Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation onion juice raises serum testosterone levels by 300%!!

Think of a dirt-cheap vegetable you can buy at every greengrocers and supermarket. Put it in a juicer, give the juice to rats for three weeks, and watch their testosterone level rise by 314 percent. According to research done at Tabriz University in Iran, fresh onion juice raises testosterone levels as much as substances like nolvadex or clomid.

In Iran many men who have fertility problems can?t afford to buy medicine. That?s why Iranian researchers are looking for alternatives to medicines like NAC and selenium. Studies show that antioxidants can increase production of testosterone and sperm in the testes. Studies have also shown that onions contain strong antioxidants. So the researchers put two and two together and bought ordinary onions ? Latin name Allium cepa ? on the market. They peeled the onions and put them in a domestic juicer made by Tefal. The juice they got is what they used in their trials.

Their subjects were a group of 8-week-old male rats. Of these, 10 were given ordinary food for 20 days. [Control] Ten other rats got 0.5 g per kg bodyweight of onion juice, which was pumped into their stomachs using a tube. Another 10 rats were given the same treatment, but got 1 g/kg bodyweight/day.

The table below shows that after 20 days the onion juice had improved the sperm quality and increased the concentration of LH, FSH and testosterone in the rats? blood.

Malondialdehyde is a mutagenic substance that is produced when free radicals damage the unsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes. The reduction in malondialdehyde concentrations that the researchers found indicates how the onion juice increases testosterone production: antioxidants in onion juice neutralise free radicals in the testes. The researchers suspect that the antioxidants in question are probably selenium compounds found in onions, and phenols such as quercetin and isorhamnetin [structural formulae shown above]. Isorhamnetin is also made in the body when enzymes convert quercetine with the help of S-adenosylmethionine.

The Iranian findings are not completely new. As long ago as 1967 an Egyptian researcher discovered that the testes of lab animals fed raw onion juice increase in size. At the moment there are quite a few animal studies which report that high doses of polyphenols like quercetin have a positive effect on the testes. But the effect of these is not as big as that of plain onion juice.

Source:
    Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009 Feb; 68(1): 45-51.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cool... It sounds like there is some synergy benefits going on there... if that is the case and those compounds of mention are working together then I am doing well... SAMe, Quercetin as well as Se-methylselenocysteine (Ortho Core) are all ingredients I get via supplementation... Se-methylselenocysteine is the best form of selenium and the major form found in selenium rich onions and garlic... it demonstrates awesome anti-cancer potential to go with a lower risk of toxicity.

Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

brb... juicing onions then injecting in ass.

not hyooge but healthy dustinlima's Avatar
    dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000)
    facts or fallacies, i love onion even more now.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stack the onion with ginger?

Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb having the worst breath ever

Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont get it, I keep a bowl of sliced onions around me and rub them for transdermal application but my mom keeps calling me Garbage ass. what wrong is going on?

no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Autobody View Post
    I dont get it, I keep a bowl of sliced onions around me and rub them for transdermal application but my mom keeps calling me Garbage ass. what wrong is going on?
    This sounds great. Just got one question, why is the onion juice measure in grams?

touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000) touchofevil04 is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb going buy onions.
    I rep back 300+

OWE: ??? could be you
    On Recharge:

ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ZachSmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    According to research done at Tabriz University in Iran
    i think i found a flaw...
    ZachSmash is a *******

sctp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice find,love onions and they are a great accompaniment to meals with meat and i guess it's easy to have 1g/kg intake just by eating 1 large onion,here are the nutritional values from wikipedia
    Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
    Energy 166 kJ (40 kcal)
    Carbohydrates 9.34 g
    Sugars 4.24 g
    Dietary fiber 1.7 g
    Fat 0.1 g
    saturated 0.042 g
    monounsaturated 0.013 g
    polyunsaturated 0.017 g
    Protein 1.1 g
    Water 89.11 g

Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imeniaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eldawg View Post
    Stack the onion with ginger?
    ginger + coconut oil + onion juice = who needs all these overhyped, overpriced supplements?

Originally Posted by zreniger View Post

what is it? you think people in iran can't conduct honest, independant research. stop watching foxnews already.

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why onion juice and not just onions ?
    isn't it the same thing ?
    drinu

no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by apace View Post
    why onion juice and not just onions ?
    isn't it the same thing ?
    Probably because it would be difficult to inject a whole onion into a rat. Much less expect one to eat it while taking in other calories.

EDIT: I just re-read that, they were given onion juice exclusivly? No other caloric intake? Could the testasterone response be from shock? Or dealing with bad breath from other rats... lol
    Last edited by no1ninja; 02-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beaner7789 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just got my new stack

Morning upon waking: 3 juiced onions

Pre Wo: 2 juiced onions w/ Ginger

Post Bed: 3 juiced onions w/Garlic (For that good morning breath)

THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ginger + coconut oil + onion juice = who needs all these overhyped, overpriced supplements?
    People who still enjoy their social life?
    Olympus Labs/Lyfestyle Research & Development (R&D) Director

not hyooge but healthy dustinlima's Avatar
    dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000)
    i don't socialize by being who im not, so if you can't stand my garlic/onion pore&mouth emissions then gtfo

Originally Posted by dustinlima View Post
    i don't socialize by being who im not, so if you can't stand my garlic/onion pore&mouth emissions then gtfo
    Do you look in the mirror? LOL

I understand your sentiment, but as social animals, we are all bound by the pack to some sort of a degree. (I just bought a bag of onions myself )

Any links to the actual study? Where they given the whole amount once daily, or was it regimented?

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They peeled the onions and put them in a domestic juicer made by Tefal. The juice they got is what they used in their trials.
    Talk about a disgusting method of exogenously increasing testosterone.

The reduction in malondialdehyde concentrations that the researchers found indicates how the onion juice increases testosterone production: antioxidants in onion juice neutralise free radicals in the testes.
    There are much more effective ways to initiate decrements in plasma malondialdehyde concentrations.

The researchers suspect that the antioxidants in question are probably selenium compounds found in onions, and phenols such as quercetin and isorhamnetin [structural formulae shown above]. Isorhamnetin is also made in the body when enzymes convert quercetine with the help of S-adenosylmethionine.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to supplement the isolated constituents, rather than utilizing
    gastrostomy feeding tube insertions?
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In Iran many men who have fertility problems can't afford to buy medicine. That's why Iranian researchers are looking for alternatives to medicines like NAC
    If common amino acids like NAC are not affordable to Iranians.... then how can they afford a Tefal juicer?
    ~

Ten other rats got 0.5 g per kg bodyweight of onion juice, which was pumped into their stomachs using a tube.
    How else could they get the rats to consume that nastiness?
    ~

Spartan Pitbull Ninja Wiz thouomega's Avatar
    thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50) thouomega will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Onions, olive oil, Ginger, and cranberies now I guess in mass amount are the secret natural remedy- I think they otta inject all that crap in some lab rats and look at the blood work, because aperantly by all these studys I have read in this forum the testes of those rat would be dragging on the ground.
    Gains brah, gains.

My Fitness Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GDBodybuilding?feature=mhee

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

onion juice tech

in b4 onionjuicetech hardcore pro series iranian edition

Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would cooking the onions degrade the active substances?
    Always Rep back

Originally Posted by zreniger View Post
    Agreed. Anyone attemting to drink raw onion juice to raise testosterone, is broke.

Originally Posted by ImeniaanIn
    Iran many men who have fertility problems can't afford to buy medicine. That's why Iranian researchers are looking for alternatives to medicines like NAC and selenium.
    So because in Iran, the average population can't afford to buy isolated compounds from antioxidant-rich foods.... they are willing to ingest large quantities of nasty-ass onion juice and basically eat, sleep & sh!t onions to get the job done. No thanks.
    ~

Originally Posted by Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009 Feb; 68(1): 45-51.
    Studies show that antioxidants can increase production of testosterone and sperm in the testes. Studies have also shown that onions contain strong antioxidants. So the researchers put two and two together

Malondialdehyde is a mutagenic substance that is produced when free radicals damage the unsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes. The reduction in malondialdehyde concentrations that the researchers found indicates how the onion juice increases testosterone production: antioxidants in onion juice neutralise free radicals in the testes.

The researchers suspect that the antioxidants in question are probably selenium compounds found in onions, and phenols such as quercetin and isorhamnetin [structural formulae shown above]. Isorhamnetin is also made in the body when enzymes convert quercetine with the help of S-adenosylmethionine.
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE
    Wouldn't it make more sense to supplement the isolated constituents, rather than utilizing gastrostomy feeding tube insertions? There are much more effective ways to initiate decrements in plasma malondialdehyde concentrations. When realizing that there are more effective nutraceutical isolates/antioxidants available that can diminish the presence of excessive lipid peroxidation in testicular interstitial cells, the juicing of raw onions for increased testosterone suddenly becomes primative.

Consider this. Evidence has shown that excessive lipid peroxidation accumulation in testicular interstitial cells decreases testosterone biosynthesis. Alcoholic patients suffer from excessive lipid peroxidation accumulation in testicular interstitial cells which is combined with decreased GSH/GSH-Px expression and/or a diminished antioxidant status. Amongst other negative factors, it is my understanding that this impaired ability to counteract excessive ROS formation ect., results in excessive MDA levels, rapid cell lysis and more importantly, a decrease of testosterone biosynthesis [as evidenced by the extremely low testosterone concentrations present in alcoholics].

Here's why I feel this onion study does not relate to elevating testosterone production in non-sedentary humans. 8-week old rats consuming a rat chow diet completely void of antioxidant activity [and full of polyunsaturated fats which are significantly vulnerable to lipid peroxidation], have a comprimised antioxidant status and minimal GSH/GSH-Px expression when compared to rats being administered significant amounts of antioxidants [as evidenced by the large increases in MDA levels in the control group]. A healthy exercise-minded adult doesn't have to worry about a compromised antioxidant capacity and excessive lipid peroxidation, as his or her immune status is fully developed and a proper diet already contains numerous antioxidants which together with exercise diminish excessive lipid peroxidation and enhance the endogenous antioxidant status.
    ~

StimJunkieExtraordinaire hedfullofmusic's Avatar
    hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
    Probably because it would be difficult to inject a whole onion into a rat. Much less expect one to eat it while taking in other calories.

EDIT: I just re-read that, they were given onion juice exclusivly? No other caloric intake? Could the testasterone response be from shock? Or dealing with bad breath from other rats... lol
    lol

bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bad4ego is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hedfullofmusic View Post
    lol
    All I know is by reading this thread they will be alot of bodybuilders (and teens) crying !!!!
    Fear No EGO!
    *Shut up and squat*

Award winning music video producer, MC, lyricist
    http://www.mcpauld.com
    http://www.2real.org
    http://pauldtv.com

Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, this was interesting. Could definitely hide the taste in different kinds of food. But as someone else asked/wondered earlier; will cooking ruin anything? And what effect does this have on humans? I know rats are very similar to humans, but they are rats and we are humans. There is definitely a difference.