DrHateface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrHateface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining Strength/ muscle + fat loss at the same time

I'm currently interested in developing as much strength as possible with little to no change in weight. How would I go about this, building stronger muscle rather than more muscle? Eat a minor caloric surplus? eat at maintenance calories? any macronutrient ratios I should be aware of?

furthermore, I was curious about if it's possible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time even after training regularly and establishing a healthy base (I know you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time, as I did both when I first started kickboxing). I've researched this again and again, but can't really find a solid answer. thoughts?

wonderbeard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DrHateface View Post
    I'm currently interested in developing as much strength as possible with little to no change in weight. How would I go about this, building stronger muscle rather than more muscle? Eat a minor caloric surplus? eat at maintenance calories? any macronutrient ratios I should be aware of?

furthermore, I was curious about if it's possible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time even after training regularly and establishing a healthy base (I know you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time, as I did both when I first started kickboxing). I've researched this again and again, but can't really find a solid answer. thoughts?
    while it's not really a magic answer, look into carb cycling. if you use it right, you should be able to gain muscle while gaining MINIMAL fat. Good luck.

DrHateface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrHateface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I once gave keto a shot, but that didn't work out too well

do you mean carb cycling as in alternating days of high/low carbs?

What doesn't kill me..... AbAbber2k's Avatar
    AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000)
    No need for gimmicks. The only real reason to follow Keto/Carb Cycling/Intermittent Fasting/etc/etc is for personal and lifestyle preferences.

Follow a strict lifting schedule, track your lifts, eat at or just BARELY under/over (depending on focus of muscle gain vs fat loss) maintenance calories, and aim for at least 1g/lbBW protein per day. I dropped from 10 to 9% following those rules with NO change in bodyweight. Results will vary of course... I'm coming back from seriously falling off the wagon so I have the benefits of a nice training rebound, but the principles are sound.
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    AKC Kettlebell Coach, CST Coach
    BS Kinesiology, Washington State University