Closed Thread
Page 18 of 330 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BRUTUSPLAC View Post
    i am still searching for more 10lb & 7.5 lb plates

I'm gonna list to TRADE my 25lb standard and some O 25lb plates for even amount of standard 10lb plates soon .

i love the pro style dumb handles i got off e-bay.

GOOD LUCK
    Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    thanks bud, got one bite so far off CL want ad, dunno how much i can him him down to though, as they are york and ivanko plates.
    i just did my first dumbbell workout at home yesterday around this time, finally got some olympic dumbbell handles recently, i knew i had been neglecting my chest with the fly type movement that you hit with dumbbells and cables, got up to 60 pounds on the dumbbells plus the dumbbell and collars and did a few sets, chest is too sore today, my bench is around 300 and 130-140 lbs total just kicked my ass, had me kind of baffled but i love the range of motion and stretch i get with them, im thinking my chest is really bottlenecking my bench now and cant wait to see what kind of jump i see in my bench once i start really incorporating this into my regular chest workouts, really glad i got a second bench now to, finally getting put to use, my garage gym looks 90% of what i want it to, short of a cable crossover and down the line after i get to try them in a store to see if i like them, a ghr and a concept 2 rower

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah dumbbells are a different kind of beast than barbell bench, but definitely nice to do, as it works muscles you don't usually hit as hard.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah dumbbells are a different kind of beast than barbell bench, but definitely nice to do, as it works muscles you don't usually hit as hard.
    yeah they hit my pecs and shoulders or front shoulders, whats that muscle called? anyway it hit those super hard, i just added them to a regular bench day and compared to my chest my triceps dont feel sore at all

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    since I've started doing heavy dumbbell presses (well, heavy to me), I've started to get a ton of stretch marks where my pecs and anterior deltoids meet. Guess it helped rapidly build up that area lol.

since I've started doing heavy dumbbell presses (well, heavy to me), I've started to get a ton of stretch marks where my pecs and anterior deltoids meet. Guess it helped rapidly build up that area lol.
    I already have those stretch marks from losing weight, what's your bench compared to your dumbbell fly press?

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    i just did my first dumbbell workout at home yesterday around this time, finally got some olympic dumbbell handles recently, i knew i had been neglecting my chest with the fly type movement that you hit with dumbbells and cables, got up to 60 pounds on the dumbbells plus the dumbbell and collars and did a few sets, chest is too sore today, my bench is around 300 and 130-140 lbs total just kicked my ass, had me kind of baffled but i love the range of motion and stretch i get with them, im thinking my chest is really bottlenecking my bench now and cant wait to see what kind of jump i see in my bench once i start really incorporating this into my regular chest workouts, really glad i got a second bench now to, finally getting put to use, my garage gym looks 90% of what i want it to, short of a cable crossover and down the line after i get to try them in a store to see if i like them, a ghr and a concept 2 rower
    excellent !

Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    I already have those stretch marks from losing weight, what's your bench compared to your dumbbell fly press?
    Bench max is 315 to 320

Dumbells I don't max, but I do sets w/ 112.5's (prolly a bit higher if I did not do them right after bench press)
    Last edited by xephonics; 03-28-2010 at 09:54 AM.

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys,Been a few days. Been busy working and other things.In case you don't see it,here's my CL deal today.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post469478501

Pretty happy

Supposed to deads today but its not gonna happen.Little girl was up most of the night with a molar coming in and I can't get more than a couple feet from her before she throws a fit so no deads today.

Later

Oh and Skid....nice drive by
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

anyone know if play it again sports usually stocks kettlebells?

It is too late for me to call them, and I was curious.

I want to get one or 2 so i can do cardio at work, as sometimes i dont have time to do it at home.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got another c2 model D today.. Guess it was meant to be ;p

I want to get one or 2 so i can do cardio at work, as sometimes i dont have time to do it at home.
    the ones over here stock apollo brand. no idea about your area though.

http://midwestfitnesssolutions.mysho...ollections/all

this place has em pretty cheap. About $1.35 shipped. I haven't shopped around though
    Last edited by blaze_itt; 03-29-2010 at 06:10 PM.

hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blaze_itt View Post
    I got another c2 model D today.. Guess it was meant to be ;p

the ones over here stock apollo brand. no idea about your area though.

http://midwestfitnesssolutions.mysho...ollections/all

this place has em pretty cheap. About $1.35 shipped. I haven't shopped around though
    was it the one for $350?
    I really thought about getting it but no drive. I really need to get a permit. My dad's like never home these days. In fact, I didn't see him for a week until saturday night. I've been missing out on so much deals lately.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hellzlegend View Post
    was it the one for $350?
    I really thought about getting it but no drive. I really need to get a permit. My dad's like never home these days. In fact, I didn't see him for a week until saturday night. I've been missing out on so much deals lately.
    Yea. He first posted it at $300 and I was the first to e-mail him. He changed the price to $350 saying 300 was in error but since I e-mailed him so fast, he kept the price, which is very respectable of him..When I got there he told me that another guy just offered him $400. I saw that ad and I was gone like the wind

I'm tired of driving though. LA/OC traffic can be hell sometimes

thanks man that is a good price

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what weight I should start out at. It will just be for cardio, so would 35lb be ok, or do you have to scale up/down with your overall strength?

hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellzlegend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blaze_itt View Post
    Yea. He first posted it at $300 and I was the first to e-mail him. He changed the price to $350 saying 300 was in error but since I e-mailed him so fast, he kept the price, which is very respectable of him..When I got there he told me that another guy just offered him $400. I saw that ad and I was gone like the wind

I'm tired of driving though. LA/OC traffic can be hell sometimes
    yea especially at this time. 5-7pm. worst time to drive EVER!

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what weight I should start out at. It will just be for cardio, so would 35lb be ok, or do you have to scale up/down with your overall strength?
    for cardio a 35 lb will probably be good, that's what I use and it kicks my ass

If it's just for cardio, 35 lb should be ok but it might depend on your strength. Most people including myself start with the 35 but it is pretty easy now. I just tried it and it is pretty good for high rep stuff, though I pretty much only use the 53 most of the time

You can always replace the KB with a dumbbell. I prefer most of the kettlebell type exercises with a db except for the swings. If you are going to get the kb, maybe you can try some dumbbell swings or other exercises with the db to see what weight you want. If you have spinlocks then maybe you can double up on the locks or use some hose clamps on the outside of the locks.

You can also make a home-made t-handle from home depot for swings.

http://www.davedraper.com/pmwiki/pmw...mWiki.T-Handle

Originally Posted by hellzlegend View Post
    yea especially at this time. 5-7pm. worst time to drive EVER!
    just thinking about it makes me mad

If there's anything you want and it is really close to me, then ask me and if I'm free I can probably try to get it for you.. If you pay for my gas Nothing too far though lol

would i base it off any other lifts (like DL or something) to see what I should get?

Or is it too unique of an exercise for that?

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

the two which are close to me do carry new cap kettlebells. they don't restock them very often, though.

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    the two which are close to me do carry new cap kettlebells. they don't restock them very often, though.
    kool, thx for the info man

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Hey guys,Been a few days. Been busy working and other things.In case you don't see it,here's my CL deal today.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post469478501

Pretty happy

Supposed to deads today but its not gonna happen.Little girl was up most of the night with a molar coming in and I can't get more than a couple feet from her before she throws a fit so no deads today.

Later

Oh and Skid....nice drive by
    those york plates are cool- i really want a pair of those ferrignos, though. i saw a pair on ebay last year and missed them.

congrats on the score! i feel you on the teething child, i definately do not miss those days.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    those york plates are cool- i really want a pair of those ferrignos, though. i saw a pair on ebay last year and missed them.

congrats on the score! i feel you on the teething child, i definately do not miss those days.
    I was pretty excited to see milling on the back of those York bumpers

All of them have been repainted black and it was poorly done so I'm gonna strip them down to bare metal and make a decision whether to repaint or not.From the info I've gathered on the Yorks, they were originally red so I may redo them that color.we`ll see.

I've got 2 sets of the Ferrignos but one has a piece broken out of the hub.I think I can still use it though as long as there is a plate on the outside of it.

Is the bold really a hint
    Last edited by captmorganm6; 03-30-2010 at 01:34 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    I was pretty excited to see milling on the back of those York bumpers

All of them have been repainted black and it was poorly done so I'm gonna strip them down to bare metal and make a decision whether to repaint or not.From the info I've gathered on the Yorks, they were originally red so I may redo them that color.we`ll see.

I've got 2 sets of the Ferrignos but one has a piece broken out of the hub.I think I can still use it though as long as there is a plate on the outside of it.

Is the bold really a hint
    yea, i think the yorks are supposed to be red. the 45# ferrignos i've seen were blue, not sure if they all were.

lol, it wasn't really a hint, just a little emphasis. i've been able to find ivankos and yorks when i was looking, just haven't come across any of the ferrignos.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    would i base it off any other lifts (like DL or something) to see what I should get?

Or is it too unique of an exercise for that?
    I'd just play around with a couple in the store and that should help you figure it out. Just remember for cardio you are probably gonna be doing mostly swings, swings and more swings. So you want a weight that you can do some pretty high reps with.

I got some pretty funny looks when I had about 4 different kettebells all around me on the floor at Sports Authority.

wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfsburg2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got a nice pair of Rubber coated Ferrignos in my CL score. I'll have to post Pics. They are sweet.
    Gym.....Tan.....Laundry **Georgia Crew** Newton County** ** Twinlab MILITIA member since 2014 **

starting the arduous task of drilling 88 holes in my older model legend 3133, figured I'll go ahead and half the hole spacing, so.... yay lol

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    starting the arduous task of drilling 88 holes in my older model legend 3133, figured I'll go ahead and half the hole spacing, so.... yay lol
    Whoa! Why not just put in a few more where you think you need em? I know it won't be fun lugging that beast around to work on it...

anonymous
    Is this safe brahs?

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...r-catchers.php

edit: 107cm high lol wut.

karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karnavorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RambJoe View Post
    Is this safe brahs?

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...r-catchers.php

edit: 107cm high lol wut.
    Looks like a cheap knockoff of

http://www.theg2scart.com/Garage_Gym.../g2ssqtdip.htm

Safe. Maybe, maybe not.

I've seen the bodymax stands before the GG ones even came out. Seems like a great cheap starter option

Closed Thread