qowpel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So, hiit post workout, do I do one, or the other? Please read?

Hey guys, well, pre workout for HIIT, I have some plain cardboard-flavor oats and some chicken for protein. I wait an hour after that meal, then do a rigorous hiit session. Straighht after I eat a hi-gi carb (that being, a banana). Then an hour later, I have a meal of..... just straight protein.... lean chicken breast.

I keep getting confused. I know you need a hi-gi carb right after hiit because you need that insulin spike for repair of your muscles to start as soon as possible. But the post, POST workout meal, an hour later, should that also have a bit of complex carbs in it (ie. oatmeal), along with, of course protein? Or is it alright that I am just having protein post-POST workout meal?

Also, many body builders treat hiit nutrition like a lifting session, so I see that many of them usually have a Hi-gi carb plus protein RIGHT after their hiit session, just like a lifting session for them. But I though simply a Hi-gi carb alone would be alright, RIGHT after the workout, and then an hour later there could be JUST protein, no complex carbs.

Please, somebody please clear this confusion up for me? I would highly appreciate it, I keep searching other threads regarding this and get mixed answers. Thanks in advance, and happy Sunday

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have what you like. It doesn't matter if it's high GI carbs, or low GI. You could have oatmeal, if you want. Your post-PWO meal is simply your next scheduled meal...whether that's with carbs, or with just protein and fat, it doesn't matter. As long as you're hitting your macros for the day, that's the important thing.

After your workouts, you should always have protein + carbs. Fats in this meal doesn't really matter. Go ahead and have some. There is no "right and wrong" thing to do when it comes to pre-WO and post-WO nutrition. The important thing is consistency, hard training, and hitting your macros.
    ^_^

qowpel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Have what you like. It doesn't matter if it's high GI carbs, or low GI. You could have oatmeal, if you want. Your post-PWO meal is simply your next scheduled meal...whether that's with carbs, or with just protein and fat, it doesn't matter. As long as you're hitting your macros for the day, that's the important thing.

After your workouts, you should always have protein + carbs. Fats in this meal doesn't really matter. Go ahead and have some. There is no "right and wrong" thing to do when it comes to pre-WO and post-WO nutrition. The important thing is consistency, hard training, and hitting your macros.
    oh thanks ! Just a thing though. I always thought you had protein obviously pre workout, but not as the first thing right after the workout? I thought you just go with a hi gi carb... THEN, after that post workout "snack" (banana for me), an hour later id have protein through chicken. I'm just not sure about a complex carb so far off in the day. (3 pm or later). Because I understand the whole use of a hi gi carb rite after workout as that sugar would be immediately utilized for glycogen transfer to the muscles. But then afterwards..... an hour later, I just don't know for carbs. Especially as my daily intake is only 15-1600, in which I only eat 450-500 cals of carbs, excluding the banana. By the time my workout has taken place, ive eaten all my carbs for the day. Any input?

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by qowpel View Post
    oh thanks ! Just a thing though. I always thought you had protein obviously pre workout, but not as the first thing right after the workout? I thought you just go with a hi gi carb... THEN, after that post workout "snack" (banana for me), an hour later id have protein through chicken. I'm just not sure about a complex carb so far off in the day. (3 pm or later). Because I understand the whole use of a hi gi carb rite after workout as that sugar would be immediately utilized for glycogen transfer to the muscles. But then afterwards..... an hour later, I just don't know for carbs. Especially as my daily intake is only 15-1600, in which I only eat 450-500 cals of carbs, excluding the banana. By the time my workout has taken place, ive eaten all my carbs for the day. Any input?
    Keep carbs to preWO, postWO, and breakfast. Have protein in ALL your meals.

Is there a reason why your calories are so low? What are your stats and goals?
    ^_^