Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Pull up bar on your door frame

I was wondering, if you had a fairly old/weak door frame, and put a pull up bar on it, is it likely to break the door frame when doing pull ups, or does it misdirect the pressure/weight onto the bar some how? (I weigh 60-70kg),

and also, is it worth buying one of these if anyone has it ? I was looking to get the JML Iron Gym Workout Bar,

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Really depends on how 'old' or 'weak' it might be. It distributes the weight decently, but you can't exactly use it on a doorframe that's about to fall off.

I bought one a few weeks ago, and I love it so far. It's by no means something you should use to "get jacked", but it helps out quite a bit if you're looking to supplement a good workout program and up your pullup/chinup numbers.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zonn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ty mate xD, I mainly wanted it so I could increase how many pull ups I could do, and everytime I walk past the door give it a few chin ups :P, I wouldn't use it for a serious work out, save that for the gym, I just want it to have around incase I fancy doing a few xD,

cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cable3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    those things are more for people under 6-foot tall i tried one and it was realy awkward feeling due to the door only being so tall... and my knees almost touching the floor

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Zonn View Post
    Ty mate xD, I mainly wanted it so I could increase how many pull ups I could do, and everytime I walk past the door give it a few chin ups :P, I wouldn't use it for a serious work out, save that for the gym, I just want it to have around incase I fancy doing a few xD,
    Definitely worth the money, then. If you know anyone that has one, see if you can borrow it for a day or so to see if your door frames can handle it.
    Also, I'd say spending an extra $10 for the added grip positions on the Iron Gym Xtreme is worth it over the regular Iron Gym.

Originally Posted by cable3333 View Post
    those things are more for people under 6-foot tall i tried one and it was realy awkward feeling due to the door only being so tall... and my knees almost touching the floor
    Can't say I've ever had a problem with it.

edit# Ah, nvm.. I see what you mean. It's a little awkward not being able to straighten your legs, but I think you get used to it after a while. I don't really notice it much anymore, unless it's after a heavy leg day and my hams feel like cramping up while I'm doing them.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Wormm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Zonn View Post
    I was wondering, if you had a fairly old/weak door frame, and put a pull up bar on it, is it likely to break the door frame when doing pull ups, or does it misdirect the pressure/weight onto the bar some how? (I weigh 60-70kg),

and also, is it worth buying one of these if anyone has it ? I was looking to get the JML Iron Gym Workout Bar,
    That pull up bar ****ed my frame man!! I'd to pay the landlord loads for repair. I would suggest fixing it btwn concrete, like in the shower, right nxt to the shower curtain bar.

jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jakeratt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i mean just loose some weight then there will be no fear of hurting the frame...
    J/k they say that they shouldnt hurt anything
    "A lifetime of training for just ten seconds" -Jesse Owens

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
    Michael Jordan

Jonny_Alpha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From a physics standpoint, the majority of the weight is counterbalanced against the sides of the door frame rather then pulling down on the top.

The standard pull up bar that is sold everywhere relies on torque, which is a rotational force and in this instance, can only act against a vertical object, such as the left and right sides of the door frame and the wall directly above the door. Just visualize it, I don't wanna draw a diagram

If the frames are made of weak wood, then yes they may break due to the repeated compression. However, I wouldn't worry about the door frame coming off the walls or something.

Just make sure you do the pull ups correctly and DON'T SWING or KICK your legs.

I put mine on my bedroom door, and everytime I go in or out, I do a quick set. I went from 0-10 in like 2 months.

Good Luck!