Closed Thread
Page 210 of 330 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 9883
    PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really appreciate the help Keetman.

I looked at the mini 14 and the AR15. Really like the AR15 look. Not a fan of the accuracy issues on the Mini, although it still looks pretty good.

I think what I will do for starters is go with the Ruger 10/22. Mostly because I just don't know enough about guns yet and have very little practice. Also I should be able to get a set up for under $500. Then in a few months I will drop a couple grand and get a sweet AR-15 set up.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by PassinThrough View Post

I looked at the mini 14 and the AR15. Really like the AR15 look. Not a fan of the accuracy issues on the Mini, although it still looks pretty good.

I think what I will do for starters is go with the Ruger 10/22. Mostly because I just don't know enough about guns yet and have very little practice. Also I should be able to get a set up for under $500. Then in a few months I will drop a couple grand and get a sweet AR-15 set up.
    OK this might come off as a little blunt but....

If you don't know anyhting about guns and have little practice the thing to not do right now is buy a gun. Start with a basic NRA course wherever you are you can find one cheap and there you will learn what you need to know about guns to make your first purchase.

The 10/22 is a good first gun, however, I would not get a scope, learn to use the sights properly long before you buy a scope. This is not a coyote hunting gun though. No way no how.
    Odds are you might just put a little hole in it if you could even get close enough to shoot at it.

I would consider the .223 marginal for coyote as well, to short a range and to small a bullet to make hunting easy. Not to mention it is no good for hunting anything else.

For coyotes hunting I would want something that could reach out and decisively punch a hole through them at 300+ yards. While I find their sign as close as 10 feet to my house I have never seen one in daylight at closer than that range at least not when I was carrying a gun. Here we are into "real hunting rifle" territory and there are a lot of considerations here other than caliber and we would totally blow your budget, probably on the optics alone, thought there are some incredbly cheap and effective options as well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PassinThrough View Post

If you have a couple of grand in staging for a bigger project.... then this is an excellent plan.

I'm not sure if you'll be happy with the 10-22 for coyote, however I'm sure you'll never be unhappy with that .22. Its a fine piece of equipment for the price and since you don't have a lot of experience with rifles anyway, it'll be a great way to learn. The ammo is cheap, the rifle feels like a larger caliber, it operates like any semi auto, and its pretty much indestructible. Keep it clean and it'll be a fine gun to learn with. The only problem I had with mine ever is when I didn't clean it for a thousand rounds or so and it jammed. Cleaned it in the field and it kept eating the rounds..... my fault for not maintaining it properly.

For a couple grand, you oughta be able to buy an AR that would make about anybody jealous.

Tim- I should've said something about the course, that should've come first in my advice. However, I still maintain (and this is an opinion) that he can't go wrong with the 10-22 as a beginner. He needs to learn how to shoot after he's learned how to safely handle the gun and the 10-22 offers an extremely well made gun at a good price that is cheap as hell to shoot.

I definitely agree that the .22 isn't for coyotes, said it several times to him, but I don't think my buddy's advice to get a .223 is too bad. We have a fair amount of coyotes in the central ohio area and my friend is a pretty avid hunter... when we have hunted them, we've used slug in a 12g... but we're hunting in my woods so distance isn't really an issue.

As far as the .223 being small, well... it is, but a hollow point .223 will destroy a coyote. Its also one of the rounds used in 1000yds high power rifle shoots..... so its distance shouldn't be an issue either.

I'm not sure if Passingthrough plans on doing other forms of shooting. If he does, then I might agree a bigger round is in order. I'm also not sure of Tennessee's restrictions on rifle hunting. If they allow them, then again.... I'd agree it might be better to invest in a bigger round if one is only going to get one rifle. If they don't allow rifle hunting (I'm guessing they do though because of the mountains).... then a .223 for a plinker/varmit gun is going to be fantastic for the money and for the fun factor. It'll work just fine for ground hogs too..... I've seen a .223 drop plenty of those turds in their tracks.

Anyway, I think you're being a little too judgemental on the .223.... and I'd never talk a man out of getting an AR!
    Last edited by Keetman; 11-26-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    OK this might come off as a little blunt but....

If you don't know anyhting about guns and have little practice the thing to not do right now is buy a gun. Start with a basic NRA course wherever you are you can find one cheap and there you will learn what you need to know about guns to make your first purchase.

The 10/22 is a good first gun, however, I would not get a scope, learn to use the sights properly long before you buy a scope. This is not a coyote hunting gun though. No way no how.
    Odds are you might just put a little hole in it if you could even get close enough to shoot at it.

I would consider the .223 marginal for coyote as well, to short a range and to small a bullet to make hunting easy. Not to mention it is no good for hunting anything else.

For coyotes hunting I would want something that could reach out and decisively punch a hole through them at 300+ yards. While I find their sign as close as 10 feet to my house I have never seen one in daylight at closer than that range at least not when I was carrying a gun. Here we are into "real hunting rifle" territory and there are a lot of considerations here other than caliber and we would totally blow your budget, probably on the optics alone, thought there are some incredbly cheap and effective options as well.
    Thanks for good info. I did get NRA certified at boy scout camp when I was younger, but that was awhile ago. I will look into taking some classes asap.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    If you have a couple of grand in staging for a bigger project.... then this is an excellent plan.

I'm not sure if you'll be happy with the 10-22 for coyote, however I'm sure you'll never be unhappy with that .22. Its a fine piece of equipment for the price and since you don't have a lot of experience with rifles anyway, it'll be a great way to learn. The ammo is cheap, the rifle feels like a larger caliber, it operates like any semi auto, and its pretty much indestructable. Keep it clean and it'll be a fine gun to learn with. The only problem I had with mine ever is when I didn't clean it for a thousand rounds or so and it jammed. Cleaned it in the field and it kept eating the rounds..... my fault for not maintaining it properly.

For a couple grand, you oughta be able to buy an AR that would make about anybody jealous.
    This is the plan. I get that I wont get a coyote with it, which I can live with. In a few months after some practice and classes I'll go in with something bigger and get revenge for my cat.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Picked up a very nice used Body-Solid Lat Pulldown, GLM83. Price was $250 with 340 pounds of weight and a bunch of attachments. Don't know yet what the final price will be, but much less than $250, which money I got from flipping gear.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Picked up a very nice used Body-Solid Lat Pulldown, GLM83. Price was $250 with 340 pounds of weight and a bunch of attachments. Don't know yet what the final price will be, but much less than $250, which money I got from flipping gear.

You know I like this! Not sure which model the GLM83 is, but I'll check it out. I just sold my powertec lat pulldown to my brother, along with some weights. I'll miss it, because it was a nice one, but I do like my new one.

BTW- Congrats to the Michigan fans here.

I'm glad this abortion of a season is over for the Buckeyes.... the greatest gift the NCAA could hand the program is a one year bowl ban starting right now. Not because it would be sacrificial since they were so bad.... but because I don't want to watch anymore. Ugh......

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well, my 4 day weekend is over, time to get back to the grind. 4 more weeks until christmas break, and i've got zero vacation days left for the year

thanks keetman. i'll take a win over a struggling osu team, especially since the michigan win over you was 2926 days ago.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know I like this! Not sure which model the GLM83 is, but I'll check it out. I just sold my powertec lat pulldown to my brother, along with some weights. I'll miss it, because it was a nice one, but I do like my new one.
    I've been searching the forum's archives and reading up on attachments and lubricant. All you guys who posted on those threads are perverts. What's so funny about lubricant and attachments?!?

lol!

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    well, my 4 day weekend is over, time to get back to the grind. 4 more weeks until christmas break, and i've got zero vacation days left for the year
    Animal, that sucks man. On the upside, it is only four more weeks. . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

.....thanks keetman. i'll take a win over a struggling osu team, especially since the michigan win over you was 2926 days ago.

I don't blame you, I would too...especially with so many defeats in a row. They didn't lose 7 in a row, but we all know the record of the Wolverines over the Buckeyes during the nineties.... and the Buckeyes were good most of those years. I'd have taken a win over the Wolverines during those years even if it had been to a team that hadn't won any games. Its painful to have a decade like that.... I wish I didn't know how you feel.......

Anyway, I'm over it now....kind of.... I wish they'd go ahead an announce Urban Meyer for real though. Until they do, I'm half expecting the stir of him coming here to be a distraction while they try to find another diamond in the rough like Tressel. No one's going to come play for the Buckeyes if they hire a no name coach.... too many distractions at the moment, they need a big name.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, I dont think Luke did too bad given the situation he was handed. If he gets replaced, I bet he'll make a good coach somewhere else.

How does Chris Spielman call those games without showing bias? I'm sure it's hard for him.

I'm excited, my wife stopped saying I can't buy an ar15, as long as I wait until the house is done and Christmas is over. I was planning on that anyway, but this saves me an argument. She did repeat how "stupid" it is to buy one though.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Honestly, I dont think Luke did too bad given the situation he was handed. If he gets replaced, I bet he'll make a good coach somewhere else.
    I agree. I lurk on a large Buckeye website and the goofballs over there are a little embarrassing. Considering what has taken place in the last year, I think things could have gone worse. They are trying to crucify this guy and its pretty pathetic. I don't know all the details and behind the scenes stuff, obviously..but if they ask you to coach the team, you do it. Lots of bad this year and they still beat Wisconsin.... plus barely lost to Michigan St, Nebraska, and Michigan. I don't like to hang my hat on "barely losts".... but this year I will because it shows promise for next. I believe there's a chance they won't completely implode and I'd like to think the school and its backers will get the damn program under control. I wish Fickel well and I hope he ends up landing a great job someday or staying with the Bucks if thats what he wants.... I'd say right now he's had it, that job is a nightmare.

How does Chris Spielman call those games without showing bias? I'm sure it's hard for him.

I think he's just a great dude, tbh. I have never seen anything out of him but greatness and perseverance. I'd imagine he's just got the type of personality that allows him to filter the bias out for the most part and just talk about football. I think Herbie does a good job on Gameday too, tbh. In fact, he's been so "unbiased" that the moron fans ran him out of town! He's said some stuff in the past that ruffled some feathers (most of it was true anyway) and people ended up going to his house and stirring up trouble with threats and what not..... he left Ohio to get his family away from the morons and he had a mansion in a rich suburb of Columbus. Pretty pathetic.... again, heard nothing from him other than he's a true Buckeye.... if he didn't try to remain neutral..... he'd be out of a job.

I'm excited, my wife stopped saying I can't buy an ar15, as long as I wait until the house is done and Christmas is over. I was planning on that anyway, but this saves me an argument. She did repeat how "stupid" it is to buy one though.

I would buy it asap. If the green light is on, don't wait around for it to turn yellow. This is good news!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fierce Five log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172189533&p=1457532133

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Drive by. Been gone awhile. 3 month layoff in the gym but easing back into it. Hope everyone is well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Drive by. Been gone awhile. 3 month layoff in the gym but easing back into it. Hope everyone is well.
    Hope all is well with you. Layoff caused by injury or being busy?

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sup guys!

Been crazy few months here. Hopefully things settling down now. Hope everyone is doing well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #29 []---[]

Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    I know that feel. Sorta. So your back right?
    Fierce Five log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172189533&p=1457532133

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Wait for it.....

Whats up fellas....
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Wait for it.....

Whats up fellas....
    Lol, was not expecting that.

Dukes of Hazzard
    []---[] Equipment Crew #29 []---[]

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JJ- View Post
    Lol, was not expecting that.

Dukes of Hazzard
    Oh, how I would love to do that in my mini-van....lol.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

That would be fun.... right up to the point where the repair bill came in, the attorney fees cames due, and you had to spend a year in jail...... which would cause you to lose your job.

Somethings are a lot more expensive than they look..... which is why we seldom find people who've knocked their boss's teeth out with a 2x4..... although most people probably want to !

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One of the best.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    One of the best.

snip

That was on Tosh I believe....good stuff. Nothing creates a better youtube video than hillbillies, beer, and four wheel drive vehicles..... unless of course you add firearms!

I think its safe to say that no one watching that video expects it to end as well as it does. Its begging for a bloody ending....and he sticks the landing, YES!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

That would be fun.... right up to the point where the repair bill came in, the attorney fees cames due, and you had to spend a year in jail...... which would cause you to lose your job.
    Gee, Keet.....way to rain on a guys parade there....lol

:P

Oh, just spent 30 minutes on a Concept II rower (first time).

I really like that thing. I did 5 minute rounds with ab work in between. One minute at a moderate pace then 30 second sprints with it.

Where have you been all my life, Concept II?

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh, just spent 30 minutes on a Concept II rower (first time).

I really like that thing. I did 5 minute rounds with ab work in between. One minute at a moderate pace then 30 second sprints with it.

Where have you been all my life, Concept II?
    Tried to tell ya brother! Put it on the Christmas list!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That was on Tosh I believe....good stuff. Nothing creates a better youtube video than hillbillies, beer, and four wheel drive vehicles..... unless of course you add firearms!

I think its safe to say that no one watching that video expects it to end as well as it does. Its begging for a bloody ending....and he sticks the landing, YES!
    That's exactly what I was thinking, I was imagining how exactly he was going to be eating dirt and then he just soared perfectly lol, funny ass vid.

On a workout related note, 5-3-1 purists will hate this, but I've been doing strict 5-3-1 for about 7-8 months now and that's about the limit of my routine patience so now I'm changing it. This week I've started my own variation: 8-5-3-1 plus an arms day haha. I wanted one higher rep (8) day which will also give an extra week between deloads, deloading for a whole week after every 3 weeks just seems a little too much for me, but I've tried going two full cycles before I deload and that just leaves me feeling like I have a broken body so that's why I'm trying something a little different. Also it's been probably 2-3 years since I've done a dedicated arm workout day, I normally just tack on a few sets of curls after back stuff or pushdowns after chest stuff. I've been feeling lately like my arms are a bit smaller than they used to be so instead of doing 2 days on 1 day off 2 days on then the weekend every week, I'm just gonna go 5 days straight by adding the arm day in the middle, it's kinda like having a day off anyways since the lifts are so easy compared to the big compound days. I've been adding that arm day in for the last 2 weeks already and it feels surprisingly good so far. The great news is that I've been having alot of success in 5-3-1, I'm currently closing in on pr's in pretty much all 4 lifts, so if this new variation I've come up with takes away from that at all I'll probably be going back to the pure routine.

New equipment and changing up routines is really what keeps me motivated to keep pushing myself and working out every week. Otherwise it gets hard to stay excited, I've been married for over 10 yrs so there's not alot of 'dating appearance' motivation, and I can't find a partner ever that can take a full week of what I do so I'm left to motivate myself these days unfortunately. Back in my army days it was so easy to find people interested in lifting, I always had a partner or 3 lol, now in the civilian sector everyone's always too busy to workout oddly enough.

I just ordered a efs box squat box and pad since I've been really getting into box squats lately, and I've been loving my yoke bar, it really makes squats easy on the shoulders and wrists lol. Oh, and still waiting for my swiss bar and db military bench.

That's about all that's going on with me lately, the gophers suck so I'm not watching much college ball, the vikings suck but my fantasy team is in 2nd place and primed to make the playoffs in a couple weeks so I've been watching tons of NFL but oddly almost nothing that includes my own team (vikes...) lol. Thank god for fantasy or I'd just be a truly disgruntled NFL fan this year.

That's about all that's new with me, hope you guys had fun thanksgivings and Buff- hope the knee thing works out well, and you're able to beat the doctors prognosis and come back stronger than ever!
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post

That's about all that's new with me, hope you guys had fun thanksgivings and Buff- hope the knee thing works out well, and you're able to beat the doctors prognosis and come back stronger than ever!
    Thanks. I saw the doctor today, its been 6 weeks since surgery. He still wouldnt release me from my restrictions, even though The PT told him I am weeks ahead of the recovery curve.
    I see him again in 6 weeks, so we will see about it then.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Tried to tell ya brother! Put it on the Christmas list!
    Free gym across the street from work has one and I really thing I'm the only one who will use it since the thing was covered in dust.
    So, unless I break the thing, I'm in business.

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Thanks. I saw the doctor today, its been 6 weeks since surgery. He still wouldnt release me from my restrictions, even though The PT told him I am weeks ahead of the recovery curve.
    I see him again in 6 weeks, so we will see about it then.
    Well, that sucks, but I guess better safe than sorry. Knees are something you just don't want to deal with residual issues (trust me).

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    Hope all is well with you. Layoff caused by injury or being busy?
    Busy and LAZY!! Sore today but it feels good.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Bump

Buff, glad you are doing well.

Closed Thread
Page 210 of 330 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast