Closed Thread
Page 41 of 330 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 9883
    Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Holy hell did you guys see this?? Its popping up in the misc a lot right now

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm

Freaking metals in protein powders including ON and Muscle Milk... what the hell

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Holy hell did you guys see this?? Its popping up in the misc a lot right now

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm

Freaking metals in protein powders including ON and Muscle Milk... what the hell
    I saw a short bit about that on the news last night but forgot to check the brands.... I'll have to look into it more, I use a ton of ON.

EDIT: Only Extreme Milk Chocolate and Vanilla? Or are they the only ones they tested?

Muscle Milk is the highest for lead, glad I've only had one of them in my life.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.18

I HATE lightbulbs.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    I saw a short bit about that on the news last night but forgot to check the brands.... I'll have to look into it more, I use a ton of ON.

EDIT: Only Extreme Milk Chocolate and Vanilla? Or are they the only ones they tested?

Muscle Milk is the highest for lead, glad I've only had one of them in my life.
    From what I understand they picked fifteen and tested only those. Yeah I went through a 2.5lb tub of Muscle Milk and never bought anymore. I use ON and Syntha, but now I'm a little paranoid about using them at all... which sucks, I average 2 to three shakes a day.

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I drink 4

I want to know about the rest of the ON flavors damn it. Granted they're not that high, but I wonder if they all have the issue.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.cytosport.com/news/press/...-cytosport-inc

Take it for what it's worth (coming from the company who sells the product in question). I don't generally buy Muscle Milk but I have gone through a few bottles. Summarizing the link, the levels were for 3 shakes a day, and were over proposed new US Pharmacopeia levels. The cited amounts were under the currently accepted levels.

I read the npr article about the CR article, and they had a pretty questionable statement about the max level of protein your body can use (in the .6g/lb - 1.08 g/lb range for a 200 lb male, which is well below the generally accepted 1 to 2 g/lb most serious lifters go by).

So do realize they're out to write a good (controversial) story, and will bend the facts to support this (between saying the body cant process protein and using new unapproved levels)

Here's the quote on max protein intake:

Kathleen Laquale, a licensed nutritionist and certified athletic trainer, told Consumer Reports:

"The body can only break down 5 to 9 grams of protein an hour. Any excess that is not burned for energy is converted to fat or excreted, so it's a ridiculous waste to be recommending so much more than you really need," she says.

Also, for anyone interested, fun facts about cadmium:
    http://www.eco-usa.net/toxics/chemicals/cadmium.shtml

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    Kathleen Laquale, a licensed nutritionist and certified athletic trainer, told Consumer Reports:

"The body can only break down 5 to 9 grams of protein an hour. Any excess that is not burned for energy is converted to fat or excreted, so it's a ridiculous waste to be recommending so much more than you really need," she says.
    How many 'experts' did they reach out to?? I bet this woman just gave them the lowest number. I heard that as well when I was getting my education, and the recommendation was not to eat any portion of mean meat larger than the palm of your hand at one sitting.

Those numbers are probably from the same subjects who lead Doctors to publish the outrageous BMI specs that also fail to consider athletes with any sort of muscular development. In other words, 5' 8" 140-150 lb men with moderate physical activity who probably wouldn't be taking powdered protein to supplement their diets in the first place.

Not massive men with 180-250+ lbs of LBM who's muscles are getting tore up from the floor up 4-5x per week. I do think that a lot of lifters over-do their protein on a per meal basis, but that's why any nutrition plan worth a crap will call for so many meals per day.

Also, that's why we live in homes with indoor plumbing and flushing toilets.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

This vacation might be alright after all, I get a complementary pass to a new gym

I see a half rack there, that's probably the only thing I'll use but it's 100x better than any "fitness" rooms the past hotels have had. Has DBs and kettlebells, DBs only go up to 50 again but I can make it work. I may even bring an IM dumbbell with me.

Anyway, today:

Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x5

470x3
    470x3
    470x3

I feel dumb posting such a dinky set of 3. Wish I could do 5 without having my back fried for squats.

Anyway, I had to shuffle my feet in the first rep since the bar was so off centered, and I almost fell backwards in the last set because these shoes are totally shot. In the second set I actually did start falling, luckily I caught myself and the wall was right there.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7592790/20140867

Pull-ups

BW+35x5
    BW+35x5
    BW+35x5
    Last edited by jfindon; 06-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I see a squat rack, that will come in handy. There might be a bench press there in the back in front of the treadmills. Don't see a half rack though that thing on the right looks like a Smith machine. I hope the VKR has a dip station for you. I'm betting you will really piss somebody of when you deadlift in there, you probably will have to bring your own chalk too

The've got kettlebells though!

I hope you have fun though it doesn't look like your style of place:

http://www.macfitnessclub.com/Club/S.../Home/home.asp

Not one of the people on staff is a weightlifter of any type. SO enlighten them to what moving heavy things is really about
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I see a squat rack, that will come in handy. There might be a bench press there in the back in front of the treadmills. Don't see a half rack though that thing on the right looks like a Smith machine. I hope the VKR has a dip station for you. I'm betting you will really piss somebody of when you deadlift in there, you probably will have to bring your own chalk too

The've got kettlebells though!

I hope you have fun though it doesn't look like your style of place:

http://www.macfitnessclub.com/Club/S.../Home/home.asp

Not one of the people on staff is a weightlifter of any type. SO enlighten them to what moving heavy things is really about
    Yeah, I meant squat rack not half rack. I'll probably try to do my squats a day early at home, but we'll see. I've never been to a gym so I don't know "etiquette", I take 5 minute breaks between sets and since there's one rack, that may not fly. Though from what I read, no one really squats in gyms anyway.

I wasn't even going to try to deadlift, I'll probably get kicked out

I HATE lightbulbs.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The OP in this thread negged me for posting the popcorn cat. What a douche.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124960661
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i cannot believe that call in the tigers game today. galarraga lost his perfect game on a terrible call- here's a pic:

how can that dude be safe at first base? the first base ump (jim joyce) admitted that he blew the call, after seeing a replay, in an interview afterwards. i understand that replay is not part of the game for calls like this, i wish i could see the play from joyce's angle. this would have been the first perfect game in tiger's history, and only the 21st in the history of the game.

taken from this article on the detroit tiger's website:
    http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=det
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I would not have exchanged words with that Ump, and I would have been letting a bat do the talking to his head.

All I can say is that the league better never have that ump in the stadium again. People in Detroit love their Tigers and more than a few aren't worried about going back to prison especially with the job situation the way it is.

I'm surprised the article didn't describe the ump as: Jim Joyce who lives at 443 baker, and drives a blue Ford

I have never understood why replay isn't a part of baseball, it's not like there already isn't enough time between plays to make sure the calls were right. Do it like hockey, make a call on the field, and if it needs overturning the booth can call down.

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    The OP in this thread negged me for posting the popcorn cat. What a douche.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124960661
    Did he make a negative coment? or are you going by the blue dot?

Blue dots don't count. Until you have enough posts and time on the board your reps are neutral, that's what the blue dot means.

If he actually mad a negative comment I'll thump him with ya though, I like popcorn cat.

Yeah, I meant squat rack not half rack. I'll probably try to do my squats a day early at home, but we'll see. I've never been to a gym so I don't know "etiquette", I take 5 minute breaks between sets and since there's one rack, that may not fly. Though from what I read, no one really squats in gyms anyway.

I wasn't even going to try to deadlift, I'll probably get kicked out

If I were you I would have to do my squats at the gym, if they have enough plates. There is a chance no one in that gym has yet put up the kind of numbers you do. It would be fun to see some of the jaws on the floor around the place.

Since you take long rests be willing to pull plates off and let someone work in and you will fine etiquette wise. If anyone asks if you are done with a piece of equipment just say: "no I'll be using it for x amount of time more (Sets can be long or short with rests and all time is more polite), you are welcome to work in if you like." Help them set-up for their set and watch them through it, then go back to yours.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I were you I would have to do my squats at the gym, if they have enough plates. There is a chance no one in that gym has yet put up the kind of numbers you do. It would be fun to see some of the jaws on the floor around the place.

Since you take long rests be willing to pull plates off and let someone work in and you will fine etiquette wise. If anyone asks if you are done with a piece of equipment just say: "no I'll be using it for x amount of time more (Sets can be long or short with rests and all time is more polite), you are welcome to work in if you like." Help them set-up for their set and watch them through it, then go back to yours.
    ^^^^^ This. I've worked out in mostly gyms my whole life until the last 5 years or so when it was all home gym. Be prepared to let people work in, of course heavy weights on the bar will probably scare them away from asking.

Side note funny story:
    I was working out for the first time at a different Bally's than my usual one back in Texas. It only had two bench press stations and both were in use. I saw one big farm boy using a decent weight so I asked if I could workout with him. He grunted yes. I jump in and do a set and he's behind me cussing up a storm, every other word is f*&k this and mother f$%k. I jumped up after my set and yelled at him about having a problem letting me work in. (not the smartest probably as he was a good 5 inchers taller and 50lbs heavier). He pinches himself hard and walks out of the weight room. I'm standing there, in retrospect thankful that the scene didn't escalate, when one of the regulars comes up to me and explains that the guy had turrets syndrome and they had become accustomed to those outbursts. Just be prepared, you'll meet all kinds in commercial gyms.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did he make a negative coment? or are you going by the blue dot?

Blue dots don't count. Until you have enough posts and time on the board your reps are neutral, that's what the blue dot means.

If he actually mad a negative comment I'll thump him with ya though, I like popcorn cat.
    It was a blue dot. His comment was "no help". I guess he doesn't understand humor. Or how to read the stickies.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Haha. I'm most worried about the "trainers" since I've heard tons of stories about how stupid most are. I'm a bit worried about how I'd react if one told me I was squatting "wrong" or something. I'll have to see exactly what they have and go from there.

Did anyone check my video out in my other post? It's just a link since I couldn't embed it, is my form still decent? I started feeling off again when deadlifting but think I got it under control.

I HATE lightbulbs.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did anyone check my video out in my other post? It's just a link since I couldn't embed it, is my form still decent? I started feeling off again when deadlifting but think I got it under control.
    your form looked fine to me, your back stayed flat and you pulled cleanly. it just looked like you weren't comfortable with the stance/grip you used for the set.

it seemed like you maybe rushed through your setup and just didn't have it "right". great song, by the way.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    i cannot believe that call in the tigers game today. galarraga lost his perfect game on a terrible call- here's a pic:

how can that dude be safe at first base? the first base ump (jim joyce) admitted that he blew the call, after seeing a replay, in an interview afterwards. i understand that replay is not part of the game for calls like this, i wish i could see the play from joyce's angle. this would have been the first perfect game in tiger's history, and only the 21st in the history of the game.

taken from this article on the detroit tiger's website:
    http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=det
    First of, I hate baseball-most boring sport to me (even more than golf or tennis).

But dayum....he definitely blew that call badly. I heard about the situation, but seeing that still shot really is telling. I know everyone makes mistakes.....but how can you rip off a guys perfect game on a call like that? Wow.
    Sorry about that animal.

In other news, Go CELTICS!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

your form looked fine to me, your back stayed flat and you pulled cleanly. it just looked like you weren't comfortable with the stance/grip you used for the set.

it seemed like you maybe rushed through your setup and just didn't have it "right". great song, by the way.
    Thanks Probably from the previous set where I almost fell backwards, the shuffling to center the weight, and being pissed that the first video cut out halfway thanks to dead batteries.

I really need to get a pair of Chucks or something, these shoes are way too floppy now.

I HATE lightbulbs.

That freaking sucks, I heard they are reviewing it this morning though, maybe they will reverse it? It seems like the only right thing to do here.

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    It was a blue dot. His comment was "no help". I guess he doesn't understand humor. Or how to read the stickies.
    What a moron, thinking he has any neg power at all.

jfindon in a commercial gym? You're gonna be even more thankful for your home gym after this I bet... I hate not being able to get a decent workout in on vacation though, so that should be nice for you

@Mitrovski and FGR, thanks for the info guys, it does kind of seem like this is being blown out of proportion, I am just shocked to find this out. I still had a shake before my session last night though, so I'm not to worried about it, but I am probably gonna cut back on my shake intake. I don't buy the protein intake stuff either, I know what works for me, I don't need some pencil neck telling me I eat too much protein.

Anyway, had a good squat session last night. It was my first since I got some pointers from here on my form. I appreciate all the tips and help, I could really tell a diference last night. I brought my stance in a little bit and really focused on sitting back on my heels. I took some video and was gonna post it last night but we lost power for an hour and half or so due to a freak storm... maybe I will post them later.

Squats
    135x7
    225x5
    315x5
    315x5
    315x4(oops)
    295x5

Man, I really could feel a difference as I was getting deeper and feeling comfortable with it... but I seem to have lost some strength because of it. I would rather have good form though so no big deal, I'm sure I will get the strength up.

DB Lunges
    60x8
    50x8
    50x8

My legs are killing me today, but in a good way

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Guys, was up?

Yankee, I think he negged CGC as well....and then CGC still tried to help him. LoL.

Pool Update: The pool is now almost full....it would be full now, but I didn't want to run the hose all night long or it would over flow. The pita contractor finished some stuff yesterday and the concrete guy is coming this weekend to nail down what I want. Hopefully sometime next week he'll come set up his forms, then the final inspection, then concrete. Since the two contractors have to be there the day the concrete guy pours.....I'm guessing I'll have my patio in July.

Yesterday's pain:

Squats

Bar x 15
    80 x 15
    105 x 15
    130 x 15
    105 x 15
    80 x 15

GHR Situps

BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Calf Raises

100 x 18
    100 x 18
    105 x 18
    125 x 19

**Done on the Leveraged Squat Machine and the extra reps was me screwing with my partner.

GHR's

BW x 7
    BW x 7
    BW x 7
    BW x 7

Power Hypers

1/2" Band

Leg Curl / Leg Extension (SUPER SET)

55# X 15 (Each exercise)
    60# X 15 (Each Exercise)
    65# X 15 (Each Exercise)

Total Time was about 87 minutes.

Again, we're just screwing around for the next month and kind of freelancing. This is our leg workout and it seems to be pretty tough. The weights are low, of course, but with the higher reps I feel like I've done something when done. My legs still hurt now actually
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    First of, I hate baseball-most boring sport to me (even more than golf or tennis).

But dayum....he definitely blew that call badly. I heard about the situation, but seeing that still shot really is telling. I know everyone makes mistakes.....but how can you rip off a guys perfect game on a call like that? Wow.
    Sorry about that animal.

In other news, Go CELTICS!
    i still don't get it. i am just glad my name isn't jim joyce, that's for sure. he's supposed to work the game today, but he's scheduled to be behind home plate. if i were him, i wouldn't be at all interested in going to comerica park this afternoon. i feel terrible for last night's pitcher (galarraga), and honestly, i feel bad for the ump. he's had a 22 year major league career, and has been a good ump. his "legacy" is mucked up now- by reading a few articles this morning, many players and coaches thought he was one of the best. i'm sure this will fade, but from now on, when people think of him, this is what they will think of.

i feel the same about basketball as you feel about baseball, but "go celtics" from me, too. i dislike kobe.

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i still don't get it. i am just glad my name isn't jim joyce, that's for sure. he's supposed to work the game today, but he's scheduled to be behind home plate. if i were him, i wouldn't be at all interested in going to comerica park this afternoon. i feel terrible for last night's pitcher (galarraga), and honestly, i feel bad for the ump. he's had a 22 year major league career, and has been a good ump. his "legacy" is mucked up now- by reading a few articles this morning, many players and coaches thought he was one of the best. i'm sure this will fade, but from now on, when people think of him, this is what they will think of.

i feel the same about basketball as you feel about baseball, but "go celtics" from me, too. i dislike kobe.
    I agree that watching basketball is pretty boring as well, but I will catch some playoff games if I am interested in the teams. Other than football and mma (and the Masters golf tournament), I really dont enjoy watching ANY sport, I would much rather play said sport.
    I played centerfield my senior year in high school and it was ok, but should have run track instead. Our baseball team sucked, we won 2 games in 5 years.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Thanks Probably from the previous set where I almost fell backwards, the shuffling to center the weight, and being pissed that the first video cut out halfway thanks to dead batteries.

I really need to get a pair of Chucks or something, these shoes are way too floppy now.
    i freakin' hate when my camera's batteries die in the middle of a set.

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    That freaking sucks, I heard they are reviewing it this morning though, maybe they will reverse it? It seems like the only right thing to do here.
    well, it would be cool for them to do, but i don't think they will. it really sucks for the team, though- they won't ever get to celebrate like they would have last night. i'm still very happy for galarraga- i thought he was a very good pitcher for a while, then i kinda wrote him off as a "has been". i'm glad he has turned it around, and hope he can keep it up.

nice squatting, too. 315x5 is a goal for me.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Hey Guys, was up?

Yankee, I think he negged CGC as well....and then CGC still tried to help him. LoL.

Pool Update: The pool is now almost full....it would be full now, but I didn't want to run the hose all night long or it would over flow. The pita contractor finished some stuff yesterday and the concrete guy is coming this weekend to nail down what I want. Hopefully sometime next week he'll come set up his forms, then the final inspection, then concrete. Since the two contractors have to be there the day the concrete guy pours.....I'm guessing I'll have my patio in July.
    congrats on the pool almost being done! nice workout, too. high reps are fun sometimes.

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    I agree that watching basketball is pretty boring as well, but I will catch some playoff games if I am interested in the teams. Other than football and mma (and the Masters golf tournament), I really dont enjoy watching ANY sport, I would much rather play said sport.
    I played centerfield my senior year in high school and it was ok, but should have run track instead. Our baseball team sucked, we won 2 games in 5 years.
    i played right and left field. i had a lot of fun, but wasn't very good at it. i have always loved baseball, i'm glad my son plays. he's better than i was, so it's fun to watch him. of course, i'd watch even if he wasn't any good- it just makes it more exciting since he's a good player. don't worry- i'm not one of "those" dads that get pissed when their kid messes up. there are tons of those at his hockey games!

later fellas, gotta head off to work. come on weekend!

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Hey Guys, was up?

Well brother, dont feel too bad about the pool. Mine was beyond saving this year (too much algae, I didnt take care of it in the offseason like I should have). So, we just drained it and are now refilling it, it should be ready by the weekend. I hate that your workers/contrractors are being such asses about everything, I hope when its all done you guys enjoy it!

www.ShankAZombie.com

He better call in sick.

Hell if I were the guy who should have been the last out I would have argued the call. Just to be one of the players in someone else's perfect game gets your name in a special place.

In 22 years that ump has never had a more important or historical call, he blew it, Now he will be remembered forever and rightly so as "That Dumbass". His career should be over, he only has one job, one base to watch, one runner, one fielder, nothing else to do and he blew it as badly as possible.

Well I'm $568 lighter and have a pair of IM dumbbells in my trunk Bench will be in at the end of the month, getting that for $200.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I'm $568 lighter and have a pair of IM dumbbells in my trunk Bench will be in at the end of the month, getting that for $200.

YAY!!!!!!!! (How do you spell "Yay"......I'm having a brainfart).

Happy for you my friend......although, if anybody can tear up an IM bench....its probably you .

Buff.......that really sucks about having to refill your pool. Are you doing it from your city water, well, or having it trucked in? Mine is a bit over 15000 gallons and would cost about $900 to have it trucked in. I could fill it with my well, but that puts a lot of stress on the pump I think and I don't have a hydrant near me . I do have a buddy that just bought a house with a pool (Animal...its Kenny, he went out with us when you were here last year). He just filled it with his hose and it will increase his water bill by like $200 (and his pool is a lot bigger than mine, I think he thought it would be over 30000 gallons!).

Have you seen this site: troublefreepool.com ?

I found it the other day and it seems to be a really good source for information. I'm going to get a test kit from them. They do sell a kit to clear up even the worst algae attacked green pools....apparently too late for you, but maybe next time? Personally, I've seen some nasty pool water that people have turned to clear blue......I've never had to do it (with the above ground we used to have) because the paper filter was useless for such things, but I think its a pretty remarkable demonstration of the power of chemistry .

Anyway, I think this situation will end for me without attorney involvement, but we'll see.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 330 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast