Thread: Fat in stool?

stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat in stool?

I know a lot of people say that consuming too much fat will not cause it to be excreted in your stool, but I come before you as living proof that it will. I have been on a keto diet for 5 days, and I've had orange globular fat floating in the bowl with my stool for the last 2 days. I am not taking a fat supplement, it is only coming from my diet (which has been mostly poultry, eggs, peanuts, and soup with some chili, bacon, fish, peanut butter and sausage thrown in).

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I going to die? I really didn't think I was consuming a tremendous amount of fat, especially compared to the posters here who do shots of oil. Until yesterday I was actually considering adding more fat to my diet because I lost 3lbs. in the first 3 days and wanted to add more calories to help preserve muscle mass.

masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masamune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'd get that checked out. from memory fatty stool is linked to pancreas or liver problems.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You may not yet be producing enough bile to digest it all.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jregan519 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stschott View Post
    I know a lot of people say that consuming too much fat will not cause it to be excreted in your stool, but I come before you as living proof that it will. I have been on a keto diet for 5 days, and I've had orange globular fat floating in the bowl with my stool for the last 2 days. I am not taking a fat supplement, it is only coming from my diet (which has been mostly poultry, eggs, peanuts, and soup with some chili, bacon, fish, peanut butter and sausage thrown in).

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I going to die? I really didn't think I was consuming a tremendous amount of fat, especially compared to the posters here who do shots of oil. Until yesterday I was actually considering adding more fat to my diet because I lost 3lbs. in the first 3 days and wanted to add more calories to help preserve muscle mass.
    Tell that to a doctor. Sounds pretty serious.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you by any chance taking Alli or Xenical or anything along those lines? Orange floating stools are very common with those medications. Mind you, the chili could be enough to turn it orange.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stschott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Are you by any chance taking Alli or Xenical or anything along those lines? Orange floating stools are very common with those medications. Mind you, the chili could be enough to turn it orange.
    I'm not taking any supplements other than a multivitamin. I have heard it happens with Alli but I'm not taking it. I had the chili on Monday, and it's my own homemade chili and has never caused this before.

I guess just to clarify: my stool itself is not orange. It is more or less a normal, natural color. My guess is that it has some of this orange fat on the outside of it that dissociates in the toilet water and floats on top as, for example, olive oil would.

I'm going to give it until Monday and if it hasn't stopped I'm going to call my doctor and get off of keto.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your poo is normal, then I wouldn't really worry about it. How do you feel? If you feel well and healthy, that's what you go by. My poo is red if I eat beetroot, or even beet greens, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You lost me with "Am I going to die?" Troll somewhere else.

notherz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ur not going to die

what about the grease content of ur food ?????

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    I thought it was funny. I dont think he really thinks hes going to die, fat in your poo is odd, I dont care who you are.

Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Get a sense of humor.

I decided to get off the keto diet today. I just didn't feel very good on it, and my Italian girlfriend was upset that I wouldn't eat anything she cooked. I also lost 5lbs. but couldn't tell in the mirror, so that made me uneasy about it. I could also tell my PWO recovery was slower than usual. I'm going back on a normal gymrat diet, but I'm going to eat a little less and bike a little more.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quick call to your doc would be helpful. You usuually don't have an oil slick in your poo unless something is preventing it from being digested...or you've eaten something that can't be digested...ie, mineral oil, alli. But who knows? Call your doc!