TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Vision's "Oh God, not another lame fat loss log"!

[UPDATE]

Original post here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122572501

Really appreciate the responses to my other thread, guys.

For the rest (current stats):
    Weight : 216pds
    Target Weight: 180 (IF I ever go there)
    Height: 5"10'
    Fat Content: Too embarrassed to determine :-(
    Hobbies: WatchGeek (watchgeeks.net), gaming (duh), spending time with 2 children/wife, electronic geek.
    Reason for motivation: Sick of living with the extra pounds and my dad recently passed away with heart/lung problems and partial reason was obesity.

I'm off to a good start today. Woke up at 6am, dragged myself down to the kitchen. Drank a glass of cold water mixed with one scoop of whey.

Had a 30 min session of light weights (no strength right now so I made the best of whatever I could lift :-( ), then jogged on the treadmill for 15 mins. For the first time in a year, I actually had sweat rolling down my eyebrows. It was a feeling I can't describe but I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

Had another whey shake (milk, ground oatmeal,whey) before going to work. Okay, this is gonna sound corny but I set up alarm in my watch for 10:30am for a snack reminder which I just ate ...an apple+salt-free peanuts.

Funny I have a water fountain right behind my desk at work but I've never cared much for it as the vending machine outside was more interesting for selection.

Lunch at 12:30 (fresh cut chick breast on 2 pieces of wheat bread, 2% slice of cheese, tomat/lettuce). For 3pm, I bought a fat-free yoplait yogurt+peanuts+banana.

I'm hoping the afternoon snack will fill my up so when I go home at 6pm, I'm not starving and trying to gulp down a man vs food portion.

So far, so good and if I ever pull this off, it's gonna be cos of u guys and this forum!

PS: Only prob is I'm having a little bit of diarrhea ..is that cos of the whey shake maybe? Hmm.
    [ Thinking of something cool to put here ]

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just subscribed to your journal, so you have no excuses.

I really look forward to reading about your progress.

The alarm going off to remind you to eat isn't that weird. A lot of people do that, and also don't worry about "not having strength". It'll take time, but do it all incrementally and intelligently, and you'll do great.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheVision has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Appreciated man.

For the fun of it, I'lll try posting a pic of fat-me sometime later as a motivation factor. Not expecting much change till 3 weeks later so thats when I'll take my next pic shot.

I can't believe that it's around lunch time and I'm not even starving from the apple+peanuts I had at 10am.

I once read somewhere that to lose weight, it was 40% exercise and 60% diet. Now I truly believe it.

folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Subscribed.

Now we'll kick your butt if you mess it up! Right?

Serioulsy though. Very cool.
    "I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar." - Homer Simpson

folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) folkprophet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheVision;454092541PS:
    Only prob is I'm having a little bit of diarrhea ..is that cos of the whey shake maybe? Hmm.
    Likely. And whey will unquestionably give you the farts and it will never end. You can use certain supplements to regulate it and improve it. The diarrhea itself won't stick around. It could also just be related to a dietary change and the body's adjusting. If it doesnt' go away fairly soon you might see a doctor to make sure everything's okay. Otherwise, think of it as the first sign that you're losing weight. Ha ha.
    "I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar." - Homer Simpson

Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    Lunch at 12:30 (fresh cut chick breast on 2 pieces of wheat bread, 2% slice of cheese, tomat/lettuce). For 3pm, I bought a fat-free yoplait yogurt+peanuts+banana.
    If you use fat-free processes slices it tastes pretty good on a sandwhich and helps with the sat. fat content...which is a good thing.

Make sure the wheat bread is 'whole' wheat bread or it's basically white bread with brown food coloring.

Also...fat-free does NOT mean sugar free. Just so you're aware. The fat-free yogurt very well may be loaded with sugar. So be aware.

Thanks for the info. Is there any particular kind/brand of yogurt u likes prefer here?

...an apple+salt-free peanuts.
    Sorry for the multiple posts but I just noticed this... You could def. eat more (rephrase 'should' definately eat more) than this for a snack. You want a calorie deficit, but you don't want to starve yourself or hurt your health. Too little calories is bad too.

Thanks for the info. Is there any particular kind/brand of yogurt u likes prefer here?
    Again...sorry for the post mongering....

Walmart has a sugar free/low fat brand that's great (Great Value, I think). Dunno beyond that.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plain ***e for the win! It's Greek style, which simply means it's been strained, so there's less liquid in it. There's more protein in it than run-of-the-mill Dannon or Yoplait...I think ***e is actually a Greek company...

Anyway, any plain yogurt is better than yogurt with "fruit" added. If you get plain yogurt, you can do anything you want to it, including adding a little chocolate protein powder to make it into something resembling pudding.

To lose weight, remember that hunger is not an enemy. It's an indicator of your homeostatic state. It's only a hormonal response to fat levels dropping. Stick to your schedule, and don't overdo it if you think you're starving. Trust me. You're not.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Plain ***e for the win! It's Greek style, which simply means it's been strained, so there's less liquid in it. There's more protein in it than run-of-the-mill Dannon or Yoplait...I think ***e is actually a Greek company...

Anyway, any plain yogurt is better than yogurt with "fruit" added. If you get plain yogurt, you can do anything you want to it, including adding a little chocolate protein powder to make it into something resembling pudding.

To lose weight, remember that hunger is not an enemy. It's an indicator of your homeostatic state. It's only a hormonal response to fat levels dropping. Stick to your schedule, and don't overdo it if you think you're starving. Trust me. You're not.
    Wow...F-A-G-E is what I was trying to write. Evidently either Bodybuilding.com thinks I'm slurring homosexuals, or they're anti-Hellenic.

Also, taxation is theft.

Wow...F-A-G-E is what I was trying to write. Evidently either Bodybuilding.com thinks I'm slurring homosexuals, or they're anti-Hellenic.
    Lol.....I read your first post and couldn't understand what u meant by **** yogurt!

Anyway, day 2 on my unpredictable diet.

Not sure if this is from the glass of milk+whey I drank last nite, I woke up this morning and just felt stronger. Did 40 mins of weights; I only have dumbbells at home so worked my upper body (biceps, triceps, forearms). Then did a quick 10 min sprint on the treadmill.

Had a better workout than yesterday but due to arthritis, my knees started hurting afterwards. I think I'm going to skip tomorrow. Actually, I'm now thinking with my bad knees and arthritis, I might do workouts on Mon, Wed, Fri, once during weekend.

Would luv to lose fat/weight but don't want to end up in a situation where I cannot do anything at all.

Packed my snacks/lunch from home again today and so far , its going good.

2 days now with a clean diet and daily exercise. I'll see how long I can keep this going.

Late

Lol.....I read your first post and couldn't understand what u meant by **** yogurt!

Not sure if this is from the glass of milk+whey I drank last nite, I woke up this morning and just felt stronger. Did 40 mins of weights; I only have dumbbells at home so worked my upper body (biceps, triceps, forearms). Then did a quick 10 min sprint on the treadmill.

Had a better workout than yesterday but due to arthritis, my knees started hurting afterwards. I think I'm going to skip tomorrow. Actually, I'm now thinking with my bad knees and arthritis, I might do workouts on Mon, Wed, Fri, once during weekend.

Would luv to lose fat/weight but don't want to end up in a situation where I cannot do anything at all.

2 days now with a clean diet and daily exercise. I'll see how long I can keep this going.

Late
    Keep in mind the axiom that bodies are built in the kitchen. The cardio and weight lifting are supplemental. The eating is key.

Late
    In addition to folkprophet's advice, don't short-change yourself with the arthritis. Ask your doctor first, but I've read loads of articles that encourage squats to improve or even eliminate symptoms. You have dumbbells, so you can do them if you get the "OK".

Keep it up!

Also, taxation is theft.

One week has passed...where are you, man?

Also, taxation is theft.

HELLOOOOOOOOOO THERE!

Hey All

I'm back. Had some interesting developments since late Feb. Right in the second week of my regime, I devloped some serious knee inflammation (arithiritis as well) and long story short, had to get knee surgery done on both knees.

Spend another 6 weeks in recovery while gaining another 10 pounds in the process due to lack of movement, frustration and self pity.

Started walking/light jogging last week and couldn't wait to get back to my real life. Got the green light from my doc yesterday and I'm back in full swing.

Bumped into a guy at work who went thru a decent weight-loss himself and his plan is something that a lot here would frown at.

Basically, he cut out his cals altogether...cereal in the morning and one light meal at night while feeding on water all day. He lost about 20 pounds over 2 months with no vigorous activity, now pills nor supplements.

I'm going to give this a shot (got no muscle mass at lose anyway).

Today is my second day of a similar diet but I'm doing 30 min light treadmill/stationery bike and 2X weight session.

Breakfast (8am): 1 glass of milk+2 scoops of whey+2 scoops of oatmeal+ 1 GNC Mens Sports Vita pill.

Lunch: Handful of peanuts and ****loads of water all day.

5pm: (Dren cap X 1) light workout
    6pm (dinner): Small portion of 1 tortilla+grilled meat.
    10pm: Glass of fat-free milk

Current weight : 225 pounds.

2 days in this program now and it's not that bad at all despite my fears. I think the high water intake +vita pill +Dren in the PM is keeping me sane and energized.

Workout is as follows:
    Mon, Wed, Fri = 30 mins of light cardio on bike/treadmill
    Tue, Thur = all body light workout with dumbbells, bench.

Also, during my recovery, cos of more weight, my blood pressure/thyroid have gone up too so I'm really glad I'm back in full swing.

Planning to weigh myself again in 28 days from now.

Late.

So that's what happened up to June. What about between then and now?

Also, taxation is theft.

So that's what happened up to June. What about between then and now?
    Appreciate u guys are still looking out :-).

Copy-n-paste from my other recent thread with pic. 11 pounds lost so looking good!!

Started out on July 5th (after pigging out the entire Independence weekend) at 225 lbs.

- My Regime -
    Morning=> Oatmeal with water, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 scoop of whey
    Lunch=> 6 slices of fresh cut chick breast+1 slice of cheese+tomatoe wrapped in giant lettuce leaf
    PM Workout => 30 mins of cardio and weights (50 mins total)
    PO => Whey mixed in water+ground oatmeal
    Dinner => Courtesy of wife (small bowl of chick/lamp/fish curry)

I munch on handful of peanuts during the day if I get hungry. As you can see, I'm trying to cut out the carbs a lot so no grains. Sometims I'll have a little bit of white rice for dinner but try not to make it a habit.

I've already lost about 9 pounds now in 3 weeks so am down to 215 now. What I'm finding is fat comes off in no particular order nor spot. Like I've lost weight from my boobies (hah) but my manly love handles seem to be more obvious despite my loss/strength gain. But I'm not giving up....lord knows how the actual fat-loss occurs in which particular order.

Creating a thread after 3 weeks cos I wasn't expecting I could keep this up but somehow I did so I'm glad.

Short term goal is 200 by Sepember and 190 by November.

Here's a pic of me at my heaviest ....225 manly pounds of corona, baby ribs, Tom & Jerry Ice-cream and multiple servings of hot spicy chicken cooked in full cream and yogurt downed by more beer ;-).

Hi again.

5 weeks in now. Some minor physical changes. At work right now but will post updated pics tonite. Scales now read 213 pounds as of Sunday evening.

Sorry for not updating this frequently as I've tried this before and failed so this time, I'm really giving it my best shot. 5 weeks in now and still motivated unlike the prior times.

My main goal is to hit under 210LBs BEFORE end of this month which seems like it will at this rate. Not concerned with building muscle/mass at all but only to lose the fat (especially around my belley area).

Finally had a cheat day on Sunday (lean pork tenderloins+potatoe salad+coleshow+1 beer). But did 25 mins treadmill in the evening.

I ordered a Yerba-mate kit last week and taking delivery today so will post my experience with it. Other than that, I'm very happy I'm on track. Taking this whole thing slow and steady :-).

Did my upper body workout today and did the scales ....wasn't expecting it but 211 Lbs now since the weekend!!

I got a looooooong way to go but it's all good.

At 211 Lbs (5 weeks in):

I received the Yerba today and it's definitely got a mild 'coffee' like kick to it. Tastes a lot like Green tea but more stronger. After my workout+cardio, I didn't feel hungry but I'm not sure whether its the Yerba or a litre of water that I consumed while at it.