Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: db bench

codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10) codylmarshall is on a distinguished road. (+10)

db bench

is it true that benching w/ dbs can improve your chest size? ive heard that it does but at the same time it reduces your maxouts on normal bb bench.... which is better for me? im not going for weight just to get my chest bigger

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by codylmarshall View Post
    is it true that benching w/ dbs can improve your chest size? ive heard that it does but at the same time it reduces your maxouts on normal bb bench.... which is better for me? im not going for weight just to get my chest bigger
    You'll move more weight with a barbell, and moving the most weight is what tells your body it needs to grow.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

dat dere stick insect noflyingcars's Avatar
    noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hate dumbells bench press.
    I think (just my personal view) it really hurts the rotator cuff of the shoulder. Reason is the dumbell goes up vertical, so the whole weight is going to try to dislocate the shoulder. With the barbell (and good form) the weight is pushing towards your chest (other than down vertical) so i think it's much easier on your shoulder ligaments.
    3k+

HelpMeIncrease has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally feel DB is better for chest for its size because you can do more forms with it. Yes barbell has more weight and you can do bench press with that but db can work around the sized, innter and outder while barbell will give you upper, lower and middle.

Why not do both??

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    db bench is fine. is it the best? maybe not. But some people will argue that military press is the best chest builder. I say use barbell some, and dumbbell some

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dumbbell presses are very good since with them you're working both sides of your body independently, thereby reducing muscle imbalances and allowing for more stabilizer muscles to be used as well as a greater range of motion.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rep4EST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe DB exercises has it advantages over BB exercises. Having the stablize each weights incorporates your stabilizing muscle in which in return will result into a fuller chest, I believe.

Now if you want more thickness and mass, I would stick with BB exercises.

NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rep4EST View Post
    I believe DB exercises has it advantages over BB exercises. Having the stablize each weights incorporates your stabilizing muscle in which in return will result into a fuller chest, I believe.

Now if you want more thickness and mass, I would stick with BB exercises.

I agree with the above comment, however i would say that BB exercises play a very important role in mas building... i do DB exercises in order to tone and hit parts of the pody i cant with compound movements I believe you should do both ! Start with the compound exercise and then do the isolation exercises hope i helped a little

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DB is superior to bb because it requires more stabilization of the weights and allows for greater ROM. Thus a dumbbell bench press is actually more compound than a barbell bench press, because more stabilization muscles are incorporated.

You'll also come to find that you can Max 230% of your 10-rep dumbbell weight, which is not true of your 10-rep barbell weight. Dumbells are much harder, so you have to use less weight to get a full 10 reps than you would for a barbell.

Barbells also allow for one side to become dominant, and grow more than the other. This is because the entire weight is 1 piece, so one side can 'assist' the other weaker side, inhibiting its growth. Dumbbells push each side equally, provided your form doesn't suck and you're not trying to lift too much weight.

Dumbbells are far preferable to a barbell for all training. However, Powerlifting uses only barbell, so if you're going to a meet or something, train for 4-6weeks with the barbell prior to competing.
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NateDog18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DuLac View Post
    DB is superior to bb because it requires more stabilization of the weights and allows for greater ROM. Thus a dumbbell bench press is actually more compound than a barbell bench press, because more stabilization muscles are incorporated.

You'll also come to find that you can Max 230% of your 10-rep dumbbell weight, which is not true of your 10-rep barbell weight. Dumbells are much harder, so you have to use less weight to get a full 10 reps than you would for a barbell.

Barbells also allow for one side to become dominant, and grow more than the other. This is because the entire weight is 1 piece, so one side can 'assist' the other weaker side, inhibiting its growth. Dumbbells push each side equally, provided your form doesn't suck and you're not trying to lift too much weight.

Dumbbells are far preferable to a barbell for all training. However, Powerlifting uses only barbell, so if you're going to a meet or something, train for 4-6weeks with the barbell prior to competing.
    This guy knows his stuff Just read some extra research and it said all that he has just said. However personal experiences, i have worked out with dumbbells on my chest for a year and recently started doing more barbells, and i have started gaining mass, all i did was change the routine a bit put the Barbell exercise(bench press) first and followed with the DBs exercises. Also stretching and contraction phases, as well as plyometric exercises will help a lot ! Just try it out and see if it works for you

rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rusty1313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I used to work out with barbell bench press but thats when i used to work out with a mate so i had a spotter. Now that i workout alone i find you can push yourself harder with dumbbells and personally ive had better gains with dumbbells

jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mark Rippetoe tells me to work chest with a barbell on the bench, so that's what I do.

When I know more about weight training than Mark Rippetoe I'll get back to you.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

str8outtacuse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive seen better results in size and strength with Dumbbells. Maybe it's just me, but I think dumbbell press is more effective. Although BB still has the advantage of being easier to manage and balance. But overall I prefer DB Press.

MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. You're like me, you do lots of reading, and lots of research. My hat's off to you my friend. Good post.

memorex123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) memorex123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i find dumbbell presses really don't work my upper chest. even if i do the inclined dumbbell press i find it just works my shoulders more and misses my upper chest

Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Metroba is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by memorex123 View Post
    i find dumbbell presses really don't work my upper chest. even if i do the inclined dumbbell press i find it just works my shoulders more and misses my upper chest
    I think those that have this problem are not engaging their chest enough. I had this problem a year or so and I found the solution was to do ass off bench db bench.

Registered User saleenmustang281's Avatar
    saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saleenmustang281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Theres no way

I can rep 85s 10 times and I cant get 120 up once

Oh and I do BB flat bench and then DB incline bench on my chest days. Then my last exercise is machined or cable flies.

SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50) SirBash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prefer BB on flat and DB on incline.. I think a good mix is good but overall you would get better results with DBs

aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aruss87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    arnold's encyclopedia mentioned to do db 1/3 of the time you do bench. so just do dumbels every so often, but BB more. something my buddy told me cuz i was doing all dumbel, then i worked out with him and i couldn't do **** on barbel. it made me really mad cuz now he dominates me on bench... he does bb only. i like db more, but there is more strength to be made on bb

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dumbells are much harder, so you have to use less weight to get a full 10 reps than you would for a barbell.
    Right less weight means your body won't think it needs to grow as much. Just like DOMS doesn't mean you've stimulated your body to grow, neither does something being harder.

Barbells also allow for one side to become dominant, and grow more than the other. This is because the entire weight is 1 piece, so one side can 'assist' the other weaker side, inhibiting its growth.
    That's only true on a machine where the "bar" is constrained to be horizontal. One side cannot assist the other size in any meaningful way with a free barbell. You need to take a physics class.

LOL, that's WAY TOO FUNNY. Its pretty much a proven fact that there is very little carry over from dumbbell presses to flat barbell bench. You'll never see any successful powerlifter training with dumbbells until 4-6 weeks from a meet. LOL, I can't stop laughing at this advice, you clearly don't know the first thing about powerlifting. Out of my 10 or so serious powerlifting buddies ( several with national/world records ), I've only seen ONE of them press a dumbbell ONCE in 2 years.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 12-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Originally Posted by NoMeatFreak View Post

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. You're like me, you do lots of reading, and lots of research. My hat's off to you my friend. Good post.
    Too funny, he clearly shows a lack of understanding of basic physics and powerlifting. I've got a 60" chest (at 14% body fat ), yeah you say i know f-ing nothing about chest development. Whatever NoMeatFreak. You're a jerk NoMeatFreak and have a lot to learn about both training and life.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 12-20-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't believe it hasn't been said yet: food is good for size.

Obviously there are pros and cons to DBs vs. BBs are benefits of both, but if you want your chest to grow, eat. Work hard in the gym and vary things up, but diet will make you grow.

Originally Posted by Inertiatic View Post
    I can't believe it hasn't been said yet: food is good for size.

Obviously there are pros and cons to DBs vs. BBs are benefits of both, but if you want your chest to grow, eat. Work hard in the gym and vary things up, but diet will make you grow.
    That (food) makes too much sense for this forum. Things need to be complicated to be accepted here. Actually, you've also complified things a little, you don't need to vary things up to grow. Muscle confusion is a myth perpetuated by people who usually want to sell you something.

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wasn't so much talking about muscle confusion as I meant to insinuate progressive overload, etc.

BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10) BluePepper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jkreuze View Post
    Mark Rippetoe tells me to work chest with a barbell on the bench, so that's what I do.

When I know more about weight training than Mark Rippetoe I'll get back to you.
    Rippetoe also said, "In fact, the dumbbell version of the exercise, which actually predates the barbell version due to its less specialized equipment requirements, is probably a better exercise for most purposes other than powerlifting competition. This is especially true if the weights used are sufficiently heavy, challenging the ability of the lifter to actually finish a set", didn't he? Or has that quote been mis-attributed?

MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Too funny, he clearly shows a lack of understanding of basic physics and powerlifting. I've got a 60" chest (at 14% body fat ), yeah you say i know f-ing nothing about chest development. Whatever NoMeatFreak. You're a jerk NoMeatFreak and have a lot to learn about both training and life.
    340 pounds on a six foot eight frame isn't that impressive especially when it's not balanced properly. My frame is symmetrical, and can support a lot of mass in balance. Your frame looks like a damn refrigerator and you have a gut. Your arms are only 22 inches and your legs are skinny, and yet you have been training for years. No wonder you look like ****, you still don't know what you are doing after all these years(not to mention bad genetics).

That's just sad. You sent me a private message calling me "little" LMFAO!. What a joke! Please, in terms of mass I actually look bigger than you, and I'm only at 250. But I'm six foot five, not eight. You're just butt hurt about getting negged by me. You're old and stupid and look like ****, and I will no longer respond to your stupidity. And it wouldn't hurt if you stopped giving out bad advice to other people. Peace out.

MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MXG1072 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    FWIW, I have long arms and I prefer dumbbell press to barbell bench exercises, with that being said I still do both.

BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think if you want strength barbell is better. I think that when going for strength the heavier you can lift is usually better for building strength. Although that was not the initial question. I do both DB and BB and don't prefere one over the other. I think they both help me, so I keep doing them both. I don't know why everyone has to get so personall about it. Everyones different. Maybe for you DB's will work better, maybe for the next guy BB will.

bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobackwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by codylmarshall View Post
    IMO barbell increases more size, however with DB bench you can get a more defined look since more secondary muscles are being used to help u stabilize when benching. I like to do both, same old exercises gets boring so its nice to switch it up. I perfer DB, feel like i get more of a workout compared to bar

no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) no1ninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would love to do DB press, but getting the weight I use into pressing position would probably do more damage than good. This reminds me of what a kinesiology friend said about the rotator cuff, "one of the poorest design choices in the entire body".

I can see how DB Press would be superior due to form and balance. All the power to those that do it, I am sure it kicks ass.

At the same time, its not like you can miss one side doing more work than the other with a barbell, so I don't see why you can't get the same pump using more weight.

(...than again those pics in the rags with guys DB pressing sure look impressive.)