Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2.4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Water: Is Boiling Tap Water Safe Enough?

Hi,
    Every month I purchase 60 liters of bottled water at a cost of $120 (US$ 19). I drink about 10-12 glasses per day at a bodyweight of 205-209lbs. However, I am not eating enough protein per day (my goal is to consume 3,600 calories, 35% of which will come from protein, i.e. 315 grams of protein per day) because food is expensive where I live.

However, if I replace the bottled water with boiled tap water, the $120 I save will allow be to buy an additional thirty (30) tins of Brunswick Tina (NET WT. 170g), OR, 116 medium-sized eggs, OR, 20 large chicken breasts, OR, three (3) 800-g bags of skimmed instant powdered milk.

So I was thinking about replacing this bottled water with boiled tap water. But my question is, is this really safe? The label on the bottled water says the purification process includes "multimedia micron filtration, carbon filtration, softening, reverse osmosis and is ozonated".

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    img=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4293/clarencebasswc7.jpg

the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i use regular tapwater unboiled

is the water bad where you are?

Originally Posted by the54 View Post
    i use regular tapwater unboiled

is the water bad where you are?
    Thanks for your reply the54.

Our tap water is chlorinated , but I don't know, people say its safe, but it taste awful with all the chlorine in it.

How much tapwater do you drink per day the54??

sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 2.4 View Post
    Hi,
    Every month I purchase 60 liters of bottled water at a cost of $120 (US$ 19). I drink about 10-12 glasses per day at a bodyweight of 205-209lbs. However, I am not eating enough protein per day (my goal is to consume 3,600 calories, 35% of which will come from protein, i.e. 315 grams of protein per day) because food is expensive where I live.

However, if I replace the bottled water with boiled tap water, the $120 I save will allow be to buy an additional thirty (30) tins of Brunswick Tina (NET WT. 170g), OR, 116 medium-sized eggs, OR, 20 large chicken breasts, OR, three (3) 800-g bags of skimmed instant powdered milk.

So I was thinking about replacing this bottled water with boiled tap water. But my question is, is this really safe? The label on the bottled water says the purification process includes "multimedia micron filtration, carbon filtration, softening, reverse osmosis and is ozonated".

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    Boiling tapwater in most areas of the us is completely unnecessary. However if you're overseas that's a different story. People buy bottled water because they like the taste or having it ready to go, not because tap water is unsafe. That being said, if you want to go for total over kill, get out a really big pot and get to it.

crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10) crashoran is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why don't you try one of the PUR or Brita water filters that screw onto the tap? I have one of those and each of the replaceable filters lasts me a couple of months.

the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) the54 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Allthe water i drink i get from the tap

and there are ways to get clorine out of water like letting it sit for a day in fridge or a water filter

Originally Posted by sarahkay_3 View Post
    Boiling tapwater in most areas of the us is completely unnecessary. However if you're overseas that's a different story. People buy bottled water because they like the taste or having it ready to go, not because tap water is unsafe. That being said, if you want to go for total over kill, get out a really big pot and get to it.
    Thanks for your reply sarahkay.

I do live outside the US and I do buy mainly for the taste but I do also feel safer drinking bottled water. I don't need it to go though, as I drink the majority of it at home. However, I am beginning to think I am wasting money on bottled water if boiling my tap water is safe enough (I just have to tolerate the chlorine).

I have a large kettle that boils about 10 glasses in 3 minutes. Takes quite a while to cool though

Originally Posted by crashoran View Post
    Why don't you try one of the PUR or Brita water filters that screw onto the tap? I have one of those and each of the replaceable filters lasts me a couple of months.
    Thanks for the reply rashoran. Great point. I thought of that. I looked at the price of one brand I saw and it was a little expensive, but I was considering buying it until I saw the price of the filters and how frequent I needed to change it! I mean, it would cost me more than the cost of the bottled water. But that was only one brand, I should check other brands, although I wonder how much cheaper could I get?

By the way, how much do you drink per day?

Originally Posted by the54 View Post
    Allthe water i drink i get from the tap

and there are ways to get clorine out of water like letting it sit for a day in fridge or a water filter
    Yeah, I like the idea of letting it sit for a day in the fridge, I'll try that, thanks. The filters, unfortunately will be too expensive for me at this time.
    Last edited by 2.4; 02-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I fill up a gallon jug with tap water and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Tap water tastes really good when it is very cold.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol OP

Unless you live in an oil-rich area good luck with paying to boil all that water! That won't be cheap on the electricity.

Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I fill up a gallon jug with tap water and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Tap water tastes really good when it is very cold.
    Thanks for your reply JolietKev. Great, then this is what I will do to try to get rid of this chlorine taste. I'll try boiling for a month and see how I feel. I am looking forward to putting the money I saved back into my diet.

Originally Posted by RunningStrong View Post
    lol OP

Unless you live in an oil-rich area good luck with paying to boil all that water! That won't be cheap on the electricity.
    Well thank goodness my rent covers the electricity lol
    Last edited by 2.4; 02-26-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chlorine taste won't be reduced by boiling or chilling the water. It is a mineral in the water that can only be removed via distilling it or filtering it. Making the water cold may reduce the taste of the water since the colder something is the less you can taste it. Boiling it will make no difference, UNLESS you think there is bacteria in the water then you should boil it. Otherwise if its just for taste boiling is useless. Your best bet is to get a filter jug, like brita(you don't have to replace the filter as often as they advise, they just want you to buy it more often for more profit). In the meantime you can try making the water very cold and you might not be able to taste the chlorine. You can also make some herbal tea with the water and that will add a flavor to override the taste, or get some lemon juice and squirt a little in the water.

RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well thank goodness my rent covers the electricity lol
    Haha nice!

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where do you live? Can you just go to a place that sells filtered water that you can fill up in those big 5 gallon jugs? Look around, mom and pop shops are extremely affordable. I get mine for about 10 cents a gallon.
    Last edited by CaliforniaKing; 02-26-2010 at 04:47 PM.

bigdragon420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where do you live that you need to pay $120 for 60 litres of water? I'm currently living in China and it only costs $2 to have a 5 gallon jug delivered.

VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirusTi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I drink tap water straight. it should be fine man, especially if you boil it

SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Boiling the water would only cause the water to evaporate and concentrate the chlorine that is in the water. The only purpose for boiling water is to kill certain things that may be living in it.

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i drink tap, all day everyday, no problem
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

Picture Me Rollin' loyal2thegame's Avatar
    loyal2thegame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Invest in a Berkey water filter. I have one and I love it! Pure water for pennies on the dollar!

Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
    Chlorine taste won't be reduced by boiling or chilling the water. It is a mineral in the water that can only be removed via distilling it or filtering it. Making the water cold may reduce the taste of the water since the colder something is the less you can taste it. Boiling it will make no difference, UNLESS you think there is bacteria in the water then you should boil it. Otherwise if its just for taste boiling is useless. Your best bet is to get a filter jug, like brita(you don't have to replace the filter as often as they advise, they just want you to buy it more often for more profit). In the meantime you can try making the water very cold and you might not be able to taste the chlorine. You can also make some herbal tea with the water and that will add a flavor to override the taste, or get some lemon juice and squirt a little in the water.
    Thanks for your reply Jonis. Wow, what a great idea, I did not think about mixing the water with tea - that will definitely improve the taste and provide some anti oxidants. And best of all, tea is cheap

I used to like drinking water very cold but it makes me drink much less, so I just drink it at room temperature.

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    Where do you live?
    Originally Posted by bigdragon420 View Post
    Where do you live that you need to pay $120 for 60 litres of water? I'm currently living in China and it only costs $2 to have a 5 gallon jug delivered.
    @CaliforniaKing and @bigdragon420, I live in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. I pay TT$10 (US$1.59) for one (1) 5-liter bottle of "Blue Waters" water (bluewaterstt DOT com). That is the cheapest price I could get it, but the catch is, to get it at that price, you have to buy four (4) 5-liter bottles.

@bigdragon420, US$2 for a 5 gallon jug!!!! Are you serious? Well I am not sure how much the gallon bottle sells for but if 1 gallon is 3.78 liters, and 5 gallons is 18.92 liters, then if I buy say 20 liters at US$1.59 per 5-liter bottle, then I would pay the equivalent of US$6.36 for 20 liters.

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    Can you just go to a place that sells filtered water that you can fill up in those big 5 gallon jugs? Look around, mom and pop shops are extremely affordable. I get mine for about 10 cents a gallon.
    Humm.. I don't think we have places like that here.

Originally Posted by VirusTi View Post
    I drink tap water straight. it should be fine man, especially if you boil it
    I am beginning to realize this now. I've been buying water for 5 years now and have been wasting my money.

Originally Posted by SumDumGoi View Post
    Boiling the water would only cause the water to evaporate and concentrate the chlorine that is in the water. The only purpose for boiling water is to kill certain things that may be living in it.
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    i drink tap, all day everyday, no problem

@SumDumGoi and @asto_86, I want to be cautious, you never know, especially if I am drinking more water than the average person. I hope I am not misguided. But I am really glad I asked this question on this forum, because I got such great replies and ideas from you guys and gals

Originally Posted by loyal2thegame View Post
    Invest in a Berkey water filter. I have one and I love it! Pure water for pennies on the dollar!
    I must look into these filters again. I just to have a filtered jug, maybe I can find a cheap one.

Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doc_Schmidt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I drink all my water from the tap. It is very healthy.

I went to a wilderness program in the Adirondacks for three months during the winter, and we had to melt snow for water and when we were near creeks got it from streams, and would use the iodine tablets. Tasted nasty.

the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    water is the most abundant compound on this planet, and you spend $1500 per year on it? are you kidding me?
    - Disregard females, acquire real estate
    - MAGA
    - Fauci for prison
    - Pureblood

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the reply rashoran. Great point. I thought of that. I looked at the price of one brand I saw and it was a little expensive, but I was considering buying it until I saw the price of the filters and how frequent I needed to change it! I mean, it would cost me more than the cost of the bottled water. But that was only one brand, I should check other brands, although I wonder how much cheaper could I get?
    Just buy one of these (~$20):

and then replace the filter every 2 months. I buy my filters in packs of 3 usually for another $20 or so. Very affordable and makes my water taste great (I don't like the taste of straight tap water, either).
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

Originally Posted by Doc_Schmidt View Post
    I drink all my water from the tap. It is very healthy.

I went to a wilderness program in the Adirondacks for three months during the winter, and we had to melt snow for water and when we were near creeks got it from streams, and would use the iodine tablets. Tasted nasty.
    You raise an important point Doc_Schmidt, you know, some people don't even have access to drinking water and here I am criticizing my chlorinated water which is free and abundant for no good reason.

Originally Posted by the700level View Post
    water is the most abundant compound on this planet, and you spend $1500 per year on it? are you kidding me?
    Jezz, tell me about it the700level. I could not afford my protein requirements for my training and now I see why, especially as you annualized the cost like that.

Originally Posted by pumped4life82 View Post
    Just buy one of these (~$20):
    [img]hxxp://content.etilize.com/Large/1010066183.jpg[/img]

and then replace the filter every 2 months. I buy my filters in packs of 3 usually for another $20 or so. Very affordable and makes my water taste great (I don't like the taste of straight tap water, either).
    Thanks for your recommendation pumped4life82, I need to get one of those jugs but I think the filters for those will be three times the price here, I'll have to confirm this though, but thanks

Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink 2+ gallons of water a day all from the tap. I read somewhere that tap water is cleaner than bottled water because of the chemicals in plastic bottles and whatnot. Plus all water that gets to your house ( living in the u.s) has been filtered thouroughly and a numerous amount of times. So you shouldn't worry about tap drink up

Originally Posted by SumDumGoi View Post
    No it won't. Chlorine has a far lower evaporation point which is why it is usually a gas at room temperature and why swimming pools smell so strongly of it. You can even reduce the chlorine content of water by simply allowing the water to sit in a room. It's what you do for fish tanks. So by boiling it he will lose nearly all the chlorine and only some water.

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Azgoodazitgetz View Post
    I drink 2+ gallons of water a day all from the tap. I read somewhere that tap water is cleaner than bottled water because of the chemicals in plastic bottles and whatnot. Plus all water that gets to your house ( living in the u.s) has been filtered thouroughly and a numerous amount of times. So you shouldn't worry about tap drink up
    People forgot there can be and usually heavy metals in tap water. This is why carbon based water filters will filter them out.
    Reverse osmosis is the best water filter system however it is much more expensive than buying a Brita.
    http://www.********.com/pages/Jersey-Fan-Page/36736240625?ref=nf

Originally Posted by GoogleFreak View Post
    People forgot there can be and usually heavy metals in tap water. This is why carbon based water filters will filter them out.
    Reverse osmosis is the best water filter system however it is much more expensive than buying a Brita.
    Thanks for reminding me of this. Now I really should check out one of those jug filters

the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jezz, tell me about it the700level. I could not afford my protein requirements for my training and now I see why, especially as you annualized the cost like that.
    Brita pitchers are 20$. the filters are 3 for 10$, which could last up to a year (if you only change the filter every 4 months). that is a total of $30 for filtered water.

$30 < $1500
    - Disregard females, acquire real estate
    - MAGA
    - Fauci for prison
    - Pureblood

rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickymartinn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i drink over a gallon of tap water a day, thats how I get my daily pharmaceuticals and minerals in
    9/15/10 - 7.3s 60yd dash
    9/08/11 - 6.9s 60yd dash
    *5/1/12 - 6.6s 60yd dash

Originally Posted by the700level View Post
    Brita pitchers are 20$. the filters are 3 for 10$, which could last up to a year (if you only change the filter every 4 months). that is a total of $30 for filtered water.

$30 < $1500
    The place I saw these filters were too expensive so I will look around to see if I can find Brita affordable here. I want to be on the safe side just incase.

Originally Posted by rickymartinn View Post
    i drink over a gallon of tap water a day, thats how I get my daily pharmaceuticals and minerals in
    Yeah, years ago I used to walk around with a big bag to work with a gallon of water in it. But now I drink only 10 to 12 cups max. Since 16 cups = 1 gallon, what I will do is drink 4 cups, four times per day. That will make it easier to drink 16 cups.