Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Get Ripped or Die 'Mirin CCAurora's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 183 lbs
    CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit CCAurora's BodySpace

Kurt Angle's Workout!

I found a lengthy interview with Kurt from a few years ago right here on bb.com and I've been following his workout for about a week now:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson320.htm

(ctrl+f "Kurt's Weekly Training Program")

What do you wrestling types think? I've been doing body weight squats in place of the 225 because I'm not a god like Kurt! I even added some extra arm work just because I tend to need it, and I do a good 20 minutes of stretching every day, too. Does this look good?
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

Want my 17K Reps? Follow my Twitter @kodyaurora

Stats: 6'2", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5888
    Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dan101 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Dan101's BodySpace
    Looks great for endurance and general fitness, sucks as a muscle builder though. Remember Kurt had already build lots of muscle mass, so he was able to cut down using a program like that and look good. You need to build that initial foundation of mass first. This program is built around machines, I'm not seeing any freeweight compound movements other than squats. Deadlifts, squats, bench, military press, cleans, rows, pull-ups, chins and dips are essential to build mass and strength.

Dan101
    Original board member since 1999

Stats: 6'0", 309 lbs
    ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ZidaneValor's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Kurt's Weekly Training Program

Day 1:
    Chest warm-up - (3 sets of each): Machine Press, Dumbbell Press, Dips
    Back (3 sets of each): Lat Pulls, Dumbbell Rows, Cable Rows
    Triceps (2 sets of each): Machine Triceps Press, Dumbbell Kick Back
    Biceps (2 sets of each): Machine Curl, Hammer Curls
    Abs: Decline Crunch, Leg Lifts

Day 2:
    Running between 3 to 6 miles.
    Quads (3 sets of 50-100): Squats
    Calves (15 min): Jump Rope

Day 3:
    Shoulders (3 Heavy sets): Machine or Dumbbell press
    Traps (3 Heavy sets): Shrugs
    Triceps (3 quick pump sets): Cable pushdowns
    Biceps (3 quick pump sets): Concentration curls
    Abs: Machine crunch, Leg lifts

Day 4:

Day 5:
    Chest w-up - Incline press, Machine Fly's, Pullovers
    Back: Machine Cable Rows, Hammer Lat pulldowns, Dumbbell Rows
    Triceps: Cable machine overhead triceps press
    Biceps: Preacher curls

Day 6:

Day 7: Rest or Run
    1) Beginners should not train like advanced athletes. As you train over the years, the body is able to handle more workload and it needs a different kind of training to make progress. Beginners can make great progress just sticking to basic heavy compounds and linear or near-linear progression. Advanced trainees have to scrape and scratch for new gains as their bodies reach their physical limits (for both AAS and natural athletes).

It is a good idea to start with a beginners program (Point A), look at an advanced program (Point B), and figure out how best to get from Point A to Point B. But it takes years to be able to train like Point B. Olympic athletes max out 6-7 days a week doing heavy singles/doubles. We cannot yet.

2) Kurt Angle has a broken neck, so he can't train the same way a healthy advanced athlete can. His training has to be fitted around his injuries.

3) To be honest, this program looks atrocious for beginners. It's completely missing the basics: squats, deadlifts, rows or clean, bench, barbell press. A lot of it seems to be done on machines.

Also, I have no idea how light the weight for have to be for me to do 100 reps in a set of squats. I don't think I could even do the empty bar for 100 reps, and I can do about 360x5. The fact that he's running 6 miles, doing 100 rep squats (probably bodyweight), and jumping rope, combined with the fact that he does this every other day, clearly show that he is more focused on conditioning than strength.

Again, you have to take into account (a) he's injured and (b) wrestling is hard on the body, so he probably can't train overly hard because he would never recover.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CCAurora has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    ^^ I should add that I am training to wrestle myself!

EDIT: And also that I'm coming off 2 months of "the basics" and had plateaued on flat bb bench and bb squats.
    Last edited by ThaShowstoppa; 02-24-2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    BodyPoints: 25093
    JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JUSA's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ThaShowstoppa View Post
    I found a lengthy interview with Kurt from a few years ago right here on bb.com and I've been following his workout for about a week now:
    Yes, because a workout program designed for an elite-level Olympic athlete who is almost undoubtedly using chemical enhancements is surely going to work great for a natural beginner/intermediate (at best) level kid with little muscle who is generally speaking not in great shape.

Wonderful thinking, as always.
    Reps for life: AFC96

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Yes, because a workout program designed for an elite-level Olympic athlete who is almost undoubtedly not natural is surely going to work great for a natural beginner/intermediate (at best) level kid with little muscle who is generally speaking not in great shape.

Wonderful thinking, as always.
    I'm "not in great shape?" I guarantee I can outrun you in short and long distances. To boot, despite being much lighter than you, you don't lift all that much more than I do. I wonder where that leaves you in terms of "not being in great shape," Tex. I guess throwing your gut into your lifts doesn't help THAT much, does it?

*spitting chew into spittoon sound*
    *wipes chew dribble from face and smiles as you get gassed running a quarter mile*

Besides, if you took the time to, you know, read the workout, you'd see that overtraining within it is hardly an issue. Like Dan101 said, the bigger issue might be trying to put on mass with the program. ZidaneValor also made a point about this. Apparently, you're the only one who thinks this program is "overtraining." Strong uselessness, thanx for posting!
    Last edited by ThaShowstoppa; 02-24-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ZidaneValor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    JUSA was saying that you aren't in great shape compared to an Olympic athlete, which you aren't.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JUSA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JUSA's BodySpace
    I'm "not in great shape?" I guarantee I can outrun you in short and long distances. To boot, despite being much lighter than you, you don't lift all that much more than I do. I wonder where that leaves you in terms of "not being in great shape," Tex. I guess throwing your gut into your lifts doesn't help THAT much, does it?
    Oh okay. I just got done running a marathon a couple months back, but I'm sure you're able to do three in one sitting.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...light=marathon

*wipes chew dribble from face and smiles as you get gassed running a quarter mile*
    I can only assume this is you knowing to keep your mouth shut on lifts such as deads, squats and bench (even by my old unupdated bodyspace stats I ruin you) and trying to find some level you can beat me on? Probably won't work. I don't currently train sprints but I was a sprinter in college, unlike you, and I imagine were I to focus on it I could beat you there, too.

The difference here between you and I is this: I make constant progress. I don't make ridiculous workout programs that won't work for me, get frustrated and then jump onto some random wrestler's routine (which also won't work) and end up spinning my wheels. I check my ego, I pick a program suited to my goals and my level of fitness and I make gradual improvements over time.

Besides, if you took the time to, you know, read the workout, you'd see that overtraining within it is hardly an issue. Like Dan101 said, the bigger issue might be trying to put on mass with the program.
    It's not a ****ing mass-building program. What-the-****? It's like studying for a math test by reading up on ancient Roman history. If you weren't such a stupid delusional ****, you'd realize this... but, by all means, do this program. Stall out in 6 weeks and come here crying like always picking fights with everyone because you're such a miserable pathetic and hollow little man.

Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    JUSA was saying that you aren't in great shape compared to an Olympic athlete, which you aren't.
    Of course you, not being a complete ****ing retard, realize this. I placed him at beginner-to-intermediate -- which is saying he looks like he's been lifting anywhere from 6m to 2 years. Granted, people can lift for 10 years and not do it right and never surpass intermediate level. I get the impression, based on nonsensical threads like this, that the OP isn't truly knowledgeable about making true progress - which is why I suspect that he might be on the low end of intermediate, regardless if he's been lifting 5+ years.

I would personally imagine almost anyone lifting seriously and smartly for two years ought to be putting up close to 300 on the bench, 400-500 on the squats/deads respectively. I know he doesn't do that, which is another reason I put him on the low end of intermediate - of course, he just took it as an insult (when it wasn't) and cried. If he'd smarten up, he might actually get somewhere.
    Last edited by JUSA; 02-24-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4105
    mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mikecart1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mikecart1's BodySpace

Wink

Besides, if you took the time to, you know, read the workout, you'd see that overtraining within it is hardly an issue. Like Dan101 said, the bigger issue might be trying to put on mass with the program. ZidaneValor also made a point about this. Apparently, you're the only one who thinks this program is "overtraining." Strong uselessness, thanx for posting!
    Not hating, but how does one make a comment like this when no one here lists their times for any track events?
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Originally Posted by mikecart1 View Post
    Not hating, but how does one make a comment like this when no one here lists their times for any track events?
    I'm pretty sure I can run a 5K in under 45 minutes.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh okay. I just got done running a marathon a couple months back, but I'm sure you're able to do three in one sitting.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...light=marathon
    Congrats. I wonder what its like to run 26.1 miles in 13 hours...

I can only assume this is you knowing to keep your mouth shut on lifts such as deads, squats and bench (even by my old unupdated bodyspace stats I ruin you) and trying to find some level you can beat me on? Probably won't work. I don't currently train sprints but I was a sprinter in college, unlike you, and I imagine were I to focus on it I could beat you there, too.
    The classic "I haven't updated my stats" line. Cute. I bet you look like Arnold right now too, you just haven't gotten around to snapping a pic... besides, if you want me to find "some level I can beat you on," how about the fact that you have 20 lbs on me, but I vastly out BB Row you?

And you're talking to another former track star, Hefty...

The difference here between you and I is this: I make constant progress. I don't make ridiculous workout programs that won't work for me, get frustrated and then jump onto some random wrestler's routine (which also won't work) and end up spinning my wheels. I check my ego, I pick a program suited to my goals and my level of fitness and I make gradual improvements over time.
    Check my ego? What kind of loser are you? I've put 45 lbs on my bench press in under a year. You're right, no progress there at all. All the progress you've claimed to have made has apparently been too extensive to update, despite the fact that you're on this site literally every day. Go figure...

It's not a ****ing mass-building program. What-the-****? It's like studying for a math test by reading up on ancient Roman history. If you weren't such a stupid delusional ****, you'd realize this... but, by all means, do this program. Stall out in 6 weeks and come here crying like always picking fights with everyone because you're such a miserable pathetic and hollow little man.
    "They project onto you their flaws; what they don't like about themselves."

Again, if you weren't COMPLETELY up your own gaping *******, you would have read the workout. Of course, you could also show me where I claimed that I want to build mass. In fact, I made my training goals clear before you posted, but big simple redneck here reads the title and posts like the inbred, cross-eyed, reads at a 3rd grade level simpleton that he is. Its like they say though, "you can't teach a slow dog... 'sit!"
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

Originally Posted by mikecart1 View Post
    I've ran 5K's in under 20 minutes back when cardio was my primary focus. I find that a very short time span of cardio-first training gets me right back in that shape (which I guess is one of the few advantages of ecto!)
    Last edited by ThaShowstoppa; 02-24-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

If he was trying to say that, he would have used those words. He's just another part of that sad little clique on this site who boasts superiority despite being right here doing the same stuff everyone else does. I guess deciphering a keyboard alone makes him a bit of a legend in his town, though.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

If he was trying to say that, he would have used those words.
    He did.

Yes, because a workout program designed for an elite-level Olympic athlete who is almost undoubtedly using chemical enhancements is surely going to work great for a natural beginner/intermediate (at best) level kid with little muscle who is generally speaking not in great shape.
    He CLEARLY said it. Thus the term "generally speaking." You are clearly not in shape compared to Olympic athletes.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stats: 6'5", 271 lbs
    GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit GoToSleep's BodySpace
    lewl

Originally Posted by nipsonmendoza View Post
    If you are looking to get into pro wrestling, then why not do movements that mimmick what you will do in the ring. I.E. Olympic lifts

John Cena within the past 2 years or so has switched to only Performance training which deals with the Olympic lifts and a lot of core work.

Its not good to build up a huge base and have huge muscularity if none of it is functional.
    Since around October, my workouts have hinged on lifts like:

BB Bench Press
    BB Squats
    BB Clean and Press
    BB Bent-Over Rows
    Deadlifts

ect, ect... all the "basic lifts." I made big progress in all of them over the next three months. By the end of January, I had stopped making progress in every lift. I always read about the importance of switching up your workout to keep it both engaging and to challenge your muscles in different ways so they don't get complacent. I can say that the machine chest press leaves my chest FRIED the next day. Its definitely getting me past that muscle complacency.
    Last edited by ThaShowstoppa; 02-24-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

He did.

He CLEARLY said it. Thus the term "generally speaking." You are clearly not in shape compared to Olympic athletes.
    When has "generally speaking" ever been a synonym for "compared to Olympic athletes?"
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

When has "generally speaking" ever been a synonym for "compared to Olympic athletes?"
    When the sentence is comparing Olympic athletes to beginners/intermediates.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When the sentence is comparing Olympic athletes to beginners/intermediates.
    You have misread the context of it, my Rochester brethren!

The way he formed the sentence separated the classifications into two separate contexts.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

Maybe he does mean general to an average person. I read it as comparing Olympic athletes to newbies because that's what I was doing.

Why the hell am I explaining what JUSA was saying when he's in this thread anyway? I'm pretty sure he can speak up for himself.

I think my brain is overloaded from working too much. Let's just ignore what I said and I'll step away quietly.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stats: 6'5", 271 lbs
    GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GoToSleep has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit GoToSleep's BodySpace
    You have misread the context of it, my Rochester brethren!

The way he formed the sentence separated the classifications into two separate contexts.
    lewl

Visit JUSA's BodySpace
    The classic "I haven't updated my stats" line. Cute. I bet you look like Arnold right now too, you just haven't gotten around to snapping a pic... besides, if you want me to find "some level I can beat you on," how about the fact that you have 20 lbs on me, but I vastly out BB Row you?
    Snipping the vast majority of your ridiculous rant as I don't feel any desire to be drawn into another stupid argument with a simpleton such as yourself, but I did feel the need to address this laughable comment of yours:

1) You've never updated your stats with your deadlift or squat. Not even once.

2) While you've made dozens up updates to your av pic, to be sure, the problem is: You look exactly the same as you did with your first one. The only thing that changes is your outfit or dopey haircut.

3) According to your bodyspace, you row 80% as much as you bench press. Now, I'm not so stupid as to make ridiculous claims about things I couldn't possibly know anything about (like: "I guarantee I can outrun you!") so I'm not going to outright call bull**** on this - but it does raise a red flag to me. Typically, when performed with proper form, the bent row is going to be around 1/2-to-2/3 your bench (at most). Mileage may vary, so for all I know you're doing it perfectly and everything is great. It's a red flag, though. I recommend having your form checked by a trainer with a background in powerlifting (as I've done in the past and still do spot checks with time-to-time). I wonder if your inflated ego will allow you to accept that it or not (answer: probably not)
    Last edited by JUSA; 02-24-2010 at 09:32 AM.

BodyPoints: 357
    Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Leon VorteX has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Leon VorteX's BodySpace
    SHOWSTOPPA!! If you want to develop a REAL stiffy, then I can give you Kurt Angles newest workout (from fitness RX a couple of months back)

He still alternates weight training days with running days, the only difference is that he does a full body workout 3 times a week

Legs Press
    Chest Press
    Lat Pulldowns
    Shoulder Press
    Machine Rows
    Tricep Pushdowns
    Biceps Curls
    Crunches
    Calfs Raises

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO both workouts are smelly gash though, they wont look anything like the workouts he did when he was at his most muscular WWF days, He probably followed a traditional split like the rest of those guys Hunter, Batista, Cena, Orton ect
    What he's doing now is training around years of injurys and maintaining as best he can.

Do you really want to copy the workout of a guy who wishes he could train the way he used to? wouldnt it make more sence to train like that yourself?
    I lift weights because I enjoy it.. I don't diet because I dont enjoy it.
    I train when I want, sleep when I want, eat what I want and drink what I want.
    I get s**tfaced at the weekends and I f**k anything that moves.
    You dont like it? Come at me you low carb eating, cell tech injecting phaggot!! ;)

Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 22612
    Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Blue Blazer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Blue Blazer's BodySpace
    Ummm ye, Kurt is older and doesn't really need to work too hard to maintain his bodyweight at his age because he's probobly around his natural max. This article was written a few years ago and you'll notice Kurt is looking quite a bit lighter. This is because as you age you feel better at a lighter weight, and you'll also look a little younger lol. Wanderlei said the same thing about losing weight and fighting at 185. He said he's getting older and this seems like a good move for him.

Bottom line is you have to do what's necessary to achieve your goals. I'm not quite sure what your goals are but I noticed you want to wrestle, so I'll assume you want to keep gaining muscle and keep working your conditioning. So for these goals the main idea would be to eat above your maintenance, by quite a bit depending on how much physical activity/lifting/cardio-conditioning you do. You'll also want to keep working those core lifts, bench press, deadlift, squat, military press. As far as accessory work goes well you could do something westside style, which are basically accessory lifts that'll help improve your overall strength on your main lifts and/or bodyweight and high repetition exercises seing that you want to wrestle and conditioning is very important.

Basically a program like 5-3-1 would do you wonders. You could get the e-book free online if you fish around a bit. What's great about it is the template remains the same for the core lifts and for accessory work he gives plenty of options but it's your choice. I'm still doing 5-3-1 and am seing good progress with it and for accessory work I do mainly bodyweight exercises and higher rep accessory work to help my core lifts, then I'll finish off the workout with 15 minutes of constant cardio.

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9205
    Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Younglifter16 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Younglifter16's BodySpace
    lots of machines, no heavy work for legs (not much work at all), lots of isolation exercises with few power exercises, etc. Not that great at all imo. Looks like something a marathon runner would do lol

Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Marvel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Leon VorteX View Post
    SHOWSTOPPA!! If you want to develop a REAL stiffy, then I can give you Kurt Angles newest workout (from fitness RX a couple of months back)

He still alternates weight training days with running days, the only difference is that he does a full body workout 3 times a week

Legs Press
    Chest Press
    Lat Pulldowns
    Shoulder Press
    Machine Rows
    Tricep Pushdowns
    Biceps Curls
    Crunches
    Calfs Raises

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO both workouts are smelly gash though, they wont look anything like the workouts he did when he was at his most muscular WWF days, He probably followed a traditional split like the rest of those guys Hunter, Batista, Cena, Orton ect
    What he's doing now is training around years of injurys and maintaining as best he can.

Do you really want to copy the workout of a guy who wishes he could train the way he used to? wouldnt it make more sence to train like that yourself?

That was for a movie that he did where he had to look like a 185 pound mma fighter. The routine was supersets for 2 excercises then proceeding to the next superset.

Angle is a pretty strong guy so you have to consider that the dude probably had built up a good strengh base prior to this. But I do like his workouts as its sensible, the template atleast. The numbers and details are needed to be altered based on your performance.
    You heard about Pluto? That's messed up right?

Stats: 6'0", 253 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4910
    AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AusPower has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AusPower's BodySpace

3) According to your bodyspace, you row 80% as much as you bench press. Now, I'm not so stupid as to make ridiculous claims about things I couldn't possibly know anything about (like: "I guarantee I can outrun you!") so I'm not going to outright call bull**** on this - but it does raise a red flag to me. Typically, when performed with proper form, the bent row is going to be around 1/2-to-2/3 your bench (at most). Mileage may vary, so for all I know you're doing it perfectly and everything is great. It's a red flag, though. I recommend having your form checked by a trainer with a background in powerlifting (as I've done in the past and still do spot checks with time-to-time). I wonder if your inflated ego will allow you to accept that it or not (answer: probably not)
    I row as much if not more than I bench.

I'm a monster!
    Bench: 450lbs
    Squat: 585lbs
    Deadlift: 705lbs
    Bent Over Row: 440lbs

Originally Posted by AusPower View Post

I'm a monster!
    I bench 5x225 and row 5x205. Although I have weak upper body strength and my bench has always sucked. I was barely benching 155 eight months ago, so back then my row was greater than my bench.
    Last edited by ZidaneValor; 02-24-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

(っ◕‿◕)っ

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Visit JUSA's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by AusPower View Post

I'm a monster!
    Like I said, I didn't want to outright call B.S. on it, since everyone's different. You bent row 335, though?

Typically, when performed with proper form, the bent row is going to be around 1/2-to-2/3 your bench (at most). Mileage may vary, so for all I know you're doing it perfectly and everything is great. It's a red flag, though. I recommend having your form checked by a trainer with a background in powerlifting (as I've done in the past and still do spot checks with time-to-time). I wonder if your inflated ego will allow you to accept that it or not (answer: probably not)

I'm sure you have the bending over mastered, but its time to add front resistance.
    Pro-Wrestler-In-Training

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast