JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Possible rotator cuff injury?

My shoulder hurts when i do arm circles and side lateral raises im not talking about using weight or anything just when moving my arm in those motions it hurts, does this sound like a rotator cuff injury?

Advice on what i should do?
    Last edited by JOSEF RAKICH; 02-20-2010 at 04:44 PM.

G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    My shoulder hurts when i do arm circles and side lateral raises im not talking about using weight or anything just when moving my arm in those motions it hurts, does this sound like a rotator cuff injury?

Advice on what i should do?
    Where exactly are you feeling the pain?

JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DDEAW View Post
    Where exactly are you feeling the pain?
    Inside my shoulder, i did a quick google and this is the place where it hurts (i think), im pretty sure its my RC that i have injured but im not 100% sure.

I dont think i have actually torn my RC as its not that painfull i can still reach and press above my head, it only hurts if i do arm circles or lateral raises with just my arm. I only noticed it being sore this morning and have not been in the gym since as its currently the weekend (off days).

Do you think it could be a RC injury, if so whats your advice on what to do?

G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would incorporate some internal and external rotation exercises into my routine. Also taking some time off from exercises that are painful may not be a bad idea.

Similarly, I have pain in the highlighted spot on the picture(the spot that doesn't have the arrow pointed at). It gets irritated whenever I bench, barbell shoulder press, or perform frontal raises. I used this guide http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 and my RC has been improving.

Originally Posted by DDEAW View Post
    I would incorporate some internal and external rotation exercises into my routine. Also taking some time off from exercises that are painful may not be a bad idea.

Similarly, I have pain in the highlighted spot on the picture(the spot that doesn't have the arrow pointed at). It gets irritated whenever I bench, barbell shoulder press, or perform frontal raises. I used this guide http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 and my RC has been improving.
    Some internal and external rotation exercises such as?

Im actually taking a week off from the gym altogether, not because of my injury but just because i feel like i need a week off to let my body fully recover, dont want to start over-training and burn out my CNS. When i get back in the gym though i will probally not train shoulders, depends on how my shoulder is feeling at the time though..

Thanks for the link i will check out the guide.
    Last edited by JOSEF RAKICH; 02-21-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Some internal and external rotation exercises such as?

Im actually taking a week off from the gym altogether, not because of my injury but just because i feel like i need a week off to let my body fully recover, dont want start over-training and burn out my CNS. When i get back in the gym though i will probally not train shoulders, depends on how my shoulder is feeling at the time though..

Thanks for the link i will check out the guide.
    good idea on taking the week off man..

I have the same thing i think..i would rest it and maybe if u have the money go and see a good physiotherapist..they will give u the correct exercises to perform and properly diagnose you..

I injured mine and tried to lift again too soon..just ended up taking longer to mend..nearly there now..still annoying..

Originally Posted by hayden079 View Post
    good idea on taking the week off man..

I have the same thing i think..i would rest it and maybe if u have the money go and see a good physiotherapist..they will give u the correct exercises to perform and properly diagnose you..

I injured mine and tried to lift again too soon..just ended up taking longer to mend..nearly there now..still annoying..
    Yeah just going to rest up and not use the injured shoulder much hopefully it gets better by next monday for when i am back in the gym, i might go get it checked out also though it it dosent seem to be getting any better.

Bump.

Recovery/treatment for injured RC?

WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    send me your email addy through PM and i will send you a document i got from a doctor for PT on rotator cuff injuries. basically, people often have very weak external rotators and that causes an imbalance in the shoulder muscles which leads to rotator cuff tears.