tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How effective is P90X for women?

I am curious how many women have done P90X with good success? post results.

I am trying to work out a good program for my wife, she works from home and has a kid, so going to the gym is not always an option. Thanks

gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000) gewaltigsbabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've never done p90x...but if it works for a man, it can work for a woman. It doesn't matter what gender you are. if you do it properly, eat a good diet, it will work.

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm on my second month of P90x. I've notice some changes..definitely leaning down..along with some muscle going.

But with summer coming..I'll keep at it and next fall bulk to regain more size.

I think it's a great program to build up strenght and stanima.

I have beginning,30 day shots but you won't see much change with my body. Only time I see it is when I'm flexing..I see way more definition in my legs and stomach..with my arms shrinking

I can show if you want.

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by treener View Post
    I'm on my second month of P90x. I've notice some changes..definitely leaning down..along with some muscle going.

But with summer coming..I'll keep at it and next fall bulk to regain more size.

I think it's a great program to build up strenght and stanima.

I have beginning,30 day shots but you won't see much change with my body. Only time I see it is when I'm flexing..I see way more definition in my legs and stomach..with my arms shrinking

I can show if you want.
    I was thinking of getting P90X because I would like to work out at home. I don't want to lose weight though. I would like more definition, but also want to build muscle. I struggle with keeping weight on and haven't been doing cardio.

Are you only recommending this program for those who want to cut?

mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hi,
    i have done p90x and these were my results:

lost...

-13 lbs(FROM 133 TO 120 LBS)
    -8 inches from waist(FROM 36 TO 28 INCHES)
    -5 inches from hips(FROM 40 TO 35 INCHES)
    -3.5 inches from around chest(FROM 35 TO 31.5)
    -about 3 inches from thighs(each)(FROM 21.5 TO 18.5)
    -about 1.5 to 2 inches from arms(each)(FROM 13 TO 11)

gains:

-muscles
    -stamina
    -strenght
    -confidence

most of all i had fun and still do thru weight lifting,doing some p90x and some turbo jam

hope this helps
    Last edited by mommyof5boys; 02-24-2010 at 07:35 AM.

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PattyU View Post
    I was thinking of getting P90X because I would like to work out at home. I don't want to lose weight though. I would like more definition, but also want to build muscle. I struggle with keeping weight on and haven't been doing cardio.

Well..if I hop on the scale it says I haven't lost a pound..but maybe it's me..but I feel I lost some size in my shoulders and arms..but they look more defined.

My legs..omg..they have changed a lot in the last month. I love P90x for that. They too are more defined (although the booty sure need a lot of work next winter).

Would I use it to cut..for me. Yah..I would. For right now..with me only being not only a year into this lifestyle. For those really into this..I'm not to sure if this would be the way to go..

It can get repetitive, the guys says the same things over and over. But it can also be a bit motivational as I am at home working out and he can push you to do more.

I wish I could say more. Only 30 days in and still 60 to go. From what I see of most photos..the changes start from here on out..but with my body..that may not happen. Skinny Minny. Blah.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Did it for a month and hated it with a passion. Also, despite careful calorie tracking, I got fatter. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Got to the point that I dreaded my workouts, rather than looked forward to them.

It did increase my pull/chin up ability, but I missed lifting heavy things and wanted to smack Tony and his team across their faces by week 3.

I quit at the end of phase one, swapped to a program based around heavy compounds and haven't looked back.
    -

Here are my non flexed front shots and my Day 30 somewhat flexed (I have no idea how to flex). I can't see much difference in these shots..but I have lost an 1.5 inches in the waist and a in the thighs. Wish I could show more..maybe at day 60 and 90 I'll repost.
    Attached Images

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have gone through the program twice and am kind of, sort of on my third round. I am modifying it a bit because I feel it doesn't have enough emphasis on legs.
    I lost 8 pounds on my first time around, but more so noticed a change in definition. My back changed quite a bit as did my shoulders and arms. I would post pix, but I am at work and don't have those on my work computer
    Personally, I like the program because it provided a set workout routine and schedule; something I sorely needed. I also like Tony Horton, although I have read that some people find him extremely annoying. Currently I have stopped watching the videos and have incorporated exercises from P90X with exercises I have found on this site.
    As with any type of exercise regime, nutrition is very important. P90X comes with a nutrition plan that changes with each phase of the program.
    After joining this site, I wonder if I really should have dropped that kind of cash on P90X when everything I needed was right here Nothing I can do about that now....just throwing out my 2 cents. Hope this helps!

mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the ones i never done with p90x is yoga...i replaced it with cardio and i didn't do the stretch just took a day off lol

my last couple of weeks of p90x i switched there cardio and kenpo days with turbo jam cardio party mix which i find is really fun...

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Did it for a month and hated it with a passion. Also, despite careful calorie tracking, I got fatter. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Got to the point that I dreaded my workouts, rather than looked forward to them.

It did increase my pull/chin up ability, but I missed lifting heavy things and wanted to smack Tony and his team across their faces by week 3.

I quit at the end of phase one, swapped to a program based around heavy compounds and haven't looked back.
    Yes..I follow a pretty strict diet..and tony can DRIVE you nuts!!!! I just tell him off now. And like medjen..when I'm done my 90 days(because I have to finish what I started or it's a waste of money that I spent - love yah honey..it wasn't' a waste!!)..I'll go back to the heavy lifting! But I think I may reuse it again next spring!

Originally Posted by mommyof5boys View Post
    hi,

lost...

gains:

-muscles
    -stamina
    -strenght
    -confidence

most of all i had fun and still do thru weight lifting,doing some p90x and some turbo jam

hope this helps
    This is awesome!!! Great job! Yah..the yoga can be quite long..really long. I personally love yoga and do it but I can see why others don't. Many just replace that one up.

treener... i do see a differencefor just 1.5 inches wow...

abalquier...i know what you mean,since finding this site i have switched it around...i still do p90x or at least some of the workouts...i do think that p90x is a great way to start...i got great results so for me it was worth it...

Thanks.

And I agree. If you don't have a home gym and don't really know how to work out..this is a great way to start, IMHO.

lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did it, but honestly I never understood why Tony doesn't use weights for the chest and legs - he uses some for the legs but not much. I understand the program is for leaning out, but if you're lifting for some body parts and using body weight exercises for others, wouldn't that create some imbalances?

kristit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I just purchased P90X yesterday off of EBAY for 89 bucks. I am very excited to get it and get started. I will update you guys and let you know how it works for me.

pringlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pringlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started it a week ago and would have results in 90 days, but I now have an unrelated mid-back strain that I need to rest first - particularly with all of the chin-ups (I use the bands), push-ups in the program.

Imo, P90x is a a straightforward program that anyone should be able to follow. Note that the vids are a bit long, so she will need an hour+ of free time to get it in.

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    It did increase my pull/chin up ability, but I missed lifting heavy things and wanted to smack Tony and his team across their faces by week 3..
    There's something about the breathing/grunting that bothers me, but he is the least annoying of the presenters in my collection.

Thanks.

And I agree. If you don't have a home gym and don't really know how to work out..this is a great way to start, IMHO.
    I agree. Perfect for those of us that need a little schedule/structure as well.

tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgspeedracer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats some good info. My wife started yesterday and already is complaining about being sore, so it must be pretty good

Originally Posted by tgspeedracer View Post
    thats some good info. My wife started yesterday and already is complaining about being sore, so it must be pretty good
    Tell her good luck with Plyometrics today. That was my killer the first time!

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tell her good luck with Plyometrics today. That was my killer the first time!
    Ha ha! Yes, plyo is a great workout. I had no idea what I was in for but I love that workout. Makes me sweat, get's my heart rate up there and I feel like I've worked my butt off when it's over.

well she is a week into it and loving it. She complains of how sore she is, so it must be workimg

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PattyU View Post

It's a good program for strength gains, endurance, balance, flexibility, etc...People can make decent newbie gains with the program. But if a person wants to continue building overall muscle, you're going to need something else.

Cutting is all about your diet...not a specific training program.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CTS1024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did it and saw some moderate increases in definition, a bit of leaning out. I think some of the cardio is very low-intensity (i.e., the kickboxing routine) and a bit boring, and sometimes Tony talks WAY too much. I found that if I fast-fowarded through all his jabbering, I could get the workouts done in 45 minutes instead of an hour :-) It's very big on multiple sets for each body part - basically high rep, high volume routines. Different than a bodybuilder's routine. And I agree with the posts above re: legs - they are almost entirely bodyweight resistance sometimes with light dumbbells thrown in for kicks.

cint21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

p90x for women

hey,

looks like you've had awesome results with the p90x. i am on day 4 of p90x. i have been a bit nervous about gaining weight because obviously muscles weighs more than fat. Did you find the scales went up a little bit in the beginning and then your weight started dropping after you got used to the programs and routines? because after my first day, i put on 600grams, but people have been saying that is just swelling of the muscles from the workout the day before.
    I am really looking to lean down, i am a full time tennis player and need to lean down for this but also i need to build muscle, i do everything with resistance bands at the moment, purely because i don't want to bulk up. Do you think i'm doing the right thing?
    I am also following the nutrition kind lines too

If anyone has any words of advice, drop a line?

Originally Posted by mommyof5boys View Post
    hi,

lost...

gains:

-muscles
    -stamina
    -strenght
    -confidence

hope this helps

uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also did a round of P90X. Lost 13lbs and visibly gained around biceps/triceps/shoulders/chest areas (leaned out, and perhaps put on a wee bit of muscle).
    I quite liked it. Nice, lots of variety. Especially upper body routines. I still do the cardio and the yoga from time to time.
    (NB: I did P90X classics, 8-10 reps max as heavy as I could)

Now I switched to compound lifts at the gym and I think that P90X leg routine is not very strong. When I started doing squats for the first time, I could barely walk for 3 days. It didn't feel the same at all!

Also, they suggest using bands in replacement of pullups, I didn't find that effective at all. I made more progress in a month by doing BB rows and the like.
    Also, once, I tried to use a "heavy" band for triceps work, believe it or not, I broke it, it snapped and I got whipped in the process. I'm not going to train with bands any time soon! (and I don't think it snapped because I'm that strong lol )

Stats wise in the last month of P90X, I lost 2 kgs, and about 15 centimeters (upper body essentially). After 1 month of compound lifts: lost barely 1 kg, but minus 11.5 centimeters overall (upper AND lower body). Considering the ratio kgs/centimeters loss, coumpound lifting seems more effective to me.
    I'm still a newbie though, and started a bit overweight, so perhaps it's easier to loose weight and increase strength whatever I do :~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125294131