Closed Thread
Page 330 of 330 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330
Results 9,871 to 9,883 of 9883
    twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Yea this guy was great, he is actually a friend of my girlfriend's father so I was a little concerned as he tends to like intense and expensive guys. This guy didn't charge us for the hour he was there, did a full walk through.

So the problem is that almost directly above these joists is the original staircase to the second floor. This has been closed off and effectively a closet since they built a new staircase in the addition. This stairwell/closet cuts the kitchen and dining room off, also the side door (which will be primary) faces the basement stairs with hardly any extra room - hence why we want to move them. He said we should have no problems putting them where we want or taking the others out. But we're not ready for that yet as the kitchen remodel is a few years out, as is paying someone to install new stairs.

At the time that I started on that house someone told me to live in the house for a year before doing any major work. These are words that still echo in my ears, because I had done a few initial projects early on that had to be redone when I started on the whole rebuild. Luckily they were small projects. After you and the wife live in the house a while, and set up your patterns, you'll truly find out what you can live with and what you can't. I'm glad to see that you're trying to do this with the heating system, trying to make it last at leat another winter until you figure out the big picture.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    i want to see pics . how big is the basement total? will your gym go in there?
    It separated into two areas, the original basement and the addition's which has a garage door.

I have not yet determined if my rack will fit the height - I would in the original basement, but it is pretty tight already with everything down there. Maybe if I move the W/D and utility sink....

We'll see. A friend got a very nice (and tall) shed put up on a concrete slab for around $5k (gotta love the Amish) so that may be an option but there are other things that need to be done first.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post

We'll see. A friend got a very nice (and tall) shed put up on a concrete slab for around $5k (gotta love the Amish) so that may be an option but there are other things that need to be done first.
    When I worked on that old house, I had always wanted a garage/shop but kept putting it off for other projects. After a couple of years the wife actually insisted it was time to put other stuff on hold and build the shop, which ended up being 18'x36' and two floors. I got 18x30 for the shop, 6x18 was for yard storage and the upstairs was for other storage. It gave me space to work on house projects (Kitchen cabinets, built-ins, etc.), replaced the 8x10 yard shed, and gave us extra storage for stuff and we cleared out a rental storage unit. Exercise stuff went in the basement, as well as a spare fridge,and other things. The attic then became a finished office. We agreed that we probably should have done ityears before as it made working on the house much easier, cleaner and alot less noise (important when little ones are around).

As soon as the bones of the house are good, think about an outbuilding.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    What?!?

LoL.....

Animal..... we seriously walked a hundred yards in to snowy woods at night with a chainsaw and a flashlight....then carried that heavy POS back to your truck.....so you could get some firewood?

Could've went to the edge of the woods and filled your truck up a lot easier.

No more logs for you....

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    At the time that I started on that house someone told me to live in the house for a year before doing any major work. These are words that still echo in my ears, because I had done a few initial projects early on that had to be redone when I started on the whole rebuild. Luckily they were small projects. After you and the wife live in the house a while, and set up your patterns, you'll truly find out what you can live with and what you can't. I'm glad to see that you're trying to do this with the heating system, trying to make it last at leat another winter until you figure out the big picture.

This seems like sage advice for anyone moving into a new home.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, you dropped a log in Animal's truck?

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    LoL.....

Animal..... we seriously walked a hundred yards in to snowy woods at night with a chainsaw and a flashlight....then carried that heavy POS back to your truck.....so you could get some firewood?

No more logs for you....

This seems like sage advice for anyone moving into a new home.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Sorry didn't see this post till Keet quoted it.

Yes, I totally get what you are saying. Right now we have a tentative first year plan. First part of the plan is that it's a big house, 2600+ sq ft, 5bdrms, 3 full bath. Two bedrooms and a bath are on the first floor. While they will eventually be the home office and guest room our plan is to live in those for the winter and close of the second floor as much as possible so we don't have to heat all of it. So first year plan (not in order):
    -Roof, required
    -Power wash the exterior
    -Replace the heater: I am really leaning toward just getting a new boiler (or fixing the existing) and then looking at other options for cooling. Perhaps do "central" air on the second floor because the ductwork is so basic dropping in from the attic and then do room units - either window or the ductless wall mounts on the first floor.
    -First floor bathroom: I need a decent bathroom for the baby to get a bath in. I like the vintage pedestal sink, will replace the toilet, reglaze the existing tub, new faucets, gut it (currently there is only subfloor), tile it, install an exhaust fan. Everything in this list I can do with friends, I have at least 3 with the experience to do it in two weekends (and that is only because of reglazing the tub). It's not a very large bathroom either bout 4x8. Replumb with pex, again easy DIY.
    -Joists: I think I am going to buy the jacks and poles, and just start slowly raising it. Because of the issues with the second stair case to check level, I think I will leave it on poles until we address the stairs - the engineer said that would be fine.
    -Seal stucco cracks
    -Clean and refinish existing windows - they are single pane with a storm. I have actually seen that the new mid level windows (not the high end Anderson) don't offer as big an efficiency increase as some think. I also know that windows come up quite frequently on CL and in area building materials "second hand" stores from people buying the wrong size or too many. I will keep an eye on them, I think I will consider replacing the first floor windows more for security than anything else. I have access to experienced window installers so this will be an as available type project, like one room at a time.
    -Re-insulate the attic floor.
    -Replace the garage door, I think I have one for free if it is the right size.
    After that it will be cosmetic work -painting, replacing carpet in two rooms, going to rent a floor washer for the hardwoods but I think there are too many patch jobs to put a lot of money/time into that.

Eventually I will redo the second floor baths.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Dude, you dropped a log in Animal's truck?

I didn't want to and I was ashamed of myself. But right at the end there, when I knew he was leaving and wouldn't be buying me anymore beer.... I looked down at that Michigan License plate and something came over me. Maybe it was the alcohol, or the crisp Ohio December air, or maybe...just maybe the Ghost of Woody Hayes came up behind me and whispered subtly ".....you have some business to take care of...he's a friend, but he still lives up there..."

I just couldn't resist and for that I am the lesser man.

But that silly Wolverine is the one that took it out of the truck, kept it in his yard until it got soft....then told us about it.

Let the games begin.....only 64 days left!

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Great photo ! Hopefully it's your kid wearing #7

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No more logs for you....
    I didn't mean to do that, but I got lazy about it. I forgot it was snowy out there when we got it. If this one doesn't get finished, I'll just buy a damn steel one.

I didn't want to and I was ashamed of myself. But right at the end there, when I knew he was leaving and wouldn't be buying me anymore beer.... I looked down at that Michigan License plate and something came over me. Maybe it was the alcohol, or the crisp Ohio December air, or maybe...just maybe the Ghost of Woody Hayes came up behind me and whispered subtly ".....you have some business to take care of...he's a friend, but he still lives up there..."

I just couldn't resist and for that I am the lesser man.

But that silly Wolverine is the one that took it out of the truck, kept it in his yard until it got soft....then told us about it.

Let the games begin.....only 64 days left!
    Eh, at least it came out clean. With the size of that thing you should have made quite a mess with it Looking forward to the game, but I just hope the outcome upsets you!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Took my 4 yr old out this morning to catch the space shuttle fly by from my buddy's ranch. Pretty cool to see even if we didn't get very close.I got some pics but nothing worth showing.
    My BIL in Southern Ca who works for Disney sent this pic.
    Attached Images
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I got this photo during today's hike. The sun had already risen, but was just peeking over a hill next to the trail. Tone mapping the image brought out foreground detail and additional detail in the clouds too.

Attached Images
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I got this photo during today's hike. The sun had already risen, but was just peeking over a hill next to the trail. Tone mapping the image brought out foreground detail and additional detail in the clouds too.

Freakin Awesome work there!
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    alright guys(and girls) this thread has reached it's limit. if one of you havent already start a new one up.

thanks
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Closed Thread