Thread: Back Injury

Brawla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back Injury

Ok, I injured my back about 2 1/2 years ago, I jumped from a roof onto some scaffolding with a stack of tiles in my hands. I started to hurt the next day in the lower middle back.

First of all I just gave it rest, some gentle stretches and plenty of time. It got a little better but still had a constant ache and sharp pain when leaning backwards.

I went to the doctors who referred me to a physio, manipulation didnt work. The only thing that did work was ultrasound, my back felt perfectly fixed for one hour after and then went back to the aching. Accupuncture didn't work either.

They did and MRI scan and everything was all ok (apparently). Also an isotope bone scan which was all clear.

They then decided that it could be the facet joints, so I proceeded to have steroid injected into my back, I rested for the 2 weeks after that and it felt pretty good but as soon as I started any activity it was back to square one!

When I press on the spine itself it hurts, the main source of pain feels like it's coming from lower middle but when I wak up in the mornings everywhere is very stiff and painful. It tightens my whole back up sometimes throughout the day.

If I lift weights using my back I am virtually crippled for the 3 day after, then it just goes back to normal.

Does anyone have any ideas?