6, 6 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5, 5, 5, 5 x 110kg (242lbs)
    Used narrow stance because of knee pain

GHRs
    10, 8, 8, 6, 5
    Hammies burning

Leg extensions Tempo 5:2:5
    10, 10, 10, 10, 10 x 50kg (88lbs)
    Yeow quads!

Calf presses - horizontal hack
    20, 20, 20 x 300lbs

BW lunges and stretches

75 minutes

Late start at work today (just cos I'm choosing not to go in ---- I've got a day in the office and I'm sick of meetings)
    I took my time on legs.
    I squatted with the oly bar again and I'm starting to feel better about my back position during squats. I worked on keeping my head up, chest out, and weight evenly through my feet --- I realise after yesterdays' BW exercise on the cushions that I tend to lean back on my heels
    I still had hammie and glute DOMS from yesterday's pistols and Tuesday's deads, but it felt good after a little warming up.
    My left knee is still aching so I used a narrow stance - I don't feel quite as strong but it didn't hurt to squat deep

110kg was good and I'll work on upping the reps
    GHRs were hard on my glutes --- I could feel my glutes and lower back getting tired by the last two sets and my hammies were on fire

I took a vid of the last set. I used a small push off from the bench but I try to lift by contracting the hammier and glutes
    I know that this is technically not a GHR --- I've seen it called a Russian GHR before --- but it really has helped add mass to my hammies over the last year

TGIF Guys! I'm looking forward to this weekend
    There's beautiful weather forecast, the 15 year old is staying with a friend tonight (Woot!) and on Saturday we are going to see the musical Jersey Boys

Last edited by fittofattofit; 11-02-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

good squats today. hows the left knee?

is it a flare up or just one of those things

good going on the GHRs too. i really should look around my gym for something to rig
    www.********.com/808FiT1

good squats today. hows the left knee?

is it a flare up or just one of those things

good going on the GHRs too. i really should look around my gym for something to rig
    The left knee is the one where I strained the LCL and tore the lateral meniscus (+ got a fracture) when I was skiing in the US. It had been fine for for 6 months but I aggravated it doing the Sumo cleans the other day --- the wide stance did me in!

I might have to wear a brace and avoid going wide stance for a few weeks until it settles

I love the GHRs and they seem to hit the hammies right above the knees --- helping to get that 'hammie overhang' happening

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm surprised the narrow stance helps your knee pain, I'd figure it puts even more pressure on the knee joint with the hip not engaged.

Have you considered using a Jump brace to help with the knee pain?
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    I'm surprised the narrow stance helps your knee pain, I'd figure it puts even more pressure on the knee joint with the hip not engaged.

Have you considered using a Jump brace to help with the knee pain?
    Yeah.... most people injure their medial meniscus and MCL so a narrow stance might aggravate that, but the LCL is a 'skiing' injury. Taking a wide stance, and pushing out on the feet like you're supposed to with a sumo or wide stance squat puts tress across that lateral ligament

I've got this brace, which I'll start to wear for the next week

that's provided me with a lot of stability in the past

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ Interesting - i've always seen LCLs as a weak VM and dorsi

So injured squats down and lack of dorsi limits glute/PC activation

Squat becomes pure quad, VL vs. VM and if VL wins, femur/knee/whatever rubs on LCL to cause irritation. Acute would be getting smacked inside knee and tib/fib going in a diff direction to fem

Anywho, benching mind dump

- Benching on a rolled up towel to give scaps more room to move

- Checking end range flexion and extension - if they're healthy, shoulder width grip bar path should just be straight up and down, no RCs needed

- Stretching anything tight IR to stop any weird pull on the bar - subscap, lats, pecs, coracobrachialis etc

- Mobilising triceps and anconeus to make sure lockout limitations isn't elbow side (out of whack flexion to extension due to all the pulling we do)

- Keeping on keeping on with the rear delts and serratus to increase stab/strengthen lockout. Same with thoracic, to keep scaps moving freely (i'd upgrade to double cricket ball tho)

- Reverse grip bench press - that supination locks you into ER and directly engages bis for increased stab

- Reverse band bench press, accomodating resistance is the shizz

- Smith and HS

- Weighted ring pushups (10x the lift bench wants to be)

^^^^ I'm sure there's more but that's all the crap i've tried. Found anything mobilisation was best, whilest anything form change related would fail after a session or two.

Have a good weekend mate!

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    ^^^ Interesting - i've always seen LCLs as a weak VM and dorsi

So injured squats down and lack of dorsi limits glute/PC activation

Squat becomes pure quad, VL vs. VM and if VL wins, femur/knee/whatever rubs on LCL to cause irritation. Acute would be getting smacked inside knee and tib/fib going in a diff direction to fem
    Yeah mine was an acute injury back in Feb skiing, when I'd just joined my mates after 3 days skiing on my own. I was talking over my shoulder on a fast traverse and didn't see the snow drift >>> went @rse-over the top of my skis at about 11 o'clock. I strained the LCL, tore the lateral meniscus and got a tibial plateau crush fracture..........f@cking painful...........then I proceeded to ski on it for the next 6 days

It had settled for a long time, but doing the sumo, I was trying to 'spread the floor' with my feet and that pushing the knee laterally opened up the old wound, so to speak!
    It should settle again. The meniscus clicks but the pain is acceptable atm

Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    Anywho, benching mind dump

- Benching on a rolled up towel to give scaps more room to move

- Checking end range flexion and extension - if they're healthy, shoulder width grip bar path should just be straight up and down, no RCs needed

- Stretching anything tight IR to stop any weird pull on the bar - subscap, lats, pecs, coracobrachialis etc

- Mobilising triceps and anconeus to make sure lockout limitations isn't elbow side (out of whack flexion to extension due to all the pulling we do)

- Keeping on keeping on with the rear delts and serratus to increase stab/strengthen lockout. Same with thoracic, to keep scaps moving freely (i'd upgrade to double cricket ball tho)

- Reverse grip bench press - that supination locks you into ER and directly engages bis for increased stab

- Reverse band bench press, accomodating resistance is the shizz

- Smith and HS

- Weighted ring pushups (10x the lift bench wants to be)

^^^^ I'm sure there's more but that's all the crap i've tried. Found anything mobilisation was best, whilest anything form change related would fail after a session or two.

Have a good weekend mate!
    Thanks Ral! I'll start to give all of the above more of a go --- I am very tight in IR and I have to work on that, although the oly bar squatting has helped force me into ER more often
    I've been trying to use a PL type arch to free up the scaps, but the towel or small roller might help as well
    Rear delts and serratus I'll keep hammering.
    Reverse grip is a great idea ---- I hated it when my shoulders were healthy, but it's worth trying now for the stability
    Reverse band bench: I plan to ask my new trainer to help me with those ---- if it works out I might but my own bands to use at my regular gym
    When I've tried the ring push-ups with the trainer they really hit my pecs hard. Working up to weighted sets would be awesome

Great post Rally. I'm trying to rep but I'm still on spread!

And I got 175kg on the dead last week, so next week I'll be trying for the 180kg

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GREAT squats my man! loving the videos as well! Those absolutely KILL your hamstrings and glutes!! You must be goin for the striated glutes
    advertising not permitted

Page 149 of 309 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast