Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How can people consume 2,000+ calories daily

I am not a muscular person, most of my life been verry thin. The last 4-5 years have let myself go, metabolism slowed. Now have been exercising a few months, want some bulk.
    I am trying to eat a high protien diet with as many veggies as possible. Information I find tells to eat as many good calories as possible, along with protein to bulk.
    2,000+ calories per day, I cannot eat this much no matter how hard I try, without eating junk. 2,000 caloris a day makes my stomach stick out like a beer belly, also makes me feel sluggish-lazy.
    Do you think this reaction will go away as time passes, with exercise?
    I walk 3 miles 3-4 MPH every day.
    Do a FB workout 2-3 hours, 30 second breaks between sets, every other day.

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try eating mixed nuts through out the day. They are high in calories, good fat, and protein. They also help expand the stomach.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AmeriJap View Post
    I am not a muscular person, most of my life been verry thin. The last 4-5 years have let myself go, metabolism slowed. Now have been exercising a few months, want some bulk.
    I am trying to eat a high protien diet with as many veggies as possible. Information I find tells to eat as many good calories as possible, along with protein to bulk.
    2,000+ calories per day, I cannot eat this much no matter how hard I try, without eating junk. 2,000 caloris a day makes my stomach stick out like a beer belly, also makes me feel sluggish-lazy.
    1. How did you calculate the number of calories you need to eat?

2. If I put a gun to your head and told you I'd pull the trigger if you didn't eat 2000 good calories by the end of the day, would you tell me to just go ahead and pull the trigger or do you think you'd somehow find the motivation?

If you think you'd find the motivation with the gun, then it's just a simple matter of finding the motivation without the gun

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post

2. If I put a gun to your head and told you I'd pull the trigger if you didn't eat 2000 good calories by the end of the day, would you tell me to just go ahead and pull the trigger or do you think you'd somehow find the motivation?

If you think you'd find the motivation with the gun, then it's just a simple matter of finding the motivation without the gun
    LOL... yes, many times you just have to do what you have to do!
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you actually measuring/weighing your food? 2000 calories isn't all that much, and you certainly didn't get to your present weight eating less than that...

bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000)
    2,000+ calories per day, I cannot eat this much no matter how hard I try
    1st things first, if you are struggling that badly to get your Calories and Protein for the day...you might want to look into a meal replacement powder. You can get your protein and your calories from it. Look at Mass gainers, they have higher calories too.

I am closer to 4000 calories and 350-400 grams of protein on a full out weight training day. I would say I eat 2500 calories and 250 grams of protein on an off day.

I make up the difference by buying bulk Almonds and snacking on them thru the day.

Lots of tuna, lots of fish, lots of chicken.

Honestly it sounds like you are a candidate for Meal Replacements...

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It can be hard if you're trying to do it in 3 meals per day, however most of us here eat at least 6 meals per day. That's a little over 300 calories per meal to eat 2,000 calories per day.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2scoops Protein
    2 servings (1cup Oatmeal)
    2 Cups Milk
    1 tbl spoon Oil

1000 Cals give take, cleanly
    76 P, 95C, 44F

6 Hard boiled eggs
    540 Cals, 48P , 25F

That leaves you with 500 cals to eat what you want and your pretty much good on your protein for the day
    Last edited by Come at me bro; 02-21-2010 at 04:43 PM.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When I saw the thread subject title I thought you were asking, "how can I eat ONLY 2,000 cals?" I don't even know where to begin to answer how do I eat that much!!!
    David

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    When I saw the thread subject title I thought you were asking, "how can I eat ONLY 2,000 cals?" I don't even know where to begin to answer how do I eat that much!!!
    ^^^^^^

Ie...me. Quick back of the napkin calcs for ya

B/w in # x 1.2 is about 240g of P x 4 cals = 960 / 5 meals

150g of potato/rice/sweet = ~55g of C per meal x 4 cals = 1100 /5 meals

Then add some cals from some veggies, some of the fats I havent added in.

Push comes to shove I add another protein drink and thats another 280 - 300 cals

And thats not eating alot by any real measure

In most BB's world - the hard part simply aint trying to figure out how to get it all down. Thats the easy bit!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmeriJap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Come at me bro View Post
    2scoops Protein
    2 servings (1cup Oatmeal)
    2 Cups Milk
    1 tbl spoon Oil

1000 Cals give take, cleanly
    76 P, 95C, 44F

6 Hard boiled eggs
    540 Cals, 48P , 25F

That leaves you with 500 cals to eat what you want and your pretty much good on your protein for the day
    Thanks for the input, I will try the shake recipe. I am consuming two shakes daily, with only maple syrup added.
    The shakes are less filling, so your shake will probably help.

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the input, I will try the shake recipe. I am consuming two shakes daily, with only maple syrup added.
    The shakes are less filling, so your shake will probably help.
    I forgot the 3 ice cubes, thats the most important

is epalhs spelt backward shlape's Avatar
    shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    ^^^this.

Based on the info you've given, it seems the calorie number you're chasing was kind of plucked out of thin air. There are calorie calculators and the like, here on bb.com and all over the internet, to help you get a more informed starting point. Then, you need to keep reviewing, which is all a part of the calorie-counting madness we enjoy so much.
    "All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy" - Woody's Chalkboard

Originally Posted by Ed-B View Post
    Are you actually measuring/weighing your food? 2000 calories isn't all that much, and you certainly didn't get to your present weight eating less than that...
    I do have a chart, what foods have how many calories. Dont know how accurate it is.
    I got to my present weight eating fast food = probably killing myself. I also had a driving job = 60-80 hours a week, not alot of time to exercise, or do much of anything.

Was 145# for 15 years, couldn't afford to eat enough food to put on weight + high metabolism.

Now I have the time, thanx to the economy, changing my habits, and lifestyle. Going to try, Come at me bro's shake. Hopefully I wont feel like it was Thanksgiving every day.

And I will look into measuring and weighing food more accurately.

Thanx.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am consuming two shakes daily, with only maple syrup added.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

ballvalve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel your pain literally.... I am trying to eat 2700 cals a day and can't get past 1900,
    todays breakfast was
    1 cup oatmeal (uncooked measurement) with 2 scoops protein powder mixed with water and a half a grapefruit, 1 tablespoon flax oil

I ate my other meals but I was uncomfortable all day and really didn't want to eat after breakfast..... feel like I got a big ole cannon ball in my stomach
    make it happen

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are your workouts 2-3 hours or is that total training hours?
    Genshai

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dear God, where do we begin?

I guess I'll have to be blunt. From your physique, it is obvious that in the past you have not had any problem in consuming more than 2,000kcal daily. Whether you got any actual nutrition out of those calories is an open question.

In January 2009 at the age of 37 I was 185lbs at 5'10". I had a 39" waist and a 40" chest. I could do some bodyweight squats, pushups and inverted rows. Maybe 2 chinups. I got sweaty walking up stairs. I was sick fairly often. Sound familiar?

In November 2009 I was 171lbs, with a 32" waist and 43" chest. I could deadlift 280lbs, squat 225lbs, and bench 180lbs, all for 3 sets of 5. I could run 1.5 miles in 12'15", enough to get me into the Australian Army even if I were 18 instead of 38.

You can do it in less than 10 months, because you get to learn from my mistakes, and all the wasted time I had, you don't have to have.

DIET
    The first thing to sort out is your diet. There are TEN basic foods.
    • fresh fruit
    • fresh vegetables
    • nuts
    • beans
    • meat (red or white)
    • fish
    • dairy & eggs
    • junk
    • alcohol

The important thing in the beginning is to make sure you get enough different nutrients to get you through workouts and recovery. So you will simply count portions. A “portion” is an amount of the food that'll fit in your hand; for liquids it's just a cup. For alcohol it's one “standard drink” (label on side of bottles).
    • No smoking or non-prescription drugs. None.
    • prepare most of your food yourself from fresh ingredients, that way you know what you're eating
    • have at least one portion of each kind of food each day; vegetarians can substitute dairy & eggs for meat or fish, vegans can substitute nuts and beans for meat, fish, dairy & eggs
    • have not more than 6 portions of junk food each week
    • have not more than 6 portions of alcohol a week, and not more than 2 in a day.
    • If you get tired or hungry, eat more vegies; if you get tired and hungry, eat more vegies and more starch.
    • Adjust as you go. If after a month you are overall bigger and wanted to be smaller, eat less; smaller and wanted to be bigger, eat more. Smaller, bigger or the same and wanted that, just keep doing what you're doing.

Starchy food is oats, rice, bread, pasta – always the wholegrain kind – and potatoes.

Junk food is any prepared meal you just have to heat, food whose ingredients include “natural flavours”, more than one type of sugar (all the names end in “-ose”, fructose, dextrose, etc), or where the packet is more colourful than the contents.

WORKOUTS
    On three days a week with a full clear day in between, all you need to do is deadlift, squat and bench. If that is two boring, have two workouts,

(A) deadlift, bent-over row, overhead press
    (B) squats, inverted rows, bench press

and alternate them. Each exercise should have 2 warmup sets of 10 with 50 and 75% the work weight. The work sets should be 3 sets of 6-8. In the first session do 3x6, then 3x7, and finally 3x8. After that, add weight to the bar and go back to 3x6. In this way you add weight weekly (with one workout) or fortnightly (with two).

This workout should take 30 minutes. In the beginning it'll take you 60 minutes, try to have each workout shorter than the last until you can do it in 30.

On the days off, go for a 1 mile run in the first week. 1.5 miles in the second, and so on until after 9 weeks you are running 5 miles. No need to increase it after that. Just choose a steady jogging pace you can keep up for the whole distance, it can be as slow as you like but you must not walk or stop. Once you've been running 5 miles 3 times a week for 4 weeks in a row, try to speed it up.

And each week, have a full day off doing nothing physical.

Aside from that, be generally more physically active. Walk to the shops, cycle to work. Yeah, I know it's far - work something out. If you have a 60 minute lunch, spend 15 minutes walking to a park for your lunch, eat for 30 minutes, walk back for 15 minutes. Don't use the leaf-blower, rake the leaves. Don't call the company to clear the snow off your driveway, shovel it. Lots of things you can if you use your imagination.

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was eating a little over 4000 calories a day and I LOVED it! Like some said...break it down to 6 meals a day....or in my case I went to 7 a day. Spread it out and you will digest it pretty quickly. Bump the numbers up little by little and you will hit 2000 in no time. Stick with it.
    Double T Sponsored Athlete!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you are going through hell... keep going" Sir Winston Churchill

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont really have a problem getting that much when I am trying to gain.
    when I am trying to cut I have a problem restricting them though heh heh

I calculated my diet for an average day from 5 or 6 years ago once (before getting health conscious)

it was around 6000 calories.

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I should add that with my dietary guidelines above, getting enough calories and nutrition won't be a problem. For example,

0700, cup oats, cup milk on the oats, glass of juice
    1000, apple, handful of almonds, glass of water
    1200, sandwich - palm-sized piece of steak, sliced fried eggplant, sliced fried capsicum, sliced fried mushrooms, lettuce, grainy wholemeal roll; orange; glass of water
    1500, handful of almonds, glass of water
    1700, workout drink - pint of milk + 3 eggs, drink half before and half after workout
    1900, 4oz (palm-sized) fish baked (wrapped in tinfoil) with chopped garlic and sliced lemon drizzled with olive oil; cup of vegies - sauteed onions, carrots, celery, zuccchini, broccoli; cup of beans
    2100, glass of milk

Portions of fresh fruit? Check. Fresh vegies? Check. Nuts, beans? Yep, yep. Meat? Yep. Fish? No worries. Starchy stuff, 4 portions - all wholegrain. And no junk or booze. Easily eaten.

Someone else can calculate the calories and protein. It's plenty, though. And should not be difficult to eat, nor does it take a culinary genius to cook. You can't fry a steak, slice an eggplant, and put them together in a roll the night before for lunch tomorrow? You can't mix a cup of milk and oats and put them in the microwave for 60 seconds? You can't put some almonds in a little plastic container for snacks? Come on.

I guess you are unaware that oats are 17% by weight protein, more than some fish and cuts of meat. And that food takes about six hours to go through the body anyway, up to 12 if you sleep.

You are probably also unaware that when people are overfat, they can lose fat and gain muscle while on a caloric deficit; their excess bodyfat makes up the deficit.

And since you like to give it but probably can't hack taking it, Oceanside: where'd you get your nutritional education, Broscience University?
    Last edited by KyleAaron; 02-21-2010 at 06:53 PM.

LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe you should try adding a glass of lowfat milk to each of your meals, which will not only up the calories, but the protein.

At first when Kimm4 told me to get in 2600 calories, I had some trouble with that (2000 wasn't hard, though). So I made sure I started EARLY in the day getting in 500+ calories and about 40 gr. of protein per meal, so that by my third meal by early afternoon, I was already over 1500 calories. I add a glass of lowfat milk or lowfat buttermilk (my favorite) with these meals and maybe a slice of lowfat cheese on occasion.

With practice and planning, 2000 calories will be extremely easy. Good luck and keep working at it!

LPM
    "Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. It is the wine of a new procreation, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for men and makes them drunk with the spirit."

Beethoven

gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2c oatmeal, 8tbl PB,2 scoops whey protein= 1500 calories...

What's for mid-morning snack?? Burp.
    Carpe Diem, BABY

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    ok my bad..

so instead of going on 30 or 40 gs of protien for 15 freakin hours, you're going on 60-70 !

it all makes sense now !
    Allright...FIGHT!!!!

Got my popcorn and beer. This outta be fun....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How can people not consume 2,000+ calories a day! Maybe I'm just a food addict...

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bunchacrunch View Post
    How can people not consume 2,000+ calories a day! Maybe I'm just a food addict...
    x2 Hopefully I'll never have to go below 2000 calories per day to cut as 2000 is the floor for me.

I have to wonder if the OP is counting correctly.

justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) justasquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would get a decent chart and make sure your actually eating the portion size that is listed. most food servings are much smaller than the portions we eat, so your probably getting much more than you think. For example, an average size steak is is usually 3 servings in size, as most charts will give data for a 3oz serving. I use caloriecount.com. They seem to be pretty accurate on most of thier items.

I think you may also have the problem of clean foods have a lot less calories in them than junk, so it does take more actual food amounts to equal the same calories. But in all honesty, I struggle to keep my calories that low. I truly beleive your miscounting somewhere.

On another note, walking everyday is great and 3-4 miles is a great number. However, I don't know how I would feel about the full body 3-4 hour workout every other day. That seems very excessive and would absolutely kill me. I workout 4 times a week for no more than an hour, (unless Im going heavy, then I give my rest periods a little more time). I hit two muscle groups per workout, which comes out to hitting the same muscle once every 6 days or so. Granted, everyone is different, and I have a pretty slow recovery and the "less is more" pattern works well for me. Just dont fall into the " if I do more, I'll get more results", because that will usually backfire. Your muscles need time to recover and build. If they don't get it, you won't get anywhere.
    Last edited by justasquid; 02-21-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    ok my bad..

so instead of going on 30 or 40 gs of protien for 15 freakin hours, you're going on 60-70 !

it all makes sense now !
    Yes, if you consume less than a pound of protein a day and do not get up in the middle of the night to have your Beefcake Hydroxybolic Night-time 3000, you run the risk of going ZOMFG CATABOLIC and overnight you'll turn from Arnold Squashenegger to Pee Wee Frickin' Herman. It's been proven by Broscience.

After all, wherever could your body store protein overnight?

Hang on, give me a minute, it'll come to me...

It's a good thing we have all this Broscience and protein powders and the rest. Before Beefcake Hydroxybolic Night-time 3000 was invented, nobody was able to build muscle at all. They'd eat steak and drink milk and lift heavy in the day, and then POOF! overnight their muscles would just disappear. It was sad, think of all those guys like Steve Reeves and Eugene Sandow and the Saxon brothers, guys who could have been big and strong if only they'd known to have a cup of protein powder just before bed.

Such a waste.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit
    If I put a gun to your head and told you I'd pull the trigger if you didn't eat 2000 good calories by the end of the day, would you tell me to just go ahead and pull the trigger or do you think you'd somehow find the motivation?

^^^^

LOL... nicely done, reps 4 u if I have some !!!
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience