Closed Thread
Page 20 of 330 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Well a guy who I have tried to meet up with for about 2 weeks but couldnt finally came today to purchase my lat pulldown. He was supposed to come last week, but I was stuck in a murder trial with a liberal jury that deliberated for a day and a half.

Anyways, he came by tonight, didnt even want to try it out and paid my asking price. I asked him about buying my vertical leg press and he said there was no way he had room for it...then said "well, at least let me see it since I am here." (he drove 30 minutes).

He took one look at it and asked if the weight plates were included and I said yes and he said, "Ok, well I only have $100. Let me pay you this as a deposit so that you dont sell it and I will call you tomorrow to work out a time to come back and pay the rest and pick it up, because I have a meeting that I am running late for." (he was still in a shirt and tie).

I have never had a CL deal go this well! Turns out I had a lot in common with the guy and he is a Citadel graduate. Anyways, I will definitely give this guy some bonus stuff that I wasnt planning on, just because.
    congrats bro! doesn't get any better than that.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

This is really interesting. Even never having used a kettlebell I can relate. When doing the barbell Olympic lifts you also want to complete the rotation of your wrists during that moment of suspension when things are weightless. Very logical.

Buff its cool when you meet someone interesting through craigslist. I spent an hour chatting with a guy once after he had paid and loaded his stuff. Pretty cool.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Buff its cool when you meet someone interesting through craigslist. I spent an hour chatting with a guy once after he had paid and loaded his stuff. Pretty cool.
    Yeah, I actually look forward to chatting with this guy when he comes back to pick up the leg press. Like I said, Im even going to throw in 1 or 2 things that I hadnt planned on, just because #1 he paid my asking price without hesitation #2 he drove 30 minutes #3 he was nice/easy to deal with.

who says nice guys finish last?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Ummm. Not really, nearly all home racks are made at just over 2m. I can't recommend enough saving up the extra 100 for the sumo, or 160 for a Powertec and invert the top front cross member.

@Xenophonics I saw a video the other day with a guy reccomending thinking of it as punching up with bell really fast, so it takes some of the momentum out of it and is a bit easier on the wrist as it's not just using momentum to slam it over and round.
    Ok I'll probably get that then. Where's the cheapest place in the UK/Essex to get it?

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    congrats capt- how big is the garage gonna be?
    28ft wide x 48ft deep.The back right corner has already been designated the gym area and my wife knows it

Wow. I hope to have the same one day. Congrats!!
    Thanks Buff.I know you have been wanting to put one up for a while.

Thanks Mensa.Hows everything over in your neck of the woods?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lost my job yesterday! A continuous trail of bad desicions by the owners will probably put them out of business.

I am now a professional man of leisure!

I have been killing it pretty hard on CL and it may just be enough to stay home with the kids for a while.I am looking forward to putting some extra time into my workouts which have been lacking in the last two weeks due to work stress.

I just finished reconditioning a lemond Spin Bike today I got for a steal.it came out awesome and looks almost brand new.It was pretty bad to start.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    Lost my job yesterday! A continuous trail of bad desicions by the owners will probably put them out of business.

I have been killing it pretty hard on CL and it may just be enough to stay home with the kids for a while.I am looking forward to putting some extra time into my workouts which have been lacking in the last two weeks due to work stress.

I just finished reconditioning a lemond Spin Bike today I got for a steal.it came out awesome and looks almost brand new.It was pretty bad to start.
    That sucks 4Me...Hang in there bud
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    28ft wide x 48ft deep.The back right corner has already been designated the gym area and my wife knows it

Thanks Mensa.Hows everything over in your neck of the woods?
    Life is giving and taking. Can't ask much more from it, as it is what you put in vs. the sometimes bumps that can make the difference.

I look forward to seeing the progress of your new structure. Remember to keep us up to date with construction pics. How much gym area are you going to get?

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sorry to hear that. I can speak of the bright future ahead for you, of the many new opportunities that will come your, and that things will be better than before; however, another piece of advice works upfront as well sometimes - Nothing wrong with a few shots of Everclear now and again to "clear the mind"

As to that professional man of leisure gig. How do you get professional status? Whenever I give it a try, I always seem to be an amateur man of leisure.

Hope life treats you kindly, with good quality time with the family.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    yea, i've met a couple nice guys- i probably wouldn't have met keetman in real lift if it wasn't for craigslist (my rack). well, maybe for the arnold last year, but yea.

i've met 2 guys from craigs dealings that i work with. one guy was from an old plant, but he bought a few things from me, and i work with the guy i picked up keet's ironmasters from. i don't talk to either of them much, but i run into both of them now and then.

Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    nice- that's a hellabig garage. how big's the gym section gonna be?

sorry bro, but i'm sure it'll work out in the end. enjoy the extra time for a while then get back into the race.

Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    ... another piece of advice works upfront as well sometimes - Nothing wrong with a few shots of Everclear now and again to "clear the mind" ...
    i'll second that!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ironmaster's are here. Guy said he bought them five months ago. They literally look like they have been picked up twice. Got everything for $350.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^Nice score man, they look great

lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've only had four bites on my dumbbells on craigs. I'm a little surprised, didn't think they would last more than a day or two.

They'll sell though.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Finally ordered my custom dumbbells from shermworks, 1-3/8" thick handle, and long enough to hold twenty 10lb plates on each dumbbell.

Here is the pick he sent me right before I paid for them:

I'm custom making my own collars, as i dont want to pay $65 for 2 pairs of bulldog collars from ironmind if I can make them for half that, and do it at work (so technically I get paid to make them)
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

anonymous

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Deload

I deloaded this entire week. No lifting at all. I still did my morning cardio and Recon Ron. Other that that, nothing.

I have to admit, it was nice. This is the 1st break I have taken in 4 months. I'll be ready to go again on Monday. The free time after work was nice. I'll miss it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    I deloaded this entire week. No lifting at all. I still did my morning cardio and Recon Ron. Other that that, nothing.

I have to admit, it was nice. This is the 1st break I have taken in 4 months. I'll be ready to go again on Monday. The free time after work was nice. I'll miss it.
    haha I did the same thing, It was real nice for me too.
    and I am down to 170 lbs, 5 - 10 more lbs to go till I am beach ready.
    I am on week 5 of 5x5 and it is getting pretty tough.

lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone else in the northeast get their basement flooded? I have to throw a bunch of stuff out, but I guess that just gives me more room for my equipment.

Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    Finally ordered my custom dumbbells from shermworks, 1-3/8" thick handle, and long enough to hold twenty 10lb plates on each dumbbell.

Here is the pick he sent me right before I paid for them:

I'm custom making my own collars, as i dont want to pay $65 for 2 pairs of bulldog collars from ironmind if I can make them for half that, and do it at work (so technically I get paid to make them)
    those are nice, congrats.

Originally Posted by JumpSmash View Post
    haha I did the same thing, It was real nice for me too.
    and I am down to 170 lbs, 5 - 10 more lbs to go till I am beach ready.
    I am on week 5 of 5x5 and it is getting pretty tough.
    i have a love/hate relationship with deloads. i know they are good for me but i get so bored. i always do some light work, but want to go heavy. i'm gonna be doing light stuff next week and probably the week after.

Originally Posted by lemieux66c View Post
    Anyone else in the northeast get their basement flooded? I have to throw a bunch of stuff out, but I guess that just gives me more room for my equipment.
    that sucks, sorry bro. how much water did you have in it? last time my mom's flooded, they were on vacation. i went over to take care of her cat, and the litter box was floating in about a foot. had to replace her sump pump and use the pool pumps to get the water out.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    those are nice, congrats.
    thanks m8 cannot wait to get them
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have a love/hate relationship with deloads. i know they are good for me but i get so bored. i always do some light work, but want to go heavy. i'm gonna be doing light stuff next week and probably the week after.
    I wasn't that bored. I caught up on some TV I had on DVR and it is March in Phoenix. That means flawless weather. I'll be back on the weights Monday. I may switch to a high rep/lower weight routine for 3 months. Not sure yet.

I wasn't that bored. I caught up on some TV I had on DVR and it is March in Phoenix. That means flawless weather. I'll be back on the weights Monday. I may switch to a high rep/lower weight routine for 3 months. Not sure yet.
    i guess bored is the wrong word to use- i suppose "restless" fits better. i kinda start feeling stressed out if i don't do at least a little lifting. i'm kind of an a**hole in general, i find that workouts make me a little less irritable. i know my wife would agree, and i think my team at work would too.

anonymous
    Has anyone cut down a squat rack before, is it easy?

anonymous
    I'd need a 7' bar right? As atm I have a 5' one.

I am now considering the sumo rack and anything near £300, but I wouldn't have to cut the sumo rack.

I can stick a normal bench in there right? Also would I be able to rack the barbell on the back bars for the bench, or just the front?

Thanks.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright guys, checking in.....even though this place seems a little lonely these days . Its about 75-80 degrees here with a strong breeze. I have shut the air conditioner off (which I seldom do once it warms up), opened up the house, and I'm headed outside. I also just finished my training for the day, which was pretty good....finished with a nasty row on the new C2......like it, like it alot. I'll have the workout up on the log shortly if anybody cares to look, but it was relatively non-exciting. Can't say I won't check back in today, but the goal is to spend time outside with the critters and family.....then build a bonfire tonight and throw a couple back in the woods.

Hope y'all have a good weekend and if you're Christian......have a Blessed Easter.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Alright guys, checking in.....even though this place seems a little lonely these days . Its about 75-80 degrees here with a strong breeze. I have shut the air conditioner off (which I seldom do once it warms up), opened up the house, and I'm headed outside. I also just finished my training for the day, which was pretty good....finished with a nasty row on the new C2......like it, like it alot. I'll have the workout up on the log shortly if anybody cares to look, but it was relatively non-exciting. Can't say I won't check back in today, but the goal is to spend time outside with the critters and family.....then build a bonfire tonight and throw a couple back in the woods.

Hope y'all have a good weekend and if you're Christian......have a Blessed Easter.
    You use your air conditioner when it is 75 degrees? Really? I must be used to the heat of the desert. I don't turn mine on till it gets over 90.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You use your air conditioner when it is 75 degrees? Really? I must be used to the heat of the desert. I don't turn mine on till it gets over 90.

Yes.

I don't like to sweat when I'm sleeping. The other night I noticed the ******t room temp was 74 degrees, so I set the AC to 71.....nothing crazy, just knocking it down a bit. I also have a Geo-Thermal system, so its pretty efficient for AC use. Further, I'm an ugly conservative....so yea, I insist on wasting as much energy as I can afford.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Yes.

I don't like to sweat when I'm sleeping. The other night I noticed the ******t room temp was 74 degrees, so I set the AC to 71.....nothing crazy, just knocking it down a bit. I also have a Geo-Thermal system, so its pretty efficient for AC use. Further, I'm an ugly conservative....so yea, I insist on wasting as much energy as I can afford.

LOL

I also overuse the A/C, but I keep the windows open and let it cool down to around 58 at night so I dont have to use it much. My pets don't like the temperature above 70 so above 70 and I run the AC too.

Deep south here, I refuse to be uncomfortable in my own house. If it's hot outside, I turn the AC on. If it's cold I turn the heat on.

hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    same here.
    My parents won't let me turn it on cause they want to save energy and money. Last year they've been more flexible but before then we never turned on the AC. It was like hell.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 330 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast