Closed Thread
Page 267 of 330 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,010 of 9883
    animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damn Keetman, I missed your head wound pic, just saw it. OUCH!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    Thanks for posting your hiking pictures. They motivate me to get back on my feet & back on the trail. Arizona is an awesome place & your pics show it's natural beauty. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
    Thanks!

I was concerned that you might be bummed seeing my photos knowing that you couldn't get out for a while yet. It's good to know that you find them motivational.

I'm heading up to Four Peaks tomorrow. We'll be hiking / scrambling up to the top of Brown's Peak, the left-most of the four peaks when viewed from the valley. I especially enjoy the last bit of the hike. There's some easy (class 3) climbing involved. It's still exhilarating though because there's a bit of exposure. I'll post some photos if they turn out well.

My hiking is going better than it has in many, many years. I had incurred injuries (broken ankle and shattered heel) while rock climbing in the early 90s. Ever since those injuries, up until recently, I would be limping and in quite a lot of pain at the end of a long hike - or sometimes even just a short hike, or on a bad day, just walking across the street. Recently, however, due to self-administered trigger point therapy, my foot and ankle have been feeling a lot better. It still hurt yesterday at the end of the hike, but I wasn't limping. And, when I got out of the truck after driving home, I was able to immediately put weight on it without being in excruciating pain.

Last fall, by massaging the Soleus, I was able to fix some really bad heel pain (plantar fasciitis) that made it difficult to even get out of bed in the morning. As I've been learning more about trigger point therapy, I began to wonder if some of the pain in my ankle might be due to referred pain by other calf muscles with trigger points. (I figured it was coming from the joint itself.) I did some more reading and discovered that the various Peroneous muscles can refer pain to the outside of the ankle. I did some poking around and, sure enough, there were a bunch of tender spots which are indicative of trigger points. I've been massaging them and my ankle is feeling better now than it has at any time in nearly twenty years!

If you don't know about it yet, this is something that you might want to look into as you rehab your knee. It's my understanding that long inactivity or unaccustomed muscle use can cause trigger points. Trigger points are just small knots in muscle which can refer pain to another location, often a joint, that may be some distance away. So, while massaging the site of the pain might do no good, massaging one or more muscles some distance away might rid you of the pain - in many cases, almost instantly. You often need to work on them awhile - a little at a time over a number of days or weeks - to get them to fully release.

The book that I've been recommending to everyone is The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies. I have purchased several other books on the topic, but of them all, I find this one to be the most useful of the lot.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Keet, that had to hurt man. The worst I got was a grated shin when bumping into it during DL's, luckily I use a different bar for Bench work. I thought that you mentioned, in the TPB thread, that you didn't think the knurling was too agressive ?

I hope all is OK.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Ok, jfindon always does it, my turn.....I got a battle wound today, benchpressing of all things. I had my bench set back too far, but its so big its not really that much of a deal. I noticed I had oriented my body/head to far back and the bar was more forward than it should've been. It wasn't heavy weight, so I wasn't worried about it. When I finished, I forgot about my orientation and quickly sat up....only to meet the new and very aggressive center knurl on the new Texas Power Bar. It was a lot like a cheese grater, only not as much fun. When my buddy got on there next, he needed me to pick my skin off the knurl so it didn't fall in his eye.

Not the greatest pic, but you should get the idea:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Hey Keet, that had to hurt man. The worst I got was a grated shin when bumping into it during DL's, luckily I use a different bar for Bench work. I thought that you mentioned, in the TPB thread, that you didn't think the knurling was too agressive ?

I hope all is OK.

LoL....it hurt like a bitch. I said a few choice words and saw stars for a moment...all the while doing a little dance, while my friend kind of laughed at me (I was breathing after all). I'm ok though, I cleaned it after the workout, put some antibiotic on and covered it for 24 hours or so....no worries other than I don't have hair, so the wound is obvious. Actually, the lack of hair is the problem...you'd be surprised how much that thin mesh of barrier protects ones scalp.

Well, I'm not sure how I phrased it in that other thread. If I misspoke, what I meant was, it wasn't as aggressive as I'd expected from some others comments. It is aggressive, but that's what I wanted. I'm sure its all about perspective. When you're moving your body quickly without regard to physics....my perspective was that there was no other knurling made more aggressive ever...in the world.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    The book that I've been recommending to everyone is The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies. I have purchased several other books on the topic, but of them all, I find this one to be the most useful of the lot.
    I'll check that book out. I've got plenty of time to read.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not the greatest pic, but you should get the idea:

Looks like a new avatar to me. . . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Battling the Rack Update 1:

Cut that cross member in the front off....didn't have a face shield, so I got to enjoy a few sparks. Also got one side sanded down fairly roughly. I'm debating if I want to try and get it "perfect" and back to virgin metal....knowing me I will likely go all the way with it. Also going to need to grind down some of the left over cross member too and get it close to flush. So tomorrow or Monday evening going to grab a face shield, more sanding paper and some dust mask...cause like an idiot I didn't have any. It's going fairly well though, got some steel wool and will pick up some wire brushes for the crevices and such, but overall I'm happy with the progress thus far. Once completely sanded will snap pics of the bare metal pre-paint and then post paint.

This is the paint I'm thinking of using...thoughts?

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    Also got one side sanded down fairly roughly. I'm debating if I want to try and get it "perfect" and back to virgin metal....knowing me I will likely go all the way with it.
    I'm no expert on painting, but I wonder if it might not be better to stop before the bare metal?

The reason is, I've done some painting in the past where, when dealing with bare metal, the paint in question is supposed to be sprayed on over a primer. I'm thinking that you might be able to skip the primer step if you hold off on your zeal to see shiny metal everywhere. It might be best to read the instructions on the paint that you're considering to see what they recommend.

Other guys here do a lot more painting than I do and can probably give you better advice...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Valid point...I have no issue priming then painting...I actually think that's where whoever created it messed up. Cause it's obviously not been primered and the paint was doing very little to protect the metal.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What color are you trying to match.

I'm touching up bare metal on my power-lift rack with truck bed liner (black)
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keetman - Suppose you have taken it another level, when they say "that's using your head..."

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    What color are you trying to match.

I'm touching up bare metal on my power-lift rack with truck bed liner (black)

I'm repainting the whole thing yellow...(weird color I know) but basically planning to do my equipment in yellow and black.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm repainting the whole thing yellow...(weird color I know) but basically planning to do my equipment in yellow and black.
    Just remember on such a bright color that chips and scrapes will be more visible.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I don't know that farm equipment paint is actually any tougher than regular spray paint I thought it just tended to come in the specific brand colors such as John Deer Green, Ford Grey, and in your case Case Yellow. It would sound tougher though when telling people about your gym design
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I don't know that farm equipment paint is actually any tougher than regular spray paint I thought it just tended to come in the specific brand colors such as John Deer Green, Ford Grey, and in your case Case Yellow. It would sound tougher though when telling people about your gym design
    I grabbed a picture of a yeller paint can

So anyone got a recommendation on which primer and which paint type? (Rust OLeum obviously, but which type of it?)

Thanks for any help...I think any of the metal specific rust-oleum will work, but if anyone has had certain success with a specific kind that'd be great to know!

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I thought you deliberatly picked Farm implement paint thinking it would be tougher or something LOL. All I know for sue is that they tend to charge for the special colors. Ironically I've used plain old Rustoleum black, no primer, over rust, on farm implements and had good success so I think quality metal paint will work well.

Here's the biggest thing...I want something that will hold up for awhile, but it doesn't have to look showroom quality. Powder coating is an option it seems, but I'm not sure how much that will cost. I want to paint it for less than 100 (50 would be ideal).

Right now I have 75 bucks in the rack + time....if I can keep total cost less than 150 then reselling it will turn a profit.

If you are planning on reselling I would look at painting it a more neutral color. Of course if you are just thinking about it or planning on keeping it indefinitely just go with whatever will look cool to you. Having the gym looking the way you want is great motivation because you will want to spend time in there. Around here your would be getting almost anything but the most premium spray pain for less than $6 per can so I'd say you would have to go with some pretty special stuff to spend a hundred bucks in paint. Heck for a hundred bucks I could probably pick up a HVLP auto body painting system from Harbor Freight and really go pro. I think your on the right track, a couple of coats of good ol' rustolem will hold up for quite a while, plus be easy to re-touch before sale should the rack need it in the future.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you go with black truck bed liner is more durable then paint. call and get powder coat quotes it may be worth it. wont hurt to ask
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in the same boat on top as my "solar sex panel",lol, gets larger every year. Glad everything is okay.

. Actually, the lack of hair is the problem...you'd be surprised how much that thin mesh of barrier protects ones scalp.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    If you are planning on reselling I would look at painting it a more neutral color. Of course if you are just thinking about it or planning on keeping it indefinitely just go with whatever will look cool to you. Having the gym looking the way you want is great motivation because you will want to spend time in there. Around here your would be getting almost anything but the most premium spray pain for less than $6 per can so I'd say you would have to go with some pretty special stuff to spend a hundred bucks in paint. Heck for a hundred bucks I could probably pick up a HVLP auto body painting system from Harbor Freight and really go pro. I think your on the right track, a couple of coats of good ol' rustolem will hold up for quite a while, plus be easy to re-touch before sale should the rack need it in the future.

Eh I'm just going to go yellow I'm not planning to flip this thing anytime soon and if it will do what I need it to do why drop a ton of money on a different rack? Good call like I said will be a weeknight project all this week. Hoping to paint it next weekend or the one after depending on when I finish and how the weather is, will likely prime and paint since I feel if I'm going through the effort to get it to virgin metal I might as well go that extra step.

2-3 cans should cover it...I'm not too worried about the paint running so shake can it and have less than 125 in the whole thing and be using it in no time

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's my new baby. Mossberg 590, 8+1. I almost bought the 500 Chainsaw, but this one was $100 cheaper and has higher shell capacity.

The gun show was a bust as far as AR-15s. I almost bought another handgun- a Ruger LC9 with built in laser. It just felt too small in my hand, but would have been perfect for my wife. She wants a revolver, though, so I didn't get that for her.

I don't think I ever posted a pic of my Ruger, so here's one:
    Last edited by animalfan; 04-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    Here's my new baby. Mossberg 590, 8+1. I almost bought the 500 Chainsaw, but this one was $100 cheaper and has higher shell capacity.

How is your rapid fire/rapid target acquisition aim with that at, say, 30 feet?

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I grabbed a picture of a yeller paint can

So anyone got a recommendation on which primer and which paint type? (Rust OLeum obviously, but which type of it?)

Thanks for any help...I think any of the metal specific rust-oleum will work, but if anyone has had certain success with a specific kind that'd be great to know!
    Hishiad, i've used rustoleum dark bronze hammertone on a bench & plate loaded seated calf raise , both have held up well. i just sanded enough to take the gloss off the original paint and smooth it up.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    How is your rapid fire/rapid target acquisition aim with that at, say, 30 feet?
    It's not intended as a defensive shotgun. You can't hit anything unless it's in your shoulder. That shotgun is intended as a breacher. That's why it has the muzzle device on it. The crenellated surface makes it easier to hold against the door/hinge.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You guys turned me into a monster and I thank you. A couple weeks ago I officially paid off my Legend equipment through flipping. Of course now my wife wants me to flip a Disney trip. Turning out to be easier than I thought. Anyways this morning my alert went off on my Craig's app and my Ivanko search term was lit.

Of course it was a make me offer deal. I have a love/hate relationship with offers because I am obviously low balling. Ad read 1000# weights plus 2 bars.(Ivanko Parabody) Make me a offer. We settled at $350 and I made a 3hr total trip to Connecticut. Here's what I came home with:

1 weight tree
    2 barbell, 1 with roll pin and Ivanko 2 1/2# collars
    1 Ez curl
    1 Tricep bar
    2 15# kettlebells

Oly standard brand- 2-100#, 2-45#, 2-25#, 2-10#, 2-5#
    Ferrigno Int- 2-45#, 4-5#, 2-2 1/2#
    Ferrigno Int. Rubber coated 45# set- Anyone know what these are worth?

And the standard Ivanko plates: 4-45#,2-35#,4-25#,4-10#, keeping for me 4-5#,2-2 1/2#,2-1 1/4#)

I was hoping the bar was a Ivanko but it has no markings. The cap on the sleeve is coned. Anyways the small plates will finish off my set nicely. I am very happy to score the 1 1/4#.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now that is what I call a good deal. Well worth the three hour trip. I've never seen ferrigno plates before- am right in saying they were related to Lou back in the day?
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    It's not intended as a defensive shotgun. You can't hit anything unless it's in your shoulder. That shotgun is intended as a breacher. That's why it has the muzzle device on it. The crenellated surface makes it easier to hold against the door/hinge.
    I bought it as a home defense shotgun. I won't be breaching any doors, though. Here's a video of the Mossberg "Chainsaw" in action.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bought it as a home defense shotgun. I won't be breaching any doors, though.
    It will serve you better and be more useful with a full stock on it. Just don't put a pistol grip full stock on a Mossberg. Such a stock requires you to move your hand from the firing position to manipulate the safety on top of the receiver.

At your height, I would try to find a stock with a length of pull around 12 inches or a bit shorter. The youth stock would be a good option.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...-LENGTH-STOCKS

I think you can still find Louis Awerbuck's video. Well worth buying and watching. I trained under him many years ago.

Here he is causing some stress for a student.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bought it as a home defense shotgun.
    I suggest a shoulder stock and, as mentioned above, since it is a Mossy I would not have a pistol grip on it.

My 870 has a pistol gripped shoulder stock, but that is to house the spring (Knoxx) and the safety is by the trigger.

Closed Thread
Page 267 of 330 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast