natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Advice for lifting comp

Im sure this has been asked a lot and don't respond if your tired of answering I love doing barbell bench I do 110's in each arm 7 times for 3 sets. There is a weightlifting comp for greek life coming up in my school and I would test it myself but the gym I go to doesn't have barbench only tons of dumbells and machines. My question is do you think my bar bench will be weaker or stronger from using individuated dumbells for so long?
    "Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it" Vaclav Havel

The mind controls the body. If you are motivated to reach your goals, your mind will make it a reality.
    -Natetrig

BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by natetrig View Post
    Im sure this has been asked a lot and don't respond if your tired of answering I love doing barbell bench I do 110's in each arm 7 times for 3 sets. There is a weightlifting comp for greek life coming up in my school and I would test it myself but the gym I go to doesn't have barbench only tons of dumbells and machines. My question is do you think my bar bench will be weaker or stronger from using individuated dumbells for so long?
    Weaker then what? If you haven't been doing barbell bench press what do you have to go off of as far as numbers go? You probably won't be able to put up as much weight as your normally would just b/c the stabilizers are different and your body won't be used to it. I wouldn't suggest entering the competition unless you go work with barbells first.

If this is for greek life, can't you use the gym at your school?

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I assume that you mean that you are lifting 110 lbs DB's in each hand.

As long as you have good technique on the bench press your carryover should be anywhere from the combined DB weight to the combined DB weight + 50 lbs (for you it would be anywhere from 220-270 lbs on BB bench for 7 reps).

What is the challenge that you have coming up? 225 for reps? Max? etc.?
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50) natetrig will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    I assume that you mean that you are lifting 110 lbs DB's in each hand.

As long as you have good technique on the bench press your carryover should be anywhere from the combined DB weight to the combined DB weight + 50 lbs (for you it would be anywhere from 220-270 lbs on BB bench for 7 reps).

What is the challenge that you have coming up? 225 for reps? Max? etc.?
    Yes I do 110's in each hand lol. Its just between fraternities its not a super serious comp besides bragging rights over some other ***gots like me. I go past 90 with everyrep and dont let my spotter touch me so I do have good form. The real reaon I ask this is because dumbell bench is so much harder I was assuming that with good form on barbell my MAX bench should have gone up but I wanted a comfirmation. An yes the comp is for MAX not reps.
    "Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it" Vaclav Havel

The mind controls the body. If you are motivated to reach your goals, your mind will make it a reality.
    -Natetrig

Cool

Originally Posted by BDiamond View Post
    Weaker then what? If you haven't been doing barbell bench press what do you have to go off of as far as numbers go? You probably won't be able to put up as much weight as your normally would just b/c the stabilizers are different and your body won't be used to it. I wouldn't suggest entering the competition unless you go work with barbells first.

If this is for greek life, can't you use the gym at your school?
    I used to do 225 6 reps then went to dumbells and started at the 90's now im up to 110's so thats what im going off of. Also the gym at my college is under contruction thats why I can't go they are going to make it baller! too bad ill be grad by then

-Natetrig

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you can get access to a barbell it would help. The technique is not completely the same. I'm sure you'll do OK. But, you could easily do better with just one or two barbell sessions.

Cool

Originally Posted by MDPower75 View Post
    If you can get access to a barbell it would help. The technique is not completely the same. I'm sure you'll do OK. But, you could easily do better with just one or two barbell sessions.
    Is this due to stabalizer muscles as the other dude said?

-Natetrig

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DB bench is different than bb bench so you can't generally equate the 2 weight wise. I will say this tho, you can typically do more weight on barbell then you can on dumbbell because the weight is more evenly distributed across the bar rather than squarely over each arm/wrist. But, if you never do BB bench, the motion of not bringing the weights together and the way the bar is lifted will be different for you and you won't do as much as you could if you did bb bench on a regular basis.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is this due to stabalizer muscles as the other dude said?
    Eh, not really. Just a different technique (as Rsardinia stated). It's a different implement. So, even though it's the same motion there are some differences in the skill. Barbell bench with a good set up lets you use your whole body to lift. I can't imagine how you can get the same with dumbbells.....