Thread: my new projects

jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

my new projects

Like I didn't have enough projects!

got the paramount ab back machine for 20 buck at one of my favorite resale shops. probably wont use it much, but i couldn't pass it up for the price. plan for now is fix the padding paint it and sell it

sissy squat still in progress

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That rusty weld on the back machine looks a little scary. Is it solid?

The sissy squat looks good. If you feel the need to make another for some $, let me know.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    That rusty weld on the back machine looks a little scary. Is it solid?
    after i knock the rust off, I'll get a better idea of how much damage there is, might just have to build a new foot rest. all the other spots are just surface rust, no big deal

The sissy squat looks good. If you feel the need to make another for some $, let me know.
    you'll be the first one on the list

Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Reburbing

Very Nice. I'd recommend Arctic vinyl from Joann Fabric.

I'm interested in learning what your technique will be for wrapping cylindrical pads.
    Last edited by Bryan88MA; 02-09-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    I'm only ecto on the outside

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm bidding on one of your deadlift jacks.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heck that stack on the ab machine is worth a couple hunnerd
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Bryan88MA View Post

I'm interested in learning what your technique will be for wrapping cylindrical pads.
    I have a upholstery person that does must of my work. I'm not sure how she we do it, but I bet it will look nice. like most of her jobs.

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    I'm bidding on one of your deadlift jacks.
    Check your PM

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Heck that stack on the ab machine is worth a couple hunnerd
    that's what i was thinking, I'm going to keep this stack on the machine.
    I already have like 1000 lbs of stack weights sitting around.

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jrr View Post
    Check your PM
    Don't forget the other person who wanted one
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Not specific to cylindrical pads, but here is a website(as well as others out there) on reupholstery.

Also, when you go to work on benches/seats/etc. you are going to want to work with a quality rebond material, that is fairly dense, as well as not so thick. Some will say to use an rating of 50-60, which would be a 3+ density rating on the foam. This is due to the lack of overall thickness.

Here is a general website:

http://www.strengthtech.com/reup/reup.htm

Can't remember, as it has been several years since purchasing a particular nice wrap/cover over the internet, at a good cost. Had a soft but long lasting inside backing, and has worn well. Matched that up with a dense rebond.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    Not specific to cylindrical pads, but here is a website(as well as others out there) on reupholstery.

Also, when you go to work on benches/seats/etc. you are going to want to work with a quality rebond material, that is fairly dense, as well as not so thick. Some will say to use an rating of 50-60, which would be a 3+ density rating on the foam. This is due to the lack of overall thickness.

Can't remember, as it has been several years since purchasing a particular nice wrap/cover over the internet, at a good cost. Had a soft but long lasting inside backing, and has worn well. Matched that up with a dense rebond.
    I purchased some foam from that company several years back to restore a bench and it was great padding. Their instructions were very clear and easy to follow. It was a much easier process than I expected.

Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Don't forget the other person who wanted one
    sent you a PM

Thanks for the info.

I use dense carpet padding about 3 layers glued together for my benches and get the vinyl custom fitted to the pad. I like my benches firm and this seems to work good.heres one i did a while back

Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan88MA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

foam

I too had good luck using several layers of carpet padding, when I refurbished THIS bench:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ight=refurbish

I have also used this 1" high density foam for my poker table rails

http://www.yourautotrim.com/1x54x1060hdr.html.

It might be OK for a basic bench. This stuff is a lot better that the green foam at Joann Fabric. Great for a chair or padded rail, but still might not be firm enough for a heavy duty weight bench.

For replacement foam for a commercial quality bench (pre-upholstered) there is always:

http://www.fullcirclepadding.com/
    I'm only ecto on the outside

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I too had good luck using several layers of carpet padding, when I refurbished THIS bench:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ight=refurbish

I have also used this 1" high density foam for my poker table rails

http://www.yourautotrim.com/1x54x1060hdr.html.

It might be OK for a basic bench. This stuff is a lot better that the green foam at Joann Fabric. Great for a chair or padded rail, but still might not be firm enough for a heavy duty weight bench.

For replacement foam for a commercial quality bench (pre-upholstered) there is always:

http://www.fullcirclepadding.com/
    full circle padding carries quality stuff. As an aside, I often reference their website, when I find a commercial item on CL, for sale, or pictures online from an auction. They have quite a few pictures of commercial items.

Have considered a few times, giving them a try on purchasing a set of pads from them, but never have yet. Do know a few people who have, and have been happy. Have spoken with full circle a few times, and they are also willing to make pads for items not shown on their website. They just need a few pictures and dimensions.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thats a really good site, thanks for the link and the info.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That bench looks nice, Im thinking of redoing a bench in blue vinyl.

But Id need to be sure of the foam first, the floor padding is a good idea.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    here's one I did awhile back
    so you had someone else do the vinyl though? You would need a pretty heavy duty sewing machine to make that
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    That bench looks nice, Im thinking of redoing a bench in blue vinyl.

But Id need to be sure of the foam first, the floor padding is a good idea.
    thanks

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    so you had someone else do the vinyl though? You would need a pretty heavy duty sewing machine to make that
    Yes, she doesn?t really charge that much to do this kind of stuff. It her side job she works at a furniture factory, so she knows here business

update on my progress

I ended up getting rid of the Ab/back machine after reading the equipment you regret thread. Paid 20 and sold it for 50....ah, not to bad I think.

Here's some pic of the Sissy squat, just need some longer foam rollers and collars to hold the rollers.

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice progress on the sissy squat. At least you made a profit on the re-sell.

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very nice indeed
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Looks great. Please PM me, when you're ready to sell one.

Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Nice progress on the sissy squat. At least you made a profit on the re-sell.
    Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Very nice indeed
    Looks great. Please PM me, when you're ready to sell one.
    thanks guys

sure will pumping4life, its going to be a while, wifes getting jealous that I'm spending more time with my projects than with her.