Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    ... but for the most part I'm going to try to continue eating clean. Once the bloat goes down some, I will start to gradually increase my calories as the workouts progress.

When you say bloat do you mean your gut feels full all the time or do you mean you look smooth as if you're holding a lot of water?
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    When you say bloat do you mean your gut feels full all the time or do you mean you look smooth as if you're holding a lot of water?
    haha, I looked SWOLLEN not smooth b/c I was holding water. i woke up the Monday after the show at like 210lbs, but looked like my old 240lb self! Mainly my chest, abs, and ankles were swollen. After doing some cardio and eating clean, I was down to 201 by Saturday. But I'm back up again b/c of last Sunday.

I guess you live and learn. Next time post contest (or post season for that matter) I'll binge on the meal right after the show, but then slowly add calories back in for a few weeks. I've learned that my body just can't handle all that food right away. Also, I hadn't really had any alcohol in like a year and had a few beers watching football the Sunday with after the show with Paul and some friends. I think this is what really made me spill over.

Either way, it's not that big of a deal since I don't plan on competing again until 2012. It just messed with my mind for a few days, but I think I'm passed the mental hurdle. I'm in this for the long haul, and DO need to get bigger, which means I'll lose some detail along the way. Plus, I can always do 4-6 week mini-cut in a few months if I really want to lean up again since I know how to diet down correctly now.

Hope this provides some insight for you, maybe you can take some precautions after your show next year
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    haha, I looked SWOLLEN not smooth b/c I was holding water. i woke up the Monday after the show at like 210lbs, but looked like my old 240lb self! Mainly my chest, abs, and ankles were swollen. After doing some cardio and eating clean, I was down to 201 by Saturday. But I'm back up again b/c of last Sunday.

Hope this provides some insight for you, maybe you can take some precautions after your show next year
    Thanks!
    I've read about guys getting bloated and I wasn't sure exactly what they meant.

This is one of the reasons I'm running this dry run. I not only want to know how long it takes to drop the fluff but also how to put on size afterwards without fluffing up again.
    I plan to add calories back into my diet slowly once I reach my goal for this dry run.
    I want to stay as lean as possible while adding some size.
    I don't want to hard diet down next spring.
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I guess you live and learn. Next time post contest (or post season for that matter) I'll binge on the meal right after the show, but then slowly add calories back in for a few weeks. I've learned that my body just can't handle all that food right away. Also, I hadn't really had any alcohol in like a year and had a few beers watching football the Sunday with after the show with Paul and some friends. I think this is what really made me spill over.

Either way, it's not that big of a deal since I don't plan on competing again until 2012. It just messed with my mind for a few days, but I think I'm passed the mental hurdle. I'm in this for the long haul, and DO need to get bigger, which means I'll lose some detail along the way. Plus, I can always do 4-6 week mini-cut in a few months if I really want to lean up again since I know how to diet down correctly now.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I certainly didn't diet as long as you, but I still needed to slowly add calories back in and take things slowly... and then you get that mental mindf*ck where you feel like you're nearly obese or something lol.

I also know that, if I ever even want to dream of competing, I need to add some size and so I'm trying to stay committed to that instead of thinking "why don't I have the definition I had when I was at my absolute leanest this summer?" I think minicuts along the way are a great way to handle some of that... I'm planning on continuing the bulk up until Thanksgiving which would put me right @ the 12 week mark, running a 4 week minicut, and then another 12 weeks of bulking to start the year.
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like a great start Adam....I have no doubt that you and Paul will feed off each other this next year and gain some significant size!
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is one of the reasons I'm running this dry run. I not only want to know how long it takes to drop the fluff but also how to put on size afterwards without fluffing up again.
    I plan to add calories back into my diet slowly once I reach my goal for this dry run.
    I want to stay as lean as possible while adding some size.
    I don't want to hard diet down next spring.
    Sounds like a great plan!

Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    I also know that, if I ever even want to dream of competing, I need to add some size and so I'm trying to stay committed to that instead of thinking "why don't I have the definition I had when I was at my absolute leanest this summer?" I think minicuts along the way are a great way to handle some of that... I'm planning on continuing the bulk up until Thanksgiving which would put me right @ the 12 week mark, running a 4 week minicut, and then another 12 weeks of bulking to start the year.
    Yeah, also the mini-cuts can let you experiment a little with the diet as well as try to find new recipes/foods and how your body responds to them. Plus, one can kind of get mentally prepared for a real contest-prep diet. Once you diet for 4-6 weeks a few times, extending it out to 16-20+ won't be that bad.

Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Sounds like a great start Adam....I have no doubt that you and Paul will feed off each other this next year and gain some significant size!
    You know it!
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Tri-Phase Week 1, Workout 2
    October 20, 2010

Decline Bench Press
    185x10, 185x10, 205x10

Low Incline DB Press
    75x10, 75x10, 85x10

Dips
    BW+35x10, 3 sets

BB Shoulder Press
    135x10, 3 sets

Side Lateral DB Raise
    30x10, 3 sets

15 recumbent bike, 12 minutes sauna

Another "feeler" type of workout. Pace was pretty fast and my chest and shoulders got a great pump. We decided to switch it up do the decline bench, mainly b/c Paul suggested using it after reading/seeing some Dorian Yates videos that suggest it's the best movement for chest thickness. I also liked the low incline DB movement, since you still work the chest but it saves the shoulders a bit for later in the workout.

Woke up today at 205.1 and still carrying some bloat, however not at much. To me I just look weird b/c I still see good vascularity in my arms and legs -- even saw one or two in the quad teardrops this AM -- but my chest/abs are just smooth and swollen looking still. I'm gonna still watch my calories and do some treadmill walking later tonight to get a sweat. If I get can get back to around 200lbs or so in the next few days, then I'll start increasing calories on all days.

Looking forward to legs this Friday, I think a nice leg workout will get a good sweat going and get this water moving out of my body.

Decline Bench Press
    185x10, 185x10, 205x10

Low Incline DB Press
    75x10, 75x10, 85x10

Another "feeler" type of workout. Pace was pretty fast and my chest and shoulders got a great pump. We decided to switch it up do the decline bench, mainly b/c Paul suggested using it after reading/seeing some Dorian Yates videos that suggest it's the best movement for chest thickness. I also liked the low incline DB movement, since you still work the chest but it saves the shoulders a bit for later in the workout.
    I like what I see here!

I switched to low inclines and declines a while back. Then I watched a Dorian Chest Seminar, I sent the link to Paul, and it just confirmed what I had been thinking about chest training for some time now.

Tri-Phase Week 1, Workout 3
    October 22, 2010

Hack Squat
    360x10, 2 sets, 360x7/315x3

Squat
    185x10, 3 sets

Cybex Leg Press
    450x10, 3 sets

SLDL
    225x10, 3 sets

Single Leg Curl
    70x10, 80x10, 90x10

Tri-Phase Week 1, Workout 4
    October 23, 2010

Standing Barbell Curl
    105x10, 2 sets, 95x10

Skull Crusher
    105x10, 105x7, 95x10

Close Grip Bench Press
    135x10, 155x10, 135x10

Hammer Curls
    45x10, 50x10, 2 sets

Seated Calf Press
    180x10, 205x10, 205x10

Calf Extension Machine
    180x10, 225x10, 225x10

Both days in the gym were good, legs are still sore from Friday's workout and my arms and calves felt nice and full when Saturday's lifting was done. Went a little off the diet again this weekend, but this was somewhat planned. I gave myself a 2 week window post show to kinda do what I wanted. For the most part my diet's been on point during the week, so the only thing I have to do now is keep my weekends in check more. I want to grow, but want the growth to come more from muscle haha.

Tonight is back/traps. We'll be deadlifting, not sure how this will go since my legs are still hurting. Hopefully once I get some blood flowing and stretch a bit it will be all good.

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you like to do as far as warmups go to loosen up the legs?

I noticed that was my biggest challenge compliance-wise when transitioning to teh bulking phase was the weekends - but like you said, I think you've earned yourself a good "break" given how hard you worked to get that lean.

Tri-Phase, Week 2, Workout 1
    October 25, 2010

Deadlifts
    315x9, 315x10, 335x10, 275x10

High Cable Pull downs
    145x10, 160x10, 175x10, 175x10

Flex Fitness Low Row
    4 sets of 10

Supported T bar rows, wide grip
    90x10, 100x10, 100x8, 90x10

Smith Shrugs
    225x10, 315x10, 315x10, 315x10

DB Shrugs
    105x10, 115x10, 125x10, 125x10

Leg were still very sore going into last nights workout, but it was mainly my quads so it didn't affect my deadlifting. I had to stop a rep short on my first set of deadlifts b/c my stomach wasn't feeling right and didn't want an accident in the gym, if you catch my drift. My goal last night was to get 335 for 10 on deadlifts, which was accomplished. After deads, Paul and I kept a good pace the rest of the night. The gym was a little crowded and we didn't want to wait for the HS iso low row machine, but found the Flex Fitness machine to do the trick, forgot the weights we used, but we got our 4 sets of 10 while keeping good form, machine actually felt pretty nice.

Tonight for me will be a little bit of steady state cardio at Gold's. My fiancée will be working out there tonight, so I'll go with her to get some cardio in, maybe they'll be playing a nice movie in the cardio cinema

Diet was spot on yesterday, and I felt so much more energy b/c I ate clean. I even had my new favorite recipe before bed, a low-carb chicken pizza (i recently read about these in layne norton's thread). Basically it's a low-carb tortilla with light tomato sauce, fat free shredded cheese, and some chicken breast, baked @ 400 degrees for around 12 minutes. Macro profile from last night: 23.6c / 45.2p / 3.5f... threw in some caramel corn rice cakes with natty PB to meet my needs, and went to bed happy. I only wish I would've known about these things during my prep...

What do you like to do as far as warmups go to loosen up the legs?
    I either walk at an incline on a treadmill or ride a bike for a few minutes and then do some light leg extensions and leg curls to get the joints loose and the blood flowing. I just watched a video from the new Dorian Yates series talking about active stretching for your legs (vs static stretching). I haven't tried this yet, but if he says it helps get the legs ready, I'd trust him! Think I might try his methods this Friday before legs.

I noticed that was my biggest challenge compliance-wise when transitioning to teh bulking phase was the weekends - but like you said, I think you've earned yourself a good "break" given how hard you worked to get that lean.
    Weekends have killed me the past two weeks, not just b/c I don't look lean at all right now, but I feel like crap as well. But I'm just gonna get back into my prep mindset and not let anything tempt me. I find it easier to stay on a diet if there is a goal attached to it, so my goal is no binging/cheating until Thanksgiving I'll still give myself 1-2 free meals a week, but won't go overboard with anything.

Tri-Phase, Week 2, Workout 2
    October 27, 2010

Decline Bench Press
    185x10, 225x10, 225x10, 225x10

Low Incline DB Press
    75x10, 90x10, 80x10, 75x10

Dips
    BWx10, BW+50x7/BWx3, BW+40x8/BWx2, BWx10

Seated BB Shoulder Press
    95x10, 135x10, 135x8, 115x10

DB Lateral Raises
    30x10, 35x10, 3 sets

15 minutes SS cardio on bike.

Good night in the gym. I felt pretty strong on the decline presses, and I can attest that they definitely work the entire pec b/c the incline presses and dips were pretty difficult after pushing myself so hard on the decline bench. By the time we got to shoulders, I was pretty fatigued and for each set of the shoulder press, the weight started out feeling light but by the 6-7th rep it felt like a ton of bricks. Regardless, I finished the workout with a crazy pump in both my chest and shoulders, which always feels good.

Resting somewhat today. I'll probably stop and do some cardio on the way home to get a sweat going. Other than that, I'll get as much rest as possible and try to get ready for the leg day on Friday.

Also, my weight is starting to normalize around 205 I think. Since I'm going to continue eating clean, this may drop down a couple of more lbs, but I'm feeling better and the bloat is finally starting to go away.

3 sets for 10 @ 225 on decline is no joke.

That is definitely a feeling I have a love/hate relationship with - when you start off an exercise and the weight feels so light then you cross some threshold and all of a sudden it feels like it has doubled in weight from teh start....

3 sets for 10 @ 225 on decline is no joke.

That is definitely a feeling I have a love/hate relationship with - when you start off an exercise and the weight feels so light then you cross some threshold and all of a sudden it feels like it has doubled in weight from teh start....
    yeah, i like to push myself, I believe this will get me stronger/bigger, but there's something about telling your body/muscle to do something and nothing happens, no matter how hard you try to move the weight. Luckily i had a good spot... Paul should have noted his curl work in his log from last night though, lol.

Good night in the gym. I felt pretty strong on the decline presses, and I can attest that they definitely work the entire pec b/c the incline presses and dips were pretty difficult after pushing myself so hard on the decline bench. By the time we got to shoulders, I was pretty fatigued and for each set of the shoulder press, the weight started out feeling light but by the 6-7th rep it felt like a ton of bricks. Regardless, I finished the workout with a crazy pump in both my chest and shoulders, which always feels good.

Mr. Yates was right about the decline bench and the low incline DB presses!
    I take it you liked it.

I started rotating the decline bench with the other 2 pressing movements.
    One week decline is first then second then third. This allows me to go heavier on the DB presses.

...Luckily i had a good spot... Paul should have noted his curl work in his log from last night though, lol.
    I love doing spotter curls!...LOL!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am skipping biceps Saturday since I hit them this week already, thanks!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Tri-Phase, Week 2, Workout 3
    October 29, 2010

Hack Squat
    360x10, 410x7, 360x10, 360x10

Squat
    185x10, 225x8, 225x8, 225x9

SLDL
    225x10, 245x10, 265x10, 275x10

Cybex Leg Press Single Leg
    90x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x29

Single Leg Curl
    80x10, 90x10, 100x10, 100x10

Tri-Phase, Week 2, Workout 4
    October 30, 2010

Barbell Curls
    105x10, 115x10, 120x7, 105x10

Skull Crushers
    95x10, 105x8, 95x10, 95x10

Close Grip Bench Press
    135x10, 155x10, 165x10, 175x10

Hammer Curls
    45x10, 50x10, 55x10, 60x7

Seated Calf Raises
    180x10, 225x8, 225x6, 180x10

Free Motion Calf Press
    240x10, 300x10, 360x10, 400x10

Another great leg workout as they are still a bit sore this morning. I like the added leg press movement because when performing the lift with good range of motion, my quads are hit at the top and my hams/glutes are hit at the bottom. Since I haven't been doing too much of this movement over the past year or so, this may be why my legs are so sore, it might also be the final set Paul and I did to failure

All my lifts for both legs and arms seem to be improving, maybe not in weight, but at least in the amount of reps achieved in each set.

Weekend was pretty crazy, lots of family things going on as well as getting everything organized b/c I'm moving across town this weekend. Hopefully this week I can get everything accomplished while keeping my diet/training in check. Back/traps tonight, deadlifts are gonna be a killer.

Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 1
    November 1, 2010

Deadlifts
    315x10, 335x8, 365x5, 315x10, 315x10

High Cable Pull downs
    130x10, 155x10, 175x10, 155x10, 155x10

70x10, 80x10, 4 sets

Nautilus Compound Row / HS Low Row
    90x10, 140x10, 140x10 / 180x10, 180x10

Smith Shrugs
    225x10, 5 sets

DB Shrugs
    75x10, 5 sets

Last night was a tough one in the gym, especially deadlifts. My hamstrings were very tight and sore still from Friday's leg workout, so I think this is the reason. I could never get them fully warmed up. I could have pushed a few of the sets for an extra rep or two, but with the hamstrings not at full strength, I felt my form breaking and I wanted to avoid any injuries. For the rest of the workout, the weights were kept in the conservative range and my focus was more on a good contraction. By the end, my lats, upper back, and traps had a great pump.

Since I didn't do any cardio yesterday, I'll get some in today after work, then it's back to packing for my big move this weekend. Already looking forward to chest/shoulders this Wednesday though.

And BTW... Happy Movember!

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 1
    November 1, 2010

Deadlifts
    315x10, 335x8, 365x5, 315x10, 315x10

High Cable Pull downs
    130x10, 155x10, 175x10, 155x10, 155x10

70x10, 80x10, 4 sets

Nautilus Compound Row / HS Low Row
    90x10, 140x10, 140x10 / 180x10, 180x10

Smith Shrugs
    225x10, 5 sets

DB Shrugs
    75x10, 5 sets

Last night was a tough one in the gym, especially deadlifts. My hamstrings were very tight and sore still from Friday's leg workout, so I think this is the reason. I could never get them fully warmed up. I could have pushed a few of the sets for an extra rep or two, but with the hamstrings not at full strength, I felt my form breaking and I wanted to avoid any injuries. For the rest of the workout, the weights were kept in the conservative range and my focus was more on a good contraction. By the end, my lats, upper back, and traps had a great pump.

Since I didn't do any cardio yesterday, I'll get some in today after work, then it's back to packing for my big move this weekend. Already looking forward to chest/shoulders this Wednesday though.
    Where are you moving to? Closing to town or further away?
    RDF

My Journey:

Where are you moving to? Closing to town or further away?
    closer, into baldwin park from out by disney... my life will hopefully get a little less stressful with only a 15 minute drive to work

I've got a whopping 5 minute commute right now and loving life .

That moustache looks straight out of Reno 911/Supertroopers. Take that as you will .

I've got a whopping 5 minute commute right now and loving life .

That moustache looks straight out of Reno 911/Supertroopers. Take that as you will .
    haha, unfortunately that pic was from the end of last november, or movember... not growing out the stache this year, i'll just donate... here's link for anyone else that's interested: http://us.movember.com/

Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 2
    November 3, 2010

Decline Bench Press
    185x10, 185x10, 185x10, 225x10, 245x6

Low Incline DB Press
    80x11, 80x9, 80x8, 70x10, 70x10

Dips
    BW+35x10, BW+50x8, BW+50x8, BW+50x7, BWx50x8

BB Shoulder Press
    95x10, 135x10, 135x7, 115x10, 115x10

DB Lateral Raise
    30x10, 35x10, 40x10, 40x10, 35x10

15 minutes recumbent bike

Another great workout. Lots of volume, and even though the pace was fairly quick, it still took a long time to get through everything. My chest felt pretty tight at the start, so I was going to just work on form and moving the weight. But after the 3rd set on the declines, it felt better so I tried to lift some heavier weights. By the end of the workout, my whole upper body had a great pump going.

Off day today, gonna make sure I get enough food in me to recover from Monday/Yesterday for legs tomorrow.

Decline Bench Press

Low Incline DB Press

Another great workout. Lots of volume, and even though the pace was fairly quick, it still took a long time to get through everything. My chest felt pretty tight at the start, so I was going to just work on form and moving the weight. But after the 3rd set on the declines, it felt better so I tried to lift some heavier weights. By the end of the workout, my whole upper body had a great pump going.
    It's sounding as if you and Paul are getting some great WOs with the declines and low inclines or at least some major pumps.

What are your thoughts on them so far?

It's sounding as if you and Paul are getting some great WOs with the declines and low inclines or at least some major pumps.

What are your thoughts on them so far?
    every thursday/friday since we started using them my whole chest has been sore, so i think they are doing something. plus the movement takes some stress off my shoulders, which i like. so far, i'm really enjoying them.

Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 2
    November 3, 2010

Decline Bench Press

Low Incline DB Press

Dips
    BW+35x10, BW+50x8, BW+50x8, BW+50x7, BWx50x8

BB Shoulder Press
    95x10, 135x10, 135x7, 115x10, 115x10

DB Lateral Raise
    30x10, 35x10, 40x10, 40x10, 35x10

15 minutes recumbent bike

Off day today, gonna make sure I get enough food in me to recover from Monday/Yesterday for legs tomorrow.
    Nice workout Adam....do you find that Dips hurt your shoulder? I can't do them for that reason...
    RDF

My Journey:

Nice workout Adam....do you find that Dips hurt your shoulder? I can't do them for that reason...
    not really. my shoulder pain from a few months ago basically gone, but even when it was there dips never hurt them. i do feel pressure/stress on the shoulders while doing them, but it's more like muscles working, not pain. however, my shoulder pain seemed more nerve/muscular than structural, so maybe this is why i never felt pain during dips and only during certain movements.

hopefully you can get yours fixed soon, dips really hit the chest nice. i would even suggest doing assisted dips, but at a very slow controlled pace just to get the nice contraction in your chest, and this might take some of the pressure off your shoulder.

Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 3
    November 5th, 2010

HS V Squat
    180x10, 230x10, 270x10, 270x10, 270x10

Front Squats
    95x10, 135x10, 155x10, 135x10, 135x10

Single Cybex Leg Press
    135x10, 180x10, 180x10, 180x10, 180x28

DB SLDL
    65x10, 75x10, 85x10, 95x19, 105x10

Lying Leg Curls
    130x10, 150x10, 150x8, 130x10, 130x10

Great leg workout, tried something different instead of hacks and normal squats. Once we were done with the first few exercises, pace was fast, only rest was waiting for the other to finish their reps. I actually like the V-squat, hits the upper legs/hips a little differently than the hack/full squat.

Tri-Phase, Week 3, Workout 4
    November 6th, 2010

Skull Crushers SS EZ bar curls
    75x10\100x10, 95x10\100x10, 95x10\100x10, 95x10\95x10, 105x8\100x10

Close Grip Machine Press SS Calf Press
    225x10\400x15, 240x10\400x15, 255x10\400x15, 270x10\400x15, 270x10\400x15

HS Preacher Curls SS Seated Calf Raise
    65x10\180x10, 65x10\180x10, 65x10\180x10, 65x10\205x10, 65x8\205x10

I still needed to pack and prepare for my move so this was a quick workout. Still got an amazing pump in the arms though.

MOVING DAY
    November 7, 2010

3 hours of loading moving truck in the AM. 2 hours of unloading the moving trunk in the PM. countless trips up 3 flights of stairs made up for lack of cardio from the previous week. Throw in 1 heavy-ass marble table and it was a good total body workout

Tri-Phase, Week 4, Workout 1
    November 8, 2010

Decline Bench Press
    225x6, 245x6, 255x6

High Cable Rows
    225x6, 225x6, 210x6

BB Shoulder Press
    135x6, 155x6, 175x6

Iso Lateral Low Row
    270x6, 290x6, 290x6

Close Grip Bench Press
    185x6, 200x6, 195x6

Smith Shrugs
    315x6, 365x6, 315x6

Standing Barbell Curls
    105x6, 115x6, 125x6

Good night night in the gym. Wasn't sure about the weight with some of the exercises, and then for others my form was that strict so I dropped the weight to perform the lifts correctly. Overall, my whole upper body was pretty pumped from the workout. This is nice transition workout from volume to intensity b/c you kinda get in the middle of both. Next week I will be really focused on pushing more weight, maybe taking in a little more rest between sets.

Almost all settled in my new place, still have a few boxes to unpack. Also, Paul and I will be condensing the workouts this week to 3 so we can go down south the NGA Universe show to support his coach (layne) and some of the other fellas that are on these boards that are competing in the amateur show. Looking forward to the trip, should be a nice getaway from the last few weeks of moving stress.

Tri-Phase Week 4, Workout 2
    November 10, 2010

Hack Squat
    380x6, 400x6, 410x6

Full Squat
    225x6, 245x6, 255x6

Single Leg Curl
    90x6, 110x6, 110x6

Seated Calf Raise
    270x6, 270x6, 225x6

Leg Press Single Calf Raise
    270x6, 360x6, 360x6/Both feet x12

19 minutes cardio

Good night in the gym. Workout took a little longer b/c we were going heavy, but also it seemed like it was national squat day b/c all the squat racks were being used when Paul I needed them. I feel I could have gone 275+ on the full squat tonight if I hadn't killed my quads doing the heavy hacks. Overall I was happy and my legs are pretty sore right now considering the lower volume day, well compared to the last few weeks at least.

Tomorrow is a rest day, may do a little cardio if I can fit it in, I have a bunch of errands and I also have to get a body shop estimate on my car since it was hit while parked last night (minor damage, but some metal is exposed and I don't want any rust).

Friday will be an early workout and then it's off to south florida for the NGA universe.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast