Closed Thread
Page 51 of 330 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 9883
    Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The workouts are looking good all over in here, great stuff. You guys really help keep me motivated.

Capt the garage looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Nice job on the squats jf

I had two scoops of the jack3d tonight for my squat session as well, seemed to help a lot

Squats: 135x8,225x5,305x5x5
    DB Stiff leg deads: 45x8x3

arm assistance, SS Hammer curls to Overhead tri: 35x8x4

The squats were ATG and I just hit 300x5x5 a couple weeks ago. 305 went pretty well tonight.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Happy 4th!!

I hope all of you have a great 4th of July weekend. Have some fun and watch some fireworks. Everyone be safe.

The most important thing to remember is that you live in the greatest country in the world, the USA.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome garage as others have said!

Haven't been on the forums as much. Working OT at work. Still flipping car parts on the side on ebay and CL. Saving money faster than I had thought I'd be able to.... hopefully a garage of my own will be a reality before too long. Looking like 30x30 will be my best option. That will give me room for 2 cars plus workshop/tool space plus gym space. Also it will layout in a way that I can add an extra 20' to the front or back at a later time.

It's been over 110+ degrees here lately. Working 10 hour days outside in 110 degrees really drains you. I'm still maintaining my workouts... but I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to get little to no project car progress done the next couple months. (no garage, no carport)

I still am wanting a sissy squat or quad blaster. I have some wooden planks in good shape available at the job if I decide to make a quad blaster. I'm also seriously considering just buying a commercial sissy squat on ebay but freight shipping is a killer. Looks like I'd be looking at a total of about $300 shipped for a couple different commercial sissy squats available at the moment.

Anyone car to comment on using a sisy squat or quad blaster? I've never tried one.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RemainDieHard View Post

Haven't been on the forums as much. Working OT at work. Still flipping car parts on the side on ebay and CL. Saving money faster than I had thought I'd be able to.... hopefully a garage of my own will be a reality before too long. Looking like 30x30 will be my best option. That will give me room for 2 cars plus workshop/tool space plus gym space. Also it will layout in a way that I can add an extra 20' to the front or back at a later time.

It's been over 110+ degrees here lately. Working 10 hour days outside in 110 degrees really drains you. I'm still maintaining my workouts... but I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to get little to no project car progress done the next couple months. (no garage, no carport)

I still am wanting a sissy squat or quad blaster. I have some wooden planks in good shape available at the job if I decide to make a quad blaster. I'm also seriously considering just buying a commercial sissy squat on ebay but freight shipping is a killer. Looks like I'd be looking at a total of about $300 shipped for a couple different commercial sissy squats available at the moment.

Anyone car to comment on using a sisy squat or quad blaster? I've never tried one.
    I want a sissy squat too. I saw that one on ebay that you are probably referring to and I agree, shipping was as much as the piece itself ($190.00)! So the total was right at $400.00.
    jrr, a member here, had one that he was going to sell not long ago. I asked about it a few weeks back and he still had it. You may want to check with him.

I want a garage just as bad as you. I dont know if I will ever have the $$ for it. But I really, really need the space.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a sissy squat manufactured by All Body Training (although I've never been there they still have a store in Closter, NJ and sell on Ebay as well...I'm not sure if they manufacture much equipment anymore). The one I have is comparable in manufacturing quality to something Yukon or Body Solid puts out.

I use mine once a week or once every two weeks...for me it isolates the quads pretty well (I always do it after squats).

I think it's a nice piece to have if you have the space. I hope that helps.

Attached Images

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry but I can't help putting it out there

Happy Birthday Animal

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    The workouts are looking good all over in here, great stuff. You guys really help keep me motivated.

Capt the garage looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Nice job on the squats jf

I had two scoops of the jack3d tonight for my squat session as well, seemed to help a lot

Squats: 135x8,225x5,305x5x5
    DB Stiff leg deads: 45x8x3

arm assistance, SS Hammer curls to Overhead tri: 35x8x4

The squats were ATG and I just hit 300x5x5 a couple weeks ago. 305 went pretty well tonight.
    Same to you

My arm day last night was the same as last week:

Hammer curls SS with overhead tri extensions

50x8x30
    50x8x30
    50x8x30
    50x8x30

Hammer curls SS with overhead tri extensions SS with regular curls

50x8x30x6

I noticed something else weird about Jack3d, it seemed to give me super hearing or something. I was lying in bed at 2AM and heard a vibration and thought, "That sounds like my phone, weird." The next morning I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw my phone sitting on the table, so I checked it like usual. I had a text message from 2:18AM. So the phone was all the way downstairs in the kitchen and I heard its weak ass vibration (so weak I can't even feel it in my pocket when it goes off) from my room while my fan was on high.

Very odd. It also kind of kept me up, I had trouble falling asleep. I wasn't wide awake, but kind of in that threshold between sleep and being awake. May have been a fluke though, we'll see next time I take it.

Oh, and I got a foam cannon for my car. Thing is bitchin.

EDIT: It's animal's birthday? Happy birthday
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.18

I HATE lightbulbs.

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    I want a sissy squat too. I saw that one on ebay that you are probably referring to and I agree, shipping was as much as the piece itself ($190.00)! So the total was right at $400.00.
    jrr, a member here, had one that he was going to sell not long ago. I asked about it a few weeks back and he still had it. You may want to check with him.

I want a garage just as bad as you. I dont know if I will ever have the $$ for it. But I really, really need the space.
    I know I have more than enough for the slab. I'm looking at doing a lot of work myself and getting people to do work "on the side" such as concrete finishing. Also I'd pay for the concrete truck so no markup.

I ought to just try making a sissy now that I have a welder, but it's a question of time, as then I'd have to spend hours just locating materials, let along the actual construction.

PM sent on that sissy.

Happy bday Animal.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Try a sissy squat old school first:

http://www.greatweightlifting.com/Le...-Exercise.html

www.palmieribodybuilding.com/Sissy%20Squat.pdf

Kinda makes the expensive equipment unneeded.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

JF did you ever put that heat shrink on your hooks? Mines still holding up great. Yours must take a lot more abuse than mine though.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Try a sissy squat old school first:

http://www.greatweightlifting.com/Le...-Exercise.html

www.palmieribodybuilding.com/Sissy%20Squat.pdf

Kinda makes the expensive equipment unneeded.
    Board under the heels? I always heard that was a huge no no.

Unneeded? I thought we were the gear sluts?!?!?

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks for the happy birthdays, fellas. i'm leaving for another one of my son's games, be back on later.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Board under the heels? I always heard that was a huge no no.

If you keep the upper body way way back so your knees aren't thrown out front they aren't that bad for the knees and you can't use much more than bodyweight, in fact it takes practice to even use bodyweight.

If the board is a crutch to allow you to drop your butt lower at the expense of your knees it is a bad thing. In this case it is there to support you and allow you to still push off your heels so not bad. You could do them without the board but you still have to go up on your toes to complete the movement.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice little Saturday afternoon DL session:

225 x 8
    275 x 6
    315 x 5
    365 x 2
    365 x 2
    385 x 1
    405 x 1 *PR*

GHR
    BW x 10 x 5

Felt pretty good with my pulls. Hit 405 which is a PR for me. Have tried it 2-3 other times this year and never got it up. I don't max very often, so not sure what I'd hit if I were on fresh legs, but very happy with that lift (was pretty solid, good lockout, hold and return). I left it on the bar all week (missed it last time I DL'd on 6/24) so I'd have to look at it every time I went in the garage. I think switching up my grip has definitely made the difference. Just started using an over/under within the past month or so and am already feeling like I can hold on better in the high 300's. Also, broke squats and deads into different days the past 2-3 weeks.

I am happy pulling almost 2x body-weight at 6', that's a hard pull for us taller guys (well me at least).

Hope everyone has a good 4th! Family, food, pool and fireworks for me (as long as the weather holds), throw in a case of shiner blond and should make for a pretty good day!

Oh, and Happy Bday animal!

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That's what I'm talking about......Wildtim....bite your tongue
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I bought my new iMac today. Mother of God. It is great and so much faster than my old Mac. I got the 27" Dual Core. I'll put a pic up later. I've spent the last 2 hours importing my iTunes and setting up bookmarks etc... I still need to get in my arm training. Should I skip? No, I'll do it.

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    thanks for the happy birthdays, fellas. i'm leaving for another one of my son's games, be back on later.

Happy Birthday big man! I hope its been a good one.

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    I bought my new iMac today. Mother of God. It is great and so much faster than my old Mac. I got the 27" Dual Core. I'll put a pic up later. I've spent the last 2 hours importing my iTunes and setting up bookmarks etc... I still need to get in my arm training. Should I skip? No, I'll do it.
    My friend keeps trying to sell me on a Mac. Sounds like you approve as well.
    They are just dang expensive!

On a completely unrelated note, I think I may have finally chosen a martial arts school and made a verbal commitment (after 3-4 years of wavering and making excuses). I am supposed to start Tuesday. Its actually a brand new school that is just opening. The Chief Instructor just moved here from Florida, where he already has one dojo open.
    I spent an hour one on one with him on Friday, trying to get a feel for his style, learn about his credentials, see what he offered and of course, negotiate a price.
    He gave me a good deal, but it is still more $ than the other school I planned to join. But, this really close to the house (less than 5 miles) and I really liked the vibe I got from him. I will do the 1st class for free and then make a final decision.

Anyways, I am pretty stoked about it as one of my mid to long term goals is to be a DT instructor for LE academies.

www.ShankAZombie.com

My friend keeps trying to sell me on a Mac. Sounds like you approve as well.
    They are just dang expensive!
    That is a myth. Price out a Windows PC with a 27" screen, a 1 terabyte hard drive, 4 gigs of RAM and all the included software that a MAC has. The price isn't that different. Also, no viruses, no malware, no extra money every year for Norton etc...

I had my last MAC for 7 years. It never crashed once. I never shut it down, I just put it to sleep. The backbone of OS X is Unix. Rock solid and used for decades on networks and servers.

I should work at the Apple Store...

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That is a myth. Price out a Windows PC with a 27" screen, a 1 terabyte hard drive, 4 gigs of RAM and all the included software that a MAC has. The price isn't that different. Also, no viruses, no malware, no extra money every year for Norton etc...

I had my last MAC for 7 years. It never crashed once. I never shut it down, I just put it to sleep. The backbone of OS X is Unix. Rock solid and used for decades on networks and servers.

I should work at the Apple Store...
    No viruses/malware is also a myth for Apple.

And for the record, I can build a quad core PC that can play any game out there and have tons of horsepower for a lot less. That's where most people get the "PCs are cheaper" line, because building them is the only way to go. A dual core computer that starts at $1700? No thanks. I very quickly priced out this PC for around $1260:

Core i-7 quad@2.8GHZ
    ATi 5850 1GB
    4GB of GSkill RAM
    1TB HDD
    Corsair 700w PSU
    27" monitor
    Asus motherboard

That has more CPU and GPU power than the $1700 iMac (and $2000 for that matter) and it's $500 cheaper ($800 cheaper than $2000 model). Apple wants $200 more if you want a CPU that is .27GHZ faster than the default one. I don't know what software comes with a Mac, but most people have all the software they need from previous computers.
    Last edited by jfindon; 07-03-2010 at 10:23 PM.

I HATE lightbulbs.

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    thanks for the happy birthdays, fellas. I'm leaving for another one of my son's games, be back on later.
    happy birthday !!!!!!!!!!

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BRUTUSPLAC View Post
    happy birthday !!!!!!!!!!
    thanks guys! it was a pretty good day. kids woke me up this morning, brought me a few gifts in bed. i got a tigers hat and a justin verlander collectable. then:
    -they took me out to breakfast- i ate a ton. 3 pcs french toast, 3 eggs, bacon, and a blt.

-watched my oldest boy play 2 baseball games and hit in the home run derby.

-i hit in the "adult" home run derby (he wanted me to). i hit a couple good ones, no homers though. bounced a couple off of the 335' fence in center. he pitched to me, so that was cool.

-hung out with the youngest kids and mrs. animalfan

now i'm getting ready to get to bed, going to bench with the team in the morning.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

computer accessory help?

Alright crew, since we were just talking about Macs vs PCs, I have a question for you guys.
    I want a cord that connects my PC to my new Samsung tv...so if I wanted to watch youtube stuff on the big screen or like last night, watch a live feed of a UFC fight on the tv instead of my 15" PC screen....

I was told that BestBuy does NOT sell these cords that connect a pc to a tv at all. I was skeptical of this, but skipped BestBuy and went to Radio Shack instead. They only had a full kit that did this and some other things, but it was $99.

Alright, so other than what I was told by a computer savvy friend and going to Radio Shack, I havent done any other checking into this/research.
    So, I ask, does anyone know where I can get one of these (either online or at a regular store) and about how much it would cost? I seriously doubt that they should cost more than $15, but what do I know?

Just FYI, my Tv has one of those 15 pin style connections for a PC, with small screwholes on either side, much like you would see with a printer hookup.

Thanks in advance.

www.ShankAZombie.com

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Price is gonna depend on how far away your tv is from your computer.(longer cable=more money)

I am by no means an expert(my tv isn't hooked to my computer) but I did find this site for ya to help choose your cable according to your hookups.Price for a 15' cable for HDMI tv is about $25 to get digital or about the same money for a VGA hookup(which you say you have) to get an analog signal
    http://pctvcables.com/select-your-pc-to-tv-cable.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

I'd use www.monoprice.com for cables. Much cheaper than anywhere else.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    No viruses/malware is also a myth for Apple.

And for the record, I can build a quad core PC that can play any game out there and have tons of horsepower for a lot less. That's where most people get the "PCs are cheaper" line, because building them is the only way to go. A dual core computer that starts at $1700? No thanks. I very quickly priced out this PC for around $1260:

Core i-7 quad@2.8GHZ
    ATi 5850 1GB
    4GB of GSkill RAM
    1TB HDD
    Corsair 700w PSU
    27" monitor
    Asus motherboard

That has more CPU and GPU power than the $1700 iMac (and $2000 for that matter) and it's $500 cheaper ($800 cheaper than $2000 model). Apple wants $200 more if you want a CPU that is .27GHZ faster than the default one. I don't know what software comes with a Mac, but most people have all the software they need from previous computers.
    But it's not a Mac...

I love Macs. I have owned them for 25 years and can't imagine using a PC. I use one at work all day and it is just terrible. You would have to tie me down and beat me to get me to buy one.

As far as viruses etc... I have never had one in 25 years. Ever.

But it's not a Mac...

I love Macs. I have owned them for 25 years and can't imagine using a PC. I use one at work all day and it is just terrible. You would have to tie me down and beat me to get me to buy one.

Speaking of PCs at work...I have been telling my boss that my computer is the slowest I have ever used and it prevents me from completing my work in an efficient manner. He kept saying that I am just whining and that when he started working here, they didnt have computers, only pen and paper (remember that I am in law enforcement).

This past week, I just happened to talk to a guy from our IT department in Atlanta. He was trying to reach our secretary, who was off and I answered the phone. He said that our secretary had filed a work ticket (asking for IT help) saying that her computer was slow. He asked if I was having problems and I told him, the same ones I have had since I got here...its the slowest machine I have ever used. He asked me to check my properties and see how much RAM I have. I did and told him.....256mb.

He didnt believe me. He said they have been getting rid of computers which 10x that amount and how could I have been able to do anything and why havent I asked for some help/a replacement. I told him that I was told that I was just "whining."

256 mb of RAM! It was a surprise to even me. My Zune has 30gb for God's sake! Unreal.

Rant over.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Speaking of PCs at work...I have been telling my boss that my computer is the slowest I have ever used and it prevents me from completing my work in an efficient manner. He kept saying that I am just whining and that when he started working here, they didnt have computers, only pen and paper (remember that I am in law enforcement).

This past week, I just happened to talk to a guy from our IT department in Atlanta. He was trying to reach our secretary, who was off and I answered the phone. He said that our secretary had filed a work ticket (asking for IT help) saying that her computer was slow. He asked if I was having problems and I told him, the same ones I have had since I got here...its the slowest machine I have ever used. He asked me to check my properties and see how much RAM I have. I did and told him.....256mb.

He didnt believe me. He said they have been getting rid of computers which 10x that amount and how could I have been able to do anything and why havent I asked for some help/a replacement. I told him that I was told that I was just "whining."

256 mb of RAM! It was a surprise to even me. My Zune has 30gb for God's sake! Unreal.

Rant over.
    Your Zune has a 30gb hard drive. But, 256mb RAM is really low. And slow...

My first computer in 1984 was an Apple IIc. It had 128K of RAM. That's right, K.

But it's not a Mac...
    No, it's a more powerful PC that can play games maxed out without an overpriced brand name attached to it

That's how I feel about Apple products.

I haven't had one on my PC in the past decade. If you know what you're doing, they're not an issue on PCs either. You don't hear about them on Macs because in the grand scheme of things, no one uses Macs compared to PCs. People who write malware don't waste their time with viruses for Macs when the world runs on PCs.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Your Zune has a 30gb hard drive. But, 256mb RAM is really low. And slow...

My first computer in 1984 was an Apple IIc. It had 128K of RAM. That's right, K.
    Yeah, I know its different, but it was the best comparison I had. I am QUITE CERTAIN my Zune has a larger hard drive than my work computer as well.

Either way, I think you feel my pain...Im not much better off than you were in 1984...but apparently Im just whining.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Price is gonna depend on how far away your tv is from your computer.(longer cable=more money)

I am by no means an expert(my tv isn't hooked to my computer) but I did find this site for ya to help choose your cable according to your hookups.Price for a 15' cable for HDMI tv is about $25 to get digital or about the same money for a VGA hookup(which you say you have) to get an analog signal
    http://pctvcables.com/select-your-pc-to-tv-cable.html
    Yeah, I have HDMI hookups on my PC and TV as well. But the spot I mentioned actually has a "PC" label on it.
    If I can use the HDMI jacks, then that would be the better route anyways.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    I'd use www.monoprice.com for cables. Much cheaper than anywhere else.
    Will check there, thanks!

www.ShankAZombie.com

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 330 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast