Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE exam - SUCKS!!

I just took the ACE certification exam - and let me tell you it is ****ing horrible. I have worked out since I was in 7th grade, played college level athletics, and 2 years of kines classes at penn state and I failed by ONE question.

I was second guessing my answers the entire time - most of the questions did not have the right answers even as an option, and I disagreed with most of the methods they gave as choices. I felt the material was outdated and most of the time the muscles were incorrectly labeled or spelled.

For future exam takers... do not assume that just because you know your stuff you can pass this test; they have different requirements for material that much is certain. You almost have to de-educate yourself haha!
    I feel the way of something beyond but I don't see what I can feel,
    if vision is the only validation then most of my life isn't real

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Farmrodd2223 View Post
    I just took the ACE certification exam - and let me tell you it is ****ing horrible. I have worked out since I was in 7th grade, played college level athletics, and 2 years of kines classes at penn state and I failed by ONE question.

I was second guessing my answers the entire time - most of the questions did not have the right answers even as an option, and I disagreed with most of the methods they gave as choices. I felt the material was outdated and most of the time the muscles were incorrectly labeled or spelled.

For future exam takers... do not assume that just because you know your stuff you can pass this test; they have different requirements for material that much is certain. You almost have to de-educate yourself haha!
    No offense, but that's why you should study instead of going in over-confident in your abilities and assuming you know it all. I'd argue that the things you think you know are in fact probably the incorrect broscience that you need to de-educate yourself about, most things you learn as you go are complete nonsense and not backed by science. Most major certs back their theories with science so at the very least they have more basis to them than gym science and anecdotal self evidence.

Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farmrodd2223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I agree I should have bought the study materials, however when I look at how much I paid for the exam as well as my education I figured I shouldn't need to. It just goes to show that college does not always translate into the real world. Im sure my pre-physical therapy classes were better than "broscience": I am educated believe it or not.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah I agree I should have bought the study materials, however when I look at how much I paid for the exam as well as my education I figured I shouldn't need to. It just goes to show that college does not always translate into the real world. Im sure my pre-physical therapy classes were better than "broscience": I am educated believe it or not.
    That sucks you missed it by 1 question. You can get the ACE book from amazon for about 50 bucks that way you'll know the answers for sure. It'd be better than having to pay for the test again.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    No offense, but that's why you should study instead of going in over-confident in your abilities and assuming you know it all. I'd argue that the things you think you know are in fact probably the incorrect broscience that you need to de-educate yourself about, most things you learn as you go are complete nonsense and not backed by science. Most major certs back their theories with science so at the very least they have more basis to them than gym science and anecdotal self evidence.
    Hmm. Takes a lot to say you failed, reps. Better luck next time
    ha ha NEG me!!

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

NESTA MMA Conditioning Coach Certified

atalley23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atalley23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a kines degree as well but if you are taking a certain exam, you should always study the materials the test provider offers. Do they still do the "scenario" as the second part of the exam? That part was definitely a challenge for me when I got certified 5 years ago. Best of luck to you next time!
    One Decision, One Committment, One Life

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had to lie on some of my test answers for my certification(not ACE). It doesnt feel good going against knowledge that you posses from experience but you have to give the answer they consider correct even if you disagree with it. Some of the things I have learned in a lifetime of training arent in any book but what can you do. Better luck next time.

Thanx for the amazon tip! Yeah most of their answers were " which is the BEST option" or "what would be the LEAST da da da..." and i mean like 50% of the answers. I could be wrong, but that seems way too objective; I always was like well I wouldn't say any of these are the best, so what is ACE going to say is the best... BULL SHt!!

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ah, now that you made it clear it makes a little more sense why you went into it like that. Unfortunately, certifications often want their trainers to preach their mantra and so they test you on their proprietary systems, which you can only learn from the books... sucks I know. Amazon is good, or maybe a colleague who already took the ACE exam can let you borrow it for free? Even better!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)

ACE sucks

The entire ACE program sucks. They have been certifying people for over 20 years but still haven't made enough money to open their own proctor centers. They don't advertise on TV, radio, fitness magazines. They don't sponsor fitness contests, events, competitions...nothing. They just suck trainers dry and give them this cheezy paper cert.

They are an example of a poorly run organization and that inferior managerial leadership trickles down to their programs.

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would suggest getting a better cert if you have your degree. ACE is a cert I would suggest for a beginning trainer with no prior knowledge or formal education.

Just my .02

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    I would suggest getting a better cert if you have your degree. ACE is a cert I would suggest for a beginning trainer with no prior knowledge or formal education.

Just my .02
    That's the problem. Ace certifies tons of these types of people and because of it, our profession is a joke.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ronin4help View Post
    that's the problem. Ace certifies tons of these types of people and because of it, our profession is a joke.
    the reason why our profession is a joke is because of how companies pay their trainers and think of them as nothing but salesmen. If raises were based on things like the results we get for our clients(along with decent hourly pay), and not on things like hitting quota then more trainers might give a ****.
    For the record, i know plenty of good ace cert trainers(i am nsca).

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The reason our profession is a joke is because there is no law that one must be certified, much less hold a degree to be a PT. Just think if one had to go through the same training and education to be a personal trainer as one does to become a physical therapist...
    I think that America has warmed up to the benefits of personal training. It's sad to say, but now it's up to the government to regulate it. Once that happens, then we can get the insurance companies on board and become a legit profession. Until then, any jackass can claim to be a pt, it's just the way it is.

simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JulianBee View Post
    That sucks you missed it by 1 question. You can get the ACE book from amazon for about 50 bucks that way you'll know the answers for sure. It'd be better than having to pay for the test again.
    Good advice on getting the book on Amazon. Thanks.
    Lift and Separate
    AFPA Certified Personal Trainer

Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kratos138 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanx for the amazon tip! Yeah most of their answers were " which is the BEST option" or "what would be the LEAST da da da..." and i mean like 50% of the answers. I could be wrong, but that seems way too objective; I always was like well I wouldn't say any of these are the best, so what is ACE going to say is the best... BULL SHt!!
    Yeah this is it right here. When taking the ACE exam you have to answer the questions in the "what would the ACE manual say is best?" way. Before I took the test I looked up a lot of feedback on the internet and everyone said that same thing. It's more about picking the most conservative, sometimes nerdy trainer answer than what you would actually do in the situation.

At least now you know how to go in the second time.

p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) p_trainer4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ace

Sorry to hear that. That's why I liked AFAA workshop. They covered the materals that would be on the test and more. There was no confusion just a lot of studying on the muscle groups and proper form for different exercises.

Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Big_Pete1000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So what is better in everybodys opinion. ACE, ACSM, NASC, or ISSA? I am currently taking a class at my college which is ACE preperation. Some of the answers do seem very funky and even the teacher will say that "This is what ACE looks for" and not always agree.

ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Big_Pete1000 View Post
    So what is better in everybodys opinion. ACE, ACSM, NASC, or ISSA? I am currently taking a class at my college which is ACE preperation. Some of the answers do seem very funky and even the teacher will say that "This is what ACE looks for" and not always agree.
    I'm taking my cert through ISSA. The set up is different than ACE. with ISSA you have the option of taking it online or mail it in either way you taking it at home. you could also go to a seminar and take the test afterwards. I got my material including test for $520 and I got two years to complete it. It consist of multiple choice, true or false, matching, calculations, exercises, 2 case studies, and 6 learning experiences.

IKEWEAR1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tubby2hunny View Post
    Hmm. Takes a lot to say you failed, reps. Better luck next time
    What's the word on the Nesta MMA conditioning coach certification I'm studying for right now any insider tips for the test is there pretest out there I can take

ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ptfitness4life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    The entire ACE program sucks. They have been certifying people for over 20 years but still haven't made enough money to open their own proctor centers. They don't advertise on TV, radio, fitness magazines. They don't sponsor fitness contests, events, competitions...nothing. They just suck trainers dry and give them this cheezy paper cert.

They are an example of a poorly run organization and that inferior managerial leadership trickles down to their programs.
    American Council on Exercise is a not for profit organization I believe.

They don't advertise is actually a good thing. Advertising tends to cheapen a product .

They DO sponsor events, symposiums, they do an awful lot when it comes to promoting exercise, health and well being.

They have the best website with tons of free info, their youtube channel can not be topped by any other certification organization and their ******** pages are chock full of helpful info.

Their certification is amongst the most revered in the industry.

Unsure why you have to promote falsehoods when it comes to ACE. Perhaps you care to share your personal history with this fine organization.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My degree was in education and we would spend entire college courses just on how to write and prep students for an exam. Content knowledge is one thing, but studying for a specific exam (or not studying properly) can kill you, no matter how well you know the content.

Sincer3lla17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take the ACE Exam in August- That being said, I've taken several state board exams previously, and they are all based on the material that corresponds with the classes, unfortunately. For example in health care, the focus is safety first, when in reality it's not always the most practical way to handle a situation, however for the sake of passing the test, you just have to swallow your pride and go with what you believe the school prefers.

Originally Posted by Sincer3lla17 View Post
    I take the ACE Exam in August- That being said, I've taken several state board exams previously, and they are all based on the material that corresponds with the classes, unfortunately. For example in health care, the focus is safety first, when in reality it's not always the most practical way to handle a situation, however for the sake of passing the test, you just have to swallow your pride and go with what you believe the school prefers.
    If you are trying to obtain a credential that requires you to 'submit' to an inferior mindset then the real question is why are you associating yourself to that program in the first place?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Gordonn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Me to I just took the ACE certification exam today and I failed by 9 points wich is ONE question.... I was preparing for this exam for 4 months, I goo trough all material that was given to me and plus I bought additional practise test from ACE of 750 Q and I learn them to... I was sure that I will pass it... The Q on the test is totally different than that I was practising. Multi choice answer wich none of the answer makes sense to be the right one...

Me to I just took the ACE certification exam today and I failed by 9 points wich is ONE question.... I was preparing for this exam for 4 months, I goo trough all material that was given to me and plus I bought additional practise test from ACE of 750 Q and I learn them to... I was sure that I will pass it... The Q on the test is totally different than that I was practising. Multi choice answer wich none of the answer makes sense to be the right one...

If they grade on spelling... that may have been a factor.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.