jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmb05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Fasting the day after a cheat day!?

Ok so my PT told me to have a cheat day after 4 days of very healthy low carb high protien eating to create a calorie deficit to trick you metabolism. But I read some where that said you have to fast the day after??

Cant that be bad for muscle retention? Do any of you use the cheat day method??

thanks!

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't fast, if you cheat just stick to your normal diet the next day.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also, don't follow nutritional guidelines given to you by your PT. Quite obviously they're trainers, not nutritionists.
    Female.

Nutrition Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122212751&page=1

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154412901&p=1080426511#post1080426511

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ x2. Although i happened to have done it before but not on purpose i just was full as hell the next day so i didnt even wanna look at any food.

ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fasting sounds like a bad idea. Even if on your cheat day you ate twice as much as a regular day and you wanted to balance it out, disperse that surplus over a couple days/week if you are concerned. Though my advice is if it was a planned cheat day, eat normal the next day. If it was planned, it was part of your diet...technically not cheating.

Also, if you are concerned about tricking your metabolism, you could apply that theory but not so drastically. For example, if your caloric intake goal is X calories for the day, you can eat like the following:
    Day 1 X cals
    Day 2 X+300 cals
    Day 3 X-300 cals

The net effect should be the same. I just would avoid extremes like double calorie day then no calorie day. Eat drastically too much in a day and that is most likely gonna end up as fat. Eat nothing for a day and you most likely will lose muscle. The net effect is a worse body comp than before.

currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) currdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im gonna try the cheat/fast method. most people have this unfounded fear that they will lose muscle in a day's time. how can this be true if you muscle and liver glycogen stores are full after a big cheat day? the body doesnt utilize healthy tissue for energy unless it absolutley has too. Intermittent fasting is a good way to give the digestive system a break and to get back on track

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ChampX View Post
    Fasting sounds like a bad idea.

Eat nothing for a day and you most likely will lose muscle. The net effect is a worse body comp than before.
    For Christ's sake no you won't.

Originally Posted by currdiesel View Post
    im gonna try the cheat/fast method. most people have this unfounded fear that they will lose muscle in a day's time. how can this be true if you muscle and liver glycogen stores are full after a big cheat day? the body doesnt utilize healthy tissue for energy unless it absolutley has too. Intermittent fasting is a good way to give the digestive system a break and to get back on track
    IFing is fine. Some people tend to find that they feel a lot better. It won't kill your metabolism or make you lose muscle.
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I practice intermittent fasting every day, so that means fasting every day.

However, damage control is never good. It just leads to binge-starve cycles, which can develop an unhealthy relationship with food and trigger eating disorders.

I can bet you anything if you go to sleep tonight and just forget about it, you'll wake up tomorrow the very same person, to a new day, and you'll notice the world has not exploded. Therefore, you are fine.
    ^_^

MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sounds like your PT is an idiot.

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    I practice intermittent fasting every day, so that means fasting every day.

However, damage control is never good. It just leads to binge-starve cycles, which can develop an unhealthy relationship with food and trigger eating disorders.

I can bet you anything if you go to sleep tonight and just forget about it, you'll wake up tomorrow the very same person, to a new day, and you'll notice the world has not exploded. Therefore, you are fine.
    he's talking about a TOTAL/entire DAY IE not eat at all for 24 hours post cheat fast. IF is PERIODS of fasting then eating enough calories in a feeding "window".

you know this. why act like "oh, well i'm the ish i fast EVERYDAY"

MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DanTheManB View Post
    he's talking about a TOTAL fast. IF is PERIODS of fasting then eating enough calories in a feeding "window".

Yeah really.

And since when is 16 hours really considered a fast anyway?

HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000) HALOBRYAN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dont know but it look like ur PT tried to tell u to go in keto diet. It may not be one day of cheating but only one meal. And the cheat meal will act as a refeed? May be u miss the details?

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have personally tried fasting after a cheay day. It works wonders for weight loss. However, if you're weightlifting, the anabolic window post workout is maximized at the 24 hour period. So obviously you will have hurt your gains a bit by not eating in the window.

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrMcCarthy View Post
    Yeah really.

And since when is 16 hours really considered a fast anyway?
    I've done it. i even go 12 hour periods EASILY lately and im not doing IF whatsoever. just dont feel like eating sometimes

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    he's talking about a TOTAL fast. IF is PERIODS of fasting then eating enough calories in a feeding "window".

Lol WTF is up your ass?

I never made it sounds like "I'm the sh*t because I fast EVERYDAY." I was just making a statement.
    ^_^

I've done it. i even go 12 hour periods EASILY lately and im not doing IF whatsoever. just dont feel like eating sometimes
    exactly

I've been sleeping for 10-12 hours lately and I rarely eat immediately before bed

Lol WTF is up your ass?

I never made it sounds like "I'm the sh*t because I fast EVERYDAY." I was just making a statement.

Lol WTF is up your ass?

it wasnt neccesary. you knew what you were doing. i was checking you.

Originally Posted by Murderfox View Post
    ^^ x2. Although i happened to have done it before but not on purpose i just was full as hell the next day so i didnt even wanna look at any food.
    ive done this too. esp if alcohol was in the midst of mass cheating. ugh.

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    It takes 2 to 3 day for your food to go through your GI. In the meanwhile, it's slowly digesting. If your cheat day is 3,000 kcal or more, a lot of it will still be inside you and still digesting. "fasting" for a day won't catabolize your muscle unless you workout heavy that day. You'll also have glycogen stores in your liver to use.

Originally Posted by Robosco View Post
    It takes 2 to 3 day for your food to go through your GI. In the meanwhile, it's slowly digesting. If your cheat day is 3,000 kcal or more, a lot of it will still be inside you and still digesting. "fasting" for a day won't catabolize your muscle unless you workout heavy that day. You'll also have glycogen stores in your liver to use.
    No.

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrMcCarthy View Post
    No.
    Maybe he meant 2-3 days before it is EXCRETED, not DIGESTED. Digestion is highly variable and can last upwards of 24 hours post ingestion depending on various factors.

To the OP: Cheat DAYS are never a good thing IMO, A (1) cheat MEAL is a better compromise
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•