Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool MiniMuz's 2 Years Of Winter.

The Back-story (Coz all journey’s need one!)

Since about 18 things very messed up years in terms of life and issues and what not. Started hitting the weights, but more for wank factor if anything. This went on for a year or two. Trimmed up a bit in those few short years but went the best ‘wrong way’ possible about it, if that makes sense. Semi starved myself with excessive cardio is how id put it looking back now. Good times. Oh and don’t forget the binges, 3-4 days of Krispy Kreme boxes, meal after meal of McDonalds and Burger King and Boxes of cookies and ice cream! Yummy! Thanks to those extremes it wrecked havoc on my metabolism which has, im pretty sure, gone on holiday to Barbados. Now comes the point of bringing it back to operating levels.

That’s part 1. Part 2 (or goal 2) is adding that much desired LBM to a frame which enjoys having excessive mass. I’ve decided im going into hiding, well abs and definition anyway, for the next 2 years to add a nice slab of meat onto the bones. This will be achieved by “lean” (HUUUUGE emphasis on lean) bulking with interspersed mini-cuts added to the mix. Having a genetically high set point doesn’t help this situation but chip away at it long enough and the sculpture will come to life!

First and foremost though is gently caressing the metabolism back to life. Did one last mini-pre-before-cut, which will end tomorrow. Currently at 1.5x LBM of pro and that’s it, a kind of RFL really. Tomorrow will bring on a nice 1 day carb up to refill the glycogen and from then on its game on! The increases in calorie will be oh so annoyingly slow and slight, hella fun, but tis must be done! Once stability in weight is found, that’s when the calories will rise and though I don’t want to get too hooked up on numbers aiming for a modest 1ish lbs a week.

The FUN Part.

The actual workout. In the past it’s been balls-to-the-wall go to failure in EVERY set (bar the warm ups) in addition to huge amounts of volume. Turns out for a natty that’s not exactly the right way to do things, can anyone say fried CNS? This time ill be taking a different approach to this monster. Frequency coupled with volume BUT the big change is not going to failure on every set, rather maybe only 1 set a workout, if that. Along with that also doing triples and singles, coz hell we all know you only put mass on in the 8-12 rep range (*sigh*). That was my mantra in the past and it really didn’t help much eh! So now will be a much more realistic mix of both power and hypertrophy.

Since im pulling myself out of this hole rather then go straight into the “big loads” (relatively speaking of course) it’ll be a job of instead easing into it while scaling back on cardio and monitoring anything I can possibly monitor. As far as the split I still deciding on it but should be fun for me to work at something new.

That’s it, 2 years of dedication, commitment and fun served with a warm side of mass.

I think I WILL take fries with that!
    Fear not my insanity, fear the mind it protects.

Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Minimuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Transitions...

Last few years as it played out physique wise. Dissapointing hey! Only thing missing are the great bloated pics, which thank-god i didnt save, would make any sane person insane, but also cure a nutjob!

From this:-

To this:-

To this:-

And FINALLY this is the square block of wood i now have to carve myself a something perdy out of! -Colder and Flatter then Naomi campbell but will try get pics up after the carb up so i look a teeny bit fuller.

ok, from what ive workout out so far post carb up ill be heading into a basic upper/lower split and start the poundages low, almost in a deload fashion to both let my metabolic rate catch up and to totally throw a curve ball since ive never trained in such a fashion.

Tomorrow will be essentially thurs-sun from ud 2.0 into the 1 day.
    That being:- Depletion/Tenision workout in the morning, then 120/600/<50 (PCF) the rest of the day.

DEPLEEEEETE ME!

Aim for each excercise is min TUT of 45 sec and stopping well short of failure, only want to burn the glycogen in the muscle, not the CNS, so the carb up will be more effective and to take advantage of supercompensation.

Legpress
    4 x ~15
    SLD
    4 x ~15
    Incline Chest Press
    4 x ~15
    Shoulder Press
    2 x ~15
    Flat Chest Press
    4 x ~15
    Iso Lateral Row
    4 x ~15
    T-bar Row
    4 x ~15
    Barbell Curl
    2 x ~15
    CGBP
    2 x ~15
    Standing Calf Raises
    2 x ~15
    Weighted Situps
    2 x ~15

Nutriii
    Pro120g
    Carbs600g
    Fat<50

Supplementaries
    Animal Pack
    Fish Oil
    Caltrate (Calcium)
    Vit C
    B Complex (Have it lying around, so may as well use it)

Extras
    Dayam the workout should be a truckload of fun, specially at my energy levels. Looking forward to the carb load though, creamy low fat cream, home-made sweet potato chips and bucket loads of sugary Nurti-grain cereal (a cereal down under-made for iron men so they say). Geez iam dribbling from the thought!

SPRINT FUN

Day after carb up, actually pretty good yesterday. Pulled 92/506/22 (P/C/F) in about 8 hours. Now comes the pain and slowly gettin back up to scratch. Aim is minimal fat and slowly creep up the carbs while dropping the protein, arrrggghh talk about multi-tasking.

Also been contemplating the W/O split to take. Decided on a very basic upper/lower/rest split. Playing both excercises and intensity all by ear, literally. Start low volume since last few weeks has been 3/4 excercises a body part, a week :ekk: and even got down to a FB w/o every 3/4 days. Very dissapointing. On that account will slowly up the volume. Rep range will be more hypertrophic eg 8+ and will try concentrating more on TUT and MMC rather then hauling weight from point A to B.

40min Morning LISS
    10 HIIT SPRINTS (10/50)
    35min PWO LISS

Nutriii
    Pro150g
    Carbs120g
    Fat10g (Holey moley iam running on empty)

Supplementaries
    Fish Oil
    Vit C

Extras
    Havent weighed myself yet and dont really want to, not untill ive hit ATLEAST 1.5g carbs per lbm and stabilized a bit and hell not even sure if ill go upper or lower tomorrow. Just gotta wait till it comes aye!

Holy hell i hate taking nutrition slow. I want those carbs now damnit! But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do! Still slowly upping those macro's. Funny ol w/o iam trying. Stupidly low poundages and crazy high reps (for me anyway, i hate high rep anything!). Slowly but surely as i get back into motion (can y'all do the locomotion with me?) ill bring in the POWAH! days and proper percentages for the dominating excercises! Yay, tomorrows 1st Upper day, get those 'show' muscles activated!

LOWER DAY-(quad dominant)

Legpress
    2plates x 25
    2plates x 30
    3plates x 25
    3plates x 30

Leg Press(Closer stance-emphasising quads)
    3plates x 20
    3.5plates x 20
    4plates x 15
    4plates x 15

Lying Leg Curl
    3plates x 20 (2 sets)
    4plates x 15 (3 sets)

Leg Press Calf Press(so slow that i thought i saw matt damon!)
    330 x 15
    264 x 20

Leg Extension
    44 x 30
    55 x 25

Calf Extension(TUT make em burn so good!)
    66 x 30

Nutriii
    Pro158g
    Carbs149g
    Fat16g

Supplementaries
    Fish Oil
    Multi
    Vit C

Cardio Fu-uhn
    35min LISS morning
    30min LISS PWO

Extras
    Wow, although no failure and low low LOW weight i was a crying ol heap by the end. High reps do that to me! Will be a curveball to me boday though, and some of the TUT and MMC i got from those reps...WOOOAAH!

Still a bumping up the carbs, but have a HIIT day only tomorrow so think i may halt till next training day. Had to squeeze the workout in the morning due to uni and other shizzle, god i hate 8am classes, 4 days a week, so iam cranky 4/7 days now, CONFIRMED! On account of the gym not being in peak hour attempted a few video's just to see if its worth taking them when noone else is available. Well i suppose tis be a good way to form check, specially for my deadlift.

UPPER DAY-(back dominant)

BB ROW
    20 x 20
    30 x 15 (2 Sets)

Iso Lateral High Row
    30 x 16
    40 x 12 (2 sets)

Incline BB
    20x 18
    22.5 x 14
    25 x 11

Vertical Row Machine
    25 x 20
    30 x 15 (2 sets)

Flat Bench DB
    18 x 15
    22.5 x 12
    20 x 13

Hammer Curl / Standing Military Press (BB)
    17 x 15 / 30 x 15
    17 x 12 / 25 x 15
    14 x 12 / 25 x 15
    14 x 14 / 25 x 15

BW Dips / BB Preacher Curl
    15 / 17.5 x 12
    15 / 17.5 x 12

BW Dips / Lateral DB Raises
    12 / 11 x 12

BW Dips / Preacher Curl / Lateral DB Raises (Just cause i can!)
    15 / 17.5 x 10 / 11 x 10

Nutriii
    Pro162g
    Carbs169g
    Fat24g

Supplementaries
    Fish Oil
    Multi
    Vit C

Cardio Fu-uhn
    35min LISS morning
    30min LISS PWO

Extras
    Again got a nice lil burn and worked out that my lats are still attached to my back, always a good sign! Miss going all out though, something i have to come to terms with i suppose, failure on every set no more! Really surprised by the weakness of the chest though, needs a hell of a lot of improvment it does, gotta get the armour plate going!

BTW weights are in KG, metric system FTW down here and yes i know very low poundages, even i feel ashamed but slowly but surely will get back up there again!
    Last edited by Minimuz; 03-03-2010 at 05:07 AM.