ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Sharp pain back of skull top neck

I have been having a very sharp pain in the back of my skull at the top of my neck. This pain comes and goes when i exercise. Its like a throbing pain and its very unpleasant and hurts very much. I dont know what to do and iam scared it might be some thing severe. I started noticing the pain after squating when i put the bar on my traps i think which was a little high up. Can i have pinched a muscle or a nerve ? This pain only comes and goes every so often usually at the begining of my exercises... Today i did shrugs with no pain whats so ever. Very weird.

Help is appreciated and reps are given : )

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have the same thing it comes and goes. I have a pinched nerve that comes out under my right trap. I often feel it right on the base of my skull. Go see a chiropractor and see if that helps. Usually getting your spine properly aligned allows for much better functioning. I also found that strengthening my traps has helped which may explain why it didn't hurt for you doing shrugs. Also, try to keep your posture throughout the day and especially don't slump your shoulders forward.

edit- Try stretching too. Relax your neck and gently pull your head forward and to the side, and switch sides. You should feel a nice pull in your trap and upper back. That may help before squatting as well. You can try to completely relax the muscles in your neck and let your head tilt back. If you can relax enough you can often hear the fluid move in the base of your skull which releases some pressure.

Let me know if you have any other symptoms man. It really sucks I've been going through it for about a decade now.
    Last edited by patmedown167; 02-18-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    I am inspired by Zyzz. Did I deletes?

ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouija818 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by patmedown167 View Post
    I have the same thing it comes and goes. I have a pinched nerve that comes out under my right trap. I often feel it right on the base of my skull. Go see a chiropractor and see if that helps. Usually getting your spine properly aligned allows for much better functioning. I also found that strengthening my traps has helped which may explain why it didn't hurt for you doing shrugs. Also, try to keep your posture throughout the day and especially don't slump your shoulders forward.
    thank you i have a feeling its a pinched nerve because i put the bar weird for a second when squating and felt a pain / pull

any one have remedys ?

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ouija818 View Post
    thank you i have a feeling its a pinched nerve because i put the bar weird for a second when squating and felt a pain / pull

any one have remedys ?
    Stretching seems to work best for me, and I go to the chiropractor once every other month or so it really seems to help and is only like $25. Try to get massages when you can (I know they're expensive). If you are still under your parents' insurance seriously look into surgery if you get a diagnosis. The problem is, it is usually hard to diagnose without expensive tests and surgery can damage muscle tissue in the area.

If you go to the chiro once you will probably learn a few good ways to stretch and make yourself feel better on your own. You can put a small wet towel in the microwave and lay it on your neck when it is bad too, but be careful or you will burn yourself.
    I am inspired by Zyzz. Did I deletes?

Originally Posted by patmedown167 View Post
    Stretching seems to work best for me, and I go to the chiropractor once every other month or so it really seems to help and is only like $25. Try to get massages when you can (I know they're expensive). If you are still under your parents' insurance seriously look into surgery if you get a diagnosis. The problem is, it is usually hard to diagnose without expensive tests and surgery can damage muscle tissue in the area.

If you go to the chiro once you will probably learn a few good ways to stretch and make yourself feel better on your own. You can put a small wet towel in the microwave and lay it on your neck when it is bad too, but be careful or you will burn yourself.
    thank you : )

tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might be getting something called exertion headaches. I had a pain like you're describing a few times in my training, and it was triggered by squats too. It was a really intense throbbing pain, like a headache but intense enough to make me take a seat and grab my head in pain.

The first time I got it I went to the doc and they did a blood test which didn't show anything. I tried to push through it but it just didn't go away so I took a break from lifting for a while and just did cardio.

The second time about a year after that it came back during squats just like before, except this time I didn't back down. I started trying more supplements and I think NO-Xplode, which has a vasodilator, eliminated the problems.

After everything I figured that I had what's called an exertion headache. Gonna finish the NO-Xplode in a few days and see if the headaches come back. I'll post an update then.

Pick up, put down, repeat Menark's Avatar
    Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Menark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jrs5342 View Post
    You might be getting something called exertion headaches. I had a pain like you're describing a few times in my training, and it was triggered by squats too. It was a really intense throbbing pain, like a headache but intense enough to make me take a seat and grab my head in pain.

The first time I got it I went to the doc and they did a blood test which didn't show anything. I tried to push through it but it just didn't go away so I took a break from lifting for a while and just did cardio.
    I have this very promblem at the moment. I lifted way too heavy one day a few weeks ago and since then I have had a throbbing headache whenever I do exercise.
    I went to the doctor and he said to get a blood test but I doubt I will do it and just hope a month long break will make it better.

tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tso.bulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Menark View Post
    I have this very promblem at the moment. I lifted way too heavy one day a few weeks ago and since then I have had a throbbing headache whenever I do exercise.
    I went to the doctor and he said to get a blood test but I doubt I will do it and just hope a month long break will make it better.
    Don't take the break, that's what I did and it only came back a year later. Buy some cheap L-Arginine pills from walmart or walgreens and see if that helps. If it doesn't I would go back to the doc because it could be serious.

Reviving this **** for an update...done with no-xplode for at least a week now, and I'm still putting up bigger weights than I ever did before with no headaches. Probably my pussy-ass veins decided to harden up. I'd still recommend a vasodilator to fix these types of headaches.

Originally Posted by jrs5342 View Post
    Reviving this **** for an update...done with no-xplode for at least a week now, and I'm still putting up bigger weights than I ever did before with no headaches. Probably my pussy-ass veins decided to harden up. I'd still recommend a vasodilator to fix these types of headaches.
    mine actually went away i switched from a warm towel to ice every 15 mins or so for about 6 - 7 times and gave it rest for a couple days so far it has not been bothering me.