dynamicdna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

FID Bench Recommendations for Tall Guy

I'm looking for a flat incline decline bench that preferably has leg bracers for sit ups. All of the decent ones I've found have had complaints in the reviews by guys my height (6'3") where they say the bench is either too short or the joint hits at a bad spot on the lower back. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The benches I've been eyeing are:

- Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1

- Body Solid FID46 Flat Incline Decline Bench

I plan to pair it with a PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack

Any help is appreciated.

GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Out of the 2 i would go with the Body Solid FID46. Better quality over the bowflex bench. Granted even that bench isn't going to hold down your legs. Have you looked at the other Body Solid benches? I have the GFID31 at home and like it. What about the GFID71?

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't have any personal experience with the Ironmaster Superbench, but I have heard that it works well for taller people.

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I don't have any personal experience with the Ironmaster Superbench, but I have heard that it works well for taller people.
    This.

I'm 6'3" and just got the IM Super bench. It's pretty damn good. It's tall and has no joint/gap to worry about.
    It's also fairly compact and very very solid.

Not sure how it will do with your power rack (shouldn't be a problem I dont think), but I would definitely take it over the 2 benches you mentioned.
    (although I would like to mention that the sit up attachment is extra with the Ironmaster)
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    This.

I'm 6'3" and just got the IM Super bench. It's pretty damn good. It's tall and has no joint/gap to worry about.
    It's also fairly compact and very very solid.

Not sure how it will do with your power rack (shouldn't be a problem I dont think), but I would definitely take it over the 2 benches you mentioned.
    (although I would like to mention that the sit up attachment is extra with the Ironmaster)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    ^^^This^^^ The only complaint that I've ever heard about the IM bench is that it's 20" in height and too tall for normal (shorter ) people.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

dynamicdna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate all of the recommendations.